Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:43:59 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772945
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 391
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 354
Total: 357

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Miss Calif: Gay marriage answer cost me Miss USA crown  (Read 35943 times)

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
Re: Miss Calif: Gay marriage answer cost me Miss USA crown
« Reply #50 on: April 22, 2009, 12:23:33 pm »
... words have meaning
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #51 on: April 22, 2009, 12:25:37 pm »
The fact of the matter is that it doesn't matter if every gay person on the face of the planet has two really limp wrists or not -- they deserve to be treated equally under the law.

END OF DISCUSSION.

Offline poz4afewyears

« Reply #52 on: April 22, 2009, 12:26:57 pm »
If people don't want others opinions for christ sakes don't ask the question. It's really that simple.

I second that. If you don't want to know how someone feels about something then don't ask.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #53 on: April 22, 2009, 12:29:21 pm »
Ann, was she asked that question? The issues are not the same because we don't know her opinion of mixed race marriages, she wasn't asked that question about mixed race marriages. She was asked about gay marriage which she gave her honest opinion. If people don't want others opinions for christ sakes don't ask the question. It's really that simple.

~bangs head on desk~

~leaves room - with a headache~
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #54 on: April 22, 2009, 12:30:01 pm »
I second that. If you don't want to know how someone feels about something then don't ask.

~hits head on doorframe on way out~

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #55 on: April 22, 2009, 12:30:41 pm »
Furthermore, I'm a big, swishy, designer wearing, high pitch voiced, fierce ruling fairy that got AIDS from being really, really promiscuous -- AND I DON'T CARE WHO KNOWS IT.

Offline komnaes

« Reply #56 on: April 22, 2009, 12:32:50 pm »
.. I'll tell you right now I'd prefer to spend time in the company of a flamboyant man than a macho man. I always want to say to a macho-macho man; get over yourself already! Bloody cave man mentalities I cannot abide.

But have we turned you into a big enough faghag already..?  :D
Aug 07 Diagnosed
Oct 07 CD4=446(19%) Feb 08 CD4=421(19%)
Jun 08 CD4=325(22%) Jul 08 CD4=301(18%)
Sep 08 CD4=257/VL=75,000 Oct 08 CD4=347(16%)
Dec 08 CD4=270(16%)
Jan 09 CD4=246(13%)/VL=10,000
Feb 09 CD4=233(15%)/VL=13,000
Started meds Sustiva/Epzicom
May 09 CD4=333(24%)/VL=650
Aug 09 CD4=346(24%)/VL=UD
Nov 09 CD4=437(26%)/VL=UD
Feb 10 CD4=471(31%)/VL=UD
June 10 CD4=517 (28%)/VL=UD
Sept 10 CD4=687 (31%)/VL=UD
Jan 11 CD4=557 (30%)/VL=UD
April 11 CD4=569 (32%)/VL=UD
Switched to Epizcom, Reyataz and Norvir
(Interrupted for 2 months with only Epizcom & Reyataz)
July 11 CD=520 (28%)/VL=UD
Oct 11 CD=771 (31%)/VL=UD(<30)
April 12 CD=609 (28%)/VL=UD(<20)
Aug 12 CD=657 (29%)/VL=UD(<20)
Dec 12 CD=532 (31%)/VL=UD(<20)
May 13 CD=567 (31%)/VL=UD(<20)
Jan 14 CD=521 (21%)/VL=UD(<50)

Offline poz4afewyears

« Reply #57 on: April 22, 2009, 12:33:26 pm »
You wrote what you wrote and it's right there on the screen in front of me. Nobody twisted your words, but due to your own ineptness with the language, you were misunderstood. There's a HUGE difference.

Ann

No, I understand the language pretty well, thank you. Just because I am not in a constant state of apology for the things that I have said. And just because when I make a statement I don't end it with "except for...." and list every single person who I know who doesn't fit the mold.
The fact is, based off of all of the different places I have lived and traveled to, Americans are FAR more religious then people from other countries. But wait! My professor isn't religious, and my brother isn't religious, and the manager at the grocery store on the other side of town isn't religious, and the person I tutor isn't religious. No, sorry, not going to say all that. Americans AS A WHOLE are more religious then other people from other countries I have met. Does that mean that there are no religious people in other countries? No, I didn't say that either.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #58 on: April 22, 2009, 12:39:52 pm »
~leans back into room and shouts~

Bigoted behaviour triumphs when good people keep their mouths shut.

