Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 04:35:04 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772785
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 236
Total: 237

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Hello Everyone......  (Read 9845 times)

Offline daveyxoxo

Hello Everyone......
« on: June 06, 2008, 06:57:18 pm »
It all started after I had unprotected anal sex.  I was receptive.  I just did it once and I know that I'm infected.  A week or 2 later I got really tired and ended up with a rash on my anus with clear discharge.  At the time my groin area was really swollen and in pain.  This rash lasted 5 days and healed.  Then I came down with flu-like symptoms.  Zero appetite.  Feeling like vomiting every-time I ate something.  After I felt an attack to my body, I started getting pain in my knees and fingers.  Finally every single joint in my body.  I also had night sweats and nightmares almost every night.  I also had the runs for a few days.  I have had rashes on my body that appear and disappear.  Around my wrists and on my palms.  It's been very close to 3 months and I still have pains in my joints, lower abdominal pain, and sometimes my liver area hurts when I'm sleeping.  I sleep a lot beut when I wake up, it feels like I haven't slept at all.  I get green stools, clay colored stools.  Everytime I walk a block or 2 my knees hurt.  If I type, my fingers hurt.  I get pain under my arms and shoulder blades.  I've been seeing floaters and it keeps getting worse.  I can't go out unless I'm wearing shades.  Recently, I've deveoped a redness of my palms when I do any kind of walking.  It's like blood rushes to the palms and it looks very similar to the HIV rash pictures that I have seen.  The only thing is that if I lift my hands up toward my face the blood rushes away and my hands look normal.  Is that a specific description to what the rash on the palms look like?

I've taken 13 HIV tests in the past 84 days.  These are the tests that I have taken.

week 2      Oraquick saliva                                                       positive
                Western blot                                                           negative
week 3      Viral Load Rna 50 ml copies for early detection          negative
                HIV 1/2 AB                                                            negative
week 5      Full STD panel                                                        negative
week 6      PCR DNA for early detection                                    negative
                HIV 1/2 AB                                                             negative   
week 7      At home finger stick test                                          negative   
week 8      HIV 1 & HIV 2 AB full blood specimen                       negative
                rapid finger stick test                                                negative
week 10    rapid fnger stick test                                                 negative
week 11    rapid finger stick                                                      negative
week 12    rapid finger stick                                                      negative

I've been told that I don't have HIV but obviously I do.  I have several in depth questions and maybe a pro can help me out.  I know from the looks of the test that I do not but here I my questions.

If I still feel it, could it be that I'm never going to test positive because my body isn't producing enough antibodies to fight off the virus? 

Can I rely on the tests that I have taken so far?

Could I test positive at 4 months or 6 months?

How conclusive is 13 weeks?

How can my symptoms be due to something else if they are so specific to the symptoms that cdc suggests?

At this point, what other tests can I take to be sure?

Should I keep testing?

Can I be a rare case?

What should I do to save my life if it is hiv?

Should I pay for a western blot test if my antibodies aren't showing up on the rapid tests?

Can hiv be this difficult to detect?

If it's not HIV, could it be some other std that causes similar symptoms?

(I also did a full std panel at 5 weeks.  Is that to early?)

Was that first positive result an indicator?

I'm really fed up with all of this and need some clarification. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!  If I infected, at least I can get treatment.  It seems that no one wants to help me out because I'm not getting a positive reading. ???

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Re: I am very concerned for my life.
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 07:07:50 pm »
I've been told that I don't have HIV but obviously I do.  I have several in depth questions and maybe a pro can help me out.  I know from the looks of the test that I do not but here I my questions.

Actually, you don't have HIV. Your test results are conclusive. If you had been infected you would have tested positive by week 12, probably earlier. You don't need to test at 4 or 6 months. You are not a late seroconverter nor are you a "rare case".

You are HIV negative. No ifs, buts or whatevers about it. Whatever is making you ill is not HIV and you should work with your doctor to determine the cause.

Now Davey, I'm gonna cut you off at the pass, so to speak, and ask you to read our Welcome Thread and familiarise yourself with our posting guidelines. You should pay particular attention to this one:

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Our Moderators enforce these guidelines with puritanical zeal and if you fail to follow the rules your time with us will be very short indeed.

I would suggest that you try talking to a mental health professional about HIV and your belief that you have been infected when the clinical evidence proves that you have not been.

