Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 10:41:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772781
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 328
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 228
Total: 229

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Ladies Thread Part 49- "YES WE CAN" Be happy, Be strong, Be Proud!!  (Read 46082 times)

Offline Snowangel

Hello to all my Beautiful girlfriends-
Hope everyone is doing well!

Win- I am glad to hear Billy's surgery went well and the doc gave him a sleeping pill to help him sleep. 

BT- Geezo! Your professor must go a mile a minute, that would make me nuts, I think.  I would probably forget what class I was talking to and talk about something totally un-related to what the class is about.

Viv- I hope you can get some rest over the long weekend, try not to think about the upcoming report cards and take some time for yourself.

I will be back later, I just had a total mind fart and forgot what I was going to write!  DUH!! ;D
Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important

The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.

Offline 27years

• What I did for love I will still do it for love
Re: Ladies Thread Part 49- "YES WE CAN" Be happy, Be strong, Be Proud!!
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2008, 07:24:26 am »
hie ladies am just passing through and just thought of wishing you all a happy weekend, mine is already messed up, but will pull through, catch you later in other forums
Nobody dies a virgin life screws us all up

Offline vivyt

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2008, 08:18:48 am »
Good Morning! Have a good day. Will check in later!

Offline netta

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2008, 11:08:19 am »
Hi ladies, just want to say hi, have not felt like posting much. A lot on my mind. Still not moved and it has me on pins and needles.Waiting on inspection 2 the first failed cause of stupid stuff, like a hole in the screen, well everything is fixed and waiting on the re inspection, of course I,m a procrasternator and haven't started packing but a little bit. My laandlord is waitng for  the lease, but i told him I  haveto move next week before the holiday, come hell or high water! My mom will be here on the 17th! I want to be settled in by then. He said he would give me his lease, which is what he  did when I moved in this place, I just payed a portion of what I expected the rent to be. I have always done this,cause the lease could taake up to a month ! I should have already moved! Ok I am just praying, my nerves are shot.Hope all is well, love netta.
"to thine own self be true"

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2008, 05:35:45 pm »
Hey ladies,

Snow, I love the avvy of your dog.  What a cutie.  Thanks for starting the new thread.  I adore the title.  Of course, now we can say "Yes we did!"

Andrea, what's going on?  Any plans for the days off?

27, I hope your weekend gets better.  Try to get out and do something that makes you happy, even if it's just getting some ice cream.

Netta, I hope the whole moving situation works out real soon.  I know how much you want to move. 

I got all my homework done today.  I just wanted to check in.  I've got a bad migraine, so I'm going to go lay down for awhile.  Have a good evening ladies.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Sweet_C

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2008, 07:23:11 pm »
Hi ladies!! TGIF!!!!!   ;D  And 27years, hope you manage to have a little bit of fun this weekend.  Netta--good luck on the move!
Tested positive on September 11, 2008

Offline vivyt

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2008, 09:40:44 am »
Well still coughing and wheezing....I AM OVER IT!!! I don't know what else to do but it is driving me crazy! What is the worst is how it still hurts when I cough. This morning I woke up and my whole body is sore. I don't know what is going on.

I don't really have plans for this 4 day weekend (YAY!). I am going to meet my friend, the one I disclosed to, for breakfast this morning so that should be nice. I do have to get some stuff graded and start on my report cards but for sure I am going to start watching the second season of Dexter. Does anyone else watch it? I used to have Showtime and I started watching it when it first came out and got hooked. After the first season though I canceled Showtime so I never got to watch the second one. My mom bought the DVD's for me so now I can. The box has been sitting here since August! LOL! I think it's time.

That's about all. Anyone else doing anything?

Offline Sweet_C

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2008, 09:51:55 am »
Wow, you are still coughing!  What did your doc say about it??

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2008, 10:03:13 pm »
Hey ladies,

Sweet C, what's going on?

Andrea, I would ask your doctor for a referral to a pulmonologist.  That's not normal that you still have the cough.  Please don't just sit and wait for it to go away. 

I spent the day with my granddaughter.  We went to see High School Musical 3.  I have to say, those kids can dance.   It was well choreographed also.  Then, we went to Kmart and I bought "Life," the game.  We came back to my place and played it for awhile.  Then we went to my granddaughter's favorite Chinese place.  I'm not crazy about Chinese food, but I'll do about anything for my granddaughter.  It's a buffet, so I did fill up.  Then I got the bill.  Now, my granddaughter is only 8.  For the both of us it was $24!  I thought I would fall over.  That is just way too much money for my liking.  So, we won't be going there again unless I stike it rich and get a sudden craving for Chinese.  Anyway, all in all it was a good day.  I saw my grandson when I took my granddaughter home.  He's getting so big.  They're both in Montessori school-my grandson's 3 and in preschool, and my granddaughter is in 3rd grade.  It's a very good school system.  I'm grateful they're both in it.

There are some ladies who have disappeared.  Where is Wish, Cin, Cristy, Queen, Drag and Keeping?  And anyone else I missed?  I wish they would say "hey" or something. (Hint, hint to you ladies who are just lurking).  Anyway, I'm going to check out a few more threads and watch some t.v.  You ladies have a good night.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2008, 10:43:35 pm »
I'm always lurking (I should join a step program for lurkers. "My name is Ann and I lurk") so ...

Hey!

;)

Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2008, 11:07:26 pm »
Netta- Nice to see you!  I hope the moves goes well.

Viv- I just watched Dexter for the first time a couple of weeks ago, I never realized he was a serial killer in it.  It is a good show.  What did your doc say about your cough?  Has he/she given you a time limit to go back and get it checked?  Please don't let it go too long.

BT- I hear you on the chinese bill, it seems like everything now a days is outrageous.  I need a good chunk of change in order to take my 4some anywhere these days, it is such a bummer.  
Thank you!  My avvy is Cassius, he is such a big baby.

I have been so tired lately, I am not sure if I am trying to catch up with the time change or what is going on.  I have been getting a lot of headaches too?  I have been struggling a lot lately with if or when I should tell my oldest about being poz.  A lot of my issue is that he has so much going with his father, I don't want to add to his worries AND it is almost like he is psychic and knows what questions I don't want to answer and asks them.  This summer my ASO was having a picnic that I was planning on going to.  I took him with me to drop some boxes off  the day before and he asked me so many questions about why I would go there and how I knew those people, that he started crying and then I started crying and I never even told him what the place was.  Thank goodness he didn't read the sign on the wall.  Needless to say, I never went to the picnic.  I think I will ask everyones experience in living with, one of these days.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Offline Sweet_C

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2008, 06:43:49 pm »
Betty I didn't realize you were a grandma!!

Hi Ann!!

How old is your son Snowangel?  It takes me a couple of days to adjust to time changes too, so maybe that is what's causing it.

I'm hanging in there.  I'm still doing good on the Isentrees/Truvada regime.  I know there are a lot of unknowns with this drugs--esp being so untested with pregnancy and first timers-- but I have a good feeling about it.  I've gotten more queasy taking an Excedrin.

Also, I convinced my SO to come in and get tested with me at my next doctor's appointment in a week.  That will be a huge load off my shoulders.  I am so hoping he is negative. 

Offline keepingfaith

• Go Me!
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2008, 07:37:13 pm »
Hey Ladies,

I'm here just mostly Lurking. Sometimes it just hard me to post since I am working with the children most of the day. And when I get home I be like so tired...My back is feeling so much better. It took a week for it to get to feeling better. I can't go to the chiropractor until my insurance kick in.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2008, 08:51:23 pm »
Hi ladies,

Snow, I told my daughter almost right from the start, after her dad died.  She's been around all kinds of people, has gone to people's bedsides with me etc.  She is one of the most open-minded adults I know today.  There is usually literature/books at ASO's about telling children.  Good luck. 

Hey Ann, nice of you to drop by. ;)

Sweet, what a relief that your SO is finally going to get tested.

Keeping, I didn't know you were working.  Sometimes I just don't remember things.

My day was full of nothing. My brother came over tonight and we watched more of "The Wire."  Other than that, I really did nada.  I hope you ladies have a good night.

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2008, 09:12:25 pm »
I told my son when he was little also. He was too young to really understand everything but I have always been very open with him about things in life. I dont like keeping secrets it is too much work.  :)
I've cleaned up some of the information about things at times and sometimes have been very clinical when talking about things but he did well with the information I have given him. I think him knowing things and me not sheltering him from facts of life information helped him to not make some of the same mistakes in his teen years that I did.

Offline vivyt

« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2008, 10:40:55 pm »
Hey all. Nice to hear from everyone. I agree with BT...I wish people would just stop by and say Hi.

I really did absolutely nothing this weekend. I seem to be getting into the habit of that...LOL! I saw my friend on Saturday and was totally exhausted. I came home and took a nap. My cough has gotten a little better. What bothers me the most is the wheezing and the feeling that there is stuff there to couch up and then when I try there's nothing. I am waiting to finish my antibiotics before I go back in.
Tomorrow I go my gyno for the post-op check.

I dread having to tell anyone about my status. I just told a friend of mine but that felt totally right when I thought about doing it. I have not really had that feeling with anyone else. What is starting to happen though is people are starting to ask why I'm not married, have a child, etc. It makes me want to just go away and hide. The youngest person that knows is my sister. She is 18 now and she was about 17 when my mom told her. When she talked to me all she could do was cry. We don't really talk about it now. If figure if she has questions and when she is ready she will ask me. Anyways....that's all...I'm going to look for something to watch on tv.

Have a good night ladies!  :)

Offline jennynyc7

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2008, 10:20:32 am »
Hey ladies,

Haven't been posting too much lately and I know I am missing stuff. It was my Birthday Friday and of course I wasn't able to enjoy it fully. On Wednesday of last week I woke up itching like crazy and looked in the mirror and was broke out in a rash....gotta love VIramune! Went to my I.D. Dr and he confirmed it was indeed the meds causing it but was puzzled as to why I got a rash 9 months into treatment. It is doin better now, my skin is still crawling but overall the rash is gone. Had to stay home from work 3 days last week with no pay, that sucks!

Hope everyone has a good week!
12/24/07-infected
1/3/08-ARS began
2/12/08-diagnosed
Initial Vl=99000
CD4=585
2/14/08-began Truvada/Reyataz/Norvir
3/01/08=Swapped Reyataz for Viramune
5/1/08:     vl= undetectable
                cd4=1250
10/24/08:  vl=undetectable
                cd4=1172 (55%)

12/4/08:    vl=254 (hopefully just a small blip)
                cd4=1234

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2008, 01:09:50 pm »
Hey ladies,

Wendy, I'm glad to know someone else who told their kid early on.

Andrea, please let us know what your gyn says.  I would definitely be in contact with your doctor about the continued wheezing.  You don't want it turning into something too serious. 

Jenny, happy belated birthday.  Sorry it was such a bummer.  Maybe now that the rash is gone, the itching will subside soon (hopefully). 

OMG, I just killed a spider that was in a candle in front of the computer.  Things like that freak me out, 'cause I absolutely hate spiders.  Anyway........ I cleaned my apartment today and did the little decorating I do for x-mas.  I don't put up a tree anymore (no reason to really).  If I had kids I would.  There are some cute things though that I put out.  Does anyone remember the Taco Bell X-mas dog that they had years ago?  I still have one.  I wish I could remember his name.  The sound doesn't work anymore, but he's still cute. 

I don't have anything happening today.  Just trying to figure out how to budget the last of my money to last the rest of the month.  I'm anxious to get my letter from social security that's going to tell me how much my check will be next year.  I know we're supposed to get that 5.8% raise, the biggest one I've ever gotten since being on SSDI (1994).  Of course, my rent will go up, the spend-down on Medicaid will go up, and my food stamps will be cut (all $14 of 'em).  Oh well.  Give and take I guess.  You ladies have a good day.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2008, 02:35:57 pm »
Yeah, I haven't been posting much but I am still around. Prolly for not much longer, my internet will be shut off for a few weeks, due to I had to pay a more important bill. We all know how that goes. So, if you don't see me, that will be why.

Not much going on, we had our first snow last night and I had to shovel before I went to my doctor's appointment today. I have the sniffles and my heart was racing, the doc said. I told him it was prolly because of the shoveling. Have to get some scripts filled, may do that later.

Still has been kicking it with Sexy. Yeah, I know I said I was just going to be friends with him but......Has seen him but hasn't really stuck around long. Papi on the other hand makes me kind of nervous because I feel he is rushing things so I have been avoiding him.

Now it's getting cold and I wish I had someone to snuggle with..... :(
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline vivyt

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2008, 08:38:46 pm »
Hello Ladies!

Jenny- Happy belated birthday. I hope things turn around for you soon. I had a rash when I started Atripla but it didn't itch. It went away, but since then my skin is much more sensitive then it used to be.

Queen-  ;D Look at you juggling two guys! I would love to just have one...LOL!

BT- I love Christmas! Last year was the first year I did not get a tree and I missed it. It is a pain to get in and a mess to get out but they smell so good and look so pretty. I know which dog you are talking about. I don't know his name but he said, "Yo quiero Taco Bell." Right?

Well I went to the gyno today and it was all good. She said that the sample showed no signs of cancer.  :) She was very happy, as was I. She did mention that she was still on alert since when all this started the colposcopy came back negative but she did another test which showed precancerous cells. She called a gyno/oncologist and discussed the findings with him and he said it sounded ok but she should check for lesions and if there were then I needed to go see him. So....she checked me out and found nothing and said that everything looks as though it is healing very well. I have to go back for another pap smear in 3 months. So all is good down there. I am glad to be done with all that. I have another day off tomorrow and I still haven't done much work...I will never learn. I like to tell myself that I do my best under pressure...LOL!

Have a good night ladies!

Offline Sweet_C

« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2008, 09:10:22 pm »
Man, I just lost a post I had typed out.  Vivy, I feel the same way about disclosing at this point.  I was at the eye doctor getting new contacts the other day, and I couldn't even bring myself to put down on the form that I am HIV+.  I think in a year or two, I will feel a little more confident about disclosing...but now I think I would break down in tears.  Reading posts from those who have been living with HIV for a long time really helps though.  It's nice to see people not ashamed of having this disease.

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2008, 04:25:03 am »
Hi ladies!!!

I am back... I have been back for a week and I must apologize for not posting earlier. I wanted to... I have visited here incognito and especially after Obama (yey!!! phew!!!) was elected it was so hard not to post and join in but I held back.

First thing first, we did get married and even though it was one of the most exahsting periods of my life (the week leading up to the wedding) it was beautiful and special though more in retrospect, in reality it was like putting on a show... I was not sleeping much even though I used sleeping pills, I was so stressed and there was so much moving around and constantly being with people speaking spanish (my spanish has greatly improved though but it was a crazy time). I dont have many pix yet I am waiting for the official paid photogarpher to send them. So many people have helped us do this thing most of all my husband's family and it was so hard emotionally that I cant begin to describe knowing they they dont know and what if they knew and having to hide myself and basically accepting all this goodness and not feeling that I deserve it or that it has anything to do with "me". Also my husband's mom crying b/c we went back and me heartbroken b/c my parents went home alone with both their children moved to other countries, and also going back to the netherlands was hard after all the warmth there, it seemed so aloof and distanced (northern europe) but I must admit also a bit of a relief...

It was such an intense couple weeks b/c afterwards we did some traveling with my parents when I got back I was so disoriented. and during those weeks it was just flashbacks upon flashbacks of my life and past without me being able to escape or distract myself.

The reason I stayed away for a bit longer (actually, today is just a week since I have been back) was that I didnt and still dont feel so good. my elated and exhausted mental state became something of a meltdown when I came back, plus I had a ton of work. i wanted to react not just here but to other things in my life but it was like I was zombified and couldnt move much I still cant but its getting better and some things I have to get on with whether I am ready or not.

Jenny - Happy Birthday!

Andrea - congrats on the good results, Im happy for ya!

