Main Forums > I Just Tested Poz

48 million viral load during acute hiv with fever and moderate flu like illness

(1/36) > >>

gpapadop91:
Hey there.
I'm with you
Infected by a transgender while she came and a small drop fell into my eye. Reading and asking on some other forum here I was told because of air inactive hiv will not infect me.
So after 3 weeks , seroconversion illness.
Also diagnosed with  with past CMV illness with IgG antibodies.

Generally last 10 years I had small low white blood cell count

So when diagnosed I had 48millions viral load VL
Also 170 cd4
Cd4/cd8 ratio of = 0.4

My doctor does not talk to me too much. He tells me I'm anxious. This is not reason to not tell me what, how, etc....
Anyways

I started ART at 40 days after infection.
Today I gave sample to measure again my cd4 and viral load after a month of initiation of art.

Also Yesterday I had vaccination for covid.
I also read that vaccinations may increase viral load.
Also increased viral load is factor of drug resistance.
Doctor also told me it's very huge number my viral load but it was peak due to peak acute phase also my cd4 was low because generally I had low WBC so it's normal in acute phase to see a dive in cd4 number

I read everywhere and I think these.:
Low cd4/cd8 means difficult to recover cd4s
High viral load (mine , although in acute phase was huge HUGE) treated or untreated progress to AIDS fast.

Finally my questions are.

Did you see again so high viral load?
Was mistake to risk having covid vaccination now that viral load is not known if suppressed well or not???
Should my doctor tell me?
Should I expect to live 3-5 years or more with so huge VL???

Please relief my pain in soul. I will not suicide, so don't tell me lies!!! I just want to know to take care better of my health.

Need your understanding and support my brothers.
Should Expect to live more years because new drugs are highly active???

I am 35
Thanks

Jim Allen:
Hiya,

Sorry to hear about the diagnosis and the low CD4 count & CMV.

Understand you started HIV treatment some 40 days ago, and today they took blood to see if it's begun to suppress the virus.  Have you been provided antibiotics considering the low CD4?

--- Quote ---1) Did you see again so high viral load?
2) Was mistake to risk having covid vaccination now that viral load is not known if suppressed well or not???
3) Should my doctor tell me?
4) Should I expect to live 3-5 years or more with so huge VL???
--- End quote ---

1) VL in the millions sure, mine was at some stage.
2) No
3) They should recommend the vaccine
4) You could live for another 50 or 60 years, your 35 now. Depends on what happens in your life but don't smoke, eat healthly and exercise if you want to live healthier and perhaps longer, and considering you are living with HIV take your meds.

--- Quote ---I also read that vaccinations may increase viral load.
Also increased viral load is factor of drug resistance.
--- End quote ---

Resitance does not happen from just a single blip in viral load when starting out or ever to be honest and you are on treatment now.

--- Quote ---Doctor also told me it's very huge number my viral load but it was peak due to peak acute phase also my cd4 was low because generally I had low WBC so it's normal in acute phase to see a dive in cd4 number
--- End quote ---

That's a presumption, could be late phase, there is no way to really tell from those labs.

--- Quote ---Reading and asking on some other forum here I was told because of air inactive hiv will not infect me.
--- End quote ---

Not sure what other forum you mean, but if they told you that it's part of the reason why it's not an HIV risk.

You did not acquire HIV this way, let that be clear but were not going to focus on that and we don't care how you actually acquired HIV, you are here now and we will support you.

Best, Jim

gpapadop91:
Jim thanks for your answers.
I really appreciate this.

Let me be more clear!!

I was negative always. Until April with tests.
Even when diagnosed , I was negative in antibody tests.

I started ART 40days after infection.

Also it was very acute phase , not long stage.

Reading about this other forum , I don't have reason to tell lies.
My doctor told me a person like me with such high viral load can infect anyone with VL 48 millions. Not 4.8 , but 48 millions. I could infect anyone with a drop into eye.

All condoms checked after , they were intact.

