Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:55:56 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773225
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 716
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 623
Total: 623

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Trials and Tribulations of an Old Poz Queen  (Read 538984 times)

Offline rondrond

• 22 years HIV+ yet a yard could be the death of me
Re: Trials and Tribulations of an Old Poz Queen
« Reply #900 on: May 01, 2009, 11:14:16 am »

Transformation....

It started raining @5am. Mom was late. I got worried. She is such a mall woman now: in that HUGE Yukon SUV: has had to buy new tires twice in the past two years from scraping curbs: my dear sweet mom. (She states that she is looking for something smaller: it just isn't Top Priority.

She has started going back to church since JW's death: Catholic. (apparently they have forgiven her of the sin of remarrying  ::) She has also joined a 'Curves' which I am assuming is the male equivalent of Gold's Gym: but she is now talking about her workouts and going to church.

The hospital was no problem: the hall were not lined with the sick or suffering: not a mask in sight. I was admitted and turned in my renewal for the Connection card which gives me their 'discounted blue light special' (I need to remember to apply for the program that doesn't have copays:  but I thought I would be on disability by now.

Had to strip: ALL my clothes: naked. Put on two gowns: one facing front: one facing back: so I was covered  ::) Mom sat in a chair by my bed after I was hooked up with probes and my IV and waiting for my turn to be wheeled into the strange room at the other end of the holding room.

To pass the time she told me some more about her childhood on the farm. She is one of five children and when they moved from Michigan, Mother/Daddy bought 'land' in LaMesa: then Mueshoe. She remembers that they stood there, gazing across all this land.

They had nor running water: no electricity: there was not even a building on the property. Daddy had to care of the 'chores/farming' first: then he addressed their other needs after work. Got more done ie the winter without having to tend crops.

Of, course they had to help. gathering rocks: BIG rocks, which they piled in front of a Large Army Barracks Daddy had bought for them to live in. No walls, no nothing. They marked their territories with the moving boxes. Mother's kitchen was a table, a pot belly stove thing and a big basin for washing.

Finally, the well got dug. Mother led this men to a top of a hill and pointed to a spot on the ground:
"this is where I want my well"  They just scratched their heads stating that she was crazy, people did not dig wells on top of hills. "THIS is where I WANT my well" (They were not aware that she was from Finland, and was full of a lot of ancient secrets and rites: she had POWER.

They dug down and fresh, artesian, ater came a'gushing. She just looked at them. Then Daddy had to build a windmill: in between chores: so in the meantime, they had to 'draw water' one hadn over the other, moving this long metal cylinder that filled with water.

It then had a trip on the bottom, which released the water into your bucket (everyone had their own bucket and had to get their own water) and you did this all the time: if you wanted to wash. When Aunt Fay had her first child, my cousin Linda, they were all put on detail as those diapers needed a lot of water.  :D

There was an outhouse: but:  nobody used it:  nasty thing:  one year a great wind came and blew it over into one of the tree lines that outlined a field and one day after work, Daddy stated that he probably should fix it:   

Mother looked at him and stated that it was exactly where it needed to be and then they had a 'family meeting' which consisted of everyone sitting around the dining room (Daddy had built some walls by now. and Mother had her dining room, which she insisted on painting, chartreuse.)

The family meeting was centered around the Sears Catalog: everyone had their lists and thing got ordered and then their order was delivered by train:  all the time they had to go to town to check and see if their order had come in.

Finally, the got indoor plumbing and ordered a tub and toilet and sink from Sear Catalog. Finally the train brought it. All those BIG rocks became a fireplace that took up the whole wall at the end of the barracks. It was so big, you could walk into it and stand there. (visions of a culsron, bubbling over a fire could come to mind here)

There were no kitchen cabinets. Everything, food, dishes, pots and pans: Everything was in the pantry. The pantry was not a door in the wall with shelves. It was a ROOM you could walk into lined with shelves. It had been made from more of the BIG rocks (rocks everyhwere) and was cool all the time, unlike the rest of the house.

...where's Gail?.,...in the pantry:  cooling off"

My bed started to move and I went into the strange room: rolled over.....>>.....<<

A vague memory of waking slightly, gagging, something bring shoved down my throat......

...rolling over and being handed some cranberry juice.

..a wheelchair and paperwork with a set of photos on top...ugly phots....creepy looking photos...that's what I look like inside?....no wonder it's all covered up in skin.

Get in the SUV. GO to ARBY's  Roast chicken.....

"I'm not done yet"....Glen Campbell

"I may not be exactly where I want to be, but I sure as Hell am not where I was"
Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

04jul07/DVT-right leg/Bi Lateral PE's     
16oct08/DVT-left leg
Aug09 Diagnosed: COPD

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline rondrond

« Reply #901 on: May 01, 2009, 11:45:53 am »
Art-Crying Eye...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZ57iatrkSs&feature=PlayList&p=F2C73408A73069AE&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=87

I woke up. My gut HURT. I vaguely remember some woman telling me about if I had blood dripping from my ass to go the emergency room. If I had pain, that just wasn't right, to go the emergency room.

Under these ugly photos, there are several sheets. One  is a follow up appointment: I hope to explain these ugly photos.

There are also some words gastric inflammation, and sigmoid polyps, BIOPSIES taken

well, that explained why I was hurting. Since I couldn't even stand up , walking bent over, went back to sleep. woke up at 8pm. The pain had lessened. I took a shower to wash it all way and ate dinner.

Back to sleep.

Today there is no pain: just my stomach crawling around looking for more food.

Got a call from a Hematologist. I am scheduled for a blood clotting disorder test that will occur on two different days. I am confused. I think it's night, but it's day. It is still early. I have all day.

I need to go to the store and use my new Food Card.

edited to add:  I forgot: FARTING: lots and lots of farting. Running to the toilet and it's just air. Lot's of air. ....

« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 12:18:39 pm by rondrond »

"I may not be exactly where I want to be, but I sure as Hell am not where I was"
Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline bear60

« Reply #902 on: May 01, 2009, 05:20:10 pm »
Ron....what a story.  But the least part of it was the colonoscopy. So everything went well.
 Did they do an endoscopy as well?  Gee, two at once?
Oh the farting...yes....lots and lots.

Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline rondrond

« Reply #903 on: May 02, 2009, 08:29:01 am »
Yes, Joel,

both at once: though I don''t remember none of it.

inside a fish tank.....

I can't get over these pictures. I feel so dirty:  like I need to get a long scrubby brush, shove it up my whiz-way and give it a real good cleaning:  Daily, or at least bi monthly.  :D

What happened to these:  colors?   All I see are pukey yellow and white and red, and is it?  yes, even tinges of green?    what happened to pink and smooth?

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline NYchica

« Reply #904 on: May 04, 2009, 12:29:28 am »
Hey Rond,
I was wondering if i could possibly interview you? I'm a junior in college and doing a final project for a biology class on HIV/AIDS. I'd like to learn more about how HIV/AIDS affects someone on a more personal level than just the mainstream information. I read some of your posts and your profile - you seem very open and candid. if youd be willing to let me ask you some questions, id greatly appreciate it :)
if youd be willing to let me interview you, feel free to contact me through my YIM or AIM or via email, all of which are listed on my profile.
in advance, thank you so much :)

Offline rondrond

« Reply #905 on: May 04, 2009, 11:35:33 am »
..two down:  eight to go....