Netta I hope you luck out with the inspection this time. I hope you feel better!
 I am at home waiting for the freaking leak into my bedroom of stinking, stale water from the neighbours balcony to be fixed for who knows what time. There is not question of moving though. The housing market here was always tough but now with the recession its virtually stagnated, no one buys everyone rents and no one is moving.

Sweet C I dont disclose always only when I think its relevant... I did disclose to the eye doc b/c there're certain things that need to be checked in your eyes when youre poz I think. I dont mind the docs its the secretaries I mind when i have to fill in a form and I get stares and sometimes whispers (if there's more than one working). It can slide off of me or not, depending on my mood and context.

Tendai!! The last I read from you here you were contemplating jumping shyguy's bones... I miss you, and I hope you're OK and those close to you are. I thought a lot about you when I was away. I am aware how indescribably lucky I am with every little thing even the things that arent so good. I hope things are better at work, that no news [re dr evil] is good news.

Snow, it made me sad reading about your son. Maybe he is so afraid cos who knows what he imagines, maybe it would be better for him to know "the whole truth and nothing but the truth" b/c it can redeem you. tough question. I hope youre feeling more energized now.

Queen good luck with the juggling  ;). Cant beleive you have snow already.

Betty!!! How are you doing? thanks for asking after me!!! I was so happy when I read your reactions about Obama it amplified my happiness [though still cant beleive people have to stand 3 hours outside to vote, what with your knees as well, the pix on the news were insanity but alls well that ends well]. Hows that sexuality class going?

Wendy how are you? I hope Billy's shoulder is much better I cant see that post but I beleieve he did the surgery already?

This is a cold year here too and in London it was snowing in Oct when usually they only get snow in mid winter if at all.

I am sorry I skipped some names I have to get ready to leave as well as soon as those clowns get here (from my estate agancy) to look at the damn leak. If I had any balls which I obviosuly dont but you know what I mean Id hold back on the rent. If I wasnt always a foriegner I wouldnt be so chickenshit.

Love you ladies hugs to those I missed - Cindy, Cristy, Ann, Keeping, the Moms, Jamie, Afraid, the girl from Minneapolis (sorry forgot your name) Tatenda, Latifah, 27years (sorry about that shit with your boss), Em, Brandy, Paulette and everyone else.

"If you keep one foot in yesterday, and one in tomorrow, you piss all over today". Betty Tacy

tendai

« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2008, 05:00:57 am »
Drag!!!!! Whats up girl! Welcome back. Glad your wedding went well, cant wait for the pictures! so how was the honeymoon?  i cant even imagine the places u went to. Great to have u back posting again, we missed you.  take care ok and burn yourself out. u've entered another stage in your life now and i wish u guys all the best.
Dr Evil is ok these days, im charging these crazy fees and some people are able to pay so he's happy when the money is coming in like that.  share some of it would ya doc?  anyway i havent jumped shyguys bones yet, he's too shy i guess. but theres this other very unshy guy who's nagging to jump my bones but he's from another town and only comes here once in a while.  who knows? i told him my status over the phone but it doesnt faze him though.

Viv - im relieved your tests came back negative. cancer is so much scarier than HIV ever was. Im glad u're ok and hope u continue to be. and now for that darn cough...

Queen - i know the feeling of wanting someone to cuddle with.. sucks.  least u got two choices girl, wonder who u'll pick in the end

Jenny - happy belated birthday. sorry about the rash and glad its over with now. hows the itching now?

Betty - u know what we've done with the US dollar out here. its gone and been trashed like nothing.  $14 will buy u 2 litres of cooking oil and maybe 6kgs of rice and thats it.  Guess how much a full chicken costs - $10US.  A six pack of beer was going for $10-12 but due to competition its gone down to $5-8.  I dont know how much things cost over there but im pretty sure they arent as expensive as they are here.  i remember MSlady saying she bought a 32 inch tv for $50 but here u get a 21 inch for something like $200US depending on the store.  A lot of our shops are licensed to sell goods in foreign currency now and people are flocking there. U find a bigger queue at the foreign currency counter than at the local currency queue (thats if theres even anyone buying or anything being sold there). Its just crazy out here. so thats why  im amazed that $14 worth is enough food for you considering the crazy prices here.

keeping - im glad your back is getting better, i remember when my mum used to have back trouble and how she was almost in tears when it struck.

Sweet C - i agree about the long termers. they give me hope that i can live and grow old with this disease. i've had it for 3 years and im still not comfortable about disclosure, though i will disclose to health professionals if i need to. take your time about the disclosure and do so when u feel u can handle it. but why do they need HIV status for prescribing contacts anyway?  and congrats on convincing your man to get tested, im keeping my fingers crossed that he test negative..

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2008, 11:22:25 am »
YEEHAH!!!! Viv.... Glad the your test came back OK.  I hope your cough is better as well.

Welcome Back, Drag!  We missed you. I am glad you had a wonderful wedding and got to spend time with your parents and in-laws.  I feel the same way you do about feeling bad about not letting people know but I fear the consequences too much to bite the bullet and let it out.  My life is hard enough already to have to worry about ignorant people treating my kids wrong.  Since we moved here in 04, I can count on one hand how many times my SO's mother has seen her grandchildren and we never get invited to anything.  My mother, on the other hand, one of the only people I have told, chooses to pretend like it doesn't even exist.  I think she is more concerned that I am living out of wedlock. I think I might have mentioned this but I was talking to my mother and mentioned I was thinking of talking with my oldest and she told me she thought I should wait till he is 18!! As far as my oldest is concerned, I feel like I am in a catch 22.  I have tried so hard not to let him know the kind of person his father really is so that he is not scared.  If I tell him and the court orders him to have visits, my son would probably have a nervous breakdown.   I hope you can get some rest and things get back to normal for you.  I know it is hard but try to forget about the past, without it, you wouldn't be where you are now.  You need to be proud of who you are and what you have accomplished.  How has your wrist been feeling?  Should we start calling you Mrs. Drag?  ;D

BT- $14 bucks that is just crazy but I am not suprised.  I stopped going to get benefits.  I had to load up all the kids, who were still toddlers, get them in and upstairs safely, wait to be called, fill out all kinds of paperwork or show the paperwork I have (again) for 5 bucks a month.  No thanks, you can keep it.  I am looking forward to decorating for Christmas.  If I can get some money, I think I might take the kids and pick out a tree.  I love the smell of a fresh cut X-mas tree, maybe that will help to lift my spirits.

Jenny- Happy Birthday!

Ten- Getting booty every once in a while is better than none at all ;D and it will be even better since you know he is not bothered by your status.

Queen- Why not live on the wild side and cuddle with both, at the same time, that might be good for some laughs.

Sweet C- My son is 10, but sometimes I feel like he is a wise old man.  I wish I could say disclosing is easier, but I haven't done it much....yet :) 

Win- How are you and Billy doing?

Keeping- How are your classes going?  I hope your insurance kicks in soon!

The kids are home from school today so we might bake some cookies.  Is anyone thinking about going to the AMG in Boston next year?

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2008, 06:28:15 pm »
Hey ladies,

Drag, welcome back!  So good to hear from you.  I'm sure it's normal to feel completely spent going through what you did.  When you're not at work, give yourself a break and just rest.  Congratulations, by the way!  I'm so happy for you.  You deserve all the happiness in the world.  My Human Sexuality class is going well.  We had to read the chapter about LGBT persons and write a reflection paper on it.  I wrote about coming out as bisexual to people, the process etc.  It's an interesting class.

Queen, two guys, aye?  I guess I have my kitty to snuggle with. :)

Andrea, so glad the test came out alright.  You must be relieved.  I hope that's the end of it.

Sweet C, it's important to disclose to all your doctors.  Drag is right-the eye doctor needs to look for things specific to people with HIV (CMV etc.). 

Tendai, if MSlady got a 32 inch t.v. for $50, she got it from Goodwill.  You can't get a brand new 32 inch t.v. here for less than about $400-500.  The $14 a month I get on foodstamps doesn't feed me for an entire month, trust.  It only lasts a couple days.  Food is outrageous here right now.  The office that figures the food stamps here is kind of fucked up.  Anyway, I know it's not as bad as it is there, though.  I don't know what a 6-pack of beer costs, but I know a case costs about $13 (I see advertisements).  I don't know how that compares to there.  How are things with Shyguy?

Snow, did you bake those cookies?  What kind? 

I have a horrible sinus thing going on.  It's not an infection, must be just a virus.  I'm taking vitamin C, which seems to lessen the severity of my colds.  Probaby caused by the temperature going from 60 to 30 in one day.  Oh well, I've been worse and I'll get over this.  Just wanted to bitch a minute.

I went shopping today.  Other than that, not much else.  Just trying to stay warm.  You ladies have a good evening.

tendai

« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2008, 03:58:50 am »
hey girls

betty - hope your sinuses get better.  this food thing is bad all over huh.  at least you guys  got options like the food stamps and soup kitchens and stuff, theres some people here waking up in the wee huors of the morning to get stuff off trees before the donkeys get them. funny fruit that usually they dont eat

snow - its a catch 22 indeed, but i think he should know what kind of a man he is but not to paint too horrible a picture of him.  i hope the court decides not to let him visit.

im kinda bummed out.  Mr Out-of-town said that he suspected that i have HIV because when he saw me my skin  was 'too soft'. he kept going on about it the day we met grabbing my hand saying "your hands are so soft, your skin is so soft".  crap, i didnt know i was walking around looking so obvious. its no wonder shyguy disappeared. i'lljsut comfort myself saying 'maybe i didnt miss much anyway'. sour grapes i know :)

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2008, 04:46:30 am »
hi ladies!

good to reconnect and thanks so much. Tendai b4 u go offline, that guy's an ass, he shouldnt say stuff like that 2 start with, but its rubissh anyway, if anything my skin's much more rough, bumpy and dry since im poz, not that it should serve as indication.

idiot! one more!!

i spent the whole day yesterday and today still around this freaking leak into my bedroom, and it aint over yet, nor was it the first time, you should all see the panel of learned experts that conference here once in a while, all ready to talk and non ready to work. idiots.

speaking of idiots, since the election results I have let myself watch all those Palin compliations (the real stuff not spoofs) on yourtube and actually laugh and not just be gripped with terror. i hope she sinks into oblivion.

ok this is a bit on the negative side, my hand hurts, work piles up, nothing is working at the moment, but its all peanuts compared to the serious things and i acknowledge that, just letting out some steam.

Ten I think what you describe is the result of the dollar devaluating and the shortage that you have there ending in exorbitant prices. but the dollar crashed everywhere - where im from we used to have all the important things priced in dollars, rent, flights, houses etc, but thats finished a while ago, the dollar just got too weak.

I am modifying to add something: when I was offline you wrote something about going into Facebook and comparing yourself with all those peers who "made it", mostly by marriage/and or immigration. Tendai, knowing a little about where you are from and how much you have done to help people, you are just so strong, so lively, spirited, and KIND (of course not pefrect  :P) and yeah some people get lucky and some get luckier and of course they would flaunt it wherever possible, it doesnt change who YOU are and you are this amazing beautiful person inside and outside (I have seen pics).

Im so sorry you guys (Betty, Snow) have to deal with all these reprecussions of the food vs. the dollar as well. Betty it seems there is so little choice as well. I shop everydaycos I dont have a car and my biggest expense is food (probably cos I dont have a car, a mortgage or children, or even a pet). food and airline tickets, both of which have inflated like crazy.

Snow it is so tough and I have no idea what to advise you. Life can be so harsh but having to explain it to inoccent people is harsher. People like your ex make it so hard to be objective. However much pain and problems he is carrying, at some point it becomes inexcusable and hopeless and he has crossed that like for sure. Whatever and whenever you tell your son I know youre a great mom. About the poz group, who knows maybe he cried cos he felt threatened that you would find another man therfe and break the relationship you have now. Or maybe he knows something is wrong but doesnt know what and imagines that you have a terrible illness. With all the stigma of HIV when it is explained properly its not as bad but for a 10 year old to take it all in. You know what I met this great guy with a 13 year old boy and his boy definately knows, I dont know since when though. My other poz friend only told her kid when she was 15 or 16.
I dont think you should stay away from SOs family just cos youre poz. at least you dont have to hide physical stuff like I do... let's make a pact to hide less.

Love you ladies and thx for being there for me, sure wish you were closer. I have been feeling very lonely, i should get out and expose myself to real people more, make a few friends cos they wont make themselves. but i tend to shy away to the computer or to books or just to my brooding self.

Hugs,

« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 05:10:02 am by Dragonette »
"If you keep one foot in yesterday, and one in tomorrow, you piss all over today". Betty Tacy

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2008, 05:04:07 am »
Man, I just lost a post I had typed out.  Vivy, I feel the same way about disclosing at this point.  I was at the eye doctor getting new contacts the other day, and I couldn't even bring myself to put down on the form that I am HIV+.  I think in a year or two, I will feel a little more confident about disclosing...but now I think I would break down in tears.  Reading posts from those who have been living with HIV for a long time really helps though.  It's nice to see people not ashamed of having this disease.

Couple of things to share here...Moonlight advised a while back copying a post (especially a long one) before posting if you don't want to risk losing it. Seems sometimes it's very easy to lose a post while there will be months and it never occurs. No insult intended if you know how to do this, just hold your left mouse button down, wipe the copy block(its background will go black and text becomes gold), hit Control C, let the button go, click the text so it returns to a white background. Of course, you won't have to paste it (Control V) unless if after you click Post on the forum window you happen to lose it, then if you do, Paste the text you copied and Post again. Should you lose it yet again, you'll still have it at the ready to paste providing you haven't done another copy/paste of different text in the meantime.

Regarding doctors/nurses even receptionists who handle your records, there's no better place to practice disclosure than with healthcare providers. In five years, I cannot think of one person who wasn't compassionate or understanding or relaxed or it led to some fantastic there-but-for-the-grace-of-God-go-I type of conversation from the medical person. Further, they must, legally, hold your information quiet due to health information privacy laws for patients. They put their careers and more at risk if they don't. They realize, better than anyone, that a virus ends up in host, not a specific type of person, community or lifestyle---just a host.

In the case of an eye doctor, they are important to inform because they can look for changes in your eyes and be even more on the lookout for you; dentists can note changes in gum or cheek tissue, tongue surface changes, etc. It becomes more about enabling them to be the best they can be for you rather than thinking well, they have to use universal precautions and protect themselves so I don't have to worry. Be self-ish---help them to help you.

Ultimately, you'll have tallied up practice time. And, if you haven't told family or a good friend, they're likely your next best disclosure practice people. They love you and that is a form of medicine that life cannot be lived well without. Your immune system needs their love, yes, even their informed love. Once you let that barrier down, you can relax and your adrenals are not on alert defending your anxious mind that is busy keeping a big, fat secret and further taxing your system.

Gee, I'd best copy this post lest I risk losing it, heh?

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2008, 05:09:11 am »
Tendai,
Like Drag's, my skin is much more dry post-HIV. This guy was fishing for a way to flush information out if there was any to be had.

Offline vivyt

« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2008, 08:35:36 am »
Good Morning.

Welcome Back Drag! I am so glad to hear that everything went well. Congratulations!! Now it's time to get back to the grind.

BT-That class sounds really interesting. A nice change from economics...yuck! I hope you feel better. How do they determine how much to give in food stamps? Is there some kind of formula?

Snow-I would say that you are the best judge of what your son is ready to handle. It's best just to read the situation and not say too much. There's a story I once heard about a child asking his mother where he came from and the mother launched into the whole thing about where babies come from and the child said after that all they wanted to know was what city they were from because a friend of his was from some other place.

Tendai- I don't get what the skin thing has to do with HIV. Is that a line or something? Where are you at again?

Hi Wendy, Cindy, Keeping, Queen, and anyone else I may have forgotten to mention.