Please tell the world , even Dr Hook told this. Semen in eye should prescribed Pep.
But asking in the forum , users told me no need.

However a high viral load as hers infected me because I also didn't clean my eye immediately and it was irritated.

Anyways. This is past now.

Jim or any other please here ....
Did you ever see again 48-49 millions????
Will I suppress it???

I read this in a study of 2018.

Treated or untreated high viral load (100.000-500.000) indicates faster illness progression and/or related illnesses and cancers leading to cormobidities or death.

I'm 35.
Should I expect to plan my death from now ? I mean to give everything to my child , to prepare my wife and my parents according to my HUGE viral load 49 millions???

2. Does huge VL means my body doesn't fight well so , strong cancers will come fast and soon????

Thanks in Advance!!!

My only hope is the new broadly neutralising antibodies or gene therapies or mran hiv vaccines , if I don't have until this time any bad cancer!!!!
Should we expect a cure until 2025?

Jim Allen:

--- Quote ---I was negative always. Until April with tests.
Even when diagnosed , I was negative in antibody tests.
--- End quote ---

Let me be very clear and final on this  ;)

You acquired HIV most likely after Jan/Feb then, but you did not acquire HIV the way you think. (Edit to add, another reason why I say this is I have now checked and read your post from back in May on the other website!)

Now move on because we're not going to focus on that and you don't want me to start poking holes in your story as there are already. To be clear we don't care how you actually acquired HIV, you are here now and we will support you.

--- Quote ---Will I suppress it???
--- End quote ---

Yes, with treatment.

I am sure your VL will already be lower when you get the latest results in and give it time to work.
What ART are you taking BTW?

--- Quote ---Should I expect to plan my death from now ? I mean to give everything to my child , to prepare my wife and my parents according to my HUGE viral load 49 millions???

2. Does huge VL means my body doesn't fight well so , strong cancers will come fast and soon????
--- End quote ---

No, you don't have to start planning and preparing your wife & child for your death soon because of your HIV status, and there are plenty of members here with far worse results than your who are doing just fine today.

The low CD4 counts mean you are at an increased risk for certain OI's and cancer, however, once the viral load reduces and the body can "heal" the CD4 counts should also increase again with time. Once the VL is suppressed and it will be the CD4 count become somewhat less relevant. That said plenty of people still have low CD4 counts and are perfectly healthy.

As a group we are prone to certain conditions more frequently or sooner in life, that does not mean it will be an issue for you and you will see your doctor or clinic during check-ups to monitor things and treat any issue early.

--- Quote ---Should we expect a cure until 2025?
--- End quote ---

Well, you are going to see very different options on the "cure" topic, just search the forums, 100's of threads going back since this version started in 2006.

Now, going back decades there was always some new promise or cure around the corner or new breakthrough that did not work out. My point of view is if I was a mouse or a petri-dish I would have had 100's of cures by now from the past 20 years, sadly although it is scientifically very interesting it's never resulted in something that could be rolled out to the community living with HIV.

My thoughts are given how HIV works and even recently was found in various new cells types that we are only just learning about a cure will not happen within my lifetime, although better treatments and perhaps long term suppression would I feel be possible.

gpapadop91:
Thanks for your support...don't lose hope...
Your re young enough. We will have it
Of course not soon.
But mayybe In 5-10-15 years if I don't have cancer until then....

I started Descovy + Isentress because I have 1 and 25% kidneys , working 90% and 10%.

I hope Isentress , an integrase inhibitor will do the job.

But you really feel I will be undetectable even with started 50 millions????

Also, should I be optimistic I will not have cancer soon???
I mean next 5-10 years???
Should I expect to enjoy a bit more my son???

What about vaccinations? Can I have an hpv vaccination?

Last question!
So you think even if you think that I had from February (I know my exposure it was 28April) , that it progresed to AIDS late stage In 2-3 months??
So again same question...
Should I expect to live 2-3 years or 20-30????
Really , honestly

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version