~sighs, and returns~

No, I understand the language pretty well, thank you. Just because I am not in a constant state of apology for the things that I have said. And just because when I make a statement I don't end it with "except for...." and list every single person who I know who doesn't fit the mold.
The fact is, based off of all of the different places I have lived and traveled to, Americans are FAR more religious then people from other countries. But wait! My professor isn't religious, and my brother isn't religious, and the manager at the grocery store on the other side of town isn't religious, and the person I tutor isn't religious. No, sorry, not going to say all that. Americans AS A WHOLE are more religious then other people from other countries I have met. Does that mean that there are no religious people in other countries? No, I didn't say that either.

And I bet you anything that if you saw me posting something like "ALL people on Atripla suffer from disabling depression and sleep-issues, you'd pull ME on my blanket statement and you'd be right to do so and tell  me I should have said SOME people suffer from these side-effects.

I see no difference to this and your blanket statements. But whatever. I think I'll go talk to the brick wall in my garden - it would probably make more sense.

But have we turned you into a big enough faghag already..?  :D

I've been a faghag forever, dahling!  :-*

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline komnaes

« Reply #59 on: April 22, 2009, 12:41:44 pm »
Furthermore, I'm a big, swishy, designer wearing, high pitch voiced, fierce ruling fairy that got AIDS from being really, really promiscuous -- AND I DON'T CARE WHO KNOWS IT.

Oh yeah, funny how you don't hear from a lot of wife beating, prostitutes screwing, tobocco chewing macho straight men that got AIDS by being really, really promiscuous -- rarely works the other way round, seems to me.

More power to us queens I say...

Just my opinion, though I wasn't being asked.. ;) now where is that desk for me to hang my head on..
Aug 07 Diagnosed
Oct 07 CD4=446(19%) Feb 08 CD4=421(19%)
Jun 08 CD4=325(22%) Jul 08 CD4=301(18%)
Sep 08 CD4=257/VL=75,000 Oct 08 CD4=347(16%)
Dec 08 CD4=270(16%)
Jan 09 CD4=246(13%)/VL=10,000
Feb 09 CD4=233(15%)/VL=13,000
Started meds Sustiva/Epzicom
May 09 CD4=333(24%)/VL=650
Aug 09 CD4=346(24%)/VL=UD
Nov 09 CD4=437(26%)/VL=UD
Feb 10 CD4=471(31%)/VL=UD
June 10 CD4=517 (28%)/VL=UD
Sept 10 CD4=687 (31%)/VL=UD
Jan 11 CD4=557 (30%)/VL=UD
April 11 CD4=569 (32%)/VL=UD
Switched to Epizcom, Reyataz and Norvir
(Interrupted for 2 months with only Epizcom & Reyataz)
July 11 CD=520 (28%)/VL=UD
Oct 11 CD=771 (31%)/VL=UD(<30)
April 12 CD=609 (28%)/VL=UD(<20)
Aug 12 CD=657 (29%)/VL=UD(<20)
Dec 12 CD=532 (31%)/VL=UD(<20)
May 13 CD=567 (31%)/VL=UD(<20)
Jan 14 CD=521 (21%)/VL=UD(<50)

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #60 on: April 22, 2009, 12:47:37 pm »
*sigh*

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #61 on: April 22, 2009, 01:01:27 pm »
Yes it is fascinating how if one asks questions and you don't like their replies they become racists and bigots. Like us being gay makes us "SPECIAL" and everyone has to agree with us because we are always right and politically correct.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 01:03:28 pm by RapidRod »

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #62 on: April 22, 2009, 01:09:15 pm »
The woman was asked how she felt about gay marriage -- she gave her honest opinion, that is true.

The question is, what are we to DEDUCE about her, from her stated opinion?  I deduced that she is a bigot who does not believe that gay people deserve equal treatment under the law.

When I saw her on Access Hollywood (or one of those entertainment shows) I deduced that she felt that Perez Hilton is a big old fag, and what right did he have to ask her that question?

Just my take on it.
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #63 on: April 22, 2009, 01:21:20 pm »
I like how some wish to paint bigotry, whether it be racial or sexuality based in nature, as simply a matter of "political correctness" as opposed to whether or not it's actually moral or even, and mor importantly, legal.

FASCINATING.  But hey, it never surprises me that some want to be apologists while simultaneously pulling the knee pads from the top shelf.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #64 on: April 22, 2009, 01:59:14 pm »
Yes it is fascinating how if one asks questions and you don't like their replies they become racists and bigots.

Well, yeah, if their reply is a racist or bigoted opinion, then it only goes to follow that they are a racist and/or a bigot! Rocket science it ain't!