MtD

Offline daveyxoxo

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2008, 07:11:49 pm »
So, would you be SHOCKED if I test positive in the future? ;)

Offline daveyxoxo

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2008, 07:16:35 pm »
p.s. I've also lost weight and have had cold sores for the first time in my life.  I'm not continuosly posting anything.  I just need some clarification and this is my very first post under the "am I imfected" section of this website.  It can be very helpful to me.  I have read the guidelines and will be glad to follow the rules.  I just need some more opinions.

THANK YOU!!!!!!

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2008, 07:17:42 pm »
So, would you be SHOCKED if I test positive in the future?  ;)[/i]

No. Nothing a Worried Well says would ever shock me.

If you test positive in the future it will be because you've placed yourself at risk again and been infected subsequent to the episode of unprotected anal that you talk about here.

Your testing is conclusive. You are not HIV positive. The only people who take longer than 12-13 weeks to seroconvert are people who take immunosuppresive drugs following an organ transplant, people who are taking certain kinds of chemotherapy for cancer treatment and in very rare cases some long term injecting drug users.

I feel confident in asserting that you are not from any of these groups.

MtD

Offline daveyxoxo

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2008, 07:37:14 pm »
i LOVE you Matty!!!!!!!!

You're so serious, I like that to.

I don't know what the heck is wrong with me.  After recently reading posts in the "just diagnosed" forums, I was able to relate to many of the people who have had very similar symptoms.  Quotes like "I've never felt this sick in my life."  Or "I had severe joint and bone pain and my eyes were very sensitive to light."  I know that the statistics are in my favor with testing.  But as far as symptoms go, I've had every single symptom that cdc suggests. : (  I'm not worrying for no reason at all.  I've had a high risk encounter.  I've had every symptom and I just don't feel the same anymore.

Can't some people naturally take longer to develop enough antibodies?  Or should I really forget the idea of being infected?

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2008, 07:41:11 pm »
Davey,

I'm serious because I've got better things to do than baby-sit the likes of you.

You had a risk encounter, but you were not infected. HIV testing is highly accurate. Your symptoms are meaningless. Just because one person experiences seroconversion illness (aka ARS) doesn't mean that other people do. My own seroconversion was entirely symptomless. The only way I knew I had HIV infection was when my test results came back positive. This is the case for around 50% of HIV positive people.

As I suggested earlier, you should seek the assistance of a mental health professional to help you with your inability to accept that you do not have HIV.

MtD

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2008, 07:51:06 pm »
I have read the guidelines and will be glad to follow the rules.  I just need some more opinions.

Fine...here is your "other opinion".  I fully concur with Matty - there is absolutely nothing further for us to discuss about this incident.  You are conclusively HIV NEGATIVE. 

I would also like to strongly encourage you to heed the other advice he provided about excessive posting.  Seriously...if you would like to have this resource available to you in the future, you would do well to adhere strictly to these posting guidelines. 

If you are having health issues, take them to your doctor.  If your issue is that you cannot deal with being negative, take that to a mental health professional.  There is nothing further that we can do for you here.

Thank you.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline daveyxoxo

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2008, 07:53:42 pm »
okay guys, thanks for your opinions. You've been a BIG help. ::)

Offline daveyxoxo

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2008, 08:44:26 pm »
If there's anyone else online that can give me information specific to the questions that I'm asking, I would be very pleased. 

Thank you

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2008, 09:22:29 pm »
If there's anyone else online that can give me information specific to the questions that I'm asking, I would be very pleased. 

Thank you

Tell ya what...I've reported this thread of yours to the moderators.  That way you can be certain they will address you.

Ever so happy to be a BIG help, ya know.   ;)
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2008, 04:15:04 am »
davey,

As you have been told, you are conclusively hiv negative. You do NOT have hiv.

Have you been tested for hepatitis B? Unprotected anal intercourse is also a risk for hep B. However, this is NOT a hepatitis website, it is an hiv website and we've already established that you do NOT have hiv. Please talk to your doctor about this as we cannot help you with that here.

Once again, you do NOT have hiv. Work with your doctor to find out what, if anything, is wrong with you. There is nothing more we can do for you here.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline daveyxoxo

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2008, 07:40:20 pm »
Ann,

thank you Ann.

Offline daveyxoxo

Hello Everyone......
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2008, 07:32:43 pm »
I want to start by saying that I am in denial about a 3 month negative test result.  This is my 2nd posting and I just need some help to move on from all of this.  I am a completely honest guy and don't think I should be bashed for creating this new topic. 