What is the deal with :  recliners? I have lived the majority of my life without one. Never saw the big deal. Today:  I see the 'BIG DEAL'  I can't get out of the thing. In it's defense, I am now taking some pretyy 'kick-ass' drugs'  but still....

It is Monday. I have a list longer than my arm of things that need to be done.

#1  STAY OUT of that RECLINER...for starters.

It has been raining. The grass is up to my knees. The vines on the fence are reaching to the skies and the the canopy of oak high in the sky.

I need to go to the grocery store.

Then there's this business with the Hematologist. I got an appointment confirmation in the mail and it says (loosely translated)  in BIG letters: bring your copay:  if you don't have the copay: don't bother. 

So, I watched the clock, 'waiting:  patiently'  for 9am and the grand opening of ADMIN at the hospital. I already had a nagging problem from my procedure on Friday. IT started on Friday, but didn't break through a clearing in my fog until Saturday. I signed a piece of paper stating that I would pay a $200.00 copay for the procedure.

WhOah. I don't have it. Heretofore, my copays have been $20.00  My drugs glazed over the fact that there was an extra '0' involved. So, I called and gave my story to two different 'gatekeepers' before getting transferred to a Social Worker.

.."beep..beep..click, leave a message...."   dang it, I don't want to leave a message, I want to talk to someone:  now. I have to go have blood drawn for the aforementioned Hematalogy appointment and labs are a copay of $20.00. EXCEPT for this special test which is $50.00.

Vortex...

How apropo that Star Trek is doing it's new thing as I am on my 'Event Horizon' Suddenly, medical bills are looming in the near future and I have got out of my recliner today:  armed myself with my 'life in a bag' and called:  and got a recording. 

So, I'm sitting here, dead in the water as I need to know if this Social Worker is going to work her magic that she 'whoo-doo'd' to erase that hospital bill two years ago. If there is magic, then I need to go to the hospital and have labs drawn.

If not:  I need to call and cancel the appointment.  Then, looking at the confirmation, I see that it was to be at one of their 'outposts'  The JPS Center for CANCER CARE.....well, that made me sit up. Yup, that's what it says, in blue letters at the top. My eyes/brain did not see it until now. So:

not only am I waiting for a call, to see if I need to go get labs, or cancel, there's this qualifying factor added to the mix:  just the right ingredients to stir the fog  that is already whirling in my brain and my gut, as my meds have dissolved and are down there saying " how do you do?  oh ..hai...good morning" to each other.

The grocery store is on hold.
The grass is on hold.

Gotta stay out of that recliner. Come on phone:  RING......
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 11:38:12 am by rondrond »

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #906 on: May 04, 2009, 12:05:33 pm »
I know all to well about the recliner thing . I have always resisted buying that kind of furniture . I never cared for the look of a recliner . I had a very stylish sofa and chair that I paid for that cost more than my car LOL . It is a beautiful sofa and chair that now is sitting in my best friends living room .

When my Dad passed away and I moved into his house and into his recliner I saw things differently . I'm selling his house and have moved into one of my own but the recliner came with me along with his sofa that has two recliners in it also . So much for style I'm going for comfort and a big screen TV these days .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline rondrond

« Reply #907 on: May 05, 2009, 07:39:34 am »
Hey Jeff,

When do we get to see pics of your new house? (You can have 'Before and After'   ;)

Looking across the room, I just realized that we now have TWO recliners. JW kept fussing about them, and after a period of time would become dissatisfied with one for one reason or another:  to Lazy Boy's warehouse, they would go.

They sort of give you a hug and appear to love you so much that they don't want to let go. The tan recliner has history: it has rocked every one of Katie's grand babies: it seems to be the first and only thing their Mothers see when they enter the room.

Good to hear from you. How was your Birthday? *spent moving?*  :-\

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline rondrond

« Reply #908 on: May 05, 2009, 08:18:36 am »
Fountain of Youth:

http://www.burgerslake.com/gallery.html

Burger's Lake is just down the road. My sisters and I have spent MANY a summer swimming there, keeping out of the adult's hair.  8)  I experienced many a transitional rite: boyhood to manhood:  the first conquering the high dive. Then the slide (That is really a very tall slide and there are many, many slippery steps involved) There is also no hope of backing out of it as everyone is on the ladder below you: shouting "hurry up:  chicken, sissy"

So, I never got my phone call from the Social Worker.

I, however, made a few calls: : found out that the Cancer Center has just expanded and now handles blood disorders and they haven't had time to change their stationary. So, getting a letter from them, doesn't not mean that you have cancer.  8)

She also stated that the copay was my usual low rate. So. I will go have my labs for Hematology done today, because this is a test that needs to be done.

Put on my infamous black hiking boots (with my socks stylishly scrunched around the tops) and started pulling vines off the fence. Then got out the lawn mower and mowed the front yard.

And because if it isn't one thing, it's another:  there came a great clattering from underneath the mower. I thought it must be a branch in the grass. It turned out that there is a metal bracing bar that runs along the back of the mower that 'for some reason' has decided to come down and was hitting the blades.

The noise had been happening for awhile, and I had put it on ignore:  hoping it would go away. It just got worse, but not until I had FINISHED the front yard. Now, I have to get butch and work this metal off the mower:  there are now screws:  like it was welded:  but it moves like a handle on a bucket.

...but the front yard is mowed. I have also bought a chain saw: a smallish one:  for beginners:  and have been eyeballing those trees in the back. muahhahaha...HaHa...HAHAHA......

Then, after my shower, and doing my new long hair   I noticed that my Aqua Net Hairspray is not doing it's job. They have a new can, and must have changed the formula: though it doesn't say new and improved anywhere.

I asked Katie, and she agreed that it wasn't doing right either. We would know. We have only been using Aqua Net Hairspray for the last 40 years: or so. Mom used Aqua Net:  as a teenager, living in a homophobic world of the 60's-70's, I would have to sneak into her bathroom and hold the forbidden can in my hand and then perform 'taboo' and spray my hair.  :o

I will go to the Food Bank after my labs, since they are on the same side of town. Then all I have left to do is the grocery store.. 8)

My sciatic nerve is screaming, and my toes are 'numbing' both calves are aching:  but I'm still moving.
(gotta keep swimming...)

« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 08:21:27 am by rondrond »

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline rondrond

« Reply #909 on: May 09, 2009, 07:06:33 am »
they've been where you're going....

In April, I wasn't feeling well/ Then I had my endoscopy/colonscopy/biopsies taken:  my life went downhill:  fast. I started getting fevers. I had phlegm and started coughing. My chest started to hurt, which progressed to my entire torso, fron/back, waist. I couldn't breath. I was panting like a dog on a hot summer day after a long run.

It was attributed to my biopsies from the colonoscopy and that it would  get better. I made my appointment with the Hematoligist:  all they did was draw 9 vials of blood and I have to return on the 17th for the results.

I felt like I as crossing over into another world:  something was WRONG.  My chest was really hurting. As the Hospital was around the corner, I decided to have myself checked out. I called Mom and Katie and told them what I was doing.

Following the advice of the Hematologist, as they are the same hospital system, I went to Urgent Care as opposed to the ER. I must have really looked bad. Everyone started helping me.

I met a lot of Angels.

I was put at the head of the line and only waited for 5 minutes before being deposited into a wheelchair. I sort of remember being shved, the probes.

I was delirious.

I couldn't breath.

I was scared out my mind. I thought: "well, this is it, I hope I got all my affairs in order"

I was screaming with every breath. One of the Angels remarked that for such a large man, I sure did have a good set of pipes. I gasped out that I had been a singer for the Fort Worth Mens Chorus and that I was a Tenor/Barotone/Bass.

