Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 30, 2023, 03:29:11 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 36914
  • Latest: MsTonie
Stats
  • Total Posts: 767700
  • Total Topics: 65589
  • Online Today: 218
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 102
Total: 104

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Forums Gatherings / Re: Monthly virtual gathering - 2023
« Last post by Jim Allen on Today at 03:13:12 pm »
If anyone who has not already signed up wants to join, just let me know here or through PM, and ill add you for the upcoming meet.
I Just Tested Poz / Re: Tested Positive 2 Days Ago
« Last post by philemon23 on Today at 03:03:51 pm »
Those blood samples were taken before I had taken my first dose . So at the time I was untreated, they fortunately were able to give me a 7 day sample so I began treatment immediately.
« Last post by Grasshopper on Today at 02:59:42 pm »

CD4 was 691, VL was 12,000. So no suppressed immune system and (according to the nurse) a very low viral load for someone not receiving treatment.

Hi, I'm a bit confused reading your posts.

Here you say that you are not receiving treatment, while in your first post on jan 28th you wrote :
"I'm on medication already, and based on everything I've read I'm not terribly worried about my physical health. I haven't been getting sick and since I test regularly I'm confident it was found very early. For that I am grateful."

Goodluck, hope you regain your old self soon.
« Last post by Jim Allen on Today at 02:51:49 pm »
(according to the nurse) a very low viral load for someone not receiving treatment.

:-X

I got my VL and CD4 results and they are... encouraging I think?

CD4 was 691, VL was 12,000. So no suppressed immune system and (according to the nurse) a very low viral load for someone not receiving treatment.

I also feel like I've come to terms with it a bit better. I spoke to a friend yesterday who has been poz since the early 90's, hearing their story helped put things into perspective. There were so many people who never had the chance to live a long healthy life like I likely will. I think the best thing to do to honor their memory is to live the best life I can and try to help others where I am able. At least that's where I am at present. Likely I'll be bawling again this evening but hey its a process.

Glad to hear you got the results back and have been able to talk to someone to gain some perspective. Now you started treatment the viral load will soon be suppressed and then HIV can't do unchallenged measured and unmeasured damage to you.  :)

Likely I'll be bawling again this evening but hey its a process.

Yup, ups and downs are pretty standard at first and you are not alone and were here if you need us.
I Just Tested Poz / Re: Intro Violetta - tested Positive 1 Day Ago
« Last post by Jim Allen on Today at 02:45:37 pm »
my crAg is negative not sure what that means though, but am glad that something is negative.

Its a test for cryptococcosis

I saw the doctor today. He asked the lab to conduct couple of tests on me. And according to the tests, he told me I am very healthy and my cd4 is above 200. He didnít give me the exact number

This is a result of blood tests taken last Friday or Saturday?   

Keep us posted when you get more specific results.

He gave me my medication and will be starting the first dose of my treatment tomorrow morning.

Thats good, what type of medication have you been given?
I Just Tested Poz / Re: Intro Violetta - tested Positive 1 Day Ago
« Last post by Violetta on Today at 02:20:21 pm »
Update:
I saw the doctor today. He asked the lab to conduct couple of tests on me. And according to the tests, he told me I am very healthy and my cd4 is above 200. He didnít give me the exact number and that my crAg is negative not sure what that means though, but am glad that something is negative.
He gave me my medication and will be starting the first dose of my treatment tomorrow morning.
« Last post by philemon23 on Today at 01:39:30 pm »
I got my VL and CD4 results and they are... encouraging I think?

I also feel like I've come to terms with it a bit better. I spoke to a friend yesterday who has been poz since the early 90's, hearing their story helped put things into perspective. There were so many people who never had the chance to live a long healthy life like I likely will. I think the best thing to do to honor their memory is to live the best life I can and try to help others where I am able. At least that's where I am at present. Likely I'll be bawling again this evening but hey its a process.
Well, could advocate that medicare considers using generic equivalents that are now on the market.

https://www.poz.com/article/cheaper-generic-prep-now-available
Gilead must giddy at the prospect of dragging out profits on Truvada long past it's shelf life.

Can medicare negotiate drug prices yet?
Do I Have HIV? / Re: Rapid Tests
« Last post by Jim Allen on Today at 10:30:07 am »
I already answered. Now, to be clear, if you needed further HIV testing over the concerned encounter for whatever reason, I would not be telling you to move on with your life.

You didn't aquire HIV from the concerned encounter, and you didn't need to test 11x.
Relax, and move on with your life.

Hiya,

Ill presume you just had condomless intercourse, but that doesn't explain the excessive HIV screening history; in short, you didn't acquire HIV from the concerned encounter and did not need 11x HIV screening.

Relax, move on with your life, use condoms for any intercourse and as you are sexually active, go to a GUM clinic in the UK for an STI screening yearly.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2023 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.