Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:01:26 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773220
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 716
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 601
Total: 602

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: HIV associated neurocognitive disorder  (Read 22004 times)

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
HIV associated neurocognitive disorder
« on: June 05, 2014, 11:21:40 am »
They used to call it AIDS Dementia now it's called HaND. Has anyone any personal experience of this?

Don't point me at some lesson. I really hate that. >:(

MtD
(Who lives in the hearts of all the faithful)

Offline mitch777

Re: HIV associated neurocognitive disorder
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2014, 11:55:16 am »
Not sure if this helps but there was a discussion about HAND here last fall.

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=50623.msg607256#msg607256
33 years hiv+ with a curtsy.

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2014, 12:29:10 pm »
A close friend of mine was diagnosed with this several months ago by the Powers That Be at John Hopkins Center For AIDS Research. I think it's the new catch-all quasi-diagnosis for you folks that go on and on about "AIDS fog" -- kind of like when they exhaust ruling out any other possibilities you get this label. Full-on AIDS dementia is a subset and most intense of three categories of HAND.

He still drives and gets along fine on his own, but he says he has really bad memory issues and traces it back about 8 years, but steadily worsening. He has to write notes for everything, and in greater and greater detail because he often looks at notes from a phone conversation and can't remember much of it if it's not completely written out. So it seems to be progressing. He also has the accompanying long-term neuropathy in his feet.

However, from my side I only notice things a little bit. I've known him well for these same 8 years and he seems basically the same to me. Maybe a bit more edgy and hyper during conversation.

He's been infected for ~30 years and never got his cd4 count above 300 until rather recently, so basically long-term compromised immune system even if HAART for him has been successful for 8 years. But he was detectable because of resistance issue the balance of those years, so I expect much long-term damage comes from that.

On the plus side I'm sure I'll end up getting this at some point. Hope not, but won't be surprise either.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline wolfter

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2014, 01:20:54 pm »
I believe my doctor simply referred to my whacked brain as neurocognitive disorder.  I guess they have to call it something when they don't have an exact answer?  We'll all soon be referrred to as the geriatric AIDS generation.  ;)  I wonder how that'll work out if we fail to disclose because we failed to remember our status?   HMMMM 
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline mitch777

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2014, 04:54:33 pm »
A close friend of mine was diagnosed with this several months ago by the Powers That Be at John Hopkins Center For AIDS Research. I think it's the new catch-all quasi-diagnosis for you folks that go on and on about "AIDS fog" -- kind of like when they exhaust ruling out any other possibilities you get this label. Full-on AIDS dementia is a subset and most intense of three categories of HAND.

He still drives and gets along fine on his own, but he says he has really bad memory issues and traces it back about 8 years, but steadily worsening. He has to write notes for everything, and in greater and greater detail because he often looks at notes from a phone conversation and can't remember much of it if it's not completely written out. So it seems to be progressing. He also has the accompanying long-term neuropathy in his feet.

However, from my side I only notice things a little bit. I've known him well for these same 8 years and he seems basically the same to me. Maybe a bit more edgy and hyper during conversation.

He's been infected for ~30 years and never got his cd4 count above 300 until rather recently, so basically long-term compromised immune system even if HAART for him has been successful for 8 years. But he was detectable because of resistance issue the balance of those years, so I expect much long-term damage comes from that.

On the plus side I'm sure I'll end up getting this at some point. Hope not, but won't be surprise either.

Sounds much like my experience other than the low cd4 count and resistance issues.

I might suggest that you don't notice much of a difference because it's difficult to see within another's fucked up mind. I sometimes tend to shy away from people when I'm not up to "keeping up" with conversations, including posting here, although often I just don't really care if I appear to be a bit dizzy.

I know my ability to function has been slipping. It gets frustrating but if I focus on it it just gets me depressed. Better to go with the flow I guess and hope others understand. If not, oh well.
33 years hiv+ with a curtsy.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2014, 08:07:58 pm »
Remembering how my cognitive function use to be makes me feel I am locked in a prison that I can't get out of.  It's like looking out of a jail cell or as if I were dead when I remember my past cognitively functional healthy life.  I remember looking at these forums long before I was diagnosed and had a fear in the back of my head, that I didn't listen too.  I am feeling very down and regretful right now so excuse me for this post, sorry :(

First off ... Welcome back Matty .

