Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 02, 2024, 07:25:44 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37617
  • Latest: NChio
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772997
  • Total Topics: 66312
  • Online Today: 225
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 177
Total: 178

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Dating Thread Part XI - A November to Remember...  (Read 59756 times)

Offline Nygurl225

Re: Dating Thread Part XI - A November to Remember...
« Reply #100 on: November 23, 2007, 12:05:43 pm »
Hey ladies, I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.

Queen~ I know it’s hard but at least you saw Rico’s bad side and were able to get rid of him before you had too much invested in the relationship. Keep your head up, you have to go through a few bad ones before you can find the right one.

Betty~ I’m sorry to hear about your dad. I know it must be hard, but he is lucky to have people who care about him. I work in a nursing home and often see people dump their parents off and never call or return. Not even for holidays. It’s so sad! So even though he couldn’t have dinner at your sisters with you, I’m sure he felt good that you bought him dinner.

Cj~ I agree with you on the whole shopping thing. I will be staying home today!!

Dragon~ God luck at the dentist. I hope you feel better! I hate the dentist but I guess we all have to go sometime. Dental problems can often lead to other health issues. Many people don’t realize this. I hope everything goes well for you.

Cin~ Glad you had a nice dinner. Sounds like you and Ice had a great evening. I’m sure Cheech was grateful for the dinner too!! I gave my cats turkey and they gulped it down then spent the rest of the evening curled up on the couch sleeping off the turkey’s side effects, haha.

As for me Thanksgiving was a bittersweet day. I’m not sure if I told you guys but  I’ve been going through a 3 year custody battle with my ex. On wed I got the phone call that after a long trial that he has lost. This is a man who was very abusive, manipulative and was using my kids as pawns to get back at me for our relationship gone bad, which of course he blames on me because he feels that he does no wrong. Anyway, 3 years of allegations, torment and his attempts to take my children from me finally came to an end. The judge threw out his entire case. He is not allowed to file for custody again unless he has a pretty dam good reason. That  was great news and I was very thankful for it.

On the other hand my youngest kids spent Thanksgiving with him, I have no family in the area so myself and my oldest daughter had dinner. Turkey, stuffing, pies the whole nine.  It was nice, very quiet.

Besides that I guess we can say that I’m struggling with some “inner demons” myself. I’m a very independent person and I et very frustrated when I can’t do things myself. Well being 9 months pregnant that seems to be the case a lot lately.  I’m very angry with MM over the whole car situation and him not being here. So angry that I told him not to bother coming. I don’t want him here. I feel like he’s done nothing to help me through this pregnancy so why bother now. I’m also a bit depressed about the whole thing. I haven’t answered his calls or spoken to him since Tuesday. I want to put up my tree and decorate for Christmas but I have furniture that needs to be moved and nobody to help me. So once again I’m frustrated and pissed. ‘m stubborn so I’ve decided to just go ahead and move the damn furniture myself. If I go into labor so be it, I’m far enough along anyway. Then theres the money situation, still broke and feeling shitty cause my sons birthday is Monday. Stressing Christmas. UGH, I’m just full of issues today!!!! Hopefully most of it is hormonal and it blows over.

Well, I’m off to clean and make an attempt to decorate. Hope you ladies have a great day. I’ll be back later.

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #101 on: November 23, 2007, 12:49:49 pm »
Wow NY, congratulations on winning that drawn out court battle, what a relief! you deserve a big bunch of flowers.

yes, you certainly have a lot on your plate. I can't imagine what it's like being 9 months pregnant let alone when you haveb all those other issues. Today I was listening to these v-blogs on youtube by a woman in such a similar situation to you (except the HIV). she was so depressed, and afterwards with the little baby, so radiant. I hope it will be like that for you. you sound like a most awsome mum.

"If you keep one foot in yesterday, and one in tomorrow, you piss all over today". Betty Tacy

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #102 on: November 23, 2007, 02:21:34 pm »
It looks like it's that time to start another thread. This one went fast, I guess we had a lot to say.. ;) I woke up around 12:45 and really didn't want to get out of bed then. I had turned my phone off last night, I just really don't feel like talking to anyone today. I feel kind of numb in regards to Rico. I had text messaged my friend who set us up, not to tell her about Rico but to ask where she had been because she was suppose to have come over too. It seems her family had come over from out of state which was where Rico was. I told her I had ended it with him but she says that her family wouldn't let him go. And I am suppose to excuse that? Remember now that my friend is his ex's sister. I really felt some type of way with her saying that like it made it ok. And why do I always have to come 2nd to them in some form or another even if he does have a kid by her and claims one that isn't his. But it's funny to me that when he wants some ass, he knows how to find me. I told her that, she said she understood but I ask myself does she really? She then went on to ask me if I knew where he was. I said no but wanted to say why don't you just call around to your sister's, more than likely that is prolly where he is. So, it is back to the single life again and picking up the pieces of my heart that lay scattered around me.

