Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:45:30 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773292
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 794
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 714
Total: 714

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Because I never do this and I'm sure you're wondering.  (Read 3621 times)

Offline Mouse

• Om nom nom.
Because I never do this and I'm sure you're wondering.
« on: April 16, 2007, 11:51:03 pm »
We'll make this quick. It was brought to my attention that I don't talk about this stuff much. I hate posting about these things which seems kind of odd on a forum designated specifically for these topics but I find myself getting better support/information if I have private discussions rather than public discussions. It's just how I am. There are various reasons.

But, for the record, my current numbers:
CD4 is 224 (16%) and rising steadily.
My viral load is undetectable. Also good.
I am also alive, which is equally good.

I'll also be switching to Atripla soon. That makes me happy as well. I think.

That's it. I don't want any lectures or lessons or whatever. I'm updating you all out of the goodness of my heart.
So there.

(I actually am quite happy though and feel very very good overall and I really do apologize to anyone that I don't speak to regulary that was wondering what was going on with me. I'll try to be more sensitive to that in the future. I've had people in the past complain about not being in the loop about what was going on in my life and I don't mean to exclude anyone and if I do that doesn't mean that I don't care about you or whatever.

The end.)

Offline milker

• Protected phone sex
Re: Because I never do this and I'm sure you're wondering.
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2007, 12:13:35 am »
Dude (yes I said Dude!)

Don't sweat it. You're doing great. Your CD4s are rising and your VL is UD so that's good! You're alive, yay ! Why the fuck would anyone lecture you is beyond my understanding, but i'm French, who knows what I understand. I'm not familiar with meds so i'll let others reply about Atripla.

Milker.
mid-dec: stupid ass
mid-jan: seroconversion
mid-feb: poz
mar 07: cd4 432 (35%) vl 54000
may 07: cd4 399 (28%) vl 27760
jul 07: cd4 403 (26%) vl 99241
oct 07: cd4 353 (24%) vl 29993
jan 08: cd4 332 (26%) vl 33308
mar 08: cd4 392 (23%) vl 75548
jun 08: cd4 325 (27%) vl 45880
oct 08: cd4 197 (20%) vl 154000 <== aids diagnosis
nov 2 08 start Atripla
nov 30 08: cd4 478 (23%) vl 1880 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
feb 19 09: cd4 398 (24%) vl 430 getting there!
apr 23 09: cd4 604 (29%) vl 50 woohoo :D :D
jul 30 09: cd4 512 (29%) vl undetectable :D :D
may 27 10: cd4 655 (32%) vl undetectable :D :D

Now accepting applications from blowjob ninjas™

Offline Lisa

• Formerly known as sweetieweasel/Joined Nov. 2004
    • http://www.myspace.com/lisanowak58
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2007, 08:54:51 am »
Glad you're doing OK kiddo, but I hope you didn't feel obliged to post this stuff just because somebody was being a nibby-nose.

Lisa
(who also hopes school is going better this year for you)
No Fear  No Shame  No Stigma
Happiness is not getting what you want, but wanting what you have.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2007, 09:00:12 am »
The Smaller One tells me that he doesn't like to post his results publicly because some people tend to parent him to death.

I agree with him. He has enough parents. Including Matty the Damned and Bucko the Depraved who are his Fairy Poz Fathers. It's enough to make a Little Man plotz.

MtD :-*

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2007, 09:04:08 am »
Glad  you let us know. I take Altripla and it is working great for me as I hope it will for you.  Cristy

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2007, 09:06:07 am »
Including Matty the Damned and Bucko the Depraved who are his Fairy Poz Fathers

I get dibbs on being his Fairy Grand Daddy!  ;)

Love,
( who is thrilled with the independence of the little man! )
The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals,
and 362 to heterosexuals.
This doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals,
It's just that they need more supervision.
Lynn Lavne

Offline Mouse

• Om nom nom.
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2007, 12:45:54 pm »
Including Matty the Damned and Bucko the Depraved who are his Fairy Poz Fathers

I get dibbs on being his Fairy Grand Daddy!  ;)

Love,
( who is thrilled with the independence of the little man! )

Okay. I guess I can deal with one more.
 ;D

And noo, I don't feel forced or anything to post. It makes perfect sense to me and I really don't mind as long as I'm treated the same as everyone else that decides to share their health with the people on this forum. I understand the obligation people feel to treat me differently because of the gap in age, but I'm really not any different from anybody else. In the past it was just ridiculous, which is why I stopped. There's a difference between offering advice and implying that you're incapable of figuring out your issues by yourself. But, that really hasn't happened lately, so I need to stop bitching.

Honestly, I love you guys, and I've always appreciated the concern and support.

Offline MoltenStorm

• Poz & Fabulous
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2007, 04:42:01 pm »
No lecture here, just a head's up on some of the side effects of Atripla. I've been on it almost a year now, and I wanted to let you know what you may expect. Of course, everyone's different, and you may not have these.

Hot Flashes (you'll thoroughly understand what every woman feels going through Menapause on this one)
Chilled in the morning (the equal and opposite reaction, I guess)
Vivid Dreams (these lasted only about a month for me, but damn... those dreams were killer)
Dizzy
Buzzed (you'll find out what it's like to be drunk - assuming you haven't already, hehe. And this buzz will last about 2-4 hours)
Slowed thinking process (if you're trying to talk to someone while your meds are hitting, you may find it harder to find the correct word you're looking for as your mental faculties will be slowed)
Intensified Itches (this one is minor one, for me anyway)

All in all, not bad compared to some of the other side effects out there. Comparatively, definitely a walk in the park.

(Hugs) You're doing wonderfully.
"Love is always patient and kind. It is never jealous. Love is never boastful nor conceited. It is never rude or selfish. It does not take offense and is not resentful. Love takes no pleasure in other people's sins, but delights in the truth. It is always ready to excuse, to trust, to hope, and to endure whatever comes." - 1 Corinthians 13:4-7, adaptation in A Walk To Remember

CD4: 555 / 29% / Undetectable - 7 Nov 2006
CD4: 555 / 29% / Undetectable - 5 Feb 2007

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.