Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:09:44 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773288
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 608
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 554
Total: 555

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Start at my new highschool tomorrow!  (Read 4647 times)

Offline Mouse

• Om nom nom.
Start at my new highschool tomorrow!
« on: October 03, 2006, 11:25:09 pm »
Nervous. As. Fuck.

I'm all prepared and everything but I'm still terrified. =/

Schedule:

Study Hall - ABCDEF - Q1 - First Block.
CP American Government - ABCDEF - Q2 - First Block.
Algebra I/II OL - ABCDEF - S2 - First Block.
Phys. Ed. - A, C, E - S1 - Second Block.
Study Hall - A, C, E- S2 - Second Block.
Art III - B, C, E - YR - Second Block.
Geometry CP - ABCDEF - S1 - Third Block.
Chemistry CP - ABCDEF - S2 - Third Block.
World Honors - ABCDEF - S1 - Fourth Block.
English Language and Composition AP - ABCDEF - S2 - Fourth Block.

Lunch will be sometime Third Block. O___o;.

Soyeah.

I'm scared about a lot of things. Horrified. But I don't feel like getting into them right now 'cause I'm sleepy. I'll update when I get home from school tomorrow.

Offline Longislander

Re: Start at my new highschool tomorrow!
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2006, 11:38:46 pm »
Good Luck tomorrow Jaser, don't think you'll need it though. Get a good nights sleep.
infected 10/05 diagnosed 12-05
2/06   379/57000                    6/07 372/30500 25%   4/09 640/U/32% 
5/06   ?? /37000                     8/07 491/55000/24%    9/09 913/U/39%
8/06   349/9500 25%              11/07 515/68000/24     2/10 845/U/38%
9/06   507/16,000 30% !          2/08  516/116k/22%    7/10 906/80/39%
12/06 398/29000 26%             Start Atripla 3/08
3/07   402/80,000 29%            4/08  485/undet!/27
4/07   507/35,000 25%            7/08 625/UD/34%
                                                 11/08 684/U/36%

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2006, 11:45:46 pm »
Congratulations! Have a fearless, fabulous, first day.

Offline Eldon

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2006, 12:03:33 am »
Hello Jaser,

Sounds like you have one heck of a schedule ahead of you but you will do just fine. Just remember to keep the focus and DO your BEST and that will take care of all of the rest!

Make the BEST of each Day!

Offline cph9680

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2006, 01:03:45 am »
Good luck to ya!

Offline fearless

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2006, 02:58:44 am »
Have a great day Jaser,
They'll love ya.

From my memory of my school days, that seems like a lot of classes to squeeze into one day. How long is the school day in the US, and how long is each class?

Be forgiving, be grateful, be optimistic

Offline ndrew

• ....-.-.-.-.-.....
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2006, 03:40:51 am »
Good for you!  Walk in your fear and find strength!!

Science and Art?  Are you going to be a Bio Artist?

Drew

Offline siongi

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2006, 03:46:37 am »
Ndrew...........Bio artist........LOL

Offline Nadine

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2006, 05:55:48 am »
Have a good first day, Jaser!

I'm glad to see that'll you'll squeeze a lunch into this schedule.

I know you'll make us proud.

((BIG HUGS))

Offline Jeffreyj

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2006, 05:58:36 am »
Best of luck at your new school. BE BRAVE!
Positive since 1985

Offline Razorbill

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2006, 06:16:51 am »
Hey Guy,
   Nice lookin schedule, best of luck.  I felt like I started a new school this year too.  They did a major addition to our old rundown high school and it looks fabulous.  It was so exciting to walk into a new environment after working the old one for 14 years!  I was excited, I'm sure you are as well.  Just a question - no foreign language?  Also, you do or don't get lunch everyday - everybody needs a break to relax and recharge - hope you have one.
Razorbill

Offline Mouse

• Om nom nom.
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2006, 03:33:48 pm »
I only have four classes a day. The block, semester and quarter tells you what time of the year I'll have them. :P

Right now I have Study Hall, Art or Gym, Geometry and World History.

The actual classes were fantastic. I love the structure. I love block scheduleing. My teachers seem wonderful (especially my art teacher, who I think I may be in love with - xP She's female. Butyeah. She's awesome.) Everything went well until I switched classes the second time and someone screamed FAGGOT at me. I didn't see who it was, but when I turned around there was like three guys and a girl laughing like they were *really* funny or something.

And then like four people shouted at me, "ARE YOU A GUY OR A GIRL?"

But my two friends (one straight, one trans) found me at the end of the day at my locker. (Was very relieved. -.-;;.) They walked me outside and snuggled me and patted my head and I felt much better. My female friend is straight, but she's like incredibly supportive of gay/bi/trans kids. She knows like all of the ones in my new highschool. xD. Her best friend is MY very close friend Seth - who is FtM trans. But she totally comforted me and everything. It was awesome. I met one other gay kid today, at lunch, who was um. Nice (coughtotallyfuckingbrainlesscough). She introduced us. So yeah.

Other than that, well, nothing. I walked home, threw a veggie lasagna in the oven that'll be done in like 20 minutes and I'm about to run into a shower cause I'm gross and sweaty from walking with a sweatshirt on in hot weather home. O.o;;. I didn't want to take my hoodie off because. I tend to hide in my hoodie when I am nervous. -.-;;. Fweeeeee.

Offline Razorbill

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2006, 05:24:28 pm »
Mouse,
   Well as a teacher I have to say you're one tough kid.  I am not impressed by the climate in your school.  I'm glad you found nice, supportive people to hang with.  Hang in there and let us know when you're doin' well or badly.  Also; if you need homework help!
Razorbill

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.