Tryingtostay ... please return to your first post thread if you want to discuss your own issues THAT HAVE NOTHING TO WITH HIV . please do not hijack this thread any further .
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 08:13:28 pm by Jeff G »
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2014, 05:11:13 am »

Tryingtostay ... please return to your first post thread if you want to discuss your own issues THAT HAVE NOTHING TO WITH HIV . please do not hijack this thread any further .

I removed Trying's posts and put them in his original thread over in Just Tested.

Trying - DO NOT post in this thread again. Your issues have nothing to do with HAND or hiv. All of them can be attributed to stress and anxiety, but you don't want to hear that or investigate it properly.

Matty, I'm sorry to hear you're going through this. How are you otherwise?

I still experience varying amounts of brain-fog. I think it's a combination of a history of nearly 20 years of untreated hep C, the hep C treatment (during which my brain-fog was a pea-souper), plus possibly having untreated hiv for fifteen years. And I'm not getting any younger, so there's that too. Who knows what causes which of my issues - I sure don't. :-\

What has Frau Eva said about it?

Nice to see you posting again, btw. :)
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2014, 07:29:28 am »
To be honest it's horrible and I'm scared.  :(

This is my forth attempt at posting this cunting fucker of a thing.

I have the dumb.

Things just don't seem to be the same anymore. I'm slow. I can't find my
words. I get frustrated and angry very quickly.

So not much change really. :)

Ooooh! That reminds me, I has a pictar!

I fell over. :(

MtD

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2014, 07:34:35 am »
Matty ... I'm so very sorry you find yourself dealing with this ... Im much to upset to say much more . Hugs .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2014, 07:46:39 am »
Babe, it is what it is.

I don't have my words anymore but I have my other skills. Currently I'm running a political campaign for a very good candidate. I'm a not a drooling vegetable.

But y'know.

Thank you and Ann for making that dickhead go away.

HAND is weird. Of all the things I thought would get me, it's not dementia.

Also aren't we approaching the anniversary of Daddy Tim's death? Must be 4 years or so.

So many dead. My heart aches. I love you.

MtD

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2014, 07:47:50 am »
I love you too Matty ... very much .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2014, 07:50:07 am »

And thank you darling, it takes a little while to read lots of long stuff.

I love you best of all. I mean that. I'm not being a smartarse.

:-*

MtD

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2014, 08:05:31 am »
When I asked you for an update, I wasn't quite ready for this. This will bring on a major cry. I am glad you're still involved in your life's passion, politics. Is your family able to lend a hand? I'm here all the time and available to Skype if you feel the need or desire to wander down memory lane. Last but not least you must love Miss P second best of all. ;)

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2014, 08:08:56 am »

I love you best of all. I mean that. I'm not being a smartarse.

Oh no -- now I know that your mind is royally fucked. As always, I do miss your loving presence.

So was that horrible tumble that ruined your visage from neuropathy/balance issues? You've definitely lost a substantial amount of weight since I last saw a picture of you. Take care and nourish yourself while all of this stressful BS is going on, easier said than done for those of us that live by ourselves and don't have the help of a doting partner.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2014, 08:13:18 am »
When I asked you for an update, I wasn't quite ready for this. This will bring on a major cry. I am glad you're still involved in your life's passion, politics. Is your family able to lend a hand? I'm here all the time and available to Skype if you feel the need or desire to wander down memory lane. Last but not least you must love Miss P second best of all. ;)

Doll, you're beyond my love. You dwell in the centre of the circle of my regard.

As with the Bucko and her Annship I love you so much it hurts.

MtD

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2014, 08:25:09 am »
Oh no -- now I know that your mind is royally fucked. As always, I do miss your loving presence.

So was that horrible tumble that ruined your visage from neuropathy/balance issues? You've definitely lost a substantial amount of weight since I last saw a picture of you. Take care and nourish yourself while all of this stressful BS is going on, easier said than done for those of us that live by ourselves and don't have the help of a doting partner.

I'd love to say it was some neurofaggotopathy thing but let's be honest.

I was utterly munted.

As you noted I've lost a kilo or two. Actually I've shed 50 kilos. In February 2013 I weighed 121 Kg. By November 2013 I weighed in at 80 kgs.

Today I weigh 71 Kgs.

And yes bitches, I have a six pack.  :o But my problem is that I still drink like I'm a large lass.

In fact I still drink like I'm Goderator Ann.

So where I could put away 22 schooners in a night now I might be able to cope with 9.