Back to school today after having 2 days off! Have a good day everyone.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2008, 09:58:50 am »
Morning ladies,

Tendai, I realize how fortunate we are here having soup kitchens, food banks and food stamps.  I wish you guys had things like that there.   If your leader was a humanitarian at all, he would care about the suffering the people are going through.  What is going on there concerning the government? I haven't heard in awhile.

Drag, I sure hope you can get that leak fixed soon.  That just doesn't sound healthy.  What's taking them so long?

Andrea, I'm not sure exactly how they determine food stamps.  Sometimes it seems it's different for different people.  Like, a friend of mine makes and pays out about the same amount of money I do, but she gets $40 more a month in food stamps.  And some people cheat the agencies, saying they make no money (hide it from them) and get like $175 a month.  Of course, those people risk going to prison.  I know the agencies don't count cable t.v. or internet as a monthly expense, and I can see why (although it would be nice if they counted the internet for us college students).  And I believe they only count $25/month for the phone.  I'm not sure how they figure out everything else.  Our governor sold our welfare agencies here in Indiana to private companies, which is going into effect right now.  And with private companies, I think people will be getting less in benefits.  Because when it goes fully into effect, the money essentially is the worker's money (the more people they keep off the rolls, the more money and bonuses they get).  I suppose we'll just have to wait and see.  BTW, how is your cough? 

It's raining and cold here this morning, but it's supposed to get up into the 40's, so that's not too bad for this time of year.  I'm going to go to the library to return a book I just finished reading and get another one, and pick up my lab slips at my doctor's.  I'm not getting them drawn of course, until the sinus thing clears up.  Other than that, I have class tonight (Forensic Psychology).  And that's pretty much my day.  I hope all you ladies have a good one.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2008, 07:08:52 pm »
Evening Ladies----

I hope everyone is having a relaxing evening. I finally am after being at the grocery store most of the day. But I am exhausted. About the food stamp thing, it really pisses me off that they think someone can survive off of ten bucks!!! >:( And how it is so different in different states. I get 175 every month and that barely lasts me the month. And the price of food being the way it is, is not helping either.

I have been having chest pains since Monday, not sure what that is about. It's on my right side. I am wondering if the racing heart when I saw my doc on Monday has anything to do with it? I have to go see my ID doc tomorrow so I will mention it to him.

No, I don't have a choice of who to cuddle with. With Sexy it's like you have to make an appointment. He has traffic at his house like crazy since he is off from construction. And Papi is just rushing things and it has turned me off completely. I hate winter, it always seems to put me in a funk with the holidays and stuff. But I am trying not to let it get to me.

Congrats Mrs. Dragonette. Glad the wedding went well.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

tendai

« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2008, 09:59:17 am »
viv - im in zimbabwe, the land of the poor millionaires.  

i think that guy was trying to show how 'informed' he is about the virus.  said he based his suspicions on the fact that he knows people who are on ARVs and their skin is 'different'.  Guess its one of those ill-informed assumptions people make about people based on physical appearance.

em - it made me smile (in a weird way) thinking im a "hostess" to the virus.  

drag - thanks for the kind words.  hope your arms better :-*

people are just dropping dead from cholera around here. some people have had no water for about 2 months. sewage systems are all shot to hell, raw sewage flowing down the streets of high density suburbs.  i dont know if these people who think they're running the country are normal or what. how can they let this continue? honestly i wish there was some kind of retribution to be meted out to them  for all the suffering and misery they are causing.  why cant they put the people first and then sort out their power games at their own expense and leisure.  the main government hospitals have closed coz there is no equipment no drugs and staff have gone on strike coz they cant get their salaries out of the bank because of the cash limits imposed by the central bank. we can only take out $500,000.  A ride to work costs $200,000. thats 400k a day.  a loaf of bread costs 400,000. that doesnt make any sense.  now even those who think they are so rich are going to be affected somehow. maybe then people may want to do something. the politicians wont compromise and mugabe wont let go his death-grip, i just dont know what its going to take for something to finally happen here.  meanwhile we soldier on, or is it trugde on like the exhausted stupid sheep that we are...

anyway what doesnt kill u can only make u stronger (we hope). catch u all later. hugs and kisses to all :-*

Offline netta

« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2008, 10:22:19 am »
Hi Ladies, Congrats to Drag! I am doing ok, feeling sick lately, a virus is going around like the flu, I have not gotten my flu shot yet, and I guess I should wait, since having this sinus bug???? Anyway good news, I am finally moving this weekend ! The apt. passed and I got to sign my lease Friday!!!! I am so thankful and greatfull. if I could get enough energy to finish packing !!! I bought some zinc logenzs and some alka selzter flu meds and some soup, of all times to be feeling bad!!! My mom arrives Tuesday from New York. She is 78 and sharp as a tack. We call her Big mama. I am happy she is visiting cause she is getting up in age and I need to spend  quality time with her. We have had a rocky relationship all my life, but I have learned to forgive, and move on.My twin on the other hand, is the opposit. Its arkward to tell my mom I love her, sometimes, it was never said growing up, I even have a hard time telling my daughter!,does this make me a bad person??, no just shows how disfunctional my family life was growing up, I do however have a great relationship with  my son and daughter. I show her I love her and thats good, I help her as much as I can and I'm there for her, babysitting , cooking, cleaning,I give her a lot of my time and money when I can. she works hard and going to school for her masters degree! ,so even though I don't say it often enough, she knows. ironically, she does not tell me she loves me either.My son on the other hand lives in N.Y. and is single and very independant, He is also distant, doesn't visit enough ,unless I travel to N.Y. but he dos tell me he loves me all the time.Kids are strange! Well I hope all is well.
Queen, you get a nice amount of foodstamps !! I could eat well with that, I get 50.00 but they just increased it to 75.00. Has anyone heard we are getting a larger raise this year with disability checks???
« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 10:36:35 am by netta »

Offline netta

« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2008, 10:38:55 am »
Tendai- I am so sorry for what you and your people are going through. I wish you could come here to the U.S.,Something has got to give! Please pm me.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2008, 11:59:24 am »
Morning ladies,

Queen, yeah, you should tell your doctor about your heart and the pains you're having.  They might need to do a work-up on your heart.  I had one done when I was 16 and they found out I have two faulty heart valves.  Now I'm on heart medication, which keeps the heartbeat even.  Please take care of yourself.

Tendai, I just don't know what to say.  I am so, so sorry you and the rest of the people have to live like that.  I wish raw sewage would flow through Mugabe's office. >:(   This morning I just saw Bush get a humanitarian award for his work with Africa and I was thinking, "if only they knew what Tendai and the people in that area go through." 

Netta, yay!  You get to move, that's great.  I know how much you're looking forward to it.  About your mum...... you know my mum died last August.  I miss her terribly.  But my mum and I always had a close relationship.  She did some strange things when I was growing up, but like you said, forgiveness comes in, especially with aging parents.  Even if you two weren't real close, I don't think anyone can replace a mother (as long as she's not a monster or anything).  As far as your kids, you said it-you show them you love them.  That's important.  And yeah, I heard about the 5.8% raise we're supposed to get in social security.  Of course, that will mean something will get cut (food stamps, etc.).

It's cold and rainy here again today and it's supposed to be for the next couple days, then snow.   It's that time of year.  My therapist is coming over today and tonight is the Human Sexuality class.  I enjoy that one more than the Forensic Psych.  It's much more interesting and the teacher is more focused. 

My sinuses are still giving me trouble.  Yesterday I went to the drug store to get something for them.  When the pharmacist was putting my license number into the register he said "you know, some people make methamphetamine out of this."  Now, this is a pharmacist I've known for years.  I'm not sure exactly why he said that.  Maybe just to make conversation.  We have had quite a few meth lab busts around this area lately. 

Nothing else to report.  You ladies all have a good day.

Offline netta

« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2008, 09:05:29 pm »
 :D :D :DThats funny Betty ! My sinuses hate me also, I bought a nette pot and it seems to help some, I am so dry, my face,lips get very dry also. Did the medicine he gave you help?
Queen, I hopeyou are feeling .
BTW has anyone heard from minismom???
Hope everyone is well.

tendai

« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2008, 02:51:21 am »
netta i sent u a pm. congrats on the apartment, u having a housewarming party?  how i wish i could move from where we staying, but hey its cheap compared to other places. maybe when things settle around here (God only knows when that will be).

Im sure considering myself lucky anyway, thinking of all those who've been hit by the cholera etc. u get to count your blessings and i get to think 'man i may have HIV but theres a whole lot of other worse shit that can happen to me'. My boss's niece died from cholera yesterday, she was a nurse so guess she got it from caring for patients. so at funerals people go shaking the hands of the bereaved in condolence, so all thats stopped now for fear of spreading the germs. the driver said they were bumping elbows

thank goodness its friday, what u  all going to be up to. i've got no special plans. try to go to the bank and see if i can get whats left of  my money out now that we're allowed to make interbank account money transfers.

Offline Sweet_C

« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2008, 07:48:01 pm »
Drag, I'm so happy the wedding went well!!! I bet it was beautiful.

Viv--Good news on the cancer.  It's funny how people seem to dread HIV so much more than cancer.

Tendai--OMG, I couldn't imagine what things are like there.

Congrats on the move Netta!!!!

Thanks everyone, esp. Emeraldize, for the responses on the disclosure to docs issue.  Since you explain it that way, I will not just brush those types of questions off anymore.  I trust the docs, but it's the receptionists and nurses and most leery of.  Oh well, one day I really won't care what anyone thinks as long as I'm healthy.

I hope the rest of you ladies have a great weekend!!

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2008, 07:50:52 pm »
Hi GFs~

So sorry I have been away.  I have been staying (living) at Iceman's and its kinda become a regular thing.  I am sentimental about not being at my own place, but Ice has been feeding me, and the commute is easier from here.

I have had some really rough days with the neck and perception thing, but I am handling it, esp where driving is concerned.  I have really bad trigger finger or tendonitis in my right hand and its almost become unbearable this past week.  Good thing is, even though I can't bend my middle finger all the way down, at least it can stay straight up, in case I have to give anyone the bird, lol!

Iceman's sis and her family, as well as his kids came over last Sunday.  We watched football and celebrated Ice's birthday a couple days early.  His bday was Tues 11/11.  I took the day off today and we celebrated my birthday.  I am 39 today.   ;D  Just resting and being a couch potato and putting ice on my right hand.

I got a gorgeous watch from Iceman tonight and he bought concert tickets for the day after Christmas to see a rock band that has been around here since the 80s!  I am excited!

Its been a fun birthday week, with lots of cake and celebrating!

Hope those of you under the weather feel better.  Drag, you are just zonked out from all of the excitement so get some rest!  Queen, are the chest pains getting any better?  I think Viv and Netta and a few others were feeling yuck, too?  Take care of yourselves!

~Cindy  (who is now hitting Control A, Control C, just in case  ;)  )
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline vivyt

« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2008, 10:13:45 am »
Hey all.

Cindy-How are things going at work? Sorry about your hand. If it's not one thing it's another! It sounds like Iceman's family has welcomed you in. Is that going well?

Sweet C-  To me, the idea of cancer really wasn't a big deal especially after the HIV. I don't know if that is normal or what but at this point anytime something goes wrong (physically) I'm like "whatever, I'll deal with it." As far as disclosure goes, any type sucks. Any other disease and people feel sympathy and show concern. With HIV they are like, Oh...and you know they are judging. I don't blame the people I blame society and we still have a long way to go before people REALLY understand what this is about and who it effects.

Tendai- Wow! It sure seems like there is a lot of unrest there. I think I need to do some research on your area. Take care of yourself!

Netta- Hi! :) I have one of those pots. When my sinuses were really bad I used it. It really works and your nasal passages feel so much better. I should really use it more often. My mom got it for me but she had a difficult time finding one. My ENT recommended it.

BT- That is kind of random that the pharmacist would mention that. Huh. Are you enjoying your classes more?

Well this weekend I should be totally about business. My report cards have to be finished by 7:00am Wednesday morning. We have to enter them in online. Of course I still have to organize my grades and add in last minute quiz grades etc. This last week was a short week, we had Mon and Tues off for Veteran's Day and we had to do give district interim test. Every grade has to complete a writing prompt and we all have to get together to grade them and that is what we started to to do last night. One of the teachers is  new to the grade level and he is a pain. He has to be right all the time and when he doesn't get his way he gets and attitude. I think he has "short man's complex". He came up to 5th grade from 2nd and of course we are showing him the ropes but he tries to tell us how we should do things. In 5th grade the kids are supposed to write 4-5 paragraph essays and then we have to grade them. Well he was disagreeing with how we grade them so my partner asked him how do they grade paragraphs in 2nd grade and he said they don't do paragraphs. So...why are you telling us how to grade something you have no experience with? I mean please! He just aggravates me. He is totally overwhelmed with the work load and we knew that would happen but he doesn't want help and all he does is blame others....ok....that's enough of that!
I am planning to get all my work done this weekend! Yeah I know I say that all the time LOL!

Have a good weekend everyone!

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2008, 07:15:40 pm »
Hey ladies,

Cin, happy belated birthday!  It sounds like you had a really nice time.

Andrea, yes, I'm enjoying my classes more than the last 8 weeks.  I've heard of nettie pots (thanks for the reminder, Netta), but I just feel like I would panic with liquid going into my nose.  I hope you get your work done.  Don't overload yourself. 

My weekend has been a whole lot of nothing.  My sinuses are still bothering me and yesterday I had the random sweats, which I hate.  Anyway, I quit taking the generic Sudafed.  It didn't do anyting but make me drowsy.  I'll live.  Oh, I did get my homework done today.

Tomorrow all I plan to do is look through the sale ads.  If anything else comes up, you all will be the first to know. ;)  Have a good evening all.

Offline vivyt

« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2008, 10:22:50 pm »
Well I didn't get much work done. I have been glued to the news and a little worried about the fires. Usually when the fires happen they are in areas far away, this time they are very close. One big one is about 20 minutes from me. This is the worst I have ever seen it! Crazy...

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2008, 05:06:55 pm »
Andrea, please take care and let us know how you're doing.

Offline vivyt

« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2008, 09:02:56 pm »
Well I am still here!  :) I have never experienced anything so crazy. The fires are still burning but the Santa Ana winds have stopped so that has helped, at least that's what the news says. Practically all of southern ca. has declared a state of emergency. The fire has not really gotten any closer. It's still about 15-20 minutes away but the devastation is terrible. There have been thousands of people evacuated. You really can't even go outside, the air is so bad. There is ash all over the place. We do have a regular fire season out here but this is unlike any other. The fire department didn't even know how to approach it all because it was just jumping all over the place randomly. It really hit the residential areas hard. It's just scary at how close it can get. Right now it is 0% contained but the fire department seems to have a better handle on it. Just to clarify...the fires are in Los Angeles county, Orange County (where I'm at), and Riverside county. I feel so bad for the families who lost their homes. It is heartbreaking to hear them on the news.

The only good thing from it all is that it has forced me to stay inside and get most of my report cards finished. Hey, there has to be a silver lining right?  :) I'll keep you posted!

tendai

« Reply #45 on: November 17, 2008, 04:06:36 am »
viv - that must be so scary. i cant imagine what those who lost their homes are going thru. the fires look so ferocious on tv and on satellite pictures its nothing but smoke in those areas. i wonder what started them, bar-b-q gone wrong? at least u're safe. i hope u're prepared for evacuation if it comes to that.
i wouldnt say we have unrest here as such. people are too scared to do anything like march in the streets, the riot police are so well-trained and prepared and no-one wants to get beaten up. its more like an economic meltdown free-for-all kind of thing.  prices are just shooting every single day, the foreign exchange rate goes up at least twice  day. bread costs ZW$1,5million a loaf, in forex it should cost 1US$ but we have crazy prices here. the news said they're about to form the unity government but we're not holding our breath, heard it all before ::)
and that colleague of yours sounds like a real pain the neck! empty vessels and all that..

