Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:18:28 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37612
  • Latest: testABC
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772944
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 375
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 323
Total: 324

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: I find it hard to believe  (Read 11473 times)

Offline DancerBoy

I find it hard to believe
« on: August 07, 2006, 03:58:32 am »
I find it hard to believe that one of our own has made a major decision to have a story written about her and has "come out" and thus far nobody has any words of encouragment.   Do we not realize tough this might have been for her or what a big thing this might be for her.  Her article has been up for hours and nobody has said anything!
Come on people! Show some support! She is participating in these studies and becoming an activist, not for herself- she's an elite controller.  She'll probably never be sick WITH AIDS.  But she's donating her time and blood for you... You should be supportive... I'm just sayin'...
-D
Boys are Stupid

Offline lydgate

• Virgin, can't drive
Re: I find it hard to believe
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2006, 04:25:40 am »
Hey D,

In all fairness, I think it should be said that you posted the article fairly late on Sunday night; probably very few people who post on these boards have seen it here. I haven't a doubt that Zephyr is going to deluged with good wishes tomorrow.

Just sayin'

Jay

Her finely-touched spirit had still its fine issues, though they were not widely visible. Her full nature, like that river of which Cyrus broke the strength, spent itself in channels which had no great name on the earth. But the effect of her being on those around her was incalculably diffusive: for the growing good of the world is partly dependent on unhistoric acts; and that things are not so ill with you and me as they might have been, is half owing to the number who lived faithfully a hidden life, and rest in unvisited tombs.

George Eliot, Middlemarch, final paragraph

Offline Cliff

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2006, 08:01:23 am »
Danny,

This was not necessary.  Now you know Sunday is always a slow night on Aidsmeds.  I agree with Jay, in that people will see the thread and respond appropriately.  You posted it 5AM (my time) on a Sunday, and I didn't see it until I logged on at Noon (my time), on Monday.  Have some patience.  You San Antonio folks are always in a rush!!!  ::)

Serious Cliff would like to make a comment now about this statement you made....
She is participating in these studies and becoming an activist, not for herself- she's an elite controller.  She'll probably never be sick WITH AIDS.  But she's donating her time and blood for you... You should be supportive... I'm just sayin'...
We should be supportive because she is an Aidsmeds family member, not because she is an elite controller.  I am thankful for lots of people.  People who volunteer to be guinea pigs for drug trials are just as important to the advancement of HIV treatment as are elite controllers/LTNP folks.  No guilt trips mister!  They aren't necessary and they may make people uncomfortable.

Offline DancerBoy

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2006, 09:04:42 am »
Yeah. I've been called out... You're both right.  I apologize... I was drunk posting.... Should avoid the computer when I'm tipsy...
Sorry folks...
-D
Boys are Stupid

Offline david25luvit

• Member since March 2005
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2006, 09:07:38 am »
Danny...

Perhaps you should take a deep breath and let us respond in our own good time.  I dont think you personally respond to every thread written here and we're all a part of the same family.  People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones...  like Cliff ...with that said let me also respond to your thread.

Our Zephyr is much loved and admired here at Aidsmeds.  Her contribution has been and is a great joy to us all.  Irregardless of her unique situation...she is a woman of great heart and compassion and I for one take great pride in saying she is a dear friend...   A very distinquished person to whom I am looking forward to meeting in Montreal.  Thank you Danny for bringing her article to us and perhaps next time you'll give us a chance to respond before lecturing us.  But not to worry...I still love you.  Your family too. :-*
In Memory of
Raymond David McRae III
Nov. 25, 1972- Oct. 15, 2004
I miss him terribly..........

Offline Trish

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2006, 09:34:30 am »
Ooooooo, Danny was drunk. :o  tehehe :D
"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is buit."  Eleanor Roosevelt

Offline david25luvit

• Member since March 2005
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2006, 09:41:06 am »
Drunk?.....well at least that explains it. ::)
In Memory of
Raymond David McRae III
Nov. 25, 1972- Oct. 15, 2004
I miss him terribly..........

Offline DancerBoy

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2006, 11:07:58 am »
What?
  Danny was drunk?!
Never!

;-)
-D
Boys are Stupid

Offline DancerBoy

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2006, 11:13:17 am »
Drunk?.....well at least that explains it. ::)
No David, I'm usually just an asshole...
-D
Boys are Stupid

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2006, 05:14:49 pm »
Danny,

Shame on you! A queen is never "drunk". He's merely "tired and emotional". :-*

MtD

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2006, 05:20:54 pm »
Excuse me.... where's my latte?

