Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:24:48 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772963
  • Total Topics: 66312
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 169
Total: 172

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: I can't have a procedure due to Heart Attack  (Read 5504 times)

Offline lforsyth

• Standard
  • Instaurator Ruinae
I can't have a procedure due to Heart Attack
« on: August 17, 2010, 08:16:54 pm »
DAMN! I have lipoma and at the AMG in Vegas learned that I have a big one on my back also (don't ask). The Doctor told me today that I have to be off Plavix before they can do anything. CRAP!!!!!DAMN! Their gross.

I also have arthritis in my spine between the 5th and 6th vertebre. The opennings for the nerves to my left side are pinched when I look to the left, down and it's expanding to more positions. I need to get off heart med's to get any treatment.  But I had a Heart attack last Christmas Eve and they usually prescribe meds for 12 months.

My Cardiologist is a German Doctor. Not sure if he likes seeing me in pain but most Germans do (Just joking).

So I can't look for any treatment for both conditions untill January.  Let's hope I don't have another heart attack. I do want to get to the next AMG!
Tested POZ in 1986, knew there was something wrong in 1985. 04/2010 CD4: 975 Viral Load undetectable. Prezista, Norvir, Truvada, Acyclovir, Plavix, Lisinopril, Metoprolol and a bedtime snack of Lipitor (YUM)

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
Re: I can't have a procedure due to Heart Attack
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2010, 09:03:25 pm »

So I can't look for any treatment for both conditions untill January.  Let's hope I don't have another heart attack. I do want to get to the next AMG!

Sorry to hear that !! I've had lipoma's removed before,( on my back) but I have never been on plavix.

If it gets to the point, where you need to have these procedures done earlier, how long would you have to discontinue the plavix, and what's the risk factor ? How soon can you restart it after these procedures?

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline lforsyth

• Standard
  • Instaurator Ruinae
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2010, 08:30:18 pm »
Weird thing is.  Today at 4:00 PM MT I had a nose bleed. I was scared that after 20 minutes the Kleenex was still filled with blood (red is my favorite color but that's beside the point). Then I used the Netty pot because salt closes wounds.  I learned that from piercings (ask, I'm not proud).

There was still blood so I put ice in a cloth and it seemed to slowly stop.  It's been an hour now that the bleeding has stopped.

GOD! I haven't had nose bleeds since my previous doctor would inject my sinuses. I said my former doctor! Once he went from private to partner practice he became a A-Hole.

Anyway, having this the day after the news about procedures that might cause bleeding was weird.  I'm in Mesa AZ and we had one hell of a monsoon storm last night.  My sinuses are affected by pressure in the air and we might have another storm tonight. But some BITCH came to work today with perfume on and my allergies were strong (she's from Chicago and judges the world that way, Chicago is the center of her universe, I wish she would go back).  When I complained to my manager before she just laughed. If it's not one thing it's another.

Guess I'll need to pay HR another visit.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 08:41:20 pm by lforsyth »
Tested POZ in 1986, knew there was something wrong in 1985. 04/2010 CD4: 975 Viral Load undetectable. Prezista, Norvir, Truvada, Acyclovir, Plavix, Lisinopril, Metoprolol and a bedtime snack of Lipitor (YUM)

Offline lforsyth

• Standard
  • Instaurator Ruinae
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2010, 08:36:42 pm »
Sorry Ray, I was just feeling sorry for myself. The Doctor told me that Plavix is usually for 12 months so I might be taken off in December.  After 6 days off the med I can have a procedure.  My biggest worry is Arthritis in my neck that causes my left side to go numb and its getting worse.  That operation means going from the front of the neck to the spine. OWEEE!!!!!

Not looking forward to anything but I've been through worse.  5 years ago I had to loose 8 lower teeth because of bone lose and have implants done.

I'm learning what I want in life and I have to agree that Youth is wasted on the Young.

Offline lforsyth

• Standard
  • Instaurator Ruinae
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2010, 05:24:32 pm »
Nose bleed started Wednesday night and has continued off and on through this morning. Saturday.  I'm getting scared.

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2010, 05:30:53 am »
Nose bleed started Wednesday night and has continued off and on through this morning. Saturday.  I'm getting scared.

I think you need to get this checked out as soon as possible.

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2010, 07:50:02 am »

Did you get yourself to the doctor, and get that nose bleeding taken care of?

Hope all is well----Ray

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline lforsyth

• Standard
  • Instaurator Ruinae
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2010, 08:59:26 pm »
By Saturday the nose bleeds stopped, finally. My Doctor told me that sinus problems with air pressure is common for HIV patience.  We're were in heavy monsoon action at the time. The best thing I had was the netty pot which really helps.

I do so look forward to the next gathering.  It really helped me to get away from this place I'm in right now.

I do want to meet other LTS. People who know my story at work say that God isn't done with me yet. Then what am I supposed to be here for?

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2010, 10:17:10 pm »
You're here for the same reason I am - to be a pain in the butt for the newbies.  ;D

I think the nettie pot helps, as well as the saline spray I use each day. I hear you about the monsoons. They have been fierce this year.

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline lforsyth

• Standard
  • Instaurator Ruinae
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2010, 09:27:04 pm »
I hope that I can just keep on going to the next gathering. I'm going through enough outside of HIV.

Offline lforsyth

• Standard
  • Instaurator Ruinae
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2010, 04:25:32 pm »
My management put into my mid-year review that I have to be available to my users. Another way of saying overtime. She told me years ago that if I didn't work enough overtime she would make mandatory without pay. Closet Lesbian.

Another person who demands my time is high up in LDS. I'm f#####d,

The Phoenix gay's have given up on me as I go to bed early and get up at 2:00 AM.  But I still support them when possible. I don't want to take anything away from others like Kirk Baxter as I'm a long term survivor as well and 11 years his senior. I'm there to support and realize that I haven't been active or part of the community.

I just hope that I've made a difference at work. Boeing, Mesa.

« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 04:27:12 pm by lforsyth »

Offline pozniceguy

• Niceguy Dallas
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2010, 08:05:25 pm »
Larry  be very aware  "any overtime"   is compensible  either in money or comp time  and has to comply with federal rules    your manager is blowing smoke  of some kind

your HR dept has the book on what a normal work week consists of even for Salaried employees   any thing over that voluntary or mandatory is compensible
remember the good times...honor the past but don't live there
Le stelle la notte sono grandie luminose, nel cuore profondo del Texas

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2010, 01:56:24 am »
I have terrible sinus issues, but my phobia of drowning prevents me from trying a nettie pot. Let me know if that works. Also, I am thinking good thoughts for you at this difficult time. You are braver and stronger than you know.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline weasel

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2010, 09:10:13 pm »

Larry , I hope all goes well , You are too nice to be sick  :)

My Bob has had  a few  operations  , Bob has  a  MAJOR  HEART   issue !

He has  stopped his meds to have  assorted opps. 

I am sure  you will be fine .

Praying for you to be all  fixed  up  for the next   gathering   :-*

Carl

P.S.   I never knew   nose bleeds were an  HIV related issue  ???
" Live and let Live "

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.