Betty - hope your sinuses are getting better. what u planning on buying?

Cindy - Happy birthday to  both u and iceman. glad to see you guys going strong as ever

Netta - finished unpacking? hows the new apartment look?

my weekend was uneventful, a friend of mine came with a six pack of beer, "avoid cholera - drink beer" was the general idea. its finally raining, at lest it will clear the filth in the cholera areas and farmers can get down to serious business now ::). the stupid rain cut off our power at home sunday afternoon, i hope its restored by the time we get back home today.
y'all take care now :-*

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2008, 04:21:54 am »
Morning---

This will prolly be my last post for awhile. I was hoping it would be til check day but the car gave out on me so what money I do have left will have to go to getting it fixed. And then on top of that, we get hit with more snow. Well, the chest pains was coming from me shoveling, I pulled a rib according to my ID doc. My cd4 dropped a little but I think that was due to the flu shot and being sick a few times. I did end up getting a middle ear infection which has slapped me with a case of vertigo. I do not like feeling drunk and off balance, this sucks majorly. Yesterday, I slept all day or I should say Saturday.

I am still trying to get past the minor setbacks and see about getting into school. I got a call from someone from the school saying they were impressed with my test score but it's been phone tag mainly. So since you guys will not be seeing me anytime soon. I will wish you all a Happy Turkey Day and a Merry Christmas cause I am not sure if I will be around then either. I will PM my snail mail addy to BT if anyone wishes to stay in contact with me or call. I will miss you all..... :-* :-* :-*
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #47 on: November 17, 2008, 09:11:17 am »
Morning ladies,

Andrea, I'm glad you're doing alright.  I saw on the news that some people were allowed to go back to their homes (or ashes).  Is that in your area?  I'm glad you got the report cards done.

Tendai, "drink beer, avoid cholera,"  :D.  That's funny.  I hope your power's back on.  What is the unity government?  And oh, I'm not buying anything.  I just like to look at the sale ads.  I do look at the grocery sale ads though, to see who's got the best deal.  It's just kinda fun to look sometimes.

Queen, you're sure going to be missed.  I'm sorry about your inner ear infection and your car messing up.  If it's not one thing, it's always something else.  Take care of yourself and have a good holiday season.  We'll see you when we see you. 

And yeah, if anyone wants Queen's address or phone #, pm me.   

It's snowing here, big flakes.  It would seem that since I've lived in this kind of season-changing weather almost my whole life that I'd be used to it.  But the first snow is always a surprise.  The weatherman was telling people to slow down and said there's been a lot of "fender-benders."  You'd think people would know better by now.  I'm going to have to adjust also (to driving).  I'm not driving my big tank anymore, so this little car will probably slip and slide more. 

Today I'm going to do laundry and go to the store and get some toilet paper and dish soap.  Other than that, I have nothing else planned.  I really don't want to go out to even do those small tasks; putting off the inevitable I guess.  But, I shall.  You ladies have a good day (and safe if you live where this snow's hitting).

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #48 on: November 17, 2008, 01:24:53 pm »
Hi ladies,

Happy Birthday Cindy, wishing you all the best in the world.  :-* I hope this neck issue resolves, Ive been having my RSI on and off too. Sounds like a great cozy family time with Ice!

Andrea, OMG please be careful stepping outside, it's very bad for us to inhale smoke. I know you need to work and go out and everything, but please put yourself first. Maybe I'm overracting, not to the fires (that's madness) but with the smoke thing, but I am extra careful with that kind of stuff myself.

I hope this will be history soon, so many natural disasters all the bloody time.

Betty I hope you sort out your sinuses soon. I remember as a kid how painful that can be. It's cold here too but not snowing yet, but we dont get nearly as cold as Indiana. "We", as if I was "them", well you know what I mean anyway. Im buying very little these days too. although my husband (I was going to write BF) just bought a TV. we havent had one that worked for over a year, its second hand so was quite cheap, Im going to christen it by watching a drama about additiction tonight on BBC, Pure its called, even thought it starts past midnight. What the hell, im tired and stressed at work anyways these days...

Tendai, I don't know what to say anymore. Cholera. Its like the plague,  real plague passing so easily and putting HIV into perspective, you read about these things in disaster zones after an earthquake or something, except that this disaster is totally manmade. I do read and watch and I have seen shocking report about the state of the hospitals in zim, if they can be called that at all. I don't mention it here, unless you do, I figure you dont need to be reminded. Every time I read from you its like being slapped awake and told to appreciate my life and forget all my grivences, cos they are just luxuries.

Netta congratulations on the move, finally! Its nice to hear about your mom. Probabaly the thing that hurts me most is being away from my parents for extended periods of time.

Sweet C thanks for your wishes, they are sweet... I am wary of receptionists also. but then again we cant be the first possies weve seen and if we are they'd better get used to it.

Queen I hope things work out for you re school and am sorry your car flopped again, that sucks and i hope you wont have to stay offline for very long.

I would like to post everyday but I cant spare the time, takes me about 1/2 hour and after all the time off for the wedding and missing 4(!) workdays last week due to the leak in my house [which i am not yet satisfied is completely resolved but I hope so] and with a bunch of deadlines over my head I am just swamped. I try to come as often as I can and miss you ladies!

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #49 on: November 17, 2008, 06:39:54 pm »
Well, computer is not off yet, I expect that it will be tomorrow for sure. I have had one hell of a day which has had me in tears for the most part. I'm not ready to get into all that but I am just not really sure how much more I can take. I am still stuck with vertigo, my sister is getting on my last nerve, car is still broke down and not sure what is going on with school, I am still playing phone tag with the guy I mentioned before. I spoke to my ASO case manager literally bawling on the phone.

I am feeling myself getting depressed because I am not seeing a way out at the moment. Those that know me know I am not one to really ask for help from anyone. And that is because I try to help myself to the best of my ability before looking elsewhere. Today, I tried to get help with some things and basically was told, "No, that getting help fixing my car to try to go to school is a convience". What a crock of shit.

I heard that Obama is planning on doing a stimulus package too but it is suppose to be for a grand. Has anyone else heard anything about this? I sure hope it is true, that money could help me get another car at least.

I just thought I would check in since my internet is on for the moment. I ask that you girls pray for me because at this point I feel like I am going to crack.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #50 on: November 18, 2008, 03:27:15 am »
hey Queen,

Im sorry things are so crap and hope they work out for you soon. Maybe if you started school you could fix a ride with someone from your area, but you still need a car for everything else where you live. Can you borrow someone's car in the meantime? From what I have seen so far I think things will work out for you eventually. if the stimulous romour is correct, would that be enough to get a "new" car? i heard cars in the states are really cheap (the old ones). Fingers crossed for you to resolve this, hang in there...

Offline vivyt

« Reply #51 on: November 18, 2008, 08:42:49 am »
Good Morning Ladies  :)

Drag- I definitely know what it's like to be busy. How are the "newlyweds" doing?

Queen- I wish things could be different for you.

Well, the fires are pretty much under control. A couple of teachers had to be evacuated but their houses didn't burn. Yesterday the air quality was so bad the kids weren't allowed to go outside. They had to be inside all day which is terrible for everyone. Unfortunately BT, I did not completely finish my report cards but I only have a couple things left so I am not stressed about it. This week is a full one for sure. On Friday my class and another class put on a Thanksgiving feast. The kids do everything. I think I may have mentioned it last year. It's hard to believe that another year has gone by! It is always stressful leading up to it, but the end result is so worth it! That's all for now! Have a good day everyone  ;D

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #52 on: November 18, 2008, 11:48:41 am »
Hey ladies,

Queen, I'm so sorry things are going to shit right now.  If you're thinking about going to school, after you get the thing with the loans straightened out (like I said before, if you took out the loans before you went on disability, they should be able to be discharged), start with vocational rehabilitation.  There's offices in every area of the country.  They pay for people who are disabled to go to school.  Before I got a car, voc rehab also gave me  bus tokens to get back and forth to school.  Would that be an option?  As far as the vertigo, if it doesn't go away, I would be in contact with the doctor.  You might have something going on in your ears.  Your case manager at the ASO should give you a ride if you need to see the dotor.  I'm not trying to tell you what to do; just trying to think of some things that may help.  Do either one of your ears ache?  If one does, maybe you could try putting a very warm washrag on it and lay down.  I don't know if that would help or not, but it might.  Anyway, I'll definitely be praying for you and keeping you in my thoughts, gf.  Don't give up. 

Drag, we got 4 inches of snow here last night.  I couldn't believe it when I got up this morning.  So, that of course meant shoveling and more shoveling.  Good exercise though.  Just a comment on what you said about "used cars being cheap" here in the states.  Not really.  It used to be (when I was like 16) that one could get a good used car for like $500.  Now, a good used car costs at least a couple thousand.   I'm glad your husband got a new t.v. for you guys.  I've gotten t.v.'s at 2nd hand stores before (usually pawn shops).  You can get some good deals in pawn shops.  They have a t.v. show on here about addiction called "Intervention."  I watch it sometimes.  They also have a show called "Celebrity Rehab." (I think that's what it's called).  I watched it Sunday.  It's all Hollywood (or rock and roll) stars in drug/alcohol treatment in California.  They're just like regular people when it comes to addiction etc.  Anyway, I'm rambling.  I hope you're doing well and that your hand is feeling a bit better.  Do you wear a brace?

Andrea, the Thanksgiving dinner sounds like fun.  How do the kids usually do?  They prepare the food?  I'm glad to hear the fires are kind of controlled and that you didn't have to evacuate.  It's so sad that so many people lost their homes. 

Well, like I told Drag, we had about 4 inches of snow last night.  I was so surprised when I got up, but I had heard we were supposed to get some lake effect (this area is famous for that).  So I was out shoveling this morning. 

All I did today (besides the shoveling) was change my cat's litter and mail a couple cards.  My sister in Arizona is giving up care of her stepson to a licensed home because his father stalks her and she wants it to stop.  Her stepson is blind, severely retarded, and has cerebral palsy real bad.  There's also something wrong with his lungs.  I'm not sure exactly what, but I know when he was a newborn, he was cold blue.  He's in his 20's now, and my sister has been taking care of him since he was about 5.  She and his father got divorced years ago, but the father won't quit harrassing my sister and sending her strange e-mails.  It's like cyber-stalking.  He even moved into my sister's neighborhood, which really freaked her out.  Hopefully she'll be safe. 

Well ladies, I'm going to check out a few more threads.  You all have a good day.

tendai

« Reply #53 on: November 19, 2008, 05:17:49 am »
hie ladies

queen - sorry things are so shitty right now, i hope something works out.  here's a big ((((((HUG))))))))

drag - sorry to slap u so much :)  theres some lawyer group who intends to sue the government and the water authority for the deaths of those people. good luck with that, if Mugabe controls the Justice ministry they wont get any justice.  i dont think theres a good reason for letting a high density suburb go withoout water for 3 months and not expect diseases. and yet u go into town and u see water flowing down the street from burst pipes or whatever.  now that its pouring with rain we're hoping the situation will get better. hopefully the rain wont just carry the cholera back into the rivers and into our homes.  i guess God felt it was time to intervene huh?
hows your husband? aint it great saying that? like when u introduce him "this is my husband".  cool.  good luck with work, dont burn yourself out

betty - the unity government is the government consisting of the ZANU PF (Mugabe) and the MDC working together "sharing power" they say ::).   about your sister, can she tell the police that that man is harassing her and could potentially mean them harm? last thing she needs is worrying about him i bet..

viv - im glad u're safe

its been raining since 5am today. so i didnt get up until around 8.30 coz there was no way i wouldve made it in that downpour.  anyway i got to work at 10! and my boss was pissed. no way was i getting myself soaked to the skin, what if i caught pneumonia with all our cheaper hospitals closed? the doctors and nurses did a march in protest of the collapse in health delivery. if those riot police had beaten them up... they wouldnt dare! who'd look after patients if all the health providers were injured?  i would've been tempted to call in sick if there was electricity but it went off as soon as it started to rain. could actually hear it buzzing buzzing then it was lights out. i hope this does not mean that every single time it rains we will be "powerless" :)
i wish obama would start work already, people are already saying all sorts of stuff before he's even done anything yet. still dont get why the elections go like that over there in the US, maybe voting should've been done in January then he'd just win and start work the next day..
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 05:27:50 am by tendai »

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #54 on: November 19, 2008, 02:19:42 pm »
Afternoon ladies,

Tendai, my sister's ex used to be on felony probation.  He never went to jail, but they gave him "felony" probation because of what he could potentially be capable of.  But, he is her stepson's father and has never presented a direct danger to his son.  It's complicated.  Anyway, about the election..... each new president has to pick a whole new cabinet.  And that takes awhile i.e. choosing someone, their backgrounds are investigated etc.  There also has to be a transition into the White House.  And there are other elections going on, like senate elections and congress elections.  I voted for Obama, but I don't expect miracles.  Our economy is so bad, it's going to take a long while to fix it up. 

Nothing much going on in my world at the moment.  Just school tonight.  I have to write two big papers, one for each class.  And a short one for Forensic Psych about one of the chapters in our text.  I, of course, picked the chapter about drugs.  It says in there that drugs don't directly cause criminal behavior, that people are predisposed to it (criminal behavior).  I totally disagree with that and if the teacher o.k.'s it, I will be writing about that to disprove the text.  When I was doing dope, I was a stone, hard criminal and before doing dope, I was a straight-A, law-abiding citizen.  Anyway, that's about all for today.  You all have a good one.

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #55 on: November 19, 2008, 09:47:02 pm »
Now there is something to think about. Drugs and criminal behavior.

The use of drugs is a criminal act most often. While using drugs people often resort to criminal acts to get the money to pay for the drugs. 
I think they mean the drugs themselves do not cause the criminal behavior. Its the persons desire or need to have the drug that makes many people resort to criminal activities in order to support or pay for the continued use of the drug.

Maybe that was too simplified. I'm sure there is a better way of saying it.

I've been around and reading post I just haven't felt like typing much lately.
Hope you ladies had a nice day. Mine was decent. I'm doing ok aside from pooping my butt off as usual. LOL

modified because I thought of an analogy

Think of drugs like a parked car. Like drugs the car is an inanimate object.
A car without a driver does not wreck. So its the actions of the person that causes the wreck not the inanimate object.

It is a flawed analogy but I think it works for the most part.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 10:05:44 pm by Winiroo »

Offline vivyt

« Reply #56 on: November 19, 2008, 10:56:36 pm »
Hey everyone. Just a quick stop. Finished all of my report cards so I am very happy! Here in my state we are also having problems in government. Apparently there is no money so Arnold is saying that there are going to be serious cuts in education. It irritates me how the first place they always want to take from are the schools. It's just ridiculous! They talk about increasing class size and cutting back on programs. I know there are problems in education but that is not the way to solve it. They need to get rid of the teachers who are just there because there is a summer vacation....Ok, that's all! Off my box... ;D

Nice to hear from you Wendy. I hope you are doing well.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #57 on: November 20, 2008, 09:37:04 am »
Morning ladies,

Wendy, the textbook is saying that the drugs do not cause criminal behavior; I don't think they mean the drugs in and of themselves, because they go on to say that people who act criminally while using drugs were already predisposed to that.  That's what I intend to disprove.  The abuse of drugs turns a lot of people into criminals.  Believe me, I have a lot of personal experience with that.  Before using drugs, I wasn't a criminal and I'm not now.  And of course, I'll only be talking about the drugs I have experience with, not the ones I don't (like the "club" drugs, never did those).  Anyway, it's good to hear from you.  Sorry you've still got the shits.  Does nothing stop that for ya?

Andrea, congrats on getting the report cards done.  It is sad when the state government decides to cut education.  That's the future they're fucking with.  I didn't realize California was in such dire circumstances. 