I started to sing a solo I had had at the opening of the Bass Brothers Music Hall.

I was put in a room, and hooked up. My back hurt so much, I couldn't even lie down without screaming. I remembered Katie tranferring to her bed at night and crying for hours before she could 'settle in' all the time saying:  breath. So I 'breathed. It worked. Eventuall, I could stop the apin, by just lying perfectly still.

Of course, the thing about hospitals is they can't seem to leave you alone, when you don't want them, and are never there when you do.

They drew blood:  did and EKG:   Nuclear Medicine did their scan:  a very hard platform. "Can you lie on this?" 

?For how long?"

"30 minutes"

I started to scream. and talk gibberish. I called down every power on Earth I could think of and even made up a few. "Well, let's do it"

I warned her that I was very vocal, and was being a very big titty baby.

"My goodness, you have a set of pipes on you" 

After that ordeal, I did not recognize anything in this universe. I felt that my head was getting ready to float off my body. I was grasping the edge of the bed. I pushed toe nurses call button.

This Angel, named Julie, who had just come on her shift, entered the room. I must have had red glwoing eyes, I was grunting, panting, trying not to scream. After every intake of air, I was able to get out one word....."If...you...don't...give...me...something... for.. this...pain....I....am..going ....to ...climb... the... walls....and.. start... throwing.. things....

I couldn't stand all the tubes all over my body and was ripping them off....she kept trying to stop me.

"Hang on....I'll call the doctor."

She returned with a shot of morphene and dopamine. I had never had either, but I had heard stories. I imediately called Mom. IT was 2am. I advised her that I might be fixing to become totatlly incoherent. I needed her to go to the house and get my HIV meds as they could gve me everything on my list, but that, as they did not keep HIV meds on stock.

After the shots, all I could think of:  "that's it?"  I didn't feel any different. The pain lessened, but was still there. I managed to slie down, breath and settle in. Even went to sleep.

The Angel woke me up. (WHY?) more tests. A venous doppler.   At first they thought I had another blood clot in my lungs. Then after the lab reults, they ruled ot out and determined that I had bronchitis/pneumonia. A UTI..??   "uhh, how on earth could I get a UTI? I haven's had sex with another body involved in at least 10 years"   

:The colonsocopy"   They had not given me any anti biotics after the procedure. ...whatever.

Hour after hour, I laid there, trying to breath and trying NOT to breath as it hurt too much. As she was giving me my second shot of morphene/dopamine I let her know that I was not impressed with it: it was not top on my list. I would rather have hydrocodone. (I knew THAT worked. )

So,  I was discharged. Given an antibiotic:  Avelox.
Pain killer:  Tramadol.

One of the tests showed that my liver was not producing a certain protein, this causes my blood clots, I will be on warfarin for life.
I still hurt, but I can breath.

Gawd, I still hurt.,.....

« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 07:08:55 am by rondrond »

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline bear60

« Reply #910 on: May 09, 2009, 11:01:33 am »
oh my God! Ron, you mean trhat the biopsy sites from the colonoscopy became infected?  Or did I misread that.???
Hey, at least you got yourself to the hospital.

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
« Reply #911 on: May 09, 2009, 11:12:12 am »

Well, at least they were able to find out what it was.........I recall having Kidney Stones, and the pain was unbearable, but the morphine helped a lot, it's getting warmer now, so, you should be outta the woods soon, wishing you the best at getting well Ronnie ;)

"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline AndyArrow

« Reply #912 on: May 10, 2009, 02:55:54 am »
You poor kid!  I'm sorry you had to go through what sounds like a nightmare.

I hope you get better soon!  I'll be sending lots of positive thoughts & energy your way.

Hugs & Stuff
AA
It is not the arrival that matters.  It is the journey along the way. -- Michel Montaigne

Offline rondrond

« Reply #913 on: May 10, 2009, 07:46:37 am »
a bad day....

I looked these drugs up on the internet and they are supposed to be some powerful stuff. So, why do I still hurt?

My right shoulder down to my pec feels like I have been run through by a sword :  and it's still there.

My left hand has gone completely numb. My right little finger down the side of the palm has gone numb.

I walk llike Igor and sound like Lurch.

The only time I am pain free is 5 minutes after settling in to the recliner, and then NOT moving:  nothing.

Results of another test have shown that I have an enlarged heart, enlarged liver and enlarged prostrate. " Well Shrink it"

I cannot lie on my side. It feels like I am crushing my ribcage, breaking the bones and driving them into my body. Took me 20 minutes to get over that one., and won't do it again.

I have an appointment on Monday.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 07:56:44 am by rondrond »

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline rondrond

« Reply #914 on: May 17, 2009, 02:44:23 am »

..what doesn't kill you:  only makes you stronger:  unless it leaves you in a persistant vegetative state:

I was sitting on the toilet feeling like :  crap. I started to cough and had to spit. I grabbed the trash can and spit:  it was blood.

My right side and back were at full alert:  scale of 1-10:  I was past 10. I couldn't lie down or sit back.

The room started to turn:  white. Everything turned white. I couldn't see anything:  thinking I was going to pass out, I called out to Katie.

I explained to her how I was feeling and:   I had a moment of lucidity:  I was in a vehicle:  It was Mom:  she was taking me to the hospital.

Everything turned white again.

I was in a wheelchair: those orderlies sure do move fast: the wind was whistling by in my ears.

They removed my shirt. shaved my chest and stuck those probes all over me.  Had me spit in a cup. Trying to make me lie down. I was screaming from the pain. Was given a muscle relaxer and an IV antibiotic drip of three different antibiotics started to pump through my veins.

Was given shots of Heparin in the stomach and morphene. I was delirious and kept telling them that the morphene wasn't working. The muscle relaxer kicked in and I was able to breathe without it feeling like my ribs were breaking.

Was given a pain pill. They started drawing blood:  took 7 vials. The IV portal was inserted in my hand below my little finger. After three antibiotic drip bags while changing them, the nurse flushed the IV portal....I started to scream:  it burned and hurt.  Then my hand started to swell.

IV portal moved to middle of right arm. Doctors faces, three of them:  I was being told that I had pneumonia and hemptosis  (coughing up blood) 

They were waiting for the lab results from the blood and from the culture grown from the spit. Was given a TB test on left arm.

Taken to have a full body cat scan. I had pneumonia in both lungs. He asked me when I had injured my back as the MRI showed scar tissue/arthritis/scoliosis: 

There were two windows. They overlooked Fort Worth skyline and I could see the Trinity River. I was high up. I felt like Rapunzel:  I found out that I was on the 8th floor in isolation as usually coughing blood meant TB.

I kept refusing to take any sleeping pills. I wanted to be awake and alert. I felt like I was dying and I wanted to be there for the occasion.

It seemed that every hour on the hour, Someone was trying to draw my blood. Some would listen to me and stick the needle in where I told them. Others did not and kept inserting and then 'digging' around looking for the elusive vein.

My right hand was swollen and the kept using the left hand. I was so sore from all the failed attempts.  had bandages with cotton balls under them all over my hands and then my arms.

It got to where when the entered the room, I start to whimper and cry, "NOT again, please no..."

I got diaherrea from the antibiotics and had to keep pushing the nurse's call button to come unhook me so I could go to the toilet. (I had already tried to unhook those tubes myself and found that I couldn't figure them out. You have to unscrew and pull and I couldn't manage it with only one hand.)

