Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:20:48 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 424
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 352
Total: 352

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Playing around and ended up in the hospital.  (Read 31564 times)

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: Playing around and ended up in the hospital.
« Reply #50 on: October 11, 2012, 02:04:39 pm »
...or waxing lyrical?
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #51 on: October 11, 2012, 02:07:34 pm »
I'm thinking since he's loaded up on pills that it's a perfect time for back waxing, or mebbe a full brazilian.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #52 on: October 11, 2012, 02:10:39 pm »
I'm quite sure you've had a full Brazilian a time or two yourself. :)

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #53 on: October 11, 2012, 02:30:37 pm »
Well, you'd be wrong. However I did just trim my balls with electric clippers and hour ago, as well as my ass crack.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #54 on: October 11, 2012, 02:32:49 pm »
I wasn't talking about body hair. ::)

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline wolfter

« Reply #55 on: October 12, 2012, 06:41:21 am »
A Brazilian wax?  No way, OUCH.  I’ve been having my back waxed for ages.  I used to have my chest done also until I developed man boobs.  Now I just manscape that area.

I managed to visit Wallyworld with Mrs. Karen yesterday.  Lordy, I hate that store but at least they have motorized scooters.  So, as I was looking at dreaded sweat pants, I discovered a new trend with labeling that I do not like.  Smalls are now labeled Sm/Petite.  Really?  What man is going to wear something labeled petite?  I asked the toothless clerk if they were perhaps in the wrong department, which they weren’t.

So I checked out the few things in my size and didn’t like anything.  If I was 50 lbs heavier I’d have had options galore.  Same thing when I buy jeans, if you wear a size 30” or larger, you have numerous options.  Under that size, you can pick from 2 pair.  If you’re a size 48”, wow!!!! You have a HUGE selection.

Ended up not finding anything and headed to the boy’s department.  I found some there and I don’t even wear the largest size in boys.  I guess we do have a weight issue in this country.
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #56 on: October 12, 2012, 10:48:41 am »
I sometime have to buy xx large when I shop for T shirts , some of you guys that have met me know I'm not over weight . I think they are doing it to charge an extra couple of $$ for plus sizes . I wanted some cheap shirts from old navy and the young women who worked there told me it was going to be hard to find things in my size for what I was looking for LOL .       
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline wolfter

« Reply #57 on: October 12, 2012, 11:21:06 am »
I sometime have to buy xx large when I shop for T shirts , some of you guys that have met me know I'm not over weight . I think they are doing it to charge an extra couple of $$ for plus sizes . I wanted some cheap shirts from old navy and the young women who worked there told me it was going to be hard to find things in my size for what I was looking for LOL .     

You're neither overweight or a plus size.  Hard to find in your size?  How ridiculous since you have the ideal build.

Offline wolfter

« Reply #58 on: October 12, 2012, 11:26:14 am »
Time to update with pics of my new yellow cast and and footie I made to keep my toes warm and covered. 

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #59 on: October 12, 2012, 11:27:37 am »
You're neither overweight or a plus size.  Hard to find in your size?  How ridiculous since you have the ideal build.

Thank sweetie ... Old Navy is for young waifs it seems ... I have noticed what used to be a large size is now x large or even xx large , so something is up with retailers if you ask me .

Nice bootie ... my feet sweat like crazy if I wear something fuzzy like that but I guess that's whats you need to wear . Be careful and make sure it not a slippery shoe .
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 11:34:46 am by jg1962 »
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #60 on: October 12, 2012, 12:19:39 pm »
I bet wolfie looks like a "petite" bumblebee. :P

Offline wolfter

« Reply #61 on: October 13, 2012, 11:11:46 pm »
I bet wolfie looks like a "petite" bumblebee. :P

I still have a big stinger though.   ;D

Offline wolfter

« Reply #62 on: October 13, 2012, 11:15:05 pm »
Thank sweetie ... Old Navy is for young waifs it seems ... I have noticed what used to be a large size is now x large or even xx large , so something is up with retailers if you ask me .

Nice bootie ... my feet sweat like crazy if I wear something fuzzy like that but I guess that's whats you need to wear . Be careful and make sure it not a slippery shoe .