I'm probably going to go to my doctor's today and get lab slips for my bloodwork.  The receptionist said she mailed them out last Friday, so they should have been here by now if they were going to get here.  I need to get them done, as I have a doctor's appointment Dec. 2nd.  I also have to take a bill to them to talk to whomever is in charge of that and ask what the hell they're sending me a bill for.  I have Medicare and Medicaid.  Of course, the Medicaid isn't always active when I can't pay the $130/month to activate it, but regardless, I have Medicare and that should be good enough where I go. 

Other than that, school tonight.  We're supposed to get 6-12 inches of lake effect snow between today and tomorrow, so maybe they'll cancel school.  The whole time I've been going there, they've only cancelled school once.  A couple years ago, it was unseasonably warm and we hardly got any snow.  Last year and this year we're making up for it big time.  You ladies have a good day.

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #58 on: November 20, 2008, 10:47:49 am »
Drug addiction leads to criminal behavior in many people but not all people. 
This is a complex subject to work over in my head. While I do not have nor have I ever had a drug problem, in the past I was highly involved in the lives of many people in recovery. I have seen the effects of use and abuse in friends and family.
I'm not sure if those who chose crime to support their habit where predisposed to crime or if they where pushed by their need for the drug into crime in able to support that addiction.
I think it would be hard to prove one way or the other. Good luck, it sounds like it will be a tough task.

I think my meds is the cause of the squirts but it could be a combo low immune system and hiv meds. The world will never know. LOL  I noticed it stopped when I took pain meds more than once a day. I dont want to do that. Lomodil or antidiarrhea meds work slightly but not very well.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #59 on: November 20, 2008, 02:24:55 pm »
Most people who choose crime to support their drug habit are not predisposed to crime.  Being that I've been around recovery since 1989, I've seen too many people who were stone hard criminals when they were abusing drugs, then all that behavior stops once they get into recovery.  That's an easy point to prove.

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #60 on: November 21, 2008, 07:03:29 am »
hey ladies,

guess what, I am home waiting for the guys to come fix the leak again, and after wasteing 4 days on it, and after them wreaking havoc on my upstairs neighbour's place last time, its even worse than before. what a nightmare.

well, not really a "nightmare". but sucks anyway.

hiya Wendy! sorry to hear you have the runs. I had a massage last night and in the middle of the session I had to tell my therapist he'd better stop. all that lying on my stomach, although he wasnt putting pressure on it, was just dangerous. How embarassing, but better than the alternative... I just blames it on the meds, I mean, it IS the meds, esp the PIs Im on. I dont get the runs often but do get a lot of "volcanic activity". It would help if I ate better though, which I totally dont.

Betty that guy [sister's ex] sounds so creepy. There is no end to the wierdness in this world is there.

I do agree with you about drugs. I mean, asides from the fact that doing drugs itself is criminal (I know you guys seperate crime and felony and all that, I am not sure the difference so to me just means against the law). depending on the person, wouldnt always lead to hard crime, but would lead to asocial behavior (regardless that people can be very outgoing and social when on drugs, but not giving a fuck really). I know I have been there... not in the very heavy addictive side but I have seen in myself (and continue to see in others) how even being partial to prescription drugs leads people to manipulation, lying, conniving, basically doing anything to get it. I mean, not everyone on drugs will become a robber or a prostitute, depends on the severity, but lots of people would use fake prescriptions for example, or steal meds from someone's house if they are a guest.

I think you can say, the stronger the addiction (and the poorer the person in relation to the money they need to fuel it), the more likely that they will do criminal things. Although criminal varies from place to place. Prostitution for example is not criminal here. But what's always wierd to me is seeing those hollywood types get caught DIU, when they have plenty of money for a taxi or even a chauffer. I guess some drug-related crime is to supply drugs, and the other kind is just the result of a lack of judgement.

I'm quite strict with my view of drugs these days. But I know that whatever horror stories I heard on drugs had absoltely no impact on me at the time, they are just too lucrative.

Andrea, congrats on the report cards. That Arnie is such a muppet, it always looks so strange for me to see him on the news, but I guess you're all fully used to it.

Tendai, I hope you didn't get caught up in the rain. If youre not online in the mornings I guess there is a powerbreak. Hope you have an OK weekend, am thinking of you. Hope you get with your family or something, just for things to ease up a bit.

Great weekend to all you ladies, take good care...  :-*

Oh BTW Snow, your dog is sooo cute

« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 07:06:30 am by Dragonette »

Offline vivyt

« Reply #61 on: November 21, 2008, 08:09:43 am »
Good Morning!

I can relate to bathroom issues. I don't get the runs but my BM's have been loose since starting meds. I'm just used to it by now. One thing is for sure, when I have to go there is NO waiting! LOL

Interesting discussion about drugs. I don't know a whole lot about it but it all seems so difficult to figure out. Addiction is a very murky thing and people can do things they wouldn't normally do because of addiction, any addiction.

Well today is our feast day and I am already running through everything in my mind. I'll let you know how it goes.

Have a good day  ;D

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #62 on: November 21, 2008, 09:56:23 am »
Morning ladies,

Drag, I really hope they get that leak fixed.  That totally sucks.  Years ago I rented an apartment and I was in the bathroom one time, and all of a sudden, liquid came down from the ceiling.  It was coming from the apartment above mine.  It turned out, the people upstairs were putting orange peels and syringes down their toilet, causing the pipes to do whatever it was they did.  The landlord had to replace the toilet upstairs.  But it was a mess and I was extremely pissed off.  Good luck.  Is there anything you're going to have to do, like to the floors or anything to make them "clean" again?

Andrea, happy feast day!  You'll have to tell us all the details next time you're on.  I'd like to hear about it.

About the drugs, I've been strung out on a variety of things at different times.  When I was 15-16, it was cocaine.  After that and speed damaged a couple valves in my heart, it was heroin, until I was 18.  When I was on heroin, that's when I stripped, prostituted, fenced (stealing things and selling them), and doing sexual favors for cops so I wouldn't go to jail.  When I found out I was pregnant, I stopped the heroin.  After my daughter was born, I started drinking heavily. And I prostituted at various times.  The last struggle I had with drugs was prescription drugs.  I was seeing this psychiatrist that had me on (yes, he was prescribing all of this) large doses of: Valium, extra-strength Vicodin, Morphine, Dextroamphetamine, sometimes Xanax, Fentanyl and Methadone; pluse large doses of Estrogen, Progesterone and thyroid meds.  During that time, I tried to pass a bad script (I stole part of a prescription pad at a dr.'s office) once; the pharmacist told me never to come back.  I was very fortunate-he could had called the cops and I could have been on my way to prison.  I also stole, a lot, from people, stores, anything that had anything that could be lifted.  I was busted for shoplifting three times.  The judge could have waved me into felony court on the last time, as that time the 3rd time being busted could, at the judge's discretion, constitute a felony.  The judge gave me probation.  Now, the first time being caught shoplifting is a felony, at least in this part of Indiana.

Anyway, I ended up in a nursing home because of all the meds, in a wheelchair, incontinent, never making sense when I talked, and finally became extremely delusional.  I thought I could hear people talking through the walls about me.  I saw things that weren't there.  I was highly agitated all the time, verbally attacking people.  When I was delusional was when they court-ordered me into the county mental health center.  Two sherrifs took me there, handcuffed and shackled.  I was totally freaked out.  I spent three days in bed, going through the most horrible withdrawals I had ever been through.  I wouldn't take any meds they offered me, because I thought they were trying to kill me.  When I say I spent three days in bed, I mean I never got out of the bed.  And I'm diabetic, and not sure how I survived three days without eating, unless when I was out of it, they gave me something so my sugar wouldn't crash.  The first shower I had was given to me by two nurses, who wheeled me into the shower room, because I still was going through too severe a withdrawal to walk. 

When the "fog" cleared, I pushed for help, and for independence.  And that's the story about how I got to where I'm at today.  It was a little over three years ago that I was in the hospital, and I never, ever want to have an experience like that again.  There are many more stories to my addiction, but it would turn out to be a book if I wrote about them all.

OK, this is turning into an extremely long post, and I know whenever I see a long post, I always groan before reading it, so I won't go on much longer.  We really got hit with snow here.  So far, there's 7 inches outside.  We're still getting more (snow) and are expected to for the next two hours.  That means I'll be shoveling in a bit.  Hopefully I'll be able to get out today.  I don't have much to do, but I don't like to feel trapped at home.  Anyway, sorry for talking so much.  I hope you ladies all have a good day.

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #63 on: November 21, 2008, 08:59:55 pm »
I admire intelligence. I usually skim over some of the long posts but I read yours Betty. You seem like one smart cookie.

Have a great evening ladies!

Offline vivyt

« Reply #64 on: November 21, 2008, 09:40:08 pm »
I agree with you Wendy. You know Betty, the things we experience in life make us who we are. You are definitely someone who has learned and has turned it around. I wish more people would do something about their situation rather than blame everyone and wait for someone to do everything for them.

Well I am absolutely exhausted! Today's feast went very well. Of course it is always a mess after the fact. The kids really enjoyed themselves and the food. We make corn, real mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, gravy, and pumpkin cookies. It's funny how some of the kids have no idea how some of the food is made. All of them had specific jobs: peeling potatoes, mixing and baking the cookies, stirring the corn in the crock pot, mashing the potatoes, mashing the cranberries, pouring cider, setting the tables (desks), etc. When the potatoes were boiling some the kids had no idea that was how you do it. They also got very excited about boiling the cranberries and when they would pop they would Oooh and Aahh. So cute! On the flip side, this group is also VERY immature and egocentric. Most of them cannot see beyond their own needs. We had to have a quick lesson on manners too. Overall it was a good day, but I am sure glad it's done! I am looking forward to resting this weekend.

Have a good night everyone!!! ;D ;D

Offline keepingfaith

• Go Me!
« Reply #65 on: November 21, 2008, 10:08:58 pm »
Hey Ladies,

Hope everyone is fine. Just stopping in to let you guys know I am still here. I have been working alot of over time and I am tired as Heck. My birthday is Monday, November 24, go me. I don't know what I will do as of now. Well I'm out for a minuter. Will check in later.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #66 on: November 22, 2008, 08:18:43 am »
Morning ladies,

Thanks, Wendy.  I really feel fortunate my brain cells aren't completely depleted considering everything I put in my body in the past.

Andrea, that feast sounds really good.  I've never "made" cranberry sauce; could you tell me exactly how to do that?  I'd like to make it sometime.   I hope you have a restful weekend.

Keeping, well happy birthday!  I hope you do something nice for yourself. 

We got more snow on and off yesterday.  So, a total of like 7 or 8 inches.  Yuck.  And last night the temp was only 9F.  Monday we're supposed to get more snow, then by Thanksgiving it's supposed to be 47F (at least that's what they're predicting right now).  I can't believe we're getting this much snow so early in the season.  I hope this is no preview of what December's going to be like. 

I'm going to take my best friend out to eat today (when she gets off work) for her 20th year clean date.  I told her to pick the restaurant.  Other than that, I have no spectacular plans.  You ladies have a good, safe day.

Offline vivyt

« Reply #67 on: November 22, 2008, 09:03:27 am »
The cranberry sauce is really easy.

1 cup of water
1 cup of sugar
Boil
Add 1 12oz package of whole fresh cranberries and bring back to a boil

Basically you boil unitl they burst and then you mash them. When you let it set it will thinken up.

The recipie is on the back of the package. Most of the kids like it.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #68 on: November 22, 2008, 09:14:42 am »
Andrea, do you drain the cranberries before you mash them, or do you mash them, the water and the sugar all together?

Offline vivyt

« Reply #69 on: November 22, 2008, 11:39:26 am »
I've always done it without draining but I suppose you could drain off some of the liquid.

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #70 on: November 22, 2008, 01:19:29 pm »
hi ladies,

its snowing here as well.

Happy Birthday Keeping
! hope this year brings you everything you want in all areas

Andrea is sounds so delicious! yum

Betty, you are amazing both as a person and as a testimony to the incredible rejovinating powers of the human mind and body. I dont think people realize how dangerous prescription drugs can be. They did a similar number on me, as I once wrote you, though not to that extreme (still it was pretty extreme and took a large chunk of a very important time of my life). I wasnt taking as many, not even close, but way too much. I also got (some) of them prescribed. I cant beleive that doctor prescribed all that for you. Good grief.

I hate these flashbacks from the past. It seems the happier I am the more they show up. If I am not anxious about the future, I lament the past - and I have an awful lot to lament. Like you I also feel that I got away with a lot and I am lucky to even be here. Yet the risks I took and the life I led look timid, in comparison, but they weren't at all, so I am even more aware that going down that route is like falling down a hole, you never know when it will end. I am just so thankful those days are over for me, you and everyone who got out of there. I wish I didnt have all those memories that make me cringe, but there you go.

--warning: if you are easily grossed out do not read the next paragraph---

speaking of, I think I mentioned here once that I opened the door to go to work one day and there was a woman shooting up on the landing. well often I come home and there is a smell of urine there too, but today we couldnt beleive it, someone actually left a shit on the stairs! to make it even worse, some poor sod had already stepped in it.
I dont live in a rough area at all but I do spot addicts and dealers around quite often.
nasty stuff. thankfully one of the neighbours cleaned it. I would have not been able to (I did use to clean hotel rooms a while back and toilets as part of that job, but this is different).

ugh, hope no one is having dinner while reading this.

and now that I wrote this I remember that once I did a similar thing, well not quite as bad but peed next to someone's door. From what you know of me already do I sound like someone who would do that? just goes to show I guess.

----end of gross bit---

as for the leak, it doesnt come from a toilet but from the external wall of the neighbours upstairs. my estate agency's sent people to fix it, and they did try, its just the whole thing is really bad and old, so the repairs have not solved it. I think the building has been neglacted for so long they would have to reinsulate the whole wall, but of course the owner (not the angency) will not do that. They can install central heating while they're at it, its bloody cold here.

Ladies I am rambiling. Have a nice evening and lots of love then

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #71 on: November 22, 2008, 04:51:31 pm »
Still here but I think my internet will be off on Monday. Also before I forget, Happy Bday, Keeping and Belated Bday to Cindy. Nothing really going on with me, I'm just in a kind of funk so that is why I really haven't been replying to anyone. Not gonna get into it here but if you want to know why, you can check out my blog.

I have been sleeping a lot and staying up late. Did I mention I haven't smoked a cig in about 3 days. Not that I am trying to quit, I just don't have the money to get any. Ain't that a trip. And I am noticing that I am eating more too, not crazy about that part.

Sexy came over the other day which was a nice surprise. He's allergic to my cat and doesn't have a car so the visit was really unexpected. Other than that, not much else to report.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #72 on: November 22, 2008, 05:19:49 pm »
Evening ladies,

Drag, I've peed in some strange places as well.  That is pretty gross that someone would take a shit on the stairs.  Yuck.  Maybe someone should buy a baby toilet and set it out there.    If I wouldn't have been clean when my mum died, I never would have gotten clean.  I would've just died in that shithole nursing home.

Michelle, I put a comment in your blog.  Please, get yourself some help, even if that means going into a hospital for awhile. 

I took my best friend out to lunch today, then we went to this place called Bargain Books.  They have some books there for a dime.  I got a really cool dream interpretation calender for $4.00. 

Other than that, nothing else going on.  I need to call my granddaughter.  I was supposed to call her last night.  Oops.  You ladies have a good evening.

Offline vivyt

« Reply #73 on: November 22, 2008, 07:02:07 pm »
Ewwwwww Drag! That is totally disgusting!!! What a wonderful greeting. I guess when you gotta go, you gotta go...LOL!

Didn't do much today. I went to see my friend which is turning into a regular occurance. We pretty much get together every Saturday. I just wish we could get together without her little 4 year old. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy her and she is not bratty at all it's just that we don't get much time to talk. It has to be in code and when she is distracted. Is that selfish?