There was a knock on the door and then someone entered wearing a face mask. It was MOM. Once again she had availed the services of the Hospital Priest to get in to see me. She just had to see for herself.

She was concerned because I had ranted in my delirium that if this was living, I didnt' want it. I kept losing my temper at all those tubes that kept me tied to the bed. Why is it that you will wait for 9 hours to get a room and bed, only to have your butt go numb and I started to wriggle and squirm.

I kept adjusting the bed up and down trying to get some relief for my poor butt. I was dirty. unshaved, and my hair felt like it was made of something I couldn't describe.

I finally passed out one night and this night nurse took liberties and wrapped my legs in these velcro sleeves around my calves to ankle, then tubes attached to a machine would tighten the sleeve: squeeze:  then release it only to immediately squeeze again.

I awoke, screaming. My feet were on fire and my toe nails felt like they were being pulled out by the root. "What the Hell do you think you're doing? Take them off. I have neuropathy."

She felt that I needed to leave them on for awhile. I lost my temper and started pulling tubes off.  "Mr M...what are you doing? " 

"I'm going to kill you before you kill me"

She removed the sleeves. This activity had reawakened the pain in my back and I started to scream and moan.."ohmygodohmy godhelp mehelpmehelpme please.."

More vampires entered the room wanting my blood. This time they had a doppler machine to assist them in finding a vein:   it didn't work. They finally found some crusty volunteer who was good with those who were labeled 'bad/hard sticks' He found a vein on his first try. I tried to tie him  to my bed so he would be there for the next round of vampires.

Another night and another nurse.:  two actually and it was med time and they had divided up the floor. She came in and I eyed these suspicious pills asking "what are you giving me here?"

"Those are your blood pressure meds."  "OK"

She left and five minutes later here comes the male nurse who hands me:  pills. "What are these for?"

"muscle relaxer and blood pressure"  But...I've already taken my blood pressure meds"  I handed them back to him after I took out the muscle relaxer. He handed them back to me.

"You need to take these"     "I've already taken them."  Then he started to grill me as though I was suffering from memory loss...."do you remember my name?  do you remember me introducing myself? what day is this?"   I couldn't help but think that if he asked me who the President of the United States was, that I was going to push is head through the wall.

I lost my temper. "Stop treating me like an idiot. I told you, I have already taken my blood pressure meds."  then the female nurse enters with my pain pill. I pointed to her and said" she gave them to me...ask her"

He did. She had given me the wrong type of blood pressure meds...they had been meant for someone else.  I started to holller that I would probably be dead in the morning and dialed Mom's number to let her know that I was going to need a slab at the morgue.

Suddenly I got people coming in from all over monitoring me throughout the night. I never saw the male or female nurse again. Everyone was being very apologetic.

Even the doctor came in the next morning, apologizing for the mix up:  and I didn't care. I was in so much pain. It was an effort just to breathe.

I went through @25bags of antibiotics:  pain pills:  muscle relaxers:  lovenox shots in the stomach:  coumadin:   Thursday, I could finally lie back without screaming. I still had diaherrea. I asked for a razor and shampoo. Took a shower holding the arm with the IV Portal up and out of the way so it wouldn't get wet.

My IV portal was starting to burn. There was talk of giving me a PICC (in the throat) but, because of my blood clotting issues, it could be dangerous. I refused it.

Doctor states that he is waiting for one more test to come in before he rules out TB:  but that I might possibly get to go home on Saturday.

It does not hurt to breath anymore (unless I take a very deep breathe) The pain pills and muscle relaxer have calmed the pain in my back to an acceptable level. Dr states that he will make a referral to a Neurosurgery Clinic.

I cough in spasms, but there is no blood. I am very tired, and sore.

I kept drilling DR about how one caught pneumonia as I never wanted to go through this again. He was not very helpful simply stating that I more than likely caughtit  in the hospital during my colonoscopy. (which I had no problem in believing as I had had cramps and pain in my gut the day after the procedure.)

Mom and I are waiting fr the Dr to sign my discharge papers. They bring lunch. Mom states that I might as well eat it. There was a thick slice of turkey and mashed potatos. After several bites:  I stopped:  I couldn't breathe. I sat there trying to swallow. I haven't had prevacid since I entered the hospital.

There hasn't been a problem as I hadn't eaten much from feeling so bad. (I lost 10 lbs.)  Mom became very concerned as my Acid Reflux episode was going on for about 20 minutes and still I could feel that hard lump....it just wouldn't go down. I finally vomited, which cleared the obstruction.

Now Mom is bugging me about chewing my food real good before swallowing. (I always knew I had a reason to not have an episode when she was around.)

I still have pneumonia:  have to take two different antibiotics for the next ten days.

I am really mostly glad to be away from the vampires.

Interpreted from Dr's hen scratching:
pneumonia
TB-negative
DVTx2
Arthritis/ scoliosis

« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 02:59:05 am by rondrond »

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline bear60

« Reply #915 on: May 17, 2009, 10:55:26 am »
Ron.....
I'm glad you're feeling up to making an entry in your journal here...and letting us know whats going on.  It sounds pretty grim.  I just hope the pneumonia clears up ok. Keep us posted.

Big Hug
Joel

Offline denb45

« Reply #916 on: May 17, 2009, 11:38:51 am »
WOW, Ronnie what a nightmare, that's real scary when they mixed up your meds, and give you the wrong ones, what kinda place where you in? they should all be FIRED, and they call themselves Nurses
YIKES  ??? it sounds like they were trying to KILL YOU, that's some Middle Evil Shit  :-\ ..........tell everyone you know in Fort Worth, TX, not to go to that place, they may come outta there DEAD..........the place you were in sounds a lot like our County Hospital.......it's called The University of New Mexico Hospital, you check in, but, you don't check out, at least ALIVE you don't..............it's called a teaching Hospital, and they make you sign all kinds of weavers, so, if you do die, or they make a mistake, you can't SUE them......

« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 11:53:36 am by denb45 »
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline AndyArrow

« Reply #917 on: May 19, 2009, 02:53:24 am »
Ron,

I was begining to wonder why you hadn't posted anything in a while.  It sounds like you've been living a nightmare at that hospital.  Please let us know how you are doing.

AA
It is not the arrival that matters.  It is the journey along the way. -- Michel Montaigne

Offline rondrond

« Reply #918 on: May 20, 2009, 06:05:38 am »
...the Calla Lilies are in blooom...

I feel like Ron Weasley hawking up slugs...

but...I feel a little better each day. The majority of my pain is along my lower back, up the right side (torso up to armpit.) IT isn't just a pain, but a sharp pain and it comes and goes, dependig on my activity level.

I had appointments all day yesterday and I noticed that my hands were trembling all day. (I felt so ...old.) I thought it was because I was tired, but this morning after sleeping for 4 hours, they are still trembling.

I was given a Rx for Folc acid 1000mg andBComplex vitamins. I am to not take any other supplements. My edema in left leg is:  ridiculous. I noticed EVeryone staring at my swollen calf, swollen ankles and  to set it off real nice, it is discolored, a nice shade of red, with darkened bands around my ankles.(like when you wear a cheap chain necklace that turns green  ::)

I had an XRAY done on my back, as DrG did not believe what DRG had written about my back. She wanted to do her own tests. WHAT is it with these doctors 'egos?'

