Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:08:19 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772945
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 375
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 339
Total: 340

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Virgin Birth Debunked (for you studio 60 fans)  (Read 6819 times)

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
Virgin Birth Debunked (for you studio 60 fans)
« on: December 05, 2006, 11:38:18 am »
Anyone watch Studio 60 last night?  I thought the scenes with them debunking Christmas were hysterical and it got me reading!!!  Just some fun little notes to tuck away to piss off the religious right!

Here is the first one ive found.

http://www.sullivan-county.com/identity/prophecy.htm
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline jack

• fomerly the loser known as Jake
Re: Virgin Birth Debunked (for you studio 60 fans)
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2006, 06:26:08 pm »
the show sucks. At least in West Wing they tried to give both sides of every issue. Tried to watch it last night,but only made it through the first 15 minutes. Sad,cause I like the two leads, but everyone else is very weak and the writing is very tired. The weekly attacks on Christiananity have become very very tedious. I guess it might be better if someone on the show was funny, it is about a comedy show. Network has decided not to cancel it after dumping it once,even though ratings are in bottom of barrel. I dont understand why the stopped the West Wing, Jimmy Smitts was gonna be awesome and it was just good.
 Heroes was very good as usual.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2006, 07:46:19 pm »
I didn't see the show in question, but I did want to say this:

I get very weary of the cry to 'be fair' in making arguments with Christianity.  And if weekly attacks against Christianity are becoming very, very tedious....well, as a gay man, I have yet to be made aware of them taking a week off from attacking us.  And when have their arguments against me ever been 'fair'?  They get away with completely unsubstantiated claims based on a belief system featuring virgin births, raising the dead, walking on water and  (dare I say it?) God knows what else...but we have to constantly fight to simply justify our existence to them or somehow prove why we deserve to be respected.  How can we ever be expected to win such a real world fight when theirs is the only side allowed to make arguments based on the supernatural?  It has puzzled, saddened and infuriated me all of my life.

~+

God wants goodness
God wants light
God wants mayhem
God wants a clean fight

What God wants, God gets.
God help us all.

-Roger Waters
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Robert

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2006, 11:28:41 pm »
I love the show.  I've watched it from the beginning.  BOth leads are great.  And jake what do you mean attacks on christiananity?  One of the co-stars is a "Born Again" and proud of it. 

It's a lot like West Wing.  You have to listen closely.  Fortunatley I have Closed Caption on my TV so I can read it as well as listen.  That helps a lot.

And I loved last night's show about debunking myths.

robert

Offline jack

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2006, 07:31:22 am »
I havent seen any nightly network television shows depicting homosexuals as demons or sinners or idiots. Yet this show ridicules christians and conservatives in every episode I have seen. I liked the WEst Wing because it ridiculed both sides. It would OK if it was humorous but it isn't. Humor is a great way to get a point across,this show isnt humorous. I dont view the show as entertainment,its almost as boring as the cable shows on each night.

Offline alisenjafi

• They say HIV comes from monkeys!
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2006, 07:56:18 am »
I saw one  show and one of the key players was a christian who made a statement that homosexuality-was a sin. She had to wrestle with her beliefs and the pro human rights stance- yes because this is about human rights.
Except for that one show I couldn't find any humor in the show and agree with Jack.
Saying that it wasn't into the end of Will & Grace that they decided to let Will have a b/f. I think it was a funny show mostly because of Karen. And except for the kiss between Jack and Will I thought it was representing gay life as much as the Honeymooners  represented working class misogynist married life.
Btw there was a Persian myth Mithras who was very popular with Roman soldiers around 1 AD.  Much of this deity was incorporated into the myth of JC.

What I find amusing about this link is the guy is debunking it in a way defending Judaism.  I have seen other sites where Christians poor over other groups religious text and dismantle others beliefs without realizing the same  can be said about their book.
This must be in the either because julia sweeney was on talking about her show "Letting Go Of god
J
Keep the faith - )
"You shut your mouth
how can you say
I go about things the wrong way
I am human and I need to be loved
just like everybody else does"
The Smiths

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2006, 08:03:20 am »
I havent seen any nightly network television shows depicting homosexuals as demons or sinners or idiots. Yet this show ridicules christians and conservatives in every episode I have seen. I liked the WEst Wing because it ridiculed both sides. It would OK if it was humorous but it isn't. Humor is a great way to get a point across,this show isnt humorous. I dont view the show as entertainment,its almost as boring as the cable shows on each night.