I wouldn't know if it's slippery, I won't be able to put any weight/pressure on it for a while yet.  I needed something to cover those ugly little piggies stick out the end of the cast.  Wonder if I can get a pedi with the cast on?

Offline wolfter

« Reply #63 on: October 19, 2012, 01:12:41 am »
Just a few more days now til I get my final cast.  My leg will probably be a toothpick and it's almost falling out of my current cast.  I go in Monday for his final inspection and if it's healed that way we're hoping it did, then I won't need anymore surgery and will only be casted for another month.

I certainly hope that's true, driving myself nuts laying around doing nothing for all these weeks already.  I guess that's from all the other periods during the last 20 years where I was laid up with illnesses.

Pink is one of the other color options and I'm pretty sure that's what I'm going with.

Offline phildinftlaudy

• sweet Ann what you think babe...
« Reply #64 on: October 19, 2012, 05:42:13 pm »
Nice bootie ...

The cast looks pretty neat too  ;)
September 13, 2008 - diagnosed +
Labs:
Date    CD4    %   VL     Date  CD4  %   VL
10/08  636    35  510   9/09 473  38 2900  12/4/09 Atripla
12/09  540    30    60   
12/10  740    41  <48   
8/11    667    36  <20  
03/12  1,041  42  <20
05/12  1,241  47  <20
08/12   780    37  <20
11/12   549    35  <20
02/12  1,102  42  <20
11/12   549    35  <20

Offline mitch777

« Reply #65 on: October 19, 2012, 08:50:21 pm »
Pink is one of the other color options and I'm pretty sure that's what I'm going with.
pretty in pink. great choice!
33 years hiv+ with a curtsy.

Offline mitch777

« Reply #66 on: October 19, 2012, 08:59:48 pm »

pretty in pink. great choice! ;D

Offline wolfter

« Reply #67 on: October 21, 2012, 10:48:01 pm »
So anxious for tomorrow.  Hopefully the news will all be good and I won't need additional surgery.  Can't imagine be laid up for 6 - 8 more weeks.  I have behaved myself for an entire month and obeyed his orders by staying off of it.

If everything is healing well, then I'll just get my new cast and hopefully be done with all this in just a few weeks.

Send positive energy my way everyone!

Either way, I'm going out with my brother tomorrow evening.  All lay and no play makes wolfie a dull boy and quite cranky.  It'd be terrible to get buzzed and mess up my other leg. :o

Offline mitch777

« Reply #68 on: October 22, 2012, 07:40:39 am »
Good wishes to you today Wolfie!

Offline wolfter

« Reply #69 on: October 23, 2012, 05:14:40 pm »
Good news and bad news to report.  First the good; the surgeon doesn't think I'll need additional surgery and he'll do more xrays in 2 weeks and if it continues healing the way it is, it'll just be 5 or 6 weeks before I can start putting weight on it.

Now the bad news, I guess I had the residual side affects of the little white pills in my system cause I felt drunk as hell after 2 drinks.  Probably because my brother won't let me drink wine when we are in the hole in the wall bars. :o  OH, and he had to help me to my bed where I promptly slept in my evening attire. 8)

I'll post pictures of my beautiful red cast at a later time.

Offline britchick

« Reply #70 on: October 24, 2012, 02:32:45 pm »
Glad you enjoyed your night out!!!!!!!!!

Britchickx

Offline wolfter

« Reply #71 on: November 03, 2012, 10:10:21 pm »
Sorry if any of you all already read this but I have good news.  I get my cast off Friday.  The surgeon doesn't know it yet.  I watched how easy the nurse cut the last three off and I almost used my drimmel. 

He's just protecting himself as I think I need to start working this foot.  I'd put more weight on it but it's so freaking slippery. 

IF I JUST HAD A BOOT.....lol

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #72 on: November 03, 2012, 11:13:27 pm »
I'm guessing the doc was scheduled to remove the cast on Friday and not put another on you ?