Such is the life of an Aussie piss-pot.

MtD

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2014, 08:40:09 am »

As you noted I've lost a kilo or two. Actually I've shed 50 kilos. In February 2013 I weighed 121 Kg. By November 2013 I weighed in at 80 kgs.

Today I weigh 71 Kgs.

So basically, for our American readers, you went from 266 lbs to 156 in a little over a year. I will assume this wasn't from either a Lady Di Purge Program or Duchess of York Weight Watchers transformation and that you've been diagnosed with HIV-related wasting as well?

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2014, 10:14:37 am »
So basically, for our American readers, you went from 266 lbs to 156 in a little over a year. I will assume this wasn't from either a Lady Di Purge Program or Duchess of York Weight Watchers transformation and that you've been diagnosed with HIV-related wasting as well?

Do I look wasted to you?

MtD

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2014, 10:22:47 am »
Matty!  Damn I miss you!  What happened to your head (the obvious injury, not the inside)?

I'm so sorry you're dealing with HAND.  I've been diagnosed, but with a minor case.  I know how intelligent you are, so cannot imagine how things are changing and how you are feeling. 

But know, I love you.  Always have, always will.  I've got skype installed on this laptop, if you need a talk sometime.   I'm in the middle of trying to get things sorted through and packed for moving, but I'm available, to you. Luv you Damned One.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2014, 10:31:28 am »
Matty!  Damn I miss you!  What happened to your head (the obvious injury, not the inside)?

I'm so sorry you're dealing with HAND.  I've been diagnosed, but with a minor case.  I know how intelligent you are, so cannot imagine how things are changing and how you are feeling. 

But know, I love you.  Always have, always will.  I've got skype installed on this laptop, if you need a talk sometime.   I'm in the middle of trying to get things sorted through and packed for moving, but I'm available, to you. Luv you Damned One.

Lady Tacy!

There's not a lot to say. I got bladdered and fell over on the stagger home.

Well bladdered is not the right term. I got absolutely fucking legless. I mean too fucked up to spew. I woke up in the middle of the road. They had to pick the gravel out of my head.

BEST NIGHT OUT EVER!

Also my pubes are nowhere near as ginger as that photo suggests. But my knob does hang somewhere around my knees. I would have shown all but then y'all wouldn't have the blessing of my pretty face!

And we can't have that, can we?

MtD

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2014, 10:32:40 am »
You look bushed .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2014, 10:50:44 am »
When did you adopt this new white supremacist look? You'd fit in well with one of those militia camps in Idaho.

also, cocks
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 10:55:22 am by Miss Philicia »

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2014, 10:55:36 am »
You look bushed .

I make no apologies for having a generous thatch. I've never shaved a thing below my chin.

As is plainly obvious. I am working at a Dworkin level of hirsuitness.

When did you adopt this new white supremacist look? You'd fit in well with one of those militia camps in Idaho.

I might have dementia but clearly you wouldn't know if a bus was up you until the passengers started to alight. Do you not recall my mighty mohawk of some weeks back?

Really, I don't know why I make the effort.

MtD

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2014, 11:14:04 am »
I remember your mohawk when you were on the Telly awhile back. What does Frau Eva make of all this? Dear God that's a giant briar patch you're sporting.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2014, 11:35:46 am »
I remember your mohawk when you were on the Telly awhile back. What does Frau Eva make of all this? Dear God that's a giant briar patch you're sporting.

Frau Eva is amazing. No matter how bad things are or how much trouble I get myself into she always helps me out of the poo.

Awesome thatch or not, I'd be fucked without her.

Speaking of the the crotch jungle, we've had word that some intrepid Canadian outdoor types have attempted to rapell up the north face of the shaft.

We hold grave fears for their safety.  :(

MtD

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2014, 12:19:25 pm »
I think I've figured out why Ms. Ginger Snatch lost all that weight. She's working for coin.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2014, 01:00:08 pm »
ew, she bad

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2014, 01:33:53 pm »
I think I've figured out why Ms. Ginger Snatch lost all that weight. She's working for coin.

Get fucked, you old bald cunt.