Hey Jake, if you christians and conservatives did not offer up so much material (can you say Ted Haggard) we wouldn't be able to ridicule you. That one was a twofer.

You are so right Jake, television has never stereotyped homosexuals.

Remember to tell your conservative, christian, friends we don't mean them any harm. Remember, your little "gift" got you kicked out of their club too. Ironic, you have to turn to the ones your christian and conservative loathe so.

Wally Cox for president

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline jack

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2006, 08:12:53 am »
I know i am getting off topic here but my favorite Christianity thing, and I am a Christian, is the way Jesus is depicted. He always appears to be an Anglo or maybe from Northern Italy. The dude was born in the middle east!!!! He probably looked a lot more like Osama Bin Laden than the person I see on the cross everyday. Holly shit,what if they got body size wrong too? Maybe he looked like the mass murderer Arafat or that midget running Iran?
 Give him a little tan and darker hair and it might sell better. Hell, he  might have been black! Now that would really fuck up some of the retards on my side.

Offline jack

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2006, 08:22:28 am »
Television stereotypes everyone. No one is spared. I am talking about ridicule.  The cool people on the show repeatedly ridicule and attack Christianity, on the shows I saw early in the season. I am sorry but I know of no conservative or liberals, who think its funny to ridicule any group in such a condescending manner. There are ways to get the point across and still be funny,this show fails to do that.
I haven't been kicked out of any clubs. I did quit my Country Club because of my physical appearance and since I don't drink anymore.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2006, 08:31:18 am »
Television stereotypes everyone. No one is spared. I am talking about ridicule.  The cool people on the show repeatedly ridicule and attack Christianity, on the shows I saw early in the season. I am sorry but I know of no conservative or liberals, who think its funny to ridicule any group in such a condescending manner. There are ways to get the point across and still be funny,this show fails to do that.
I haven't been kicked out of any clubs. I did quit my Country Club because of my physical appearance and since I don't drink anymore.

Hey Jake what was that? It was my message sailing right over your head. Is it possible for the retards on your side to be any more f#%ked-up? This may help...tell 'em a big, beautiful, black, brother died for their pasty white sins. Booya!

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: December 06, 2006, 08:42:30 am by Dachshund »

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2006, 11:44:38 am »
Just the kind of turmoil I love... Muhahahahahahahahaha!!!!

I lOVE the fact they make fun of the republicans, conservatives and the christians!  Its ok for things NOT to be balanced all the time.  It has been SERIOUSLY unbalanced for almost 7 years now.

I think they are poking fun at the way the world IS.  And I find the show HYSTERICAL!  Jack, I fully expected you not to get it.  You've drank WAY to much of the kool aid my friend.

By the way, can anyone point me to some serious christianity debunking sites?  I love the turmoil I can cause with my friends!!
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline jack

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2006, 03:06:00 pm »
but the world isn't that way. You must have an unusual sense of humor. This show is one of the lowest rated shows on Television. Its so bad it was almost cancelled. Seinfeld was almost cancelled too, so maybe these guys will improve the writing. Its almost as bad as CSI miami.
Of course it is up against LandOrder SVU.
You are looking for a Christian debunking site? Pick up any US newspaper or turn on the TV.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2006, 04:16:40 pm »
One of the best shows to lambast the right is the Simpson's. Guess what network carries that show? Why your very own right wing media machine Jake, Fox. You conservative, christian, suckers are getting played. It's always the same with conservatives...money over morals. Make sure you by that Liberty Bell silver dollar minted by the Franklin Mint. You know they advertise right after Homer has made fun of the hypocrisy of the right.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2006, 07:30:44 pm »
Damn Dach, that black Jesus looks good. I would do him on a cross, in a tomb, on the supper table, on my broom (pagan here)...... ;D... I'll buy a vowel for $200, Pat...and solve the puzzle...I guess I'm going to club hell...ding ding ding ding.... ;D
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2006, 09:29:05 pm »
I know i am getting off topic here but my favorite Christianity thing, and I am a Christian, is the way Jesus is depicted. He always appears to be an Anglo or maybe from Northern Italy. The dude was born in the middle east!!!! He probably looked a lot more like Osama Bin Laden than the person I see on the cross everyday. Holly shit,what if they got body size wrong too? Maybe he looked like the mass murderer Arafat or that midget running Iran?
 Give him a little tan and darker hair and it might sell better. Hell, he  might have been black! Now that would really fuck up some of the retards on my side.

funny u should say that, jack!  here...from betty bowers

http://www.bettybowers.com/fbi.html

praise!
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.