I had unprotected sex with a male who I just found out was HIV+ this past week.  Right after I received a negative test result at 13 weeks past my possible exposure.  I've experienced all of the symptoms that cdc reveals.  The time frame matches up.  The risk exposure was high.  That is why I have a major concern for my well being.  On top of all of this, I was told by a physician that I need to test at 6 months up to a year. One doctor told me that no further tests are needed after only 8 weeks. I just want to be happy because my results at 3 months were negative but I can't let go.  I still have lingering joint pains and now I have pains in my organs.

My question is, should I be confident that my test results will be negative at 6 months if they were negative at 3?

If I still feel ill, could it be that the tests are not showing accuracy because I have not fully seroconverted?  Meaning, my immune system is compromised.

Should I even retest?

If anyone could be kind enough to answer my questions with all honesty.

I have tested for everything else as well.  My wbc count is normal.  My liver enzymes are normal.  With all of these occurences, I have a feeling that everything points to HIV.  Could I be wrong?

Thank You. :-\

Offline Matty the Damned

Re: Hello Everyone......
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2008, 07:39:49 pm »
Please keep all your additional thoughts, questions and comments in your original thread. This helps us to follow your story and give you the most accurate advice.

If you can't find you original thread click on the red link I've provided above. Alternatively you can click on the "show own posts" link in the left hand column of any forums page.

Your questions will not be answered until you return to your original thread.

MtD

Offline daveyxoxo

« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2008, 07:48:00 pm »
please leave me alone.  If you are not going to answer my questions in my new thread, then please.....leave me alone.  What is your goal in pposting any reply if you are being useless. My thread has new information and is different from my last thread that didn't go to well because you bombarded it.  If you want to help me then so be it.  If not, then please......leave......me ALONE. I also reported you. 

This goes for anyone that doesn't want to help.  I asked you not to be cruel.

Offline daveyxoxo

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2008, 07:52:19 pm »

I want to start by saying that I am in denial about a 3 month negative test result.  This is my 2nd posting and I just need some help to move on from all of this.  I am a completely honest guy and don't think I should be bashed for creating this new topic. 

I had unprotected sex with a male who I just found out was HIV+ this past week.  Right after I received a negative test result at 13 weeks past my possible exposure.  I've experienced all of the symptoms that cdc reveals.  The time frame matches up.  The risk exposure was high.  That is why I have a major concern for my well being.  On top of all of this, I was told by a physician that I need to test at 6 months up to a year. One doctor told me that no further tests are needed after only 8 weeks. I just want to be happy because my results at 3 months were negative but I can't let go.  I still have lingering joint pains and now I have pains in my organs.

My question is, should I be confident that my test results will be negative at 6 months if they were negative at 3?

If I still feel ill, could it be that the tests are not showing accuracy because I have not fully seroconverted?  Meaning, my immune system is compromised.

Should I even retest?

If anyone could be kind enough to answer my questions with all honesty.

I have tested for everything else as well.  My wbc count is normal.  My liver enzymes are normal.  With all of these occurences, I have a feeling that everything points to HIV.  Could I be wrong?

Thank You.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2008, 07:53:31 pm »
Take the time to read the "Welcome" thread and the posting guideline of this forum. Then seek professional mental help to deal with accepting your negative result.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2008, 07:54:17 pm »
Dave,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

If you don't like the way we do things around here, you don't have to post here. However, if you DO want to post here, then you need to abide by our posting guidelines. Got it? Good.

Whatever is going on with you, it isn't hiv. You do NOT have hiv. You have tested conclusively hiv negative. Just because you've had an exposure doesn't mean automatic infection.

Keep working with your doctor to find out what, if anything is wrong with you. However, you will not be permitted to use this forum to go on ad nauseum about your conclusive negative status. You do NOT have hiv.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline daveyxoxo

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2008, 08:02:44 pm »
I trust in what you are saying.  It's just what the doctor said about 6 months to a year.  Why would everyone online say 3 months and others say 6 months?  I'm not doubting you or anyone else.  If anything, I love you guys (even Matt) for dishing out what you know and what you believe in.  I don't think it's horrible to have HIV, nor am I a bug chaser.  I just want to know if it's possible for an HIV test to be positive at 6 months if it's negative at 3. 

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2008, 08:25:17 pm »
Dave,

I just want to know if it's possible for an HIV test to be positive at 6 months if it's negative at 3.

