Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 05:51:41 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37635
  • Latest: Ranoye
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773155
  • Total Topics: 66328
  • Online Today: 248
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 186
Total: 187

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: always confused`  (Read 6053 times)

Offline livinginfear

always confused`
« on: September 01, 2006, 09:01:18 am »
so ive been on here before, but i forgot my username so i had to create a new account. anyways, im going to get help bc i seem to constantly obsessing over my fear of HIV contraction. The other day i was deep kissing this guy and i had a cold sore in my mouth. ever since i have had a sore throat. is there anyway i could have contracted HIV? i didnt taste any blood or anything in his mouth, i think he was clean...please help.. ???

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: getting help, but still need answers
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2006, 09:43:00 am »
If you have been in this Forum before then you should have learned by now that using the term "clean" in relation to someone's HIV status is insulting and insensitive.

As far as this kissing episode is concerned you were not at risk for HIV in anyway. Read the lesson on transmission which gives you all the basics about the subject. You can find a link to it in the first thread in this section.

There's no need for testing nor for further concern about this recent incident.
Andy Velez

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2006, 10:18:06 am »
Living,

I totally agree with everything Andy has said to you. Hiv is not an issue here in the slightest.

However, you should not be kissing anyone when you have a cold sore in/on your mouth. "Cold sore" is another way of saying HERPES and you will spread your herpes to other people by allowing your cold sore to come into contact with any part of their body. Keep your herpes to yourself!

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline livinginfear

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2006, 04:32:35 pm »
im very sorry for insulting you, as i am very new to this, i am not always politically correct, and i meant in no way to insult you, and for that i am sorry. on another note, i wanted to thank you so your reply. however, i am still confused, as i read on the CDC that deep kissing is a small risk. im just tryin to firgure out how i can know for sure that kissing is ok, bc i want to be happy, fun, and safe when kissing, but i get canker sores alot, and so afetr i am done kissing, i am afraid that i have gotten soemthing from them into my cankersore, like their blood or something. bc the next day i had a sore throat and i still do now 2 days later? what are the chances of me getting infected thru my cankersores, and has it ever happened before?? im sorry if i am being annoying...

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2006, 06:58:38 pm »
living,

Saliva is not infectious where hiv is concerned, whether or not you have a sore in your mouth. The CDC is overly cautious and conservative.

But as I said, you should not be kissing people when you have sores in your mouth. You could give THEM something. You may also be more open to bacterial infections when you have sores in your mouth, but not hiv. Saliva is NOT infectious for hiv and it contains over a dozen different enzymes and proteins that actually destroy the outer covering of the hiv virus and make it unable to latch onto a new host. Saliva is NOT infectious.

You did not have a risk of hiv infection. Just stop kissing people when you have sores in your mouth, please!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline livinginfear

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2006, 03:11:47 pm »
ann,
 so i understand that saliva is not a carrier, but the only thing that worries me is maybe he was bleeding in his mouth and i did not notice, or somehow blood creeked in my sores. is that in anyway possible??

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2006, 04:20:48 pm »
Get the help you need. You didn't have a risk.

Offline livinginfear

always confused`
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2007, 11:36:03 pm »
ok, so im still trying to get over this fear, and its been a while since ive had had a panic attack, but i still just trying to figure out my risks. i keep hearin that youre only at risk if you have unprotected anal sex, but then i hear stories of people getting it without ever having sex. I have been seeing a guy for about 2 weeks now, and we have given eachother hand jobs, fingered eachother, and he put my penis in his mouth for about 10 seconds. are there any risks with those sexual acts. every site say something different. i always bite my nails, so im always scared that semen will get into a cut or something on my hand. also, is there any possibiity that the other guy could touch his pre-enjaculation on his penis before fingering me, bc then it cud still enter me without having sex right? i know this is alot, and i sound stupid and naive, but im trying to get as educated as possible. im sorry to bother you, i just always have these worries on my mind. any help would be great. thanks.

