Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Questions About Treatment & Side Effects

Biktavry Resistance

<< < (2/5) > >>

divao:
actually I'm fine. I haven't been sick for the last 1 year. My weight and energy are good. My CD4 result is always 1000+ but I've never been negative. My doctor wants a new test and I will give blood again. I love biktavry it's easy to use :(

Jim Allen:
wow, 1000+...

Be careful 80% of us here will want to steal them from you  if we could ;)

Anyhow, sounds like your doctor is doing the right thing by reordering the blood work, as sometimes it can be a false result or simply defective HIV copies being counted.

However, long story short, should your next results show a higher VL again, plenty of HIV treatment combinations are possible. Now I admit I don't know what treatments are available where you live, but if you do need to change treatment, then in the best-case scenario, you switch to another once-a-day pill option or prehaps, worst-case scenario 2-3 pills a day.

It's not the end of the world, so try not to stress about it.  ;)

--- Quote ---actually I'm fine. I haven't been sick for the last 1 year. My weight and energy are good.
--- End quote ---

Happy days and I mean it as feeling okay is great and its really important :)

divao:
I haven't seen any side effects from biktavry and this made me happy. Actually, I have to say that before the test, there was often alcohol, drugs and nightlife for 1-2 weeks, maybe these affected the last test. Also, HIV treatment opportunities are good in my country, all treatments and drugs are free.and yes despite everything cd4 1000+ i guess i'm lucky in that  :D

Jim Allen:

--- Quote from: divao on September 12, 2022, 05:12:13 pm --- Also, HIV treatment opportunities are good in my country, all treatments and drugs are free.and yes despite everything cd4 1000+ i guess i'm lucky in that  :D

--- End quote ---

So same here in Ireland, its free or at least no cost to the person needing treatment.

--- Quote ---I haven't seen any side effects from biktavry and this made me happy. Actually, I have to say that before the test, there was often alcohol, drugs and nightlife for 1-2 weeks, maybe these affected the last test.
--- End quote ---

Well, wait and see what the next results are.

I do fully understand that you might be nervous about the idea of switching medication if the current treatment is easy for you but the next treatment combination might be just as easy and at some stage, we all have or will switch treatments.

Keep us posted but whatever the outcome I suspect you will be okay.

--- Quote ---alcohol, drugs and nightlife for 1-2 weeks
--- End quote ---

All that but no Rock & Roll?

Look, bit of fun is good but don't overdo it.

Jim Allen:
Anyhow, I am putting the kids to bed, so I suspect I will not be replying to you again today, but I wish you well and keep us posted.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version