(those of you who have seen this comcast commercial will appreciate the humor)

Andrew
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline Eldon

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2006, 06:49:42 pm »
Hello Dancerboy, it is Eldon. I am surprised at you.

Offline zephyr

• Zephyr L.T.N.P. Foundation, Inc.
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2006, 11:57:04 pm »
My Sweet Dancer Boy....

Now don't go worryin' so much baby.....you were just so excited about the newspaper article finally coming out, after we waited so long!!

Folks, please chalk this up to our young'un being over anxious for me..........

It's all good!

Love you,

Zephie :-*
"It is character that communicates most eloquently."

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2006, 11:59:13 pm »
Man, does zephyr inspire a fanbase or what?

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline MoltenStorm

• Poz & Fabulous
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2006, 04:43:08 pm »
You San Antonio folks are always in a rush!!!

HEY!!!

*sticks up for his fellow San Antonian*
"Love is always patient and kind. It is never jealous. Love is never boastful nor conceited. It is never rude or selfish. It does not take offense and is not resentful. Love takes no pleasure in other people's sins, but delights in the truth. It is always ready to excuse, to trust, to hope, and to endure whatever comes." - 1 Corinthians 13:4-7, adaptation in A Walk To Remember

CD4: 555 / 29% / Undetectable - 7 Nov 2006
CD4: 555 / 29% / Undetectable - 5 Feb 2007

Offline Cliff

« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2006, 05:06:00 pm »
Oh no.  Not another one.   ::)  Y'all give the Great State of Texas a bad name.  Well actually y'all and folks from Dallas.  If it wasn't for Houston, Texas probably wouldn't have the respect and admiration it has today!  LOL.

Oh and Danny, what exactly were you drinking?  I am willing to forgive and forget, but only if it was a proper drink....and Lord help you if you say Busch (aka, fermented American cat piss).

Offline MoltenStorm

• Poz & Fabulous
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2006, 05:10:33 pm »
Oh no he didn't...

Them's fightin' words...

Houston is the red-headed stepchild. Dallas, Austin, and San Antonio are the real Texans.

Hehe ;)
"Love is always patient and kind. It is never jealous. Love is never boastful nor conceited. It is never rude or selfish. It does not take offense and is not resentful. Love takes no pleasure in other people's sins, but delights in the truth. It is always ready to excuse, to trust, to hope, and to endure whatever comes." - 1 Corinthians 13:4-7, adaptation in A Walk To Remember

Offline Cliff

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2006, 05:20:26 pm »
OMG.....I know you didn't just trash Houston!  Oh, hell no!!!!

San Antonio ain't nothing but one big military base with a dirty river and a crumbling Alamo.  Remember the Alamo my ass.  Screw the Alamo.  They LOST!!!  Why should we remember that?

Dallas ain't nothing but a bunch of folks with big hair, lots of make-up driving around in big cars.

Austin is full of nothing but a bunch of hippies who are still trying to relive their collegiate days.

Houston is where the job gets done.  Where the working folks live.  Folks who pay the taxes needed to keep this god for saken state from crumbling like the Alamo, or to keep it from turning into a turd infested river walk like that muddy, dog-shit filled creek y'all have the audacity to call a river walk.

Offline pozniceguy

• Niceguy Dallas
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2006, 05:41:58 pm »
Cliff   are you on something??have you been to Houston lately????  like maybe since the big hurricane last year???    It has reverted to the swamp that it was before they dug the ship channel to drain it into the Gulf....  They have more "Freeways" that go around in circles and get nowhere than New Jersey!!  San Antonio, Dallas and Austin have their problems but you obviously haven't seen them lately.   San Antonio has a huge probably the biggest tourist trade in the state..Austin has some of the best housing and high tech business in this country, and Dallas is a very cosmopolitan city with many social and cultural activities....plus a lot of very rich people and of course the Cowboys....

Nick   ...Dallas TX
remember the good times...honor the past but don't live there
Le stelle la notte sono grandie luminose, nel cuore profondo del Texas

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2006, 05:44:50 pm »
Cliff don't forget Enron...that always puts Houston in a good light. If you can see Houston through the air pollution.

Offline MoltenStorm

• Poz & Fabulous
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2006, 05:52:06 pm »
Oh. Yes. I did trash Houston. I will do it some more!  ;D

Houston ain't nothin' but a bunch of self-glorified Louisiannians trying to call themselves Texans.