Offline milker

• Protected phone sex
Re: always confused`
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2007, 12:09:02 am »
hi living,

soon very experienced people will give you answers. I just want you to know that we're reading your post and you will have your answer soon :)
mid-dec: stupid ass
mid-jan: seroconversion
mid-feb: poz
mar 07: cd4 432 (35%) vl 54000
may 07: cd4 399 (28%) vl 27760
jul 07: cd4 403 (26%) vl 99241
oct 07: cd4 353 (24%) vl 29993
jan 08: cd4 332 (26%) vl 33308
mar 08: cd4 392 (23%) vl 75548
jun 08: cd4 325 (27%) vl 45880
oct 08: cd4 197 (20%) vl 154000 <== aids diagnosis
nov 2 08 start Atripla
nov 30 08: cd4 478 (23%) vl 1880 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
feb 19 09: cd4 398 (24%) vl 430 getting there!
apr 23 09: cd4 604 (29%) vl 50 woohoo :D :D
jul 30 09: cd4 512 (29%) vl undetectable :D :D
may 27 10: cd4 655 (32%) vl undetectable :D :D

Now accepting applications from blowjob ninjas™

Offline Bucko

• You need a shine, missy!
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2007, 01:36:53 am »
Living-

There are two sexual means of transmission:

1) Having vaginal sex without a condom.
2) Having anal sex without a condom.

There is a slew of anecdotal evidence (stories told) but no real hard scientific evidence that giving blowjobs is somewhat risky. There is no risk to getting a blowjob.

You also understand, I hope, that in order for the virus to be transmitted sexually one of the parties involved must be HIV positive, right?

The only other means of transmitting the virus is by sharing IV needles used booting (injecting) drugs.

None of the activities you described puts you at any risk at all. I urge you to read our lessons page and get educated about sex and HIV, then have all the safe fun you like.

Brent
(Who promotes a sex-positive attitude)
Blessed with brains, talent and gorgeous tits.

Blathering on AIDSmeds since 2005, provocative from birth

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2007, 08:02:01 am »
Bucko's given you the real deal about risks.

"I've been hearing stories" is not a good way to learn about HIV transmission. There is an endless supply of totally undocumented and unreliable "stories" out there. As he suggested, read the lessons about Transmission and Testing and you'll get the informaiton you need to know.

I'll also add there have been some reports of transmission via giving oral to the person giving oral, not to the person being sucked. However, through longterm studies of sero-discordant couples among whom there was lots of protected intercourse and lots of unprotected mutual oral, not a single sero-negative partner became infected.

So giving oral is something you have to decide about whether you are comfortable with doing that without a condom or not. Otherwise the other activities which you mentioned such as mutual masturbation (and concerns about nicks on fingers and such), are not activities which will put you at risk for transmission.

Unprotected intercourse, whether vaginal or anal, are the activities which are of concern and which can be effectively dealt with by consistently using latex condoms.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2007, 01:36:05 pm »
Living,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline livinginfear

a bit worried and confused
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2007, 12:28:44 pm »
ok, so i have been dating this guy in ireland for about 4 weeks now, and his HIV status is unkown. Because of this i have been very cautious of what I do with him. The only thing i have done to him is jerk him off, but in return, he has given me at least 5 blowjobs Without me wearing a condom, 1 rimjob, and 1 fingering. I read the website, but still wasnt sure if these were risks. Am I at risk from recieving blowjobs or getting fingered or rimmed? I checked his hands and mouth before and there was no blood. PLease help me and explain, I really am so confused with how I will ever avoid getting infected. PLease respond. Thank you.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2007, 12:59:17 pm »
First of all, please keep your comments and questions in this one thread. We've told you that before so please cooperate. Thanks.

Secondly, you've been around here long enough to know the basics about HIV risk. As long as you always use a condom for intercourse, you're covered literally and figuratively as far as HIV is concerned.

Maturbation, fingering, receiving a blowjob and other activities you've mentioned are not putting you at risk for HIV transmission. Re-read the lesson on transmission on this site. There's a link to it in the Welcome thread which opens this section.

No need for testing nor for further concern as of now about HIV. However, I will mention that we suggest that anyone who's sexually active ought to get a full STD panel done regularly -- at least annually and every six months is even better. There are other STDs out there and some of them are much easier to acquire than HIV.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.