Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:11:38 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 391
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 348
Total: 348

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: I'm HIV+ and fat!  (Read 6717 times)

Offline idee

• Hi...
I'm HIV+ and fat!
« on: April 19, 2012, 04:57:34 pm »
I did not know that one day I would gain so much weight. I thought our health was an automatic be thin for the rest of your life.
 Recently my family has been chatting it up about my recent weight gain and I just tell them that I'm HIV+ and I was not suppose to live this long. Since in the beginning my doctor told my parents two to five years.
 I guess I am kind of excited because this May 24 is the 18th year I have been positive and I am doing excellent. I even gave up drinking this year. I don't know how just found it dull and boring.
 My daughter brought her Fs up to A's in school and is finally after 3 years in her new school has made some good friends. In fact I get to drive them to the bookstore this weekend. I am so excited, she is my little nerd!
 Other than all that I have found my boundaries... when it comes to believing my siblings are always correct and feeling like I need to fight their battles. Now I stand back and say if you open your mouths someone is going to eventually say something, maybe slap you. But hey they'll learn one day.
 So I find life easier not taking responsiblity for people or siblings saying something stupid. But I guess that is what being in their twenties is all about.
 My weight gain is something I am comfortable with though. Even if my siblings make fun of me! I am now an awesome three bra sizes larger.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 05:03:52 pm by idee »

Offline Betty

Re: I'm HIV+ and fat!
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 08:35:14 am »
I know how that is  to feel fat. I was diagnosed poz in Jan. 1996. Have been on meds the whole time. I tipped the scales as high as 206 pounds at 5'8. I joined weight watchers at the end of 2010. I now weigh 169. This program has helped to change my life for the better. It is not a diet but a lifestyle change. I will be a member for life. Just wanted to share my experience.

Offline karry

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2012, 05:09:36 pm »
Idee,
Its a great feeling when you are comfortable with yourself and when you love yourself the way you are no matter what other people say! I am happy for you!

K
Take it a day at a time....and be positive about it too!

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2012, 08:01:19 pm »
Hi idee

After having my kids I sat at 120 for many years, I was diagnosed in 2002 and was put on meds straight away, but I didn't seem to have any problems with them regarding my weight.

I gave up smoking 4 years ago and I'm now sitting at just under 140, problem is I'm only 5ft 1in, but because of my age (64) I found it really difficult to diet, but now all I do is keep an eye on my food intake try and eat as healthly as I can, I have come to be quite comfortable with my weight now, and hubby has no problems with it, stressing out about it only makes it worse.

Going by you Avatar you certainly look good, so I wouldn't worry if I were you.. ;)

Aroha
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.