Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 02:27:31 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37639
  • Latest: Glassxj
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773168
  • Total Topics: 66331
  • Online Today: 291
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 284
Total: 285

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: For Lisa (SDgirl)  (Read 7571 times)

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
For Lisa (SDgirl)
« on: August 04, 2006, 09:30:26 am »
Lisa,

I just wanted to say that of all the posters here in Living With you are in my Top 5 Great Contributors. I love your fresh blunt style and your willingness to say what you think no matter what. I read everything you write, I may not always comment, but I always read. Your views have a great impact on me.

I deem you (as I deem Jonathan and Bucko) to be an Honorary Australian. ;)

With much love,

Matty the Damned

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
Re: For Lisa (SDgirl)
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2006, 09:33:16 am »
Matty,

Only you will understand this, but you are so cheap.

I must agree with you however, Lisa is a bright and refreshing addition to this place, and I am just plain glad that she has seen fit to grace these pages.

In Love and Support.
The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals,
and 362 to heterosexuals.
This doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals,
It's just that they need more supervision.
Lynn Lavne

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2006, 09:36:22 am »
Lisa rocks.

Jonathan
(humbled to be honorary anything)
"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline MSPspud

• Joined Mar 2005 - Formerly UofMurbs
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2006, 10:46:15 am »
I totally agree.  When it says SDgirl, it's a must read.   8)

Offline ademas

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2006, 10:58:22 am »
Is the striking resemblance just coincidence?

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2006, 02:02:30 pm »
I love Lisa!   We are both parents of "demon seed"....we have decided that Fang and Moe were separated at birth.....they are so much alike!

Hugs,

Alan & Fang, the Vampire Cat
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline Sdgirl

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2006, 06:15:57 pm »
Oh my goodness!  I just got all misty when I read this thread!

I am honored to be in the presence of all of you!

Thank you!  :-*

Lisa
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.  Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.  It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.  We ask ourselves.."Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?  Actually, who are you not to be?"

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2006, 07:36:27 pm »
Lisa is "Wonder Women"...we now have proof.. :D

I love your honesty and have always enjoyed reading your posts.

Love and hugs
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Teresa

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2006, 09:35:41 pm »
I too think Lisa is wonderful!

Hugs
Teresa
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

Offline OzPaul

• 40 year, Long Term Survivor/LTNP
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2006, 11:26:06 pm »
Hey Lisa

I totally agree !! You rock.

When you started posting I felt as though we had fresh air, a new voice and new spirit. I love how you are able to keep it real and with love and compassion. I always look forward to what you have to say.

But the way, I went to High School in Encinitas ( a long time ago).

Cheers
Paul

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2006, 11:55:05 pm »
I am partial to people with Girl in their name or a ferret on their profile. Both of the Lisas meet my expectations :)

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline Sdgirl

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2006, 12:15:00 pm »
I wouldn't mind being Wonder Woman................she has a nice rack!   ;D
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.  Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.  It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.  We ask ourselves.."Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?  Actually, who are you not to be?"

Offline zephyr

• Zephyr L.T.N.P. Foundation, Inc.
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2006, 06:23:00 pm »
Right On, Matty....

You have done such a good thing in sending Kudos to our BrunetteBeauty (coined by BlondBeauty), Lisa.

I knew from the instant I read her first thread that we had a wildcat join the group, another BODACIOUSLY OPINIONATED woman to join the ranks...she does absolutely ROCK!!

It was my distinct pleasure to share my home with Lisa (and Shane) and to enjoy a very fast visit over one weekend recently...I thought, "Good Lord, this woman wants to fly up here for 19 hours just to hang out with me?" And fly she (they) did.....what a wonderful time!

Her energy is 100x in person what she exudes on this board.......and, like Trish, isn't afraid to call a spade a spade. Refreshing is a good word for Lisa, and she is a force to be reckoned with when pissed off, that's for sure. (I'm stayin' on her good side ;D)

We are certainly fortunate that she found her way to AM, and I am proud to call her friend.

Once again, our Matty portrays that keen and astute sense we all know........love you, man.

Lisa, welcome, girlfriend, and onward into the great Cause we shall go.

With love,

Zephyr :-*

"It is character that communicates most eloquently."

Offline Eldon

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2006, 06:42:03 pm »
Hello Lisa, it is Eldon. Matty is on point. Keep doing what you have been doing!

Offline blondbeauty

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2006, 05:35:05 am »
Lisa=Brunettebeauty.
The only member in these forums approved by WINBA: World International Nail and Beauty Association.
Epstein Barr +; CMV +; Toxoplasmosis +; HIV-1 +.
Counts when starting treatment:
V.L.:80.200 copies. CD4: 25%=503
Started Sustiva-Truvada 14/August/2006
Last V.L.count (Oct 2013): Undetectable
Last CD4 count (OCT 2013): 52%= 933

Offline Jeffreyj

« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2006, 01:58:52 am »
We are all lucky to have Lisa here. Thank you Lisa for all of your posts. And thanks for caring!
Positive since 1985

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2006, 05:08:54 pm »
I heard she was kind of a club rat!  And she hangs out in gay bars!!!!  GOD FORBID!

Andrew
(Who gets mad if he doesnt get hit on at a gay bar!  What am i, not good enough for you guys?)
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.