HIV Prevention and Testing > Do I Have HIV?

Wondering about discharge, and an encounter months ago.

(1/1)

Curiousone:
Hello, I have been reading these forum posts but never really found one for a specific kind of encounter. I had received a handjob with the transfer of saliva from the individuals mouth via their fingers, ie they spit onto their fingertips and then touched the urethral opening of my penis. Is it possible to contract HIV this way if some blood may have been present? I tested 84 days after the encounter with an insti-test at the local out of the closet and it was negative. Should I be concerned? I did have a what could have been a rash on my lower abdomen about 7 weeks after the incident, no other symptoms.

Thanks in advance, this is probably a dumb question but I don’t know the answers.

Jim Allen:
Hiya,

It's not an HIV risk, relax and move on with your life.

Here's what you need to know to avoid HIV infection:
Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse correctly and consistently, with no exceptions. Consider talking to your healthcare provider about PrEP as an additional layer of protection against HIV

Keep in mind that some sexual practices described as safe in terms of acquiring HIV still pose a risk for other easier acquired STIs.So please do get tested at least yearly for STIs, including but not limited to HIV, and more frequently if condomless intercourse occurs.

Also, note that it is possible to have an STI and show no signs or symptoms, and the only way of knowing is by testing.

Kind regards

Jim

Please Note.
As a member of the "Do I have HIV" Forum, you are required to only post in this one thread no matter how long between visits or the subject matter. You can find this thread by going to your profile and selecting show own post, and it will take you here. It helps us to help you when you keep all your thoughts or questions in one thread, and it helps other readers to follow the discussion. Any additional threads will removed

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version