MtD

Offline Growler

« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2014, 01:46:56 pm »
I had my recent neuro testing and its progressing. they wanted to put me under a guardianship from the results. I eat at the local homeless shelter so I don't burn down my flat, kept forgetting the turn off the stove...my nurse said I was looking after myself so they delayed the guardianship and test again in 6 months. Matty are you in NSW? If so I can findout the number for the HIV agency who do my testing and follow up with nurse visits, they operate state wide. ADAPTs is I think what they called and they are excellent in this area.
Growler (Joe)
“If loving someone is putting them in a straitjacket and kicking them down a flight of stairs, then yes, I have loved a few people.”

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2014, 01:59:24 pm »
I had my recent neuro testing and its progressing. they wanted to put me under a guardianship from the results. I eat at the local homeless shelter so I don't burn down my flat, kept forgetting the turn off the stove...my nurse said I was looking after myself so they delayed the guardianship and test again in 6 months. Matty are you in NSW? If so I can findout the number for the HIV agency who do my testing and follow up with nurse visits, they operate state wide. ADAPTs is I think what they called and they are excellent in this area.
Growler (Joe)

Yeah Joe I'm in NSW.

I'm sorry you're unwell. I'll send you my details by PM in the next few hours. I just have to have a bijou kip.

Hang in there sweetie.

MtD

Offline Growler

« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2014, 02:14:55 pm »
I just ate 3 ice creams at 3:30 in the morning at then threw them up...yuck...lesson don't eat ice cream for breakfast! To clarify the ADAPTs, they specialize in HIV neuro and Psych and operate NSW wide. They have neuro testers that do testing and work with your Dr. BTW best neuro Dr in Australia is Proffesor Brew (St Vincents Sydney)...he wrote the textbook on this stuff, literally! He's my Dr and well worth getting a referral for. I'll call my nurse Monday and ask her the best way for you to make contact with ADAPTs.
“If loving someone is putting them in a straitjacket and kicking them down a flight of stairs, then yes, I have loved a few people.”

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2014, 07:41:08 pm »
I just ate 3 ice creams at 3:30 in the morning at then threw them up...yuck...lesson don't eat ice cream for breakfast! To clarify the ADAPTs, they specialize in HIV neuro and Psych and operate NSW wide. They have neuro testers that do testing and work with your Dr. BTW best neuro Dr in Australia is Proffesor Brew (St Vincents Sydney)...he wrote the textbook on this stuff, literally! He's my Dr and well worth getting a referral for. I'll call my nurse Monday and ask her the best way for you to make contact with ADAPTs.

Hi Growlie!

My case has been reviewed by Professor Brew and he's content to wait and see for the moment. I'm under the care of Professor Simon Hawke who has some experience of HIV/AIDS.

Michelle from the AIDS Dementia mob did NP testing on me back in April and we now know just how fucked in the head I am. Isn't she lovely? She came all the way to Boolaboolabongbong just to do the tests on me. My word, they take a while.

They were going to do a lumbar puncture but Professor Hawke thinks it's not necessary for now. I should also have a MRI but I suffer from terrible claustrophobia and would have to have a general anaesthetic to get in the machine and it's apparently not worth the effort at this stage.

Michelle is going to redo the NP testing in 6 months and if they want me to have a lumbar puncture Professor Brew will do it at St Vincents.

I've PM'd you my contact details. We should do lunch!

MtD

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2014, 03:39:33 pm »
My dearest Damned One, welcome back.  It's been too long, so I'm glad your back, but not for the reason that brought you back.  I have more, but this has been an exceptionally shit week for me and all I can offer right now is a rose.

"Pray for whrilled peas"

Joe

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2014, 03:45:50 pm »
My dearest Damned One, welcome back.  It's been too long, so I'm glad your back, but not for the reason that brought you back.  I have more, but this has been an exceptionally shit week for me and all I can offer right now is a rose.

"Pray for whrilled peas"

Joe

Wait, what? Are you Killfoile?

MtD

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2014, 04:12:49 pm »
Wait, what? Are you Killfoile?

MtD

See, you're not crazy. They actually made Joe a mod. :o

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2014, 04:14:33 pm »
See, you're not crazy. They actually made Joe a mod. :o

Guilty as charged.   8)

Joe

Offline bocker3

• You gotta enjoy life......
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2014, 04:34:54 pm »
Oh dear brother Damned One....

I am sorry to hear about your issues -- but (to be selfish a moment), so glad to see you posting again -- dense thatch and all!!  It's been dreadful being left alone with these heathens.......  Not to mention that no one lobs the "cunt" word around with your panache.......

