Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Questions About Treatment & Side Effects

Intelence (Etravirine) causing constipation, but ...

(1/1)

Karsten:
I'm looking for answers from people who have tried Intelence (etravirine) and have had problems with constipation, and how you solve that problem.

At the moment I'm on Pifeltro (Doravirine) but I am thinking about going back to Intelence (etravirine).

I have been on Intelence (etravirine) before but it made me constipated. I tried using laxatives and probiotics, but it didn't help. The reason I want to try it again is because of the how good it made me feel mentally. So I want to try it again.

This time my life situation is different: I used to have a pretty stressful work at the time back then, but now I'm not working any more and have all the time to relax. So my thought was: Let's try Intelence again and relax and see if the constipation will resolve over time and I can live with it.

Does anyone have any good advice? Should I try Intelence again, now that I can stay at home and relax, and see if the constipation will resolve over time, or should I stay on my current meds which works fine with no side effects? I want to go back to Intelence because it made me feel good, mentally speaking.

Thanks!

PS: Just wanted to add that I'm not lactose intolerant. I drink milk every day.

Tonny2:

ojo.          Hello there!… what are the chances of you living with so much stress  was the reason of  your constipation  problem? .I’ve been  taking Intelence for so m  years and never had constipation problems… I don’t know what else to tell you, but please let us know what you decide…hugs and good luck

Nick_:
What if you add more fiber to your diet instead of laxatives and instead of switching therapies? Have you tried psyllium husks?

harleymc:
I'd be going high fibre too.

Try starting the day with porridge (oatmeal). Make sure all your bread is wholemeal or whole grain.
These are really small changes, the effects will take a couple of weeks but it's pretty gentle on the system. 

Bonus effect is it strips cholesterol.

Nick_:
Take psyllium…a water-soluble fiber which is simply amazing. Add it to your oatmeal.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version