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #74 on: November 22, 2008, 07:34:20 pm »
Happy Birthday to the birthday girls!

Its not selfish at all Andrea. We all want adult time sometimes. You sound like a fun teacher. I always liked the teachers that took time to teach things other than what was in the books.

Drag I can not imagine a human crapping on my porch, an animal maybe but for goodness sakes not a human. Peeing either. Do you not have allys or public restrooms?

I bought a dream dictionary many years ago Betty. It was fun if you could remember your dreams.

Take care of yourself Michelle.

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #75 on: November 23, 2008, 10:51:06 am »
Wendy, whoever cleaned it didnt do such a good job so husband is there poring buckets of hot water and bleach down the stairs.

Its still wierd to call him that but i cant call him my BF anymore. Its totally cliche but he is definately the better half.

Michelle, Im sorry youre so low. Its a shit when winter comes around and you have no car and no money. I hope things work out one day or another, like you wrote on your blog you have gotten thru worse. but yeah its hard to stay positive sometimes. hope letting it out make you feel a little better at least. and like Betty wrote if you feel you need help, please get it because it is out there.

Betty to write dreams you need a notebook by the bed and record them immediatly. I have wierd dreams - but nothing like those sustiva dreams, those were more intense and tiring than life. i actually would wake up exahusted from all those dreams, and they ruined my teeth cos i was gritting them all the time.

Andrea if I ever have a kid I hope they have a teacher like you. My old schoolteachers didnt give a shit, and knowing how they had to work I cant blame them either. It took me a week or so to become disillusioned with school after I started it. Kids are so sensitive, even the ones that look tough, and its so hard to take care of all of them at once. I mean pay attention to them. You do it with so much motivation though which is the most important thing.

I actually think there should be two teachers, one for discipline and paying attention to individual kids the other for teaching the material. Maybe its like that in some countries, but I just know the reality of one teacher to 40 kids. With families getting so much less authoritarian teachers really have their work cut out for them.

Rambling again...
Wishing everyone a good week.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #76 on: November 23, 2008, 12:17:21 pm »
Afternoon ladies,

Andrea, it's not selfish to want some adult time.  Especially when you're around kids all the time doing your job.  I would maybe try to suggest going somewhere and seeing if she could get a babysitter. 

Drag, I'm not going to try to get someone to interpret my dreams; I just bought a dream interpretation calendar because it's got some interesting pictures.  I have very strange dreams from the Chantix.  They don't bother me like they used to though; not too much.  I hope your hubby can get that shit off the stairs. 

In about an hour, I'm going to pick up my granddaughter and take her to see that movie "Bolt."  I promised her last weekend I would take her to another movie, and I always try to make good on my promises to my grandkids.  Then, I'm going to take her out to eat somewhere.  I'm thinking about this Italian place, as long as they're open.  Then tonight, my brother is supposed to come over for more of "The Wire."

That's going to be my day in a nutshell.  I hope everyone has a good weekend.

Offline vivyt

« Reply #77 on: November 23, 2008, 01:13:41 pm »
Good morning.

Drag- YUCK! Hopefully all the smell is gone! It sounds like you're getting used to being the "wife". I think I would have a difficult time getting used to having someone around all the time. I love the idea of taking care of someone and being that "help mate" but I definitely like my alone time.

BT- I totally want to see that movie! That hamster in the ball is too funny. I'm going to see if my partner teacher wants to see it. They are making a movie based on a book I read to the kids every year, "The Tale of Desperuax" and I am looking forward to seeing that.

Wendy- How's it going?

Well, I think today I will finish my laundry and work on my lesson plans. Drag, I totally get what you are saying about having one teacher for discipline and another for teaching. People never think about the amount of time that is spent working on management and discipline. The general public likes to criticize teachers for "not teaching" but they are not realizing that there is more to it. In middle school and high school they have a principal and a vice principal. The VP is usually for discipline. Believe me, there are days when I think the kids must think I am a total bitch. I wish that everyone could have an opportunity to spend 1 week in a classroom with 30+ kids and see what happens. I totally LOVE it though!

Ok...enough...have a good day everyone!!! ;D ;D ;D

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #78 on: November 23, 2008, 04:37:58 pm »
I had a good day. Billy and I went to Half price books to sell a box of books we have already read and looked at some they had but we did not find any we wanted today.
We left there and went to get some take out italian food. We ate it at home while watching a rented DVD of Journey to the center of the earth. It was a cute movie.
I returned the movies and went to the store to order a turkey for Thanksgiving and just now returned.
So far that was my day in a nutshell.

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #79 on: November 24, 2008, 02:06:52 am »
Morning ladies,

I have a massage scheduled for 8:20 so am up early (for me that is), its freezing but we just bought one of these airblowers, what an improvement that is. It feels good to be ready before 8 oclock. I think Im going to do that more.

I had a good weekend, it wasnt all about leaks and dirty stairs.
We have a great library here with all the new english books, it costs 1/2 euro to rent a book for 2 weeks, so i stopped buying unless its a must-have. some books I read more than once but they are exceptions. has anyone here read TC Boyle? i love his style of writing. Most of my fave authors are American, but recently I read a really chilling thriller by an English lady, its called The point of rescue, buy Sophie Hannah. Its a real pageturner. Now Im reading some Irish chicklit book, its called Remind me again why I need a man. All these kind of books are the same, its like one person wrote them, but its an easy read.

Yesterday I jogged for over an hour, my shoes are old so my knees hurt now. I am lazy most of the time but once in a while, I feel like a dog being let out to play. It was cold, had to wear a scarf and gloves.

This week, I have eye check tomorrow b/c the GP is ahraid I have too much pressure in one of my eyes, hope its wrong. Ive been having pain for a few weeks and drops dont help. He did the impossible and got me scheduled within a few days - in the netherlands this is paralle to being driven to the hospital in an ambulance with a sirene and flashing lights, seriously, specialists take months to schedule.
I think I like this new doc (I left the old one).

Then Thus I have ultrasound. I have to go to the hospital every other day this month, even weekends, for fertility checks.

I think  my months devide roughly in 1/2 - the good 1/2 is starting now, after my period ends. After ovulation, begins the slow descent into madness. Of course I am only aware of how "mad" I was once its all over again. I dont do anything crazy but think irrationally. I sometimes think if men really knew how women think they would never hire us. Not that we need them to hire us - I mean we do but we can also hire us. I read an interview with a uni professor who in middle age turned from man to woman, and she said the state of mind pre- and post-hormones is completely different. As a man she could easily seperate emotion from thought, as a woman it was impossible.
Anyone else have that?
I think Im going into early menonpause. Of course I will know more at the end of the month.

We have lots of new users on the women's but not many visitors here, I wonder why. Perhaps they do not care for long random posts  ;D

Have a great week ladies, if I havent said that yet. Love ya

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #80 on: November 24, 2008, 08:50:40 am »
Morning ladies,

Andrea, the movie was very cute.  My granddaughter wants to see that Desperuax movie you mentioned.  It'll be out Dec. 12th here.  There's another one she wants to see, I think it's called Bedtime Stories with Jim Carry, that'll be out around Christmas.       I couldn't do what you do and be a whole day in a classroom of children.  It would drive me insane.  I'm glad you like your job; we need good teachers.

Wendy, what do you mean you ordered a turkey?  A live one they're going to kill and you cook?  Or a turkey dinner?

Drag, in my Forensic Psych class, we looked at a couple charts concerning the difference between males' hormones and females'.  The males' hormonal lines were straight.  The females' were all over the place.  Even though I'm on Depo, so I really don't have periods anymore, I still get the crazy hormonal imbalance every month when my period would be due. 

I just read a book called "Whisper of Fear."  It only took me about a week to read.  It is written by Rhonda Saunders, who is the female prosecutor that wrote (and rewrote) the stalking laws in California.  She also has been to several foreign countries to help them write their stalking laws.  It's an extremely good book, full of interesting stories.   My best friend had a stalker that did some pretty crazy things.  He went to her job and put letters about her on peoples' doors, went to her house and poured ketchup in her daughter's car, things like that.  The closest thing I can come to a stalker is when I threw my first husband out for the last time (many years ago) and he called me all night long, making threats like "I'm going to burn the house down, kill you and take our daughter."  It frightened me, 'cause at the time he was drunk and I knew he was quite capable of carrying out his threats.  Luckily they never materialized. 

Today I'm not quite sure yet what I'm going to do.  I need to do some shopping, also address Christmas cards, also return books, and look for a car.  I'll probably start my search for a car, since I told the girl who has mine I would be over by the weekend to sign the title over to her, pick up my plate etc.  I called her and told her that Saturday and she was shocked.  I'm a strong advocate of "paying it foward."  I think if someone's shown you a great kindness, you should repay it to someone else that needs something.  And I've been shown tons of kindness these past few years. 

That's it for me.  I'll probably be back later.  You all have a good day.

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #81 on: November 24, 2008, 12:00:03 pm »
LOL Betty
I ordered a precooked turkey. I cooked a small one this weekend and cut it up and froze it. I decided that it was not enough meat for the amount of people I am expecting at my home so instead of cooking another I just ordered one from the grocery store. Less work for me.

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #82 on: November 24, 2008, 10:55:11 pm »
Keeping- I hope you had a nice birthday!  How are things going with you?

BT- That books sound good.  You have to look for a car?  I thought you has your friends, no?

Queen- Do you think you might have the "winter blues" or whatever they call it?  I will have been a member for a year in January and you were MIA for awhile when I joined.  I hope you can keep your head up and get through it.  I think you have my snail mail if you ever want to write to each other off the puter.

Drag- Good googley moogley, you jogged for an hour?? I would be dead!  I would love to start running again.  Good luck with your fertility, maybe you can join me as a mulitple mama :)

Viv- I am glad you made it throught the fires ok.  You must be looking forward to vacation.  How have you been feeling?

Win- That is nice you can order a turkey already made.  Has Billy fully recovered?

Ten- I think we need to change Mugabe's name to Muga-been, maybe that would help to get him out the door faster.  I really can't fathom how you do it.  I hope things get better soon.

Someone asked about Mum- Minis mum- she is alive and well- and hopes to be back after the new year.

It's official. I am a complete idiot, an exhausted one at that.  My son's teachers b-day was last week and we were going to make her and the class cupcakes, well she asked if we could do them for tomorrow.  OK, fine.  So then, I decide that I can't just bring cupcakes for his class, I should ask the other 3 little ones classes if they want cupcakes too.  Of course, they do.  Tonight I baked, frosted, and sprinkled over 100 cupcakes. It only took a couple of hours but I thought I was going to pass out by the time I was done.  Viv- I really don't know how you deal with a class full of kids, 4 makes me crazy.
I had a cyst removed from my scalp last week, so my head has been killing me.  I have been having booming stress headaches thinking about my oldest sons father and his bullshit. I was beginning to think something was wrong with my head but I went through this when he brought me back to court the last time.  I was looking on line today to find out about hypnotism and this one sight I found was pretty funny, you can get hypnotised for all the things you hear about like losing weight,stopping smoking, etc along with learning how to play the piano, stinky feet, all kinds of wierd ones.  Like you guys were talking about earlier, women and their emotions, I need to be able to control mine especially when I get frustrated, I totally forget what I am thinking about or what my point was when I get that way.

Well I hope everyone is doing well and has a Happy Thanksgiving!
Snow

Offline vivyt

« Reply #83 on: November 25, 2008, 08:23:05 am »
Snow- I am sorry that you are going through all that stress with the ex. What a pain! I know I tend to get all wrapped up in my head about issues and that definitely causes stress! I can't believe you made all those cupcakes! Parents aren't allowed to bring anything that is "homemade". If they bring something it has to be store bought. Sometimes I wonder how I handle it and think I must be a little crazy...LOL!

BT- Christmas cards! Every year I tell myself I should send them out and I never quite get around to it...so bad! Have fun looking for a car!

Drag- Wow! You are disciplined! I would have passed out after the first 5 minutes!

Wendy- How many people are coming over?

Well I am very happy today! It is like a Friday. We have off Wed-Fri. Today we have an assembly and for some CRAZY reason I volunteered to be part of the skit. I NEVER do that! I hate getting up in front of people. I don't mind being in front of the kids, but everyone???? I am shocked that I did it! I am sure I will be nervous this morning...so silly! Ahhhh the things I do for these kids!

Rain is supposed to come out way soon. We need it but they are worried about landslides in the recently burned areas. I feel so bad for those people who were just evacuated for the fires and may have to evacuate again because of rain.

Hope you have a good day ladies!  ;D ;D

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #84 on: November 25, 2008, 09:05:13 am »
Morning ladies,

Wendy, are you having a lot of people for Thanksgiving? 

Snow, it's good to hear from you.  You don't check in often enough.  Has SB been up to shannanigans lately?  I haven't heard you mention him for awhile.  I hope your head heals alright.  I do have my friend's car, but she's going to want it back at some point for her son.  And I'm giving my car to another friend.

Andrea, you'll do alright in that skit.  Why can't the kids bring in anything homemade?  Is the school afraid of poison and/or drugs?  So many things changed after 911. 

Still looking for a car.  The little ones really go fast.  I hope I can have one by next week, all legal etc.   We got more snow here last night.  About 2 inches, but it's freezing outside, and we're having more snow today (right now, in fact).  The wind is howling.  I do not like weather like this at all.  I guess I better get used to it; it's how the next four months will be (hopefully only four months). 

Today I have to go to the ASO here for a review and I have to go to my doc's office to pick up lab slips.  I'm not sure what other trouble I'll get into today.  Probably nothing, with the weather. 

Thursday I'm going to my oldest sister's house.  My brother and his girlfriend are going to St. Louis to see her mother.  My brother won't have anything to do with my two sisters anyway.  When my parents died, well, let's just say death brings out the best or the worst in people, and unfortunately, in my family, it brought out the worst.  I don't think it will ever be remedied either.     Anyway, that's a whole other story that I really don't want to get into.  I hope you ladies all have a nice day.  Send warm wishes this way and maybe my weather will change. ;)

Offline daisychain

« Reply #85 on: November 25, 2008, 12:41:24 pm »
hello all,

hope your well, I havent had a chance to read through everyones messages though sorry.

Im having a day where I need you girls, went for second lot of bloods its been 4 months since diagnosis.
The first lot of blood tests, I was so stressed and upset that my veins kept colapsing and they only managed to get VL and CD4.

well went today and although I felt like shite, I tried to stay calm and thought I was doing ok, however 4 needles later and still no blood due to vein colapse. I was in tears and in pain and now full of bruises and I have to go back next week for another try at it. I do have overly sensitive skin to pain and my doc thinks coupled with the panic is why she cant get any blood, she has given me some numbing cream to put on 2 hours before next weeks appointment to take the pain element away in the hopes this helps my panic side too.

I dont know what the hell is going to happen if they cant get any next time.

hope you dont mind my sporadic posting, I dont get on here as much as I possibly should.
Daisyx

Offline keepingfaith

• Go Me!
« Reply #86 on: November 25, 2008, 01:18:19 pm »
Hey Ladies,

How's it going. I had a wondeful birthday. Thank you all that wished me Happy birhday. I got quite a few gifts and some money. I am love. (LOL)

Snow- its good to hear from you. I just messenged you on facebook. I hope you feel better.

Stopping in to say hello to everyone. BT, Queen, Win, Viv, Ten, Drag and everyone I forgot.

Im at work so I will probably check back in Later.

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #87 on: November 25, 2008, 01:30:34 pm »
There will be 10 definately and possibly 2 more for Thanksgiving. A couple of them will be small frys and a several are heavy eaters.
There where several years in my life when I was a kid where I went for days at a time with nothing to eat so I have a tendancy to make a lot of food. I shop for food like some women shop for clothing. LOL

Offline vivyt

« Reply #88 on: November 25, 2008, 09:12:46 pm »
Hello everyone!