Hugs,
Mike

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2014, 06:02:08 am »

Ooooh! That reminds me, I has a pictar!

I fell over. :(

I'd love to say it was some neurofaggotopathy thing but let's be honest.

I was utterly munted.

And yes bitches, I have a six pack.  :o But my problem is that I still drink like I'm a large lass.

In fact I still drink like I'm Goderator Ann.

So where I could put away 22 schooners in a night now I might be able to cope with 9.

Such is the life of an Aussie piss-pot.

Last time I pulled a stunt like that I was wearing glasses so not only did I have a sliced and diced eyebrow like yours, I also had a black eye from the frame hitting my upper cheekbone. Miraculously, the glasses were relatively unscathed. I believe you've seen the pictar.

But I can't drink like that either these days. I go for weeks and sometimes months between sessions - if nothing else, it's become too damn expensive to go out to the pub very often and I don't drink in the house. Besides, I get far too pissed far too easily and to avoid embarrassment, I just don't bother.

I'm not sure if my new-found inability to hold my licker (ha - by the ears, natch) stems from being on meds or getting old, or both. All I know is that in the past two years (since I started meds), I'm a damn cheap date. I don't miss it so I don't care.

And lately I've been plagued by migraines again - hence my spotty presence here in recent weeks. Sumatriptan isn't working as well as it used to and I have to wonder if maybe my other meds necessitate a higher dose of the Suma. I'm seeing the Wizard of Poz on Tuesday so it's only my list of aidsy concerns for him.

But more importantly, back to you.... why did you get rid of the mohawk!?!?!? It was bad enough when you got rid of your long, luscious locks, but you redeemed yourself with the mohawk. And now it's gone. I despair.  :-\ 

As for the inside of your head, could your bout with neurosyphilis have anything to do with it? When was the last time you had your titres checked? I understand you're in good hands clinically, so hopefully they've thought of that too and have already investigated.

Other than that, I got nothin'. I'm keeping you in my daily anxieties, as always.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2014, 08:24:50 am »
I rather like his peeled cut and have always admired a man who can take a licking and keep on ticking . 
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2014, 04:29:40 pm »
MATTY !!  ***runs across a field of fragrant lavender, in a filmy white gown, to embrace you***

As we say here in lower Podunk, "I shore have missed you, darlin' "

Here we are, with our dementias all hanging out....it's downright VULGAR.

LOVE YOU !!!!

Alan

"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2014, 08:49:12 am »
Fuck. Too many words. I'm not even going to try and read all this boring shit.

Josephus, Daddy Tim would be appalled at you taking the poison. Except of course that he wanted to be a Goderator more than anything else.

In all seriousness, congrats -- you'll do fine in the role. I love you dearly. You truly are the Great Old One.

You know what I mean. :)

Alan. I love you more than life itself. Check your PMs.  :-*

Ann, pull your finger out of your minge and get onto Skype you trollop. Are you really that lazy you can't click [OK]?

As for the rest of you, I hope each and everyone of you get the worst arse cancer Tony Perkin's angry God can devise.

I hate you all.

MtD

Offline alberche

• a distancia del mundo incierto, saludo mi suerte
« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2014, 05:07:40 pm »
Oh Matty I am sorry to know you are passing thru such a bad situation. I have been on a very low mood all this time too, with lots of economical problems and vertigo and dizziness episodes, I have also kinda ear problems, related with vertigo and a moderate audition loss, and have passed for two anal epithelial displasyas due to HPV, with two minor surgeries. Also, I have lost my job and my two cats died, all this during this last year. So, it has clearly been my "annus horribilis". I know also about other colleagues passing through depression or low mood episodes, it seems to be more and more common with the passing of time, or maybe now everyone is more concerned about and cases are easily and rapidly diagnosed, who knows?

I have commented my doc that sometimes I have memory loss episodes. It becomes diffcult to recall words, expressions or names. I have to make efforts and they come and pop up in my mind a few minutes after. Sometimes it is embarrassing, and when I still had my job, even more.

Well, I hope I will improve when all my non HIV related problems do. But the result of all this, so far, is that I have become a sad person, spending days and days alone, at home.

On the positive side, I am watching more movies than ever on TV, and also started to write some poems. And when I do, I feel better.

I hope things will improve for you, take care mate!, and take it day by day.

Big hugs!!!

:-)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 05:26:35 pm by alberche »
love is blindness...  a wonderful song!

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.