I would write more but I just don't have the energy right now. Glad to see that most of you had a good holiday. My COWBOYS are 10-1...... ;D Someone needs to start a new thread, who is up for the task?
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #103 on: November 23, 2007, 08:15:43 pm »
Good evening ladies-

Well, I started a thread 2 or 3 times ago, so it's someone else's turn. 

NY, I'm so sorry about what you're going through.  But congratulations on winning that battle!  That speaks highly of you.  I'm really sorry about MM.  But, best you find out now before the baby comes.  I hope he doesn't use the child as a pawn against you like your ex does.  Just hang in there, sweetie.  Things will get better. 

Cristy, I'm glad you had a good day.  You deserve to have one!  You work so much, when do you rest? 

Drag, I do hope you get your teeth fixed soon.  Is there another dentist you could go to?  It sounds like the one you're going to is a prick. 

Queen, I know you can "pick up the pieces" of your heart.  You're a strong woman.  It really sucks, but you did the right thing.  You shouldn't play second fiddle to an ex or an ex's family.  That's just wrong.

Cin, I am so glad you had a good Thanksgiving with Iceman!  My mum was 80 when she died.  I don't know what we're going to do about my dad.  He does have a visiting nurse that goes to his house.  So at least someone is checking on him almost daily.  And I call him, my sisters call him every day.  Usually a few times a day.  But today when I was talking to him, he was babbling and I couldn't understand him very well.  It's like he's in and out of it.   

My cat enjoyed leftover turkey as well.  She's had three helpings so far (not all at once).  Thanksgiving came and went so fast.  I have a feeling it's going to be like that with Christmas.  I hope it lasts for awhile though; I'm sick of time passing by so fast.  It seems I can hardly ever fully enjoy a day anymore.  But, it's onward and upward.  You ladies have a nice evening-
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline sunseeker

« Reply #104 on: November 23, 2007, 11:32:19 pm »
Hi Girls

I have not posted in a while much due to being in a state of severe depression.  Like Queen I have ended things with my Latin Lover  Things have gone from bad to worse.  We are no longer.  We ended things on Sunday and could not have been a worse time, if there is such a thing.  The week I needed him the most,  my two year anniversary of being positive (the day before Thanksgiving) and having to work on Thanksgiving and not seeing my family on that day and finding out that my ex-boyfriend has posted his picture on Poz when he said that after we broke up that he did not want a girlfriend.  Not sure why i am mad about this.  Well, this past Saturday he went out with his wife to San Francisco and then stupid me let him come over that night when he called at 9:30.  Well, I had been bothered by it all night and and all day on Sunday.  The ice breaker was when I found out they would be doing the family thing and making the rounds to her family on Thanksgiving, keep in mind they are separated and yes there are kids involved.  But please!!!  So I told him that I was having a hard time comprehending how could he sleep in my bed on Saturday but spend the day with his wife.  He said that he had been struggling with it and did not feel like he could give 100 % right now and needed to know that he tried everything with his wife and if things did not work out maybe we could give it a try again because he really wants to see where things go between us.   So right now that's where things are at and that just the short version.  I am really depressed and was supposed to have a vacation day tomorrow and now I have canceled my vacation day so I could work and try to keep my mind off of things.  Well, sorry to be a downer but like Queen I just feel numb.  Thanks for letting me vent. 

I tried to thing of a new thread but the only thing that came to mind is that I hate men, but I did not think that would be fair to all of you ladies who are with great men.  God I hate being alone. 

« Last Edit: November 23, 2007, 11:36:32 pm by sunseeker »

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #105 on: November 24, 2007, 03:25:31 am »
I think I got one and I'll go start it........Part XII on the way Ladies....
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline camille07

« Reply #106 on: December 13, 2007, 02:26:12 pm »
Hey Girls-

Well tonight has been postponed.  I need to catch up on my sleep tonight since I was out to 3 am and had to get up at 6 for work.    He taking me out to dinner tomorrow.   So another day to sit on this egg.   But I'm not as worried as I was before which is a real relief.

Can't wait to go home, put on comfy pajamas and crash.  Plus its the perfect night....icy, rainy and cold for a nice  hot bath.

hugs,

Camms

Offline wishful

• I am pretty content nowadays..Life is gud..
« Reply #107 on: December 13, 2007, 02:39:10 pm »
Hey Cams, i think u meant to put this in the other thread
Live life to the fullest...

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.