Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 08:42:04 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773292
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 677
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 650
Total: 652

Author Topic: YOUNG WOMAN LIVING WITH HIV  (Read 5983 times)

Offline anonyme2022

• Standard
YOUNG WOMAN LIVING WITH HIV
« on: May 21, 2023, 08:31:19 am »
Hello, I’m a woman living with hiv. I’m undetectable and had protected sex with a guy. We started having sex in March (always protected). I did missed 4 doses of biktarvy due to a delay on my refill. But as soon as I received my meds I started it. But one time( in April) , the condom slipped off ( I’m not sure if that was during withdrawal )but he immediately stopped and the condom was still inside me (sticking out ,not totally inside). A few days after ( like 1 week and few days), he started feeling really ill, vomiting, severe sore throat and fever. Also he said couldn’t breathe at night . And it’s the first time he feel sick like this. I told him everything last night and disclosed my hiv status to him…is there a possible that I transmitted it to him?

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
Re: YOUNG WOMAN LIVING WITH HIV
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2023, 08:40:09 am »
Hiya,

A few days after ( like 1 week and few days), he started feeling really ill, vomiting, severe sore throat and fever. Also he said couldn’t breathe at night .

Nothing to do with HIV from the condom concern a few days earlier.

I told him everything last night and disclosed my hiv status to him…is there a possible that I transmitted it to him?

Not from you or the activities posted here.

HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline anonyme2022

• Standard
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2023, 09:01:15 am »
Hiya,

Nothing to do with HIV from the condom concern a few days earlier.

Not from you or the activities posted here.

Thank you for the fast reply. I was so anxious. He will do his test Monday. It is possible that me missing 4 doses of Biktarvy make me detectable again? For my last lab results my viral load is below 20. So I was sure that I couldn’t transmit it to him please we had protected sex all the tome except from the time when the condom slipped off. And him getting sick ( early symptoms of hiv that I read ). Sorry to bother you with all my questions but I really like this guy. And I thought I did my best to protect him.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2023, 12:13:55 pm »
I'll say it again, he didn't aquire HIV from the concerned activities posted here, regardless of your viral load.

As for missing four dosages and your viral load, it's best avoided, so if possible, refill any prescriptions a few days early each time so you build up a little bit of stock over time. Its highly unlikely though to have caused any blip the viral load in your bloods let alone above 200 copies or in the genital fluids.

Keep taking your meds and relax.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2023, 12:16:54 pm by Jim Allen »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline anonyme2022

• Standard
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2023, 06:34:55 pm »
First thank you very much for taking your time to reply. I’m sorry for all the questions I’m asking.

I'll say it again, he didn't aquire HIV from the concerned activities posted here, regardless of your viral load.

(Sorry to bother you again, but by employing “he didn’t acquire “ means that you think that he has hiv?

As for missing four dosages and your viral load, it's best avoided, so if possible, refill any prescriptions a few days early each time so you build up a little bit of stock over time. Its highly unlikely though to have caused any blip the viral load in your bloods let alone above 200 copies or in the genital fluids.

Keep taking your meds and relax.

So missing 4 doses didn’t make me detectable again? I learned the lesson and I started doing what you said to build up a stock. We also did an OraQuick test (even though they ask for 3month, the condom slipping off was 1 month ago). The test came back negative and he’s supposed to do the blood test tomorrow ( Monday)

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2023, 09:42:19 pm »
Like I said, these four dosages are highly unlikely to have caused any blip the viral load in your bloods let alone above 200 copies or in the genital fluids.

HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2023, 06:09:18 am »
(Sorry to bother you again, but by employing “he didn’t acquire “ means that you think that he has hiv?
While I understand you may be worried, "he did not acquire" means he did NOT get infected with HIV by the activities you described. His symptoms are related to something else, so make sure he contacts his doctor to determine what he is sick with if he doesn't get better. Those symptoms are more likely related to COVID or the flu that is being spread around.

Make sure your boyfriend understands about U=U (undetectable equals untransmittable) (https://www.niaid.nih.gov/diseases-conditions/treatment-prevention). That should help you both have a better peace of mind if the situation would happen again. And make the suggestion to your boyfriend that next time he should hold onto the condom when pulling out to avoid this kind of situation completely and needlessly worrying the both of you. ;)
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.