The Hematologist wanted to do just One More Test, so I had to give some more blood. (I need to take out stock in the 'blood market')  They confirmed the Protien S deficiency:  they had done a HIV profile and my CD4 had gone down again, from 442 to 414. :  and percentage from 28% to 18%.. :-\

My prostrate is enlarged, and if I start to have trouble 'peeing', I am to let her know and she will put me on medication to shrink it. IF that doesn't work, then there is another med to add to the first and IF that doesn't work, they will cut it on it. ( I am feeling very 'mortal' by now:  like I'm closer to the end  than the beginning..)

The sharp pain in my side made me put my hand on it, and I was noticeably 'pale'    everyone kept opening doors for me and volunteering to help me out to my truck.  I really have been meeting a lot of nice people lately.

I had to pick up another antibiotic at the main hospital pharmacy and then went to the Food Bank. I was trembling so bad, I thought that I was going to shake my hands off.....and I could only make it stop by pressing my hands flat on a table or sitting on them.

I left the house at 730am and got home @ 430pm. I was wiped out.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 06:07:13 am by rondrond »

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #919 on: May 21, 2009, 02:03:34 pm »
Ron, what a nightmare you are going through honey.   I am keeping you in my prayers each day.

Hang in there honey....you can get past this.

Hugs,

Alan   :-*
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline bear60

« Reply #920 on: May 22, 2009, 09:26:42 am »
HI Ron
How are you feeling today?
I hope you are well enough to enjoy some nice weather or....something this weekend.  Kurt and I want to go see STAR TREk.

Joel

Offline rondrond

« Reply #921 on: May 27, 2009, 12:41:35 am »

..hippo with an apple..

I think I have too many doctors. This probably shouldn't be considered a bad thing, 'the more, the merrier?" I would be appreciative, except I see them as  'prima donnas'

DrN was to send me to a neurosurgeon. DrG thinks that all my pains are from arthritis. (She got the XRAYS and stated that I had arthritis in my lower back and some in my upper back. I am to continue taking the Tramador/50mg/PRN for pain.

She did not think that I needed the muscle relaxer. I do:  I think that those muscle relaxers outperformed morphene and Tramador. (Katie has had Tramador, and she thinks that it is comparable to a drop of water in the desert)

During my hospital hiatus, my meds had arrived by mail. Attacking the stack of 'to do's' that accumulated during my weeks absence, I opened the package and it was ....Combivir??

I know that I hadn't been feeling well, and at times was out of my mind:  and body, but I do not remember ever having any discussion of a med change. I called,  and DRC saw where one of the nurses had written Combivir instead of Epzicom.

What is going on? This is the second time that I have been given the wrong medication. One could become very paranoid about any thing coming from the medical field.

What she had intended was to break up the Epzicom into it's components:  Epivir and Ziagen, so that she could adjust the dosages to help out my liver.

Which, by the way, was something else that had not been discussed, she just did it. I have an appointment for labs tomorrow and I will 'try' to behave and not draw any negative attention my way, but I already know that I will have to let her know that I should be involved in these decisions.

Saturday afternoon: I awoke and:  I did not have any pain, anywhere. I cried. It felt so good. Lasted for about 10 hours:  then:  I was writhing on the floor. So much for being cured.

Sunday I rested all day. Monday, something happened. Something : moved: in my chest. My chest pain went away. My back just ached. I felt different.

Monday, I attacked my pile of paperwork. My JPS Connection card, which gives me their blue light specials, expires on May 31st and I have to be re-evaluated to get another card. The appointment for that is June 15th. so basically, NOTHING bad can happen to me for two weeks. I am trying to get all my meds filled before the 31st.

My hands are still trembling, but not all the time and not as violently as the other day. I think it's because I kind of over did it today by mowing the front yard. The doorbell kept ringing: three different times, there was a car/truck with a mower in the back and: "do you need your grass cut?" and as tempting as it was, I just did not have the monies.

OK, so we were the ONLY yard on the whole street with grass up to your knees  ::) The vines were singing a special song as they just knew that this time they were going to make it to the canopy in the sky:  but not today. The front yard is beautiful: and then...booBOOMboom...hail and rain.  :-\

The mailperson brought me a special letter. "Greetings, you are to report for Jury Duty, June 1st." ??I was selected for jury duty last time and I thought that they had to leave you alone for three years. And...apparently time has passed:  without me. So, I have Jury Duty on June 1st. I hope the $7.00 I get doesn't count against my Food Stamps  ::)

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline bear60

« Reply #922 on: May 27, 2009, 08:27:27 am »
Hi Ron
Thanks for checking in with that thorough update!  About jury duty: can you handle that?  If not,  they willl excuse you , I'm sure.

Joel
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 08:29:36 am by bear60 »

Offline rondrond

« Reply #923 on: May 30, 2009, 04:47:20 am »

Understanding

I have gained an empathy for others who announce that they have a problem with prescription drugs.  It is all too easy to develop a dependence and so very difficult to withdraw.

There is something visceral about the prospect of experiencing excruciating pain.  Humans are hard-wired in the brain to avoid it at all cost. I do know that I was climbing the walls in pain: was pretty much out of control:  and they stopped it.  I am now paying the price of narcotics..

My mind is now clear enough to write, my bowels started to work after 3 days, 0-60mph constipation to diaherrea, and it was days before I had just one good night’s sleep between the insomnia, muscle pain all over my body, splitting headaches, anxiety, walking bent over because my gut felt like I had been a punching bag....

I was too dopey to realize that the general malaise, drenching cold-sweats and Sahara-dry mouth I experienced for the first week were withdrawal symptoms from the morphine. I would be at an appointment and the DRs would be asking me questions and I could only whimper and utter unintelligible gutteral noises from my hoarse throat:  with my tongue stuck to my lips..

Add the withdrawal from the Tramadol and Referil and I again had to wonder: do these doctors know what they are doing?

Friday:  Daniel arrived in between jobs. He is so FULL of energy: I could barely sit up in a chair. My headaches are not so severe and I no longer feel anxious:

Joel, Jury Duty no longer accepts phone-in excuses. You have to mail or fax. There is not enough time for that. I should be functional by Monday. If not, I will tell them, "hey, I am in withdrawal" They can take it from there.....

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline rondrond

« Reply #924 on: May 30, 2009, 11:02:56 am »
damn...

Katie just pointed out that it's Flexeril, not Referil....

2 out of 3 ain't bad.  ...getting better..

Good thing I've been through this before...I could've become a drug addict or something....
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 11:06:53 am by rondrond »

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline bear60

« Reply #925 on: May 30, 2009, 11:57:26 am »
Ron...you have to SHOW UP for jury duty even tho you are disabled???  Well, show up in a wheel chair.

Offline rondrond

« Reply #926 on: June 06, 2009, 05:10:58 am »

the lonely tree......

After coming out of withdrawal:  Saturday evening, I developed extreme pain in my right side down to my lower back:   unbelievable:  I recognized the symptoms of Kidney Stones from my previous three episodes.

I increased my water intake from 2 liters to 3 liters and practically laid on the heating pad.

When I started sweating profusely, I knew I was close to giving birth:  it wouldn't happen.

At midnite, I finally gave in and hit the kitchen cabinets:  2oz lemon juice/2oz olive oil.

Katie was beside herself: nothing to be done. I've wasted many an hour in the hospital on a bed in the hallway:  every now and then someone would ask how I was doing:  when the pain subsided and stayed away:  go home. 

