Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Forum

Dizziness after poppers.

(1/1)

RobbyR:
Last night during sex with my bf, I did poppers as per usual, sometimes I tend to maybe go a little bit overboard with them. But last night afterwards, I got really dizzy after & the room spun and I started feeling slightly nauseous. I have always had vertigo bouts, but as this was right after sex and doing poppers, I guess I assumed it was the poppers. Is this a side effect of them? Should I lay off them for awhile, or just barely do them next time? Are they dangerous?

delilah07:
There was one time I had vertigo so bad that I went to the hospital. It was right after sex with my husband. Iím not sure what poppers are.

leatherman:

--- Quote from: RobbyR on August 22, 2022, 12:40:50 pm --- just barely do them next time?

--- End quote ---
you did too much. Poppers cause vasodilation, a drop in blood pressure (with dizziness, lightheadedness, fainting), tachycardia (racing heart) which can lead to the symptoms you had. (been there, done that myself. numerous times  8) ) You've got to pace yourself with shorter and/or fewer inhalations.

--- Quote from: delilah07 on August 22, 2022, 11:33:26 pm ---Iím not sure what poppers are.

--- End quote ---
an inhalant when breathed in causes a "rush", most often used during sex for the extra high. While about 3% of the general population has used poppers (amyl nitrite), a steady 35% of gay men have used them.
https://www.verywellmind.com/what-are-poppers-22094

--- Quote from: RobbyR on August 22, 2022, 12:40:50 pm ---Are they dangerous?

--- End quote ---
yes they can be, just like any other stimulant drug can be.

--- Quote ---These chemicals can be caustic and damage the skin or other tissues they come in contact with, cause difficulty breathing, extreme drops in blood pressure, decreases in blood oxygen levels, seizures, heart arrhythmia, coma, and death
--- End quote ---
https://www.fda.gov/consumers/consumer-updates/nitrite-poppers

popper burns suck. If you're using them a lot in one situation, definitely try not to splash this stuff on your lips or nose. TBH all I can find out about death or coma was a 1992 report of 2 deaths. One came from drinking amyl nitrite. (good god! can you imagine? drinking poppers?!?)

also be aware that poppers are flammable. In the 80s, when smoking indoors was still legal, a friend and I were on the dance floor sharing a bottle of poppers. I had warned him against taking the bottle while he still had a lit cigarette in his other hand. Drunk and dancing, he splashed half the bottle out on his hand and the fluid immediately burst into alcohol-type blue flames. Slinging his hand only flung droplets of fire around the dance floor causing a lot of screaming and people running. The flames quickly burned out, thankfully, and my friend was left with one small burn blister and owing me a new bottle.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version