NO.

Most people who have actually been infected will seroconvert and test positive by six WEEKS.

The doctor who told you six months needs to update his hiv knowledge. So do a lot of websites.

You ARE hiv negative and it's time you moved on with your life, making sure condoms are used for anal intercourse in future. If you do, you'll STAY hiv negative. Yes, it's really that simple.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline daveyxoxo

« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2008, 08:35:18 pm »
Thank you once again Ann.  You've been the biggest help to me and I don't even know you. What a shame.  Thank you for helping me through this.  I guess maybe I've been to hard on myself and others who have tried helping me.  It's hard to be an optimist when there's all this conflict, but I'll try.

thanks

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2008, 08:53:36 pm »
You don't have to be an optimist. You just need to get on with your life because you have absolutely no cause for concern about HIV.

Just learn from this experience and make sure when you have intercourse whoever is inserting is always wearing a condom. That way you can enjoy yourself and be well protected.

If you can't let go of this concern then get some professional help with the issue. That's a service we can't provide here.

You are HIV negative. period. End of story.
Andy Velez

Offline daveyxoxo

« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2008, 09:00:12 pm »
Thanks. It is Saturday!!!!!!!  I did get condoms and a lot of lube from the clinic the other day and I haven't had sex in 3 months. ???  Finding a partner is as easy as 123. haha

No.......

I really do thank you.  I just needed some advice after all of of this.  I have a feeling you guys are all right. 

thank you again and again.

I'll read this time and again to help it get through my head. I've spiraled downward.  I need to get back back up.

xoxo

Offline daveyxoxo

« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2008, 06:21:11 pm »
 have a technical question to ask. 

My pains never went away.  My doctor told me that my hemoglobin is very high.  It went from 16.2 to 17+.  The muscles around my spleen hurt and so do the muscles around my liver because there is pressure on my gallbladder.  The high hemoglobin explains the erythmatic rashes that I've been getting along with the eye floaters.  Also, my stools have been so out of wack.  Now, I'm constipated like crazy with undigested WASTE. My question is,

If I developed a blood problem, could that be a reason to test again at 6 months?  I just want to know if a high hemoglobin level is preventing or causing me to seroconvert this late.  I read that spleen and liver enlargment occurs in primary ars symptoms. Why?  I'm to afraid to go into detail to find out. 

My doctor told me to quit smoking and I did.  It's my second day after smoking for 7 years, which can cause high hgb.  But the fact that it was quickly elevated by a whole number and a half in a month, really concerns me.  Especially considering I'm having symptoms for this long.  I wasn't put on any meds and that really upsets me to.  It's like, something can just pop in my brain or my hand can turn blue. 

Does any of this mean anything.  My antibody test was negative at 15 weeks.  Dr. Bob from the body.com says to test at 6 months if you've had a high risk.  So, that's why, I'm still a bit confused.  I heard that if a person serconverts for this long will have a very short life to live.  I don't know if quitting smoking will get rid of pain in my heart and my bones but that's what I'm hoping for.  Working out is impossible.  All I can do is walk but even that's painful.  I'm starting to feel like I'm going to just give it all up soon.  My ex, after breaking my heart is going out on a date this friday, while I stay home and feel like a senior citizen at the age of 27.  I was way t normal just 4 months ago and look at me now.

p.s.  I know that everyone says that 3 months is conclusive for 97% of people and It may seem like I'm a bit irrational to some, but if my bods still going through something, it concerns me.

any input?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2008, 06:24:13 pm »
You are conclusively negative. Seek professional mental help to deal with your negative result.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2008, 03:37:04 am »
Davey,

You need to see a doctor about your aches and pains and inability to crap. Posting endlessly about your conclusive NEGATIVE status on the internet is doing you no good.

To give you the push towards the doctor's office you need, I'm giving you a long-overdue time out. Don't bother trying to create a new account to get around your time out because if you do, I'll catch you and ban you permanently. Got it? Good.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline chris_chan

« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2008, 08:38:26 am »
Hi, everybody....

I have still some aches and pains after encount with SW.

I aready had 6 month test with ELISA and kit. the result was negative. Thanks God...

Is it possible to detect all type of HIV?

I want to move to my life.

Thanks

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2008, 08:44:18 am »
Chris, you need to put your questions and remarks into your own thread. You'll get responses there and not here. What you have done is considered hijacking the thread.

Thanks for your cooperation.
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.