Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:38:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773225
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 716
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 584
Total: 584

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: HIV and T levels  (Read 2477 times)

Offline gcr.mty.mx

HIV and T levels
« on: March 30, 2017, 07:54:36 pm »
Hey guys, here's an interesting one.

Has anybody who's on treatment and UD had any problems achieving/mantaining an erection? Is this fairly common amongst pozzies?

My last labs were done about three months ago and came back all normal, VL is UD and have been feeling great. I've been going out with someone and have been having some good fun. However, there's been days where I feel like my sex drive is very low or not even there.

There has been stress at work and I'm meditating and excercising to cope with that (by the way swimming is awesome excersice! highly recommend it), I don't think the stress level is anything out of the ordinary.

Should I consider consulting this with my doc on my next visit? Should I have my T levels checked? I'm 33

Looking forward to reading your comments, always helpful.

G
01/16 diagnosed
03/16 cd4 750 VL 150,000
03/16 truvada+ritonavir(norvir)+reyataz
06/16 cd4 -- VL UD!
09/16 truvada+ritonavir(norvir)+duranavir(prezista)
03/17 cd4 -- VL UD

Offline gcr.mty.mx

Re: HIV and T levels
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2017, 08:22:35 pm »
I'm thinking I should have wrote that a 'friend of a friend' is having this issue!  ;D ;D ;D
01/16 diagnosed
03/16 cd4 750 VL 150,000
06/16 cd4 -- VL UD!
03/17 cd4 -- VL UD

Offline Almost2late

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2017, 08:54:24 pm »
Back when I was first dxed with very, very low cd4's and pnuemonia, I was also told my testosterone was also very low and I couldn't get it hard but honestly I really wasn't trying.. had my mind on other  more pressing health issues.
My doctor prescribed a testosterone medicine but I never did fill it. Instead my appetite returned and I ate like a pig, began weight training primarily my legs and my testosterone skyrocketed to normal levels. Haven't had any problems since maintaining an erection.

I'd definitely speak to a doctor about your situation but I'd also challenge my workout routine and eat a high protein to see if that makes a difference.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 08:59:22 pm by Almost2late »

Offline Tonny2

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2017, 09:23:12 pm »

ojo        Hello g, funny guy, hahahh....I was 32 years old when I got my dx, although I was very sick, I started treatment, and I did have low levels of testosterone. I think you should ask your doctor to get it check...A have a friend who did have the same problem, he was barebackin tho, I told him that maybe his mind was playing tricks on him for the barebacking thing, he started using condoms, and that was the solution, I guess his concience was telling him Not good, not good...wishing you the best...I hope you find the solution, you are still a young man...enjoy yor partner...hugs

Offline gcr.mty.mx

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2017, 12:43:19 am »
Thanks guys,

I'm not gonna stress over this, just kinda take notice of my diet and habits so that I can tell my doctor when my next appointment comes up. Perhaps consult a nutritionist?

I have been healthy so don't think my CD4 is down. I do feel like I take better care of my body now and are very relaxed about the whole HIV deal so I think I'm even healthier than before diagnosis.

As for the "fun" I've been having, it's all been good clean and safe fun. And even though it's not stopped me from enjoying the moment I Just kinda want to be a little more 'able'  ;)

Stay strong
G
01/16 diagnosed
03/16 cd4 750 VL 150,000
06/16 cd4 -- VL UD!
03/17 cd4 -- VL UD

Offline harleymc

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2017, 11:10:45 am »
I think this topic has been 'framed' weirdly.
The title is about testosterone but the discussion is about erection difficulties.

The two subjects have almost no correlation. Most ED is caused by other reasons.

It's worth getting your doctor to do afull check up ED can be an indicator of coronary disease,  or diabetes. It could  be related to depression, anxiety or medications for depression or anxiety.
Cycling is supposed to be a risk factor, as is smoking.

Best to let your doctor get to the bottom of it all.

Offline gcr.mty.mx

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2017, 06:27:37 pm »
Thank you @harleymc
I will consider your point of view as well.
I have been taking real good care of myself both physically and mentally, not taking any meds other than ARV and my therapist discharged me after a year of me voluntarily working out my issues.  But hey you never now!
I will bring it up at my next appointment, just in case there's anything else to look for that doesn't come up on previous bloodwork.

Stay strong!
G
01/16 diagnosed
03/16 cd4 750 VL 150,000
06/16 cd4 -- VL UD!
03/17 cd4 -- VL UD

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.