If not then I veto your decision and demand you see the doctor before you go through with this ill thought out plan  ;) .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline bocker3

• You gotta enjoy life......
« Reply #73 on: November 03, 2012, 11:22:43 pm »
I'm with Jeff -- listen to your doc and don't take things into your own hands (well -- not your leg/foot anyway.....). 
If you listen to your doc -- you'll be walking all over Chicago with us next summer -- if not -- well, I don't want to see a sign up sheet for pushing your wheelchair around!! 
Be a good patient now......   :P

Mike

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #74 on: November 03, 2012, 11:56:35 pm »
I wasn't sure I read that correctly or what, but if you're actually saying that you're going to remove your cast on your own without your doctor's knowledge then 1) that's not wise and 2) I'm sure you actually realize that and won't do it

Offline wolfter

« Reply #75 on: November 04, 2012, 09:41:49 am »
I had a few glasses of wine while limping around trying to do chores and am just getting so freaking tired of this all.   :o

I've never heard of anyone being required to wear a cast this long and I'm beginning to worry that I'll end up with permanent damage from not getting onto therapy.

But now that I've gotten a long needed buzz, perhaps I can hold on a little longer.  I'm gonna plead with him to not put another one one.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #76 on: November 04, 2012, 11:29:51 am »
I had a few glasses of wine while limping around trying to do chores and am just getting so freaking tired of this all.   :o

I've never heard of anyone being required to wear a cast this long and I'm beginning to worry that I'll end up with permanent damage from not getting onto therapy.

But now that I've gotten a long needed buzz, perhaps I can hold on a little longer.  I'm gonna plead with him to not put another one one.

My cast was only for three weeks and it was definitely annoying, so I can empathize. But even once that came off other issues like a secondary infection and still healing the bone fracture from surgery made for an eight week period before I could start physical therapy. Then it was probably another month before I began seeing concrete gains from physical therapy. It's simply a long process. It can be dispiriting, for sure, but I guess you just have to accept that and keep in mind at some point you'll begin seeing light at the end of the tunnel.

That said, I still have pain issues five months after surgery as there's just a lot of scar tissue to heal and that can take a year or more. But it does suck so feel free to rant.

Offline wolfter

« Reply #77 on: November 04, 2012, 11:36:03 am »
Thanks MP.  I think the worst part is the loss of income.  Instead of adding to my vacation fund, I'm slowly pulling funds from my house fund. :(  Although, if I didn't have computer access and a credit card, I'd save a lot of money.  Might have to rethink my shopping expenditures.  Except one item I found that surprisingly, can only be bought in the store.

My cousin is taking me to Lancaster to go shopping.   :D  I NEED that vest. 

Modified for spellcheck, I know how some of the grammar police are....:)

Offline wolfter

« Reply #78 on: November 06, 2012, 10:48:34 am »
The doctors' and hospital bills are starting to pour in. :(  Guess I'll be in the poor house for a while.  There is one charge that I'm gonna question the surgeon about when I see him Friday.  There is a line item that reads; "Initial Hospital Care Level II" on the day I was admitted. 

That amount is for $373.00 and is billed directly from the surgeon.  The problem is, I didn't see him the first time until the following day. 

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #79 on: November 06, 2012, 10:54:13 am »
The doctors' and hospital bills are starting to pour in. :(  Guess I'll be in the poor house for a while.  There is one charge that I'm gonna question the surgeon about when I see him Friday.  There is a line item that reads; "Initial Hospital Care Level II" on the day I was admitted. 

That amount is for $373.00 and is billed directly from the surgeon.  The problem is, I didn't see him the first time until the following day.

I'm getting bills from my sinus surgery that make little sense . I had two separate bills for the injection to relax me before the surgery and another for the shot for pain afterward , its kind of screwy how they get away with billing bits and pieces of the procedure .   
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #80 on: November 06, 2012, 11:53:06 am »
I've never even seen the hospital bills for my numerous visits this year. 8)

Offline wolfter

« Reply #81 on: November 09, 2012, 06:08:31 pm »
I've never even seen the hospital bills for my numerous visits this year. 8)

What additional insurance do you have?  I just rec'd another one while heading to the doctor today.  I'm looking to pay quite a bit out of pocket.  Made one payment to the surgeon today and explained I'd just make $100 monthly payments til it's paid off.