Furthermore, no Texan would have flown a flag within 20 miles of such "hard workin' folks" as worked at Enron. Oh yeah, y'all surely got the job done there.

Houston is where one gets robbed in broad daylight, screwed over for every penny you have, and they have the audacity to call themselves Texans.

Now, Dallas, Austin, and San Antonio are what keep this State running. Good cities where one can know that their hard earned money isn't going to be swindled away from them by some Houston-born, bloodsucking white-collar.

The Alamo gave you lazy-assed biotches time to get your asses into shape, so you better be damned sure you remember who saved your asses from Santa Anna - even if your city is here by the rest our good graces. Without the Alamo, you'd have been a pathetic smear on the swords of Santa Anna's army.

We call it the Riverwalk because you outsiders think it's something special. We San Antonians couldn't care less.

Offline Cliff

« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2006, 06:58:22 pm »
1.  Only NYC has more corporate headquarters than Houston. (and only beats the city by 1 company, despite having a population like 8 times as large).
2.  More freeways, but we like it that way.
3.  The largest bankruptcy in history of the US, and the city still managed to have a higher job growth rate than every other major city in the US.
4.  1 out of 8 households have a net worth of $1 million+
6.  The largest concentration of healthcare/research/biomedical facilities (Texas Medical center) in the entire world.
7.  A city with no majority of any race and yet no racial strife like other big cities.
8.  A threatre district that ranks second only to NYC in terms of size and scale
9.  The city's GDP alone, beats out all but 28 nations (on par with Austria)
10.  The first major city in Texas to have a woman and a black mayor.
11.  The energy captial of the world....keep paying at the pump biotches, it all goes to Houston!!!!!!!!!

Shake the haters off....

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2006, 07:09:18 pm »
....and home to George and Barbara. :P

Offline MoltenStorm

• Poz & Fabulous
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2006, 07:40:44 pm »
You can take pictures of a landfill and make it look appeasing depending upon angle, time, etc. Pictures do not prove much.

Your data is from what source and at what date? An individual research company that is not based in Houston or tied directly to it?

It's comparing itself to Los Angeles now? Oh you do have some nerve.

Offline MoltenStorm

• Poz & Fabulous
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2006, 08:15:47 pm »
Also, if ANY city is going to be compared to NYC in the theatre department, it certainly is NOT Houston. That would be London, UK.

Another prime example of how Houston likes to toot it's on undeserving horn. ;)

Offline Cliff

« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2006, 08:42:47 pm »
....and home to George and Barbara. :P
...well for only a few months out of the year and then that wrinkled old hag and her precious pearls move back up North where they belong.

And Molten....yes London has a bigger theatre district than Houston.  But then again, I was only comparing US cities, which last time I checked, London was not one of them.   ::)  Oh boy, I didn't realize how bad the schools in San Antonio had become.

Just kidding!!!

San Antonio is okay.  It's no Houston, but it's okay.  My ex did his residency at UTMB, so I spent quite a bit of time in San Antonio, (I was living and going to school in Austin at the time).  We both hated it.  It was soooooo boring.  The only plus was that it was only about an hour or so from Austin, so it made our commutes bareable, (which was why he chose it...as opposed to Houston or Dallas, which were about 3 hours away).  I could never live in Dallas.  I hate that city with a passion.

Offline Eldon

« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2006, 10:30:23 pm »
And Houston has the lead...

Offline MoltenStorm

• Poz & Fabulous
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2006, 11:58:02 pm »
*chuckle* Good friendly debates are always fun.  :P

Offline Eldon

« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2006, 12:26:00 am »
Indeed they are Molten.

Offline jeffreyh

« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2006, 05:29:38 pm »
I don't like to keep this off topic thread going, but you guys should all count yourselves lucky.  I grew up in Oklahoma City, OK where life is really boring!  Oh well, it's home.  I live in San Antonio now because my kids are here.  Actually, San Antonio isn't that bad (would be much better if they could actually finish building a freeway in less than ...30 YEARS!), Austin is cooler (not temperature wise), Dallas is more cosmopolitan and Houston is a huge swamp (cool pictures though).  Personally, if I could afford it and didn't have little ones tying me down, I'd much rather be in California!!!

There's my two cents.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day and let's all be glad we don't have bombs flying over our heads like in many parts of the world.

-Jeffrey H.
Jeffrey H.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.