Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 06:53:24 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773195
  • Total Topics: 66336
  • Online Today: 554
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 430
Total: 433

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Just under 72 hours! So darn much to do.  (Read 8311 times)

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
Just under 72 hours! So darn much to do.
« on: July 26, 2009, 04:33:30 pm »
In exactly 71 hours and 40 minutes, you know who arrives.   ;D

I've so friggin much to do it's not even funny.  I'm not sure I'll get it all done.

Here's only a partial list:

1.  Short sheet her bed.
2.  Sprinkle itching powder on her toilet seat.
3.  Booby trap her shower.
4.  Install a lock on the door to the basement (to lock her in not out).
5.  Catch a snake from the yard and let it loose down there.
6.  Refill my RX for Ativan (for me not her).
7.  Hide her toilet paper.
8.  Put salt in the sugar shaker and sugar in the salt shaker (may not even tell DF of this one).

The list goes on and on and on.

Like I said, so much to do.

Now 71 hours and 30 minutes.

Sheesh.

RAB   ;D

(Who's getting just a wee bit excited.)

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
Re: Just under 72 hours! So darn much to do.
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2009, 05:33:58 pm »
Listen Buddy, you better treat our girl right or it is will be you who will be looking over his shoulder in Boston.  I'm sharing a room with her, so I will get all the dirt and I do mean ALL.  Give her a big hug and kiss for me.

Offline Cliff

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2009, 05:53:30 pm »
You guys have fun!  And no ganging up on DF!

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2009, 06:02:48 pm »
Ok I'll make this quick I still have some last minute shopping to do and thn packing.

1.  Short sheet her bed...I'm 5ft 1, I won't even notice
2.  Sprinkle itching powder on her toilet seat...I can pee standing up, I used to go camping in Australia.
3.  Booby trap her shower...I heard it rains alot there, so standing in the yard naked won't worry me..but the neighbours won't like it... ;D
4.  Install a lock on the door to the basement (to lock her in not out)...in my other life I was a lock smith
5.  Catch a snake from the yard and let it loose down there...I lived in Australia, I fought snakes on a daily basis.. ;)
6  Refill my RX for Ativan (for me not her)...trust me you will need them.. ;D
7  Hide her toilet paper...I'll just wait until we go to the mall and use their toilets.
8.  Put salt in the sugar shaker and sugar in the salt shaker (may not even tell DF of this one)...that one is just plain cruel..what has DF every done to you.

Can't wait to see you, and Joe I have a scottish temper ...and I'm not afraid to use it.. ;)

Clif..Df is on my side..it's Rab who needs to be afraid.. :D

Hugs to you all
Jan :-*

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline mjmel

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2009, 07:36:52 pm »
The nice part about Jan and RAB visiting with one another prior to AMG is that by the time they reach Boston they'll be ready to share their time and chattiness with the rest of us. Otherwise' I fear RAB would hog Jan's company throughout the whole event. Best friends and all that.

Mike
(who doesn't mean to imply that RAB is selfish...or a hog. Not what I said. )

Offline Ric Wilke

• I joined AIDSmed.com 10/2002.
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2009, 07:42:04 pm »
RAB,

You best put on your Perfect Host Hat.  The Lady Jan has you wrapped around her little finger.  DF need to do a white glove inspection.  You know it's not every day that royalty comes to visit.

Hug her for us.  Ric & Thom

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2009, 07:50:02 pm »
The nice part about Jan and RAB visiting with one another prior to AMG is that by the time they reach Boston they'll be ready to share their time and chattiness with the rest of us. Otherwise' I fear RAB would hog Jan's company throughout the whole event. Best friends and all that.

Mike
(who doesn't mean to imply that RAB is selfish...or a hog. Not what I said. )

There would be no way for RAB to have her all the time, the guy goes to bed at 9 and Jan, I know your temper, but wouldn't that be like kicking a puppy???
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 07:51:54 pm by killfoile »

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2009, 06:12:10 am »
There would be no way for RAB to have her all the time, the guy goes to bed at 9 and Jan, I know your temper, but wouldn't that be like kicking a puppy???

LOL, Joe, more like abusing the handicapped ;D :-* :-* :-*

(notice the kissy things, RAB?)

Mum
www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline minismom

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2009, 07:06:37 am »
Be sure to let us know when she gets there - all in 1 piece (which is EXACTLY the way we expect to find her in Boston.  You on the other hand, eh, not so much ;))

Mum
www.watoto.com
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2009, 10:35:33 am »
Be sure to let us know when she gets there - all in 1 piece (which is EXACTLY the way we expect to find her in Boston.  You on the other hand, eh, not so much ;))

Mum

Well she isn't here yet, but she just landed LA. 

RAB   ;D

Offline Robert

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2009, 11:23:32 am »

i hope you got your fan working.  Headline in this morning's SFGate:  Record heat wave continues in Seattle, Portland

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2009, 06:11:56 pm »
Well I arrived safely and my chauffeur was there waiting for me..and god it's hot, but that's OK because it was 4 degrees when I left home so I'm fine with it..for now.. ;D

See you all soon.

Hugs
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Jody

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2009, 07:53:29 pm »
Good to hear you have arrived safe and sound Jan, it feels like indeed the AMG has now begun!!!

It has NEVER been this hot in the Pacific northwest according to the weather folks so RAB must be a little devil but you knew that already I guess.

See you a week from today.

Jody :)
"Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world".
 "Try to discover that you are the song that the morning brings."

Grateful Dead

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2009, 10:41:31 am »
Good to hear you have arrived safe and sound Jan, it feels like indeed the AMG has now begun!!!

It has NEVER been this hot in the Pacific northwest according to the weather folks so RAB must be a little devil but you knew that already I guess.

See you a week from today.

Jody :)

Actually Jodykins, I'm blaming her for this ungodly, unprecedented, unbelievably HOT weather we're having.  It's just awful.

See you guys soon.

RAB   ;D

Offline minismom

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2009, 03:36:47 pm »
Jan, that's why you should skip RAB and come visit US.  It's nice and cool here - a mere 72F with a nice breeze and mountain views from every window.  AAAAAAAA, paradise!

See you in a week!
Mum
www.watoto.com

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.