The skit went well today. The kids thought it was funny that my character's name was "Mr. Rabbit" and I'm not a boy. Sometimes the things they focus on make me laugh.

Betty, homecooked food is not allowed simply because cleanliness cannot be accounted for. Not everybody pays attention to basic food rules. I suppose also it has something to do with poisin and stuff. The store bought rule was in place before 9/11.

Not much going on. Talk to you all later!

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #89 on: November 25, 2008, 09:27:43 pm »
Well Snow, last year when I checked myself into the hospital, it was because of man issues. Now it's not about a man or relationship. It about trying to do the right thing, better myself and being told, "Sorry, we can't help you because_(put lame excuse here)__________________". My car is down because the catalytic converter was ripped totally out along with the muffler, money I don't have to try to fix it. The parts for it cost over 100 bucks and the labor another 150. That's from the guy who has been working on it. I called a few garages but they will not let me buy the parts and pay them for the labor. The cost for it from them, 530 bucks. And the icing on the cake, the freaking holidays which I usually spend with my Dad who is now gone. The one person who supported me and had my back no matter what. At this point I feel very alone and very frustrated. I have spoken to my case manager at my ASO about it all and she is scared for me. She wanted me to go to the hospital but I refused. She wanted me to talk to someone in crisis but I refused. I just feel like none of these people could possibly help me because more than likely none of them know what it is like to struggle the way I do.

And on top of that my primary doctor dropped me because I came to an appointment smelling like weed. Now I have been seeing him for over 5 years and never came smelling like weed. And on this day, I was not smoking because I had the appointment but the people who gave me the ride was. So when I walked in his office, I guess the smell was overpowering. What pissed me off about the situation was that he would not even look me in the eye when talking or give me the chance to explain. He instead came to the conclusion that I had to be smoking because I was honest in the past and told him that I smoke. But I guess that's what I get for being honest. When my ride picked me up, which I had stood outside in the snow and sleet, I was froze to the bone. But I told them what happened. I hope he didn't charge me for the visit because he didn't do anything, just told me he would give me time to find another doctor.

At this point, I just feel like why the hell am I even living? What's the point? Just to struggle day to day? I'll just be glad when the holidays is over with and when something will finally go my way. I don't think I am asking much to try to better myself by trying to get into school. And I think what my primary doctor did was harsh to say the least. So, I am feeling disgusted and fed up.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline vivyt

« Reply #90 on: November 25, 2008, 10:17:23 pm »
Queen, I am sorry you are going through all of this. It sucks when you hit a rough patch. Can I ask why you don't want to see or talk to anyone that may be able to help?

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #91 on: November 26, 2008, 02:36:22 am »
I don't want to see or talk to anyone because I don't feel it would do me any good. And last year when I did talk to a therapist, he said I didn't need to go on any medication that my problems were more financial than anything. And the doctor in the hospital told me that I am pretty much going to be lonely because people are terrified of people with HIV and it something I need to deal with. I think that ass got his degree out of a Cracker Jack box. So, I don't really see the point. Also unless they struggle like I do, I don't see how they could be any help. And it seems like I hit more rough patches than the average person and I don't understand why.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

tendai

« Reply #92 on: November 26, 2008, 05:53:32 am »
hie ladies. i meant to post this yesterday but stupid computer kept freezing, fortunately i'd copied and pasted. we got high-speed internet installed today yahoo! let the abuse begin...

Keeping - Happy Birthday! hope it was a great day

drag - eewww! i wonder what goes on in a persons mind as they are pooping on the stairs. can understand maybe if it was diarrhoea, but still.. eeeeewwww! and that is why i have utmost respect for nurses and caregivers. so how did the eye exam go?

michelle - hang in there. that doctor's an ass for sure. bedside manner needs work.  sending you a big ((((((((((((HUG)))))))))))

betty - pay it forward is such a noble idea. watched a movie about this boy (Haley osmet i think) who started that trend.  i have a friend who wanted to buy a new bed for their house and her husband was like,  "the bed we have is good enoough, we should use that money to help other people who dont even have blankets or a place to sleep on".

snow - Mugabeen! lol girl. too funny.  we're hoping (but not holding our breath) for a breakthru today as Mugabeen and tsvangirai etc meet yet again in south africa to talk and talk while people suffer.  if theres any justice in this world, that man is going to get his. but i kind of doubt that coz he's 85 and going strong, the devil looks after his own i guess. as for how we make it, i sometimes wonder myself. we just say as long as you get to eat that day and have a roof over your head, u can make it thru the day and tomorrow is another day. its actally amazing we've made it this far, by all rights we should be in a far deeper state of chaos than we actually are (or we are but dont realise). guess our survival instinct is really strong...
those couple of hours you spent baking is well worth it, seeing how pleased your kids are when they see the cupcakes and take them to school.  fortunately i suck at baking so i guess i'll never be in that position :)
i read a book that linked just about everything to satanism.  said hypnosis opens doorways for demons to operate in you. same for things like acupuncture, yoga, meditating, astrology, tarot cards,rock music,  nothing much was safe according to them.  good luck with it though, but sometimes i think we lack the gene or whatever that enables a person to control their emotions :)

i got my hair braided, took THREE DAYS and i will never do it again, never never ever. my boss's daughter gave me the hair extensions, wasnt that nice of her? the sitting almost had me in tears,  i was grounded the whole weekend couldnt do anything in the end. not that i could have anyway with transport so expensive now.  and the stupid braids are dropping off one by one, i'll be back to looking like a boy before the week is up if it continues :)
my shoulders and arms are aching now from carrying water on sunday. i totaly cant do the whole carry 20kg on your head thing, i'd drop the whole load for sure. they cut off water supply coz of the rain washing cholera into the water system or something, so we're using a neighbours borehole. or rainwater. thank God at least its raining.

i go now, before its another long post :)   later!

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #93 on: November 26, 2008, 09:03:58 am »
Morning ladies,

Daisy, you need to relax as much as possible before your blooddraw, or you may not know your numbers 'cause they won't be able to draw the blood.  Try deep breathing, visualization etc.

Keeping, I'm glad you had a good birthday.

Wendy, I didn't know you went without food when you were a kid.  Why was that, if you don't mind answering?  If you do (mind), I understand.  I'm sorry you had to go through that.

Andrea, the cleanliness thing makes sense.  I was just thinking back to when I was in grade school, everyone's mums made homemade things.  Store-bought stuff was not even thought about.  Of course, that was a much different time.  Glad the skit went well.

Queen, I am so sorry about your doctor.  Sounds like he jumped the gun and didn't give you the chance to explain.  Ask your case manager at the ASO about another doc.  And the doctor in the hospital sounds like a real jackass.  I've thought before about therapists not being able to help me because they couldn't understand what I went through (especially the sexual abuse stuff).  But, they're trained to help people in whatever circumstance they're in, and might be able to hook people up with local resources.  I'm not trying to tell you what to do, please don't think that.  I just don't want anything to happen to you.  I guess I'm trying to talk you into getting help so nothing does happen to you.  We couldn't do without our Queen around here.  If the one therapist you saw didn't help you, try another one.  I've been through many therapists before I found the one that fit.  And even if the hospital wasn't a huge help, it's a safeguard that can protect you while you're feeling so desperate.  Please don't do anything rash.  People do care.    Oh, and before when I mentioned the student loans possibly being forgiven, I've had some forgiven in the past.  The ones I had forgiven were acquired before I had the HIV diagnosis.  So, if you got yours before you went on disability, they can be forgiven.  However, if you got them after you went on disability, then they can't.  You might want to contact the student loan company and tell them you want a defferrment.  That's where you "put them off" for a few years.  You can get a defferrment due to hardship (financial hardship).  Try that.  Please hang in there.  I sent you my phone number quite awhile back.  I don't know if you still have it, but if you do and want to talk, give me a call.  I know you told me before you don't like to talk on the phone because of your hearing, but if you do, I'm here.  I understand about you missing your father.  This is the first holiday season for me without either of my parents, and I miss them terribly.  My mum used to have my back like you say your dad did.

Tendai, three days to put in braids?  Holy crap.  I wouldn't have been able to sit still that long.  I have to color my hair today (which takes a couple hours) and I'm not looking forward to that.  No wonder you were in tears.  And they're falling out?! 

Nothing much going on today.  I'm having lunch with my best gay friend.  He's going to look after my kitty for me when I go to Arizona next month, so I'm taking him out to lunch as a thank-you.   Other than that, I don't have a lot planned.  Like I told Tendai, I'm going to do my roots this morning, which I always dread.  It really isn't that bad, but I just hate spending extra time on my hair.  Saturday I'm actually going to get it cut by a professional (hee).  I usually trim it myself, but twice a year I treat myself.    You ladies have a good day.

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #94 on: November 26, 2008, 10:28:43 am »
Wendy, I didn't know you went without food when you were a kid.  Why was that, if you don't mind answering?  If you do (mind), I understand.  I'm sorry you had to go through that.

From about the age of 8 until I was 13 or 14 "cant remember which" my mother was either in a bottle, high, not home or all of the above. My parents had divorced and my father lived several hours away. He was in the military. I saw him a few times a year.

Billy asked me why I never called my Dad to tell him what was happening. I didn't really have an answer. I suppose he knew what my living conditions where. He certainly saw the mess I was living in when he came to see me and he made me and my brother clean house when he came.
I may have not even knew how to call him either than or I didn't think it would do any good.
I've blocked alot of my memory so I honestly don't know.  I do recall starting my period at 14 and having to dig for change and walk to the store and buy my own napkins because no one was there to help me or reassure me that I was ok.  Thank goodness I didn't start my period when I was younger at least at 14 I had an idea of what was happening.

I haven't told many people about that part of my life. But I do remember nights trying to go to sleep where my stomach felt as if it would eat itself or turn inside out from hunger.

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #95 on: November 26, 2008, 01:46:44 pm »

Preparations for tomorrows dinner has begun and now my kitchen is a mess. LOL

Just taking a small break from chopping, dicing, stirring, and mixing to say hey to you all.
 ;D

Offline vivyt

« Reply #96 on: November 26, 2008, 02:34:55 pm »
Hey Tendai!

BT- Enjoy your lunch.  :)

Wendy- That must have been hard to deal with. I always say you never know what is going in people's private lives. There are many things that I too have gone through that just totally suck. I wish things could've been different but all of those experiences have made me who I am today and I really wouldn't change that. Sometimes life sucks but we're here and we have to make the most of it. On a different note...Are you making everything? I am making green bean casserole, stuffing, and pumpkin brownies. For the first time I am making completely homemade stuffing with cornbread. We shall see...

I am waiting for my clothes to finish in the dryer and then I have to pick up my prescription. My mom is in town at my Nana's and I am trying to decide if I want to drive over there to visit. It is raining here off and on.

Betty, are you doing anything for Thanksgiving? I know your parents are not around which must be hard for you.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #97 on: November 26, 2008, 05:42:46 pm »
Evening ladies,

Wendy, I get teary when I hear stories like that.  I'm glad you're doing alright.    Whatever it is you're making, it sounds good.  I see the turkey.  And what's that in the aluminum pan?

Andrea, I'm going to my oldest sister's tomorrow.  It'll be me, her, my brother-in-law and my nephew.  My niece and grandniece were supposed to be there also, but my grandniece has the flu. 

Yeah, we've all been through things in our lives.  Would I have it any different?  In some ways, yes, and in some ways no.  I think I can read people pretty good; on the other hand, I tend to be overly-suspicious of people, especially ones I don't know well.  I actually do things for my daughter today that matter; on the other hand, there were years of damage done to her.  I was there to take care of my parents; on the other hand, there were years I took advantage of them.  What I've been through makes me want to help people, instead of taking jobs based on the pay.  Which is o.k.  I'd rather help someone and get paid little than to not help anyone and get paid lots.  People (and animals, because I love my cat ;D) matter more than money.  I know that today; I didn't know it so much in the past. 

Today was alright.  My friend and I went out to eat.  Then we went to Target because he had to get an airbed and I had to get my brother-in-law a birthday card.  Then we came back here for a couple minutes.  I did get my roots done, thanks heavens.  Tomorrow, as mentioned, I'm going to my sister's and brother's-in-law.  I'm hungry now.  Anyway, you ladies have a good night. 

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #98 on: November 26, 2008, 10:20:29 pm »
I don't dwell on the past and rarely think about it but I know it shaped who I am and not to be patting myself on the back but I think I'm not half bad. LOL

The aluminum pan has cornbread dressing in it. I am making everything except some broccoli salad my sister in law says is absolutely delish. I likely wont eat it. (picky eater)

I am making turkey, ham, dressing, mashed potatoes, candied yams, green bean casserole, broccoli rice casserole, giblet gravy, deviled eggs, mac n cheese, corn, cranberry relish, dinner rolls, pumpkin pie, peach cobbler and chocolate pie. 

I dont think I forgot anything.

I spent the day getting most of this either made or ready to pop in the oven. I ran out of room in my fridge so I still need to make the cobbler and green bean casserole. everything else just needs to be reheated or finished cooking in the oven. Its too bad I don't have another fridge in the garage. But I'm thankful for what I've got.  ;D

Offline netta

« Reply #99 on: November 26, 2008, 11:00:15 pm »
just want to wish you  all a happy thanksgiving! we had another death in the familly, a close friend of mine and cuz to my sister, son got shot last monday. sitting in front of his home, in a friends car, they were after  the other guy. this young man was only 18 and just graduated high school., His dad called me crying,said his only son died in his arms. My sister is a basket case  and on prozac since the death of my nephew last month, now this.
I had to takea break, now I am back, love you all, take care. Oh my mom is here driving me crazy!!! lol, she is 77. I am cooking for 25!!!

tendai

« Reply #100 on: November 27, 2008, 02:59:50 am »
Netta - i'm so sorry. i dont know what to say..((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #101 on: November 27, 2008, 06:29:15 am »
Morning ladies,

Wendy, no you're not 1/2 bad; you're not even 3/4 bad (hee).  You sure are making and made a lot of food.  I would be exhausted. 

Netta,  I am so, so sorry.  Damn it, there's just too much disregard for human life anymore.  I'll be keeping you, your sister and the boy's family in my prayers.   And you're cooking for 25?!  Wow.  Good luck with that.  I'd probably burn everything.

Yeah I know, I'm up way early.  I don't really know why.  It's not like I have to cook.  I wish it was time for dinner now.  After I'm done at my sister's, I might go to my best friend's mum's house.  She invited me last night.  My sister is having dinner at 1:00, so they can go to my brother's-in-law peoples' house.  I really don't want to go there, 'cause they're a bunch of old drunk Pollocks (no offense).  I just really don't jibe with them.  So, if I don't feel like crashing, that's what I'll be doing.  No plans other than that.

I am absolutely not going out tomorrow during the day.  I decided years ago not to shop on Black Friday anymore.  Way too many people and they get so nasty.  People are always nastier around this time of year and I really don't know why.  Stress over finances maybe, stress over facing a ton of people maybe, who knows the exact reason.    Tomorrow night though, I might go to this NA meeting in the town east of me (Elkhart, the one that got hit with really high RV layoffs).  They're having a potluck an hour before the meeting.  They call it "eat and greet," (whatever).  There are people who go to that meeting I haven't seen in a very long time.  Plus I want to take the title to my car there for the girl I promised it to. 

That's it for now.  You ladies have a great Thanksgiving.

Offline vivyt

« Reply #102 on: November 27, 2008, 10:09:14 am »
Good Morning!

Netta- I am so sorry. It seems like when it rains, it pours. I can't believe you are cooking for 25 people! I would be a total stress case.

Wendy- Wow! You definitely have been busy.

Betty- I know how you feel about "Black Friday" I have never understood it. I worked in retail when I was in college and I always thought those people were crazy. There is nothing that I need so badly that I have to get up at 3:00am and wait in line for. My partner teacher is one of those who goes out. She just loves it. I tease her about it all the time.

