Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 11:35:24 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37635
  • Latest: Ranoye
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773156
  • Total Topics: 66328
  • Online Today: 248
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 141
Total: 143

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Adding a profile pic  (Read 4695 times)

Offline wolfter

Adding a profile pic
« on: September 19, 2010, 12:26:55 pm »
I could blame this on my illness, but I thinking it's just middle age kicking my butt.  I can't add a profile pic to my account.  Thanks for any help!
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
Re: Adding a profile pic
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2010, 12:37:02 pm »
you need to first upload your video to a hosting site (http://photobucket.com for example). Because of multiple hacker attacks, photos cannot be directly uploaded to forums.poz.com, so any avatar or picture you would like to include in a post needs to be stored at a hosting site and then a link to the photo used to access it.

After uploading your picture, grab/copy the url/code for the "direct link"

Then back here, click on "USER" (in the far left column when your name is, and avatar will be)

in the middle column, under "Modify Profile" click "Forum Profile Information "

in the large right column, click the radio button for "I have my own pic:" and paste the url to your pix in the text box
then click the "Change Profile" button at the bottom of that section.

hope that helps. let us know if you have any questions
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2010, 12:39:14 pm »
Hi Wolfter. I'm not really supposed to be posting in the LTS forum, but I'm a moderator so I'm gonna anyway. ;D

There's a thread about how to add an avatar here in the Off Topic forum. If you have any further questions about how to do it, please use that thread.

And welcome to the forums, btw. :)
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline wolfter

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 07:49:12 pm »
Thanks All!  Finally figured it out.  Just not a good pic, but too tired to change it.

Have a great day !
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2010, 08:05:04 pm »
WooHoo!
it's a fine pix ;)
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2010, 10:58:47 pm »
Thanks All!  Finally figured it out.  Just not a good pic, but too tired to change it.

Have a great day !

At least you managed yours. I am still.... well, not trying, but tried three times and gave up :)

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2010, 12:00:26 am »
I am still.... well, not trying, but tried three times and gave up :)
when I right click over your avatar picture and choose properties, this is the URL that I get
Code: [Select]
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction-viewImage&friendID=24456542&albumID=284036&imageID=36072627but when I paste that into my browser, it times out without retrieving a picture. I would suggest going to where that picture is visible in your browser, right click over it, choose properties and check the URL. Is what you are using (in that code box I just posted) the same?

I had a similar problem (timing out before retrieving my picture) when I had my avatar (and the graph in my sig line) stored on my own domain. So I set up a photobucket.com account and stored the pictures there and used the URLs to those pictures and they show up every time. that's all I use that account for - pictures and avatars that I post here. You might want to do the same.

Quite possibly myspace is blocking other sites from accessing pictures - especially since retreiving the picture entails accessing it through their data base (the fuseaction-viewimage part). that means that their computer has to process that link before displaying the picture which sucks up their memory and bandwidth. (there's a phrase for this but the brain fog has obscured it. I'll probably remember it just before I fall asleep tonight. LOL) More than likely since the picture in on myspace, you'll have to put another copy of the picture in a storage site like photobucket to get access to it.

If I can help you anymore, PM me or post here, and I'll be happy to try to help you figure out some solution.
leatherman (aka Michael)

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.