That is the first procedure for a kidney stone. I should have known: two nights before I was discharged from the hospital, they brought in a large container for me to urinate in for 24 hours:  one of the tests for kidney stones:  did they say anything?    NO

Why?  Because the second procedure is immersing you in water and shooting sound waves to break up the stones:  at a cost starting of $10,000.00 They were hoping I would pass them on procedure one:  not being insured.

At 1am the pain had lessened:  at 3 am Sunday I passed the stone: but I couldn't stop sweating. (this led me to believe there was another coming)

Monday: I made it to Jury Duty. I was standing in line with sweat pouring off me. My shirt was drenched: long sleeve, light blue. It was obvious something was wrong with me.

The judge was amazed that I had been unable to call in. I insisted that it did not have the option. She picked up her phone and called the number:   Turned out: I wasn't a liar.  She apologized and was emphatic that it would be fixed. I was sent home:  reset to Jury Duty Aug 31.

I passed my second kidney stone on Monday afternoon.

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline denb45

« Reply #927 on: June 06, 2009, 11:57:35 am »

Them dam kidney stones HURT LIKE HELL............I've had them back in 2000 and again in 2005, my ID Doctor told me that this is caused by certain HIV-MEDS as well as lipids, so, nothing to really do about it,
all she does now is monitor my kidney functions, and urine to see if they are within the normal levels, but YES Ronnie, I too I'm plagued with this problem as well, so, I know how you feel........IT HURTS  ???
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 01:42:02 pm by denb45 »

Offline bear60

« Reply #928 on: June 06, 2009, 01:00:40 pm »
Take care of yourself Ron. I still cant believe you had to go to  jury duty.  I get a form in the mail when called and if I have a problem I tell them and they postpone it.

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #929 on: June 06, 2009, 06:26:08 pm »
I had "gravel" in my kidneys, a result of years on Crixivan. I know what you mean about it hurting.

I still drink a gallon of water every day.

Hope you get to feeling better.

HUGS,

Mark

"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline denb45

« Reply #930 on: June 06, 2009, 07:37:48 pm »
I had "gravel" in my kidneys, a result of years on Crixivan. I know what you mean about it hurting.

I still drink a gallon of water every day.

Hope you get to feeling better.

HUGS,

Mark

You too Mark  ??? yeah.... that is what my old ID-Doctor told me, about the 3 to 5 yrs. I was on Crixivan
back in 2001, when I 1st moved here to New Mexico ,form Northern California  ???

Offline rondrond

« Reply #931 on: June 13, 2009, 09:40:05 am »
Take care of yourself Ron. I still cant believe you had to go to  jury duty.  I get a form in the mail when called and if I have a problem I tell them and they postpone it.

Hey Joel,
Yeah, I got the form, but it was while I was in the hospital. By the time I went through my mail, there was only two days to get it mailed, not enough time .  They would have issued a warrant for my arrest.

Dennis, Mark..
Waaah...It seems that I pass a kidney stone every three years:  and it always seems to happen after receiving a Jury Duty Summons.:  I need to change that schedule.  ;)
A gallon of water:  I keep telling the doctor that it is not natural for one to drink that much water:  it is a FULL time stinking j-o-b trying to keep up with it:  I have grown to almost hate water.

Well, apparently, I am not going to leave this earth:  yet.  I spend my time: resting. Daniel is going to Houston for a construction job: he is now a professional mason (bricklayer)

I have taken possession of a new truck:

The boys call it 'The Beast'

I am giving Daniel my 'Lil Red Ranger'. I had two conditions to be met:  he get his driver's license:  he get insurance. Between several minor setbacks, which to Daniel were HUGE, he finally got his license. It took a week of us studying the handbook:   thank gawd I don't have to take the written test ever again:  It just doesn't seem the same as it was 40 years ago  :D

After getting his grade, we were advised to come back in the morning:  E-I-E-I- Early, to take the road test. It is first come, first served on the road test. They open at 730am. We were there at 630am and were still 5th n line..O.O

@9am, after I had bent the ear of anyone who sat near me:  I was bored to tears and my hip and legs were aching:  I was also tired. I get tired real quick nowadays. I finally went to the counter:

"May I help you?"     "ujm, es, I seem to have lost my nephew.....he was the 5th in line, and they told him to drive around back and park... and it's been a LONG time ago... I was getting worried.

***welcome, to the Hotel California....***

"Sir, it could take 2 hours, they have to inspect ALL the vehicles first, then they drive.....I'm certain he's ok"....

So, I'm sitting there with the other parents/relatives, waiting and suddenly he 'pops' in and curtly says "let's go'"   He was pissed.

He had failed. Come back tomorrow. The only thing he had done wrong, was going 25ph in a residential area.   "But??  the handbook says residential is 30mph??"    

"Yeah, but that is a SPECIAL area and is 20 mph and you have broke the law" FAIL"   come back tomorrow.

I finally got him calmed down:  he felt like a TOTAL failure and his world had ended:  (he has anxiety issues, someitmes)   I ahd to tell him that I had failed my first time also, and so had Katie...and that he now knew the course, he would do better.....phew....

He aced it the next day  :  told hime os:    and then we went to transfer the title.

Apparently, you have to have insurance to get a title transferred. ugh....you can insure a vehicle that is not in your name, but you cant' own a vehicle without insurance....but the woman stated that there were 'spaces in time' to get these things done....

So we got his insurance, (I paid for his down payment until hi got his first paycheck) then title transferred:  (I paid the gift tax:  until his first paycheck) my hip was hurting so bad that I was making groaning noises and shifting from leg to leg and bent over on the counter:   I didn't think I was going to make it out of there.

Then we went to Walmart and I bought him a bunch of non-perishable food items to have until he got his first paycheck and I always throw pocket change in a bucket and so I gave him the bucket to take to a change machine to buy gas until his first paycheck....This first paycheck of his is seeming to become a very important event  ;D

Then, at the end of the day, I looked up:  and held up my arms: and asked "I did a good thing..right?"  Sicnde my last hospital stay, I am still feeling very mortal and trying to rake up as many browine points as I can get:  might need them:  you never know

« Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 09:41:58 am by rondrond »

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #932 on: June 13, 2009, 09:51:04 am »
Nice ride Guy ! You will be looking like a true Texan riding down the road .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline denb45

« Reply #933 on: June 13, 2009, 10:48:57 am »
Ronnie, your a good Uncle, and I'm sure they are proud to have you, love the Ford Truck, nice and roomy, now all you need is some Texas Long Horns mounted on the hood  ;D
« Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 10:53:34 am by denb45 »

Offline bear60

« Reply #934 on: June 13, 2009, 12:25:06 pm »
Such a good Uncle. 

Offline AndyArrow

« Reply #935 on: June 13, 2009, 12:58:41 pm »
Sounds like you are a really good uncle Ron.

Always nice to have a truck around to haul stuff.  Let's hope you start feeling better soon.

Hugs,
AA

Offline rondrond

« Reply #936 on: June 16, 2009, 12:11:57 pm »
Thank you all for the kind words and well wishes.  :-*

I am feeling better, it's just this fatigue that suddenly covers me, like a floating sheet:  I can feel the tiredness start to flow out of me and then I just want to go sit or lie down.

I want to blame it on the Zyrtec:   *like it's not Claritin Clear* :-\

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline rondrond

« Reply #937 on: July 01, 2009, 10:03:12 am »

b-b-but..I might need that someday..

We had thunderstorms and rain for about a week: then the sun came out and grass started to grow at an incredible rate. I couldn't keep up. My energy reservoirs are 'on low'

Daniel has been helping, but he has his time schedule, and I have mine.

