HIV Prevention and Testing > Do I Have HIV?

Hiv blood in ketchup packet

(1/1)

Jam83:
I had lunch with a woman at kfc 11 weeks ago. I went to the restroom and came back and then ate my food including ketchup from the sealed ketchup packets that were there. After talking to the woman I came to the conclusion that she is the type of person that would probably willingly infect others with hiv by devious means if she herself has hiv.

I'm now at 11 weeks since that date and I am dreading that she may have infected me with hiv.

Can drinking hiv Infected blood from a sealed packet infect someone?

Jim Allen:
It's not an HIV risk, move on with your life.

Here's what you need to know to reduce your HIV risks:
Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse correctly and consistently, with no exceptions. Consider talking to your healthcare provider about PrEP as an additional layer of protection against HIV

Keep in mind that some sexual practices described as safe in terms of acquiring HIV still pose a risk for other easier-acquired STIs. So please do get tested at least yearly for STIs, including but not limited to HIV, and more frequently if condomless intercourse occurs.

Also, note that it is possible to have an STI and show no signs or symptoms; testing is the only way to know.

Kind regards

Jim

Please Note.
As a member of the "Do I have HIV" Forum, you are required to only post in this one thread no matter how long between visits or the subject matter. You can find this thread by going to your profile and selecting show own post, which will take you here. It helps us to help you when you keep all your thoughts or questions in one thread, and it helps other readers to follow the discussion. Any additional threads will be removed

Jam83:
Thanks for your fast reply Jim. Appreciate the work you do here.

Jim Allen:
You're welcome.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version