Well last night I made Pumpkin Brownies which turned out pretty good, if I do say so myself. I also made the cornbread and crumbled it so it would be ready for the stuffing. Today I am only making that and green bean casserole. Betty, I'm looking forward to eating too. I LOVE it! Of course, I could do without the turkey. It's the side dishes I like!  :)

I hope everyone has a safe and happy Thanksgiving. Take a moment and think about what it is you are thankful for. It's very easy to get caught up thinking about what we don't have, but if we stopped and thought about what we DO have, we would realize there's a lot to be thankful for. I've been bogged down with quite a bit, but you know what, I'm here and my life has a purpose. I may not quite understand it or know what it is but I know there is one. Ok...I think that's enough of the deep stuff!

Have a good day and enjoy all that food!  ;D

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #103 on: November 28, 2008, 08:27:45 am »
Morning ladies,

Andrea, those brownies  you made sound good.  I've never had pumpkin brownies.

I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving.  I went to my sister's, stuffed myself, then came home and took a 2 and 1/2 hours nap.  I was up yesterday at 5:00 a.m.  I had some dreams about my parents, so I couldn't go back to sleep.  So, I never made it to my best friend's mum's house.  Which is alright. I ended up falling asleep last night watching The Godfather.  Yeah, I've seen it a thousand times, but it's such a good movie.  I don't know why I don't have it in my collection. 

I got up briefly this morning to use the john around 4:45 a.m., and saw on the news all the people who were already out at the stores (the ones that were either open all night or opened at 4:00 a.m.).  I thought "wow, those people really are lunatics."

Today I'm going to get some bloodwork done, pick up a prescription and probably work on homework.  Tonight I'm going to a potluck/NA meeting.  I'm going to call a friend of mine who just moved back here from another city to see if she wants to go.  I think I mentioned going in an earlier post.  The meeting I'm going to is always a good one.  My best friend goes to that, and a lot of other people I don't usually get to see, as it's one city East of where I live (about a 30-45 minute drive). 

Other than that, I don't have any plans.  Nothing major, anyway.  You all have a good day.

tendai

« Reply #104 on: November 28, 2008, 08:52:06 am »
got my blood drawn for CD4s.  last draw was in February  so i was long overdue.  im keeping my fingers crossed..

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #105 on: November 28, 2008, 10:52:39 am »
Netta- I am so sorry for your loss. 25?  I struggle with 8, I hope you have some help.

Ten- Let us know how your cd4 comes back.  How long does it usually take to get the results?

Viv- I have never heard of pumpkin brownies?  Are they pumkin with chocolate or just pumkin, is it a mix?

BT- Hope you have a nice time at the meeting.  That is so nice of you to give your car to your friend.

Win- Nice spread! My daughter would love the broccoli salad.  Did what you and your brother went through make your bond stronger? Is he older or younger?  That kind of thing makes me so sad and mad.  It seems like the whole "love thy neighbor" thing went out the window ages ago, no one wants to get involved, someone must have seen what you and your brother were going through?  It really makes me wonder?

Queen- I hope you can stay strong and get through this, I am thinking of you!  Did someone steal your catalytic converter?  That is what has been happening around here, I guess they can be sold or something?

LOL. My parents are officially cut off from coming to my house.  The last time my mother was here, about 2 months ago, she broke my dishwasher.  Yesterday, my father broke my coffee table. He was picking up one of the kids and lost his balance and fell right through the glass part.  Thank goodness, he didn't get hurt.  We had a good day, my parents were late, so the kids were starving by the time they got here, but I guess the day went well.  It is still so wierd for me to see my parents together.  I am not really sure if they are "together" or what they are doing?  I just know that my mother spends all her time with my father now, if they aren't together, they are on the phone with each other.
The kids and I might put up the Christmas tree today, if I can get it out of the shed.  I would love to get a real tree this year but I don't have the money for it. 

I hope everyone has a great day and had a nice Thanksgiving!

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #106 on: November 28, 2008, 02:33:34 pm »
hello lovely ladies,

I havent finished reading all the posts cos I cant see them all on this page.

First of all not sure when exactly it is over but want to wish all of you a happy cozy Thanksgiving!

Netta, I am so sorry for your loss and such a senseless death again. All this crime is also some form of terror. What a heartbreaking story. I hope you enjoyed the massive dinner at least and being with all the close people who love you.

Tendai I am keeping fingers tightly crossed for your CD4s, when will you know the result? its so hard to do it basically once a year and without the VL, cos how can you be sure. so your hair is already long enough to braid, that's a fast growth rate! I bet you look really pretty with those braids. I never understood how people know to do it, esp to themselved. i cant even blow my hair straight and that should take all of 1/2 hour.

I had a deadline for work, we were still dealing with the leak and had workers here, i have to go to the hospital practically every day for the fertility checks including the weekend, so i had no time to go on the site. plus, i was following the news about india very closely in the last days. but now its over with a sad ending.

--gross warning again---
you would never believe it but one day since i last wrote i came home not only to find the leak which was supposed to have been fixed after all those days of missed work for repairs at full blown leakage mode, but that somebody taken another dump, and this time right on our doorstep, on the rug we wipe out feet on!

thank heavens I just barely missed stepping in it, with my boots. they are my only paid of winter shoes and I would have just thrown them away if that happened not to mention I dont know how I would deal with getting it inside the apartment.
what's UP with these people???!!! I was besides myself and grumpy as hell. Poor husband had to clean it up again, but this time he actually had to pick it up, like with a plastic bag, the way you do when you wallk a dog. Oh i dont know what i would do if he didnt, if i thought it was an animal id do it without thinking twice, I had to do it for pets in the past, but thats a different story. I guess i would have just had to get over it and stop being such a wuss.
since then there hasnt been anything but i wouldnt be surprised.
I need CSI to come here and do a DNA match so we can arrest this MF.
--end grossness---

anyway, now the weekend IS FINALLY HERE. i still have to go to the hospital 2moro but at 11 not early like the other days.

Betty, I think its so kind & big hearted of you to give away your car. Black Friday doesnt sound like fun. anything involving desperate shoppers sounds like something to stay away from, though having married a catholic, i have to buy now a bunch of gifts as well b4 going to spain.

Queen, that doctor is an a-hole (the one who told u people'd be terrified of you). That is absolute bollocks and all it shows is what a small minded, mean, prejudiced person he is. there are people who cant accept it but to make such a sweeping cruel generalizaion is crap. and even if it was true he shouldnt say it but it isnt true. people like that make me furious and to think that he is a doctor just blows my mind.

But the other day i watched the movie Sicko by Michael Moore about the health system in the US and after seeing a hospital dump disoriented, old, wounded people out on the street b/c they are not sufficiently insured, nothing suprises me anymore. that movie just made me cry.

And about the other doc with the weed, well, he should treat you no matter what. even if you were an active heroin addict or an alcoholic he should treat you! I dont see how he can make such a descision. asides from that, here and in other places, the doctor can actually prescribe marijuaha, not only here where its legal, in israel it isnt legal but you can still get in precribed if you are poz and its very easy. I am not for smoking myself anymore but that is besides the point, the point is that - not only you didnt smoke - but that's its none of his damn business.

I agree with Betty, b/c I have been helped by people that i know for sure do not have experiences closer to what I have been in at all, but they were able to help. i think you should give it a chance, take what is available. we cant get it the best way but we can try to make the best of what we get, something like that.

Daisy - hi, I dont know you but guessing you are in the UK? I had that once that I had to come a week later b/c they messed up my vein. I ask now to lie down and i always ask for someone with experience. I know the place where its easier to draw from and i just point it out. another thing is not to take too many tubes at once. most important just to try to breathe and relax as hard as it is - I always make sure I had enough to eat as well so I dont feel more faint and agitated. I used to be an absolute needle-phobic, what irony that i would end up having to give blood regularly. I hope next time is better for you. I have found that there is a huge variability btw the levels of different nurses, and some will say I have "bad veins" or a "difficult attitude" while for others its no problem at all to get my blood, so I realized - this is another case (re. Queen's story) where they can project on us.

Wendy, you are such a hostess! I cant beleive how much you cook and take care of. I wish I had a nice home to do that, everything is so small and primitive here. You got me salivating.
You know how to make lemonade out of lemons, you.((())))

Viv - its not difficult for me to jog, i dont strain myself at all. I never go past my comfort zone so basically I am a lazy yet fit coach potato [preferred state: horizontal] - b/c I have been doing some form of training for more than 10 years jogging doesnt wear me out (and if it does, it means Im tired or didnt eat right, so I dont do it).  A friend of mine who is over 40 is now started jogging and is training for a marathon. That's just crazy. And as if I werent salivating enough over Wendy's meal, pumpkin brownies?! I love pumpkin.

Snow, I really really want to have children but I am terriffied that i dont have what it takes to become a mom and that my isolation here as a foreigner and lack of social security/benefits is going to make it horrible for me. i also cant afford day care. my heart wants to be a mom before its too late but my brain is screaming for me to stop this insanity. so basically, blows my mind.
I cant beleive you made 100 cupcakes. un-be-liev-able. youre such an amazing person and I hope that you will get this toxicity out of your life so much. I hope he gets life in jail (without hurting anyone to get it). God forgive me.
BTW what do u mean about your folks, are the divorced and back together?

Keeping, sorry i cant see see your post on this page, but hope you had a great thanksgiving and that everything is good with your family and studies.

i had better cut this short (heh). here's to a relaxed weekend for all of us. Much love
« Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 02:37:34 pm by Dragonette »

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #107 on: November 28, 2008, 02:59:34 pm »
Netta I am sorry for your loss.

Snow - me and my brother did not like each other at all until we where teenagers. He was a mean little boy. LOL I did not see much of him durring those years. He spent a lot of time at a friends house I think.  People knew what was going on. I suppose they just wanted to mind their own business. Back then people did not call authorities to complain of things like they do now.

Sometimes I think that people now adays sometimes get carried away with it. Of course there are times when the police or child protective services should be called. It just seems that the government is more and more involved in matters that they used to not be involved in.
Like going to court if you are tardy to class too many times. I think that is silly.

Everything came out wonderfully for Thanksgiving. We got some rain and its about 60 degrees outside. Real nice here.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #108 on: November 28, 2008, 05:53:20 pm »
Hello Ladies---

I am surprised that my internet is still on. If I hadn't given you guys a head up, it prolly would be off. I'm not bitching but just saying. I am glad Thanksgiving is finally over but I swear my sister, whom I call the "Whore of Babylon" (for good reason and not to be mean) and her kids can be so ghetto. They ring my doorbell yesterday and the first thing out their mouth is what you cook? I was like WTF, nothing, I am eating upstairs, (at my oldest sister's house). And to top it off, they come over like they just rolled out the damn bed and looking like they belong to Buckwheat's family......Geez!!!! I guess it really pissed me off because I don't hear from them any other time of the year except the holidays. If they think I am going to get them something for Christmas, they got me fucked up and twisted, they better kick rocks. But it did end up being decent, Sexy called me to come over and we watched some football together. Woo Hoo my Cowboys are still in it!!!!! So, that kind of made my day... ;D

I am feeling better though nothing has really changed at all. Christmas doesn't bother me so much because I really don't celebrate it. But I have to buy folks a couple of things because they told me they were going to buy me something. So, I am kind of forced to do it.... >:( :-\

Snow---Nah, no one tried to steal the converter. I let my godson borrow the car and he hit something and basically ripped it out along with the muffler. He found someone to fix it, so now I just have to wait for them to come get it. But I still have to start the car daily to make sure the engine doesn't freeze up since it has started snowing again. But after it is fixed, he will not be driving anymore. He's not going to like it, but oh well. Him doing what he did has set me back though I know it was not intentional.

Dragonette--- That is just plain nasty, people taking a dump on your doorstep. Maybe you should set up a cam on your doorway, maybe you can catch who is doing it.

Well, it is time to start a new thread. I would but I may not be online for much longer. I gotta go cause my sister is talking my ear off on the phone now. Much love ladies, take care.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #109 on: November 29, 2008, 08:34:22 am »
Hey ladies,

Tendai, please let us know how your bloodwork turns out.

Snow, what do you think about your parents being together all the time?  Does it make you happy?  Hey, about having a "real" tree.  They can be a real pain in the ass, having to clean up all the needles, especially when you take it down. 

Drag, I agree with Queen.  Get some kind of hidden camera or something, so you can catch who's doing that.  That's just awful.  Even in my worst times, I didn't do stuff like that.

Wendy, glad your Thanksgiving went well. 

Queen, I'm glad you're still here and that you're feeling better.  And I'm glad you can get your car fixed.  I wouldn't let your godson drive it anymore either.

I really can't say much right now.  I'm getting my hair cut in a little while, and I haven't taken a shower yet.  I get my hair professionally cut twice a year, otherwise I do it myself.  I can't afford it all the time, so this is a treat (provided she cuts it right). 

The meeting last night went well.  One of the ladies there shared about her mother having breast cancer, so I shared about my mum's battle with lung cancer and how I was so grateful I was clean for that so I could be there for her.  I also shared that if I hadn't been clean when she died, I never would have gotten clean and would have died a very bitter, ugly death.  After the meeting, she mentioned she saw me at my dr.'s office.  We ended up chatting and I told her about me having Aids and she said that's why she is seeing the dr. also, but she doesn't tell anyone and doesn't want anyone to know.  So, that went well. 

I hope you ladies have a good day.  I'll probably be back in a bit, because I don't know yet what I'm going to do today, other than go to an NA speaker meeting tonight.  There's a guy that just moved here from Chicago who's supposed to be the speaker.  I have homework that needs to be done, but maybe that can wait for tomorrow. ;D

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #110 on: November 29, 2008, 10:24:22 am »
Queen-
Glad you are still here.  That was nice that you and Sexy watched the game together.  I am going to have to get used to having the games on soon myself, my oldest is getting into football and wants to watch.  The only sport I like to watch on TV is boxing.

BT- My father was married for 10 years, seperated longer and rarely spoke to my mother at all.  He didn't speak to me for like 7, I think.  My kids basically grew up with his soon to be ex and now they can't talk to her at all.  The communication in my household has always been fubared.  My parents act like nothing ever happened, but in a way they both put me through hell.  It was funny, when I was pregnant with the 3 some I was admitted to the hospital for a week at around 25 weeks.  My mother had to drop my son off with my father who was going to watch him for me.  They met at a McDonalds and had something to eat.  My son who was 5 at the said to them one of them " I am so glad you could meet the "other".  They both had a good laugh.  I guess I am happy if they are happy, as long as no one gets hurt.  I already had to cuss my father out when they were seperated and my mothers house was gutted by fire.
 That must have been nice for women to be able to open up to you even though she doesn't want anyone to know.  I hope your haircut turns out the way you like it.  I hope to get my haircut after I get my stitches out.
You are so right about the tree.  We put up the fake one yesterday.  I will have to find some pine scented incense or something.

Win- I have never heard that one before, they really take you to court if you are tardy too many times.  That is retarded.  Neighbors know what goes on and kids talk.   If I knew one of the neighborhood wasn't  kids eating, I would feed them.  Did you have lots of leftovers from the holiday?  I am glad you had a nice day.

Drag- The vision of someone taking a dump in your hallway is disgusting but the way you tell the story is funny.  I wish you didn't have to stress yourself out so much about having kids.  One good thing about having kids, you can pretty much deal with anything. After having someone look at your crotch, having someone pee, poop, throw up on you.  Picking up a poop, you didn't have to witness being made, might seem like a break :)  I know this something you want with all your heart so I hope everything works out for you.

I cleaned out the closet in the boys room yesterday.  Had to in order to get to the Christmas decorations.  I keep all the kids clothes down stairs near the laundry room, so now they have all been in closet playing.  Better than being out in the cold.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Offline netta

« Reply #111 on: November 29, 2008, 08:33:23 pm »
I STARTED A NEW POST---STILL I RISE ???

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.