Once upon a time, long ago, during the Holidays:  while cleaning house for guests, I put the battery pack and charger to my electric hedge clippers:  out of sight. So out of sight, I can't find them. I have looked, and looked.

When things really started to grow, I LOOKED. Something that started a few weeks ago, became an obsession and I became totally immersed in finding the thing. It didn't take me long to come to the conclusion, that we have a lot of stuff socked away in the garage and basement.

I decided to get rid of some of it: it was ridiculous to have all this junk: Mom has always said, that if you haven't used or thought about it in over two years: you don't need it. So, I started packing up boxes and putting them to the curb. Like ants to a picnic, the scavengers started driving by, then stopping, backing up, then parking and thus began my serious attempt to clean the 'chafe' from our possessions.

I nearly killed myself on several occasions as it has been a record 104 degrees for days on end, and I can say that I have sweated ALL the toxins from my body. The worst scenario was heaving two electric wheelchairs up a homemade wooden ramp into a van.Those suckers were HEAVY and seemed not to want to leave Katie.

4 manual wheelchairs and various parts. Shower benches, potty chairs, mini-blinds, light covers (those squares of glass on the ceiling I replaced with ceiling fans) couch, old chandeliers (I will never hang them again:  get rid of them) This has sort of become a soul purging: and farewell to my past.

And there is still the basement: have mercy: and I STILL haven't found that battery pack. I am going to have to go buy another hedge clipper: 'for want of a nail , a shoe was lost, for want of a shoe, the horse was lost, for want of a horse, the kingdom was lost'  or something to that effect.

« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 10:05:49 am by rondrond »

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline bear60

« Reply #938 on: July 01, 2009, 10:35:40 am »
Hi Ron...good to hear from you.  I dont like hot weather too much either. Now about the clippers: isnt it possible to borrow some from Momma or somebody?  Just asking.
I have been taking some time off and am feeling very rested.  Its good to not HAVE to get up and get out.
Joel

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #939 on: July 01, 2009, 03:12:24 pm »
Ron,

It sounds like you are a very good uncle, indeed !

I know how maddening it is to not be able to find something that you KNOW is there; I have often gone out and bought something that I couldn't (or wouldn't) find.

Hugs,

Alan

PS - be careful in the heat honey, it can be so dangerous....
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #940 on: July 01, 2009, 11:22:54 pm »
Hey Ron,

I hope you sold the chandeliers. Get some bucks for those things, dear.

I hear you about getting rid of stuff, though. I have been doing that for a while now. The only problem is, I keep getting more stuff to replace it. ::)

Stay out of the heat. It can be a killer.

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline rondrond

« Reply #941 on: July 02, 2009, 01:02:28 pm »
..where no mower has gone before:  

Hey, Hey,

Thanks Joel. Of all the 'toys' J.W. bought, electric hedge clippers were not on the list. Mom doesn't have hedges:  bushes, trees, flowers, but no hedges.

Alan,
thank you. I sometimes think that I can't find something because I WANT to buy something new.... :D

I usually only stay outside for two hours. That is long enough for my cheeks to start glowing red. I am still drinking the unnatural/inhumane  3 litres of water a day.

Yesterday, I moved two woodpiles that Daniel had stacked smack dab in the middle of my Irises. I have to supervise his mowing, or he will mow over everything in sight: and he puts the mower so low that it scalps the yard.  >:(

I'm such a bit*h.  :-\

« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 01:05:42 pm by rondrond »

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline rondrond

« Reply #942 on: July 07, 2009, 01:30:59 pm »

'if I had a hammer, I'd hammer in the morning,'  scrrrittcch...wait: make that a Chainsaw!

I went to Sears and bought a 14" Chainsaw. It is not gas powered: but I have a box full of extension cords for Christmas Lights. Chaaristmas in July...  So, I put on my hiking boots, and gloves, and put some hurt on some trees.

The first tree, I do not have pictures of as Daniel was helping me and I was a Virgin Lumberjack *blush*   and it was hot outside: again. I should have learned from that first tree, that I don't know how to judge distances very well when looking up, and imagining it lying down. This Friggin tree went  'CRacck' and went down *much to my own private satisfaction: I've been imagining it gone for the past ten years*

As I gazed at the new forest we had created across the backyard, I had a sense of awe at just how BIG that tree was. After we got all the limbs off (there's a name for that, but I'm still a grunt lumberjack and haven't learned all the lingo yet) Daniel sawed the trunk into sections and then we returned neighbors property to him (It started growing in his yard and leaned onthey fence, bringing it down, and continues to grow.

I have to call it 'The Tree' as I haven't a clue as to what it's real name is: but it loks like an Anaconda. The trunk lies in the ground, and sapling spring up all along the fallen trunk: you cannot kill it. It does looks very pretty in the spring, blossoming in clusters of a dusty purple (at least I think it's pretty) and then it bears a fruit like a green olive.

The Fallen Mystery Tree:

I thought I was doing pretty good, on my solo: then, I encountered this 'thing' :

The Thing:

Don't be fooled by it's seemingly smallish appearance. It is an overgrown hedge (they can grow into trees: who knew?  It is covered by all these dead vines (the gray on top) and was just an eye sore. So, with Hyacinth's voice in my ear, I decided it was my duty to rid the world of it's ugly presence. Plus, it was hanging over my yard: that would never do.

The difference between these two trees was that the first tree was leaning waay over across the yard. I could cut straight down and through. This thing: it grew more in a upright position so I had to turn the saw sideways. First thing I noticed: sawdust was flying everywhere. I got halfway through and suddenly it was acting all weird: the chain had come off.

I thought I had broke my new chainsaw. And on my solo performance. Daniel had been out playing disc golf and returned just as I was ready to chunk it in the garbage bin: I have never been good at replacing chains: even on my bicycle.

So we got it back on and tightened it and Daniel took off somewhere with one of his buddies and I returned to the thing. I got the saw going and suddenly I heard a small ..crack: and the saw stopped and wouldn't budge. It was pinched and it was good and tight, I couldn't even make it wiggle. So I got a paint stirring stick and a hammer and attempted to make a wedge to loosen the saw. It didn't work.

So I got a hasp saw and started to saw from the other side. So much for my dreams of a power saw, once again, I was the power And I sawed and sawed and used one hand: ;til I couldn't take it anymore: and then the other hand and back to the other hand and then I heard ..Crack..crack..

Now, we had done an initial evaluation and I had submitted my plan that when it fell, it should fall into the neighbors forest (once again, this is a tree that grow on his side of the fence, but comes over to my side) I had planned that I would PUSH it as he fell and guide it to where I wanted it to go.

That didn't happen. Daniel had stated that it wouldn't happen: that it was too heavy and leaning too far cross my yard: and he predicted that that is where it would fall:  he won.

It cracked and ccrackled and snapped and started coming over my way, and I was pushing for all I was worth: to no avail. :-\

So, I got my saw back from the thing, and the chain is real loose and it son't tighten with the tension screw. I undid the two screws holding the whole apparatus and pulled it out , but the chain is still loose.