Offline wolfter

« Reply #82 on: November 09, 2012, 06:11:46 pm »
I know everyone is anxious for updates and pictures.  I took a picture of my beautiful red cast before leaving and the other show my nasty foot desperately in need of a complete make-over.

I've been soaking my foot in a pail of hot water hoping I can scrub some of the nasty off.

Offline mitch777

« Reply #83 on: November 09, 2012, 06:17:35 pm »
pretty wolfie!  ;D

the first 2 pics "combined" looks a bit pornographic (while scrolling down) ;D

how does it feel?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 06:19:06 pm by mitch777 »

Offline wolfter

« Reply #84 on: November 09, 2012, 06:22:05 pm »
pretty wolfie!  ;D

the first 2 pics "combined" looks a bit pornographic (while scrolling down) ;D

how does it feel?

It was pornographic, thank goodness for cropping. ;D

Actually, wearing the boot is almost worse.  And having to take it off and work my foot is quite painful but that's what I have to do if I want back to normal (whatever in the hell that is).

Offline mitch777

« Reply #85 on: November 09, 2012, 06:25:01 pm »
no pain, no gain so they say. ;)
get well soon!

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #86 on: November 09, 2012, 06:25:15 pm »
Jebus .... all you need is some bolts on that ankle and you would have frankenfoot  .

Hope you get back on your feet soon, both of them .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #87 on: November 09, 2012, 06:31:39 pm »
My doctor would have yelled at me for soaking my foot like that after the cast came off. Did yours say that this was OK to do?

Offline wolfter

« Reply #88 on: November 09, 2012, 06:34:41 pm »
My doctor would have yelled at me for soaking my foot like that after the cast came off. Did yours say that this was OK to do?

He didn't say not to.  But I never asked.  How did you get all that funk off?

Jebus .... all you need is some bolts on that ankle and you would have frankenfoot  .

Hope you get back on your feet soon, both of them .

The nuts and bolts are all under the large incision.  Guess I'll always get stopped at security points.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #89 on: November 09, 2012, 06:47:12 pm »
He didn't say not to.  But I never asked.  How did you get all that funk off?

My podiatrist, in the most strict manner, instructed me to only let water run over it in the shower. Not to soak it, and not to scrub it. Doing so encourages a secondary infection. You need to just accept the funk until it's really healed.

Offline wolfter

« Reply #90 on: November 09, 2012, 06:52:02 pm »
My podiatrist, in the most strict manner, instructed me to only let water run over it in the shower. Not to soak it, and not to scrub it. Doing so encourages a secondary infection. You need to just accept the funk until it's really healed.

Thanks.  I really don't want to cause further issues because of vanity.  That's quite stupid even for me.  I managed to get most of it off already and will just let it get wet when I shower.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #91 on: November 09, 2012, 07:30:52 pm »
I'm just saying my doctor was specific, not saying it applies to you. But maybe it's worth specifically asking your doctor.

The discrepancy eems odd though don't you think?

Offline wolfter

« Reply #92 on: November 09, 2012, 10:06:05 pm »
I'm just saying my doctor was specific, not saying it applies to you. But maybe it's worth specifically asking your doctor.

The discrepancy eems odd though don't you think?

Yes, and I already had this conversation with my mother.  I was so excited that I left his office without instructions on how to proceed.  Not sure how long to wear the boot, how to work the foot, etc.  He only spent about 3 minutes with me and I am definitely calling first thing Monday morning.

Thanks again.

Offline The_Countess

• HIV Royalty
« Reply #93 on: November 10, 2012, 01:00:11 am »
that looks horible. good luck w/the healing process
The Countess.  Enjoying my HIV since 1992.  Cocktails added in 1998.

Offline wolfter

« Reply #94 on: November 14, 2012, 06:48:33 pm »
I thought I had a tragic situation Monday evening.  I was at the club for card night and as I was walking around, I felt the most horrendous pain in my ankle and was convinced I sprained it worse.  I didn't say anything and just continued on with the night expecting the worst in the morning.

Upon waking, I was delighted to have full movement of my toes and my foot was flat.  I guess my foot was contorted for so long that putting weight on it finally forced it flat. 

Still can't put full weight on it, but am convinced I will shortly.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.