I think, after reading the instructions: which I am man enough to admit when I can't get it, read the instructions:  that when I need to uncres the tension screw: get the chain in place and then tighten the tension screw. If that doesn't work, then I'll return it to Sears and get another: I still got three more trees to fell, and then I have to cut them into pieces.  :-\

I slept all night and half the next day. :D

Then there's the encroaching jungle: waiting for it's next invasion attempt.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 01:36:42 pm by rondrond »

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #943 on: July 07, 2009, 07:33:49 pm »
Hey Ron-
I haven't been keeping up with your post but I have been seeing a lot of dragons lately and they reminded me of you. I read todays post and I think that tree was an oak, I couldn't really see the leaves well.  Please be careful with the chainsaw, your post made me nervous.  If you are still cutting up the tree, cut some wedges out, kinda like you did (hopefully) to get it down and then you can avoid getting the blade stuck.
Good Luck! I hope you have been feeling better!
Take care,
Snow

P.S. Have you slept in your bed yet? ;D
Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important

The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.

Offline rondrond

« Reply #944 on: July 08, 2009, 01:40:41 am »
Hi Snow,

Good to hear from you. I don't think it's an Oak as the leaves remind me of a fern, and it blossoms and bears those green olive looking berries.

Mom suggested a Ginko Biloba, but the leaves didn't look at all the same.

Heck, I even looked up Olive Tree, but the World Wide Web states that Olive trees grow slowly and and aren't very tall. These suckers grow rapidly and they can get to be very tall. They also are like giant vines as the trunks curve and go along the ground and then up: It's kind of scary describing them. A surveyor from the water dept once stated that they leaned and grew toward water. I have a well and an underground spring: maybe they're just thirsty, as you can see in the pictures, neighbor does NOTHING to his yard.

To make a wedge,do you have to angle the saw? Are you supposed to angle the saw? I thought that was the reason the chain came off.: but I will be the first to say that I am no expert on tree cutting.

Once upon a time and long ago, 'Princess Ronnie' would have called a tree cutting service and paid @700 bucks to have these men come in and trample the flower beds, and butcher the trees and make a mess...

Where are you seeing dragons? I have watched some movies on TV with dragons. I like the one where Sean Connery does the voice over for a dragon, and there is a dragon on the new series Merlin who answers Merlin's questions: that is how I think of dragons, as old, ancient wisdom.

No, Still sleeping in the blue recliner, though I have my CPAP set next to the beige recliner. I haven't used the CPAP since my bout of pneumonia: I'm afraid to: weird: but I sort of blame it for giving me pneumonia: it's unnatural to sleep with air being forced into your lungs: imho
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 01:48:54 am by rondrond »

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline AndyArrow

« Reply #945 on: July 08, 2009, 03:16:20 am »
I'm with Snow -- reading that post made me nervous. 

Not that I'm saying that you and Katie are accident prone, but ...

Don't you just love Merlin

Hugs,
AA

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #946 on: July 08, 2009, 03:03:31 pm »
Hey Ron-
I have been seeing the dragons at flea markets and stores, the ones made out of ceramic/plastic , like you have in your bedroom.

Maybe it is a locust or something?

You can angle the saw, it all depends on how the limb is leaning and how much weight it is bearing.  You have to be very careful when you cut into something that is bearing a lot of weight because it could snap back at you or get pinched again. I think your best bet is going to end up cutting a lot of small pieces from top to bottom so that you don't have to worry about it getting stuck again at least on the limbs.
Good luck, be careful  ;D
Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important

The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.

Offline rondrond

« Reply #947 on: July 17, 2009, 06:47:09 am »
I'm with Snow -- reading that post made me nervous. 

Not that I'm saying that you and Katie are accident prone, but ...

Don't you just love Merlin

Hugs,
AA

Yes. We haven't missed an episode of Merlin. I don't understand some of the story, they aren't following the books: or any that I've read. I thought that the old man was supposed to be teaching him magic, not trying to hide it from him.

Horse at Lake:

:D :D  It's Katie that has the imp following her around: and she has never been in the back yard: heck, I can't even get her to up the garage door and sit there in the sun in the driveway: she feels like every window in every house has a face in it just to look at her.  :-\

This past week:
*going through the living room into the hall: there is a metal air register: a big one: and she has rammed it and bent it into the wall

* her back was hurting, so I plugged in our only heating pad and stuffed it down the back of her chair: then we watched a Netflix movie. After the movie, she went forward to retrieve the DVD and pulled the plug out ( she has done the same thing with a gas pump hose at the gas station: back 'in the day') when she pulled out the plug, she realized it: stopped: and backed up: running over the control and effectively rendering the heating pad useless.....

*the new Hunter Fan I put in her bedroom that operates on a remote control: she awoke , tried to find her bed pan, couldn't find it, heard something fall) it was the control (I screwed it's hanger into the bookshelf next to her bed to prevent anything 'untowards' from happening to it)

So then she couldn't find the bed pan or the control to turn on the light: called out for Daniel to turn on the bathroom lights: found the bed pan under her wheelchair: sstill couldn't find the remote: tinkled AND pottied in the bed pan and was emptying in potty bucket and for some reason looked in potty bucket:

The remote was floating around in: stuff...ewww She soaked it in something for some reason and now it won't work: sp can't use the fan or lights on the 'once beautiful ceiling fan' to the now' elephant in the room' until we get a new remote from the company.

All in the past three days....stick around, just stick around and there'll be more.. ::)

I have three Dr visits: three days in a row *go figure* Saw DRG on Wednesday. I complained about the pain in my hips and legs and that my heels to my arches felt bruised wen I was walking: stated that I was afraid that I was losing my legs. She has noticed that they are getting smaller/thinner and so is going to send me to PT to build up my leg muscles ?? *this should be fun* I have been complaining of lightheadedness and feeling dizzy and that it was getting worse:

...ssshhhdon't tell Mom or Katie, but I actually almost fell getting out of the tub one day: pulled the shower curtains down and managed to catch myself against a wall...

Katie: " What was that? Ronnie, did you fall?
R:"no"

My blood pressure has been low for the past two visits: " NP: "well it's better than being too high"  WT?
So, I was most insistent on these matters and wouldn't shut up about them, so now I have an appt to have a scan to check for a blockage in my ARTERIES?? I'm like " well y'all have taken dopplers and MRI, and cat scan and you're telling me you never saw anything? Wouldn't it have shown up?"

DRG " Well, that was when we looking at your VEINS, this will be for your ARTERIES...@.@

I don't get it....and probably never will..... :-\

So, I've been taken off Lisinopril, and my water pill.
I'm now supposed to be taking Tramadol for hip/leg/foot pain.
I should be receiving an appt confirmation for Physical Therapy.
She took an XRAY of my hips (to check for arthritis)

Well, I held out as long as I could stand it: but looks like I'm going to be popping pain pills forever now.I am officially: old. <<.>>do I get a diploma or something?

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline AndyArrow

« Reply #948 on: July 18, 2009, 07:29:12 am »
So I'm reading along thinking he's right ... Katie is a meance I was overreacting.  Until I read that you've been getting dizzy and almost fell over in bathtub.  So you can't handle taking a bath but Snow & I shouldn't worry about you being up a tree handling a chainsaw?!?!  ::)

Good luck with Dr visits.

It's true that Merlin doesn't really follow along with what I've read/seen before but then again it's a show about magic & dragons that has cute guys with english accents.  Hell, I don't care if it's got a plot or not.  :D

Offline bear60

« Reply #949 on: July 18, 2009, 12:02:04 pm »
Hey Ron
Hang in there Buddy.  Its going to be ok.  Watch that shower now...if you dont have a matt in it so you dont slip...get one.  I know...I really hurt myself in a slip and fall in the tub whist showering and we now have a WALK IN SHOWER.

Joel
« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 12:03:58 pm by bear60 »

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.