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline ademas

« Reply #65 on: April 22, 2009, 02:28:11 pm »
poz4afewyears and RapidRod...oy vey...
I'm completely lost trying to follow the logic in your arguments.
I'm thinking (at this point) that it's just stuborness.

Offline David_CA

« Reply #66 on: April 22, 2009, 02:48:22 pm »
The woman was asked how she felt about gay marriage -- she gave her honest opinion, that is true.

The question is, what are we to DEDUCE about her, from her stated opinion?  I deduced that she is a bigot who does not believe that gay people deserve equal treatment under the law.

When I saw her on Access Hollywood (or one of those entertainment shows) I deduced that she felt that Perez Hilton is a big old fag, and what right did he have to ask her that question?

Just my take on it.

Bingo!  I guess she's a bit too young to know about Anita Bryant and how her homophobia killed her career.  I think Alan and I are pretty close in our opinions...from what I posted about it earlier:

If she'd only said that she didn't believe in same-sex marriage but that she understands that other people are different, perhaps things would have turned out differently. 

RapidRod, does it seem like everyone on here attacks your opinions and twists your words so that you are no longer saying what you originally said? Does it seem like people gang up on you when they really don't even understand what it was you were trying to say in the first place?

Personally, I've not had that problem here in over three years, and I'm one of the most opinionated people I know!  Granted, I don't post as often as Rod, the fierce Miss Philicia, or Ann.  I think about what I'm posting and try to consider how it might be interpreted.  There's generally a way to convey 'most any opinion without pissing people off.  If I could offer a bit of helpful advice... feel free to give your opinions while acknowledging that they are only your opinions and not truths and try not to use always, never, all, or none when referring to things or people that are not extremely close to you (and even then qualify what you say).  For example, if you'd said that 'most of the Americans that you've come across have been more religious than the people you've met in other countries,' I'll bet nobody would have bothered to challenge you on it.  This is just a suggestion; feel free to take it or leave it.
Black Friday 03-03-2006
03-23-06 CD4 359 @27.4% VL 75,938
06-01-06 CD4 462 @24.3% VL > 100,000
08-15-06 CD4 388 @22.8% VL >  "
10-21-06 CD4 285 @21.9% VL >  "
  Atripla started 12-01-2006
01-08-07 CD4 429 @26.8% VL 1872!
05-08-07 CD4 478 @28.1% VL 740
08-03-07 CD4 509 @31.8% VL 370
11-06-07 CD4 570 @30.0% VL 140
02-21-08 CD4 648 @32.4% VL 600
05-19-08 CD4 695 @33.1% VL < 48 undetectable!
08-21-08 CD4 725 @34.5%
11-11-08 CD4 672 @39.5%
02-11-09 CD4 773 @36.8%
05-11-09 CD4 615 @36.2%
08-19-09 CD4 770 @38.5%
11-19-09 CD4 944 @33.7%
02-17-10 CD4 678 @39.9%  
06-03-10 CD4 768 @34.9%
09-21-10 CD4 685 @40.3%
01-10-11 CD4 908 @36.3%
05-23-11 CD4 846 @36.8% VL 80
02-13-12 CD4 911 @41.4% VL<20
You must be the change you want to see in the world.  Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #67 on: April 22, 2009, 03:32:44 pm »

Personally, I've not had that problem here in over three years, and I'm one of the most opinionated people I know!  Granted, I don't post as often as Rod, the fierce Miss Philicia, or Ann.  I think about what I'm posting and try to consider how it might be interpreted.  There's generally a way to convey 'most any opinion without pissing people off. 

Just for the record ;) 7,634 of my posts are in the Am I forum, which I consider to be my bit for prevention. If you subtract them, I've only got 4,310 eleswhere, as of this post. 220 of those are in the bin, and 124 are I-don't-know-where, possibly in the now-defunct CSI:NY forum. So that's 3,966 posts, not much more than you, David. I'm not being defensive - you just got me wondering how much I do actually post over here as opposed to over in the scary place.

I may have a lot of posts to my name, but I also think and empathise and do my best to not be intentionally obtuse or offensive. I don't always succeed, but I try to learn from my mistakes. Generally speaking. Sometimes I fail at that too, but don't we all?

We've all got far more in common than we sometimes realise and this is part of the problem. When we focus on minor differences, we lose sight of our major similarities.  The primal need to love and be loved by another human being is one of our major similarities. The gender of the person(s) we love is a minor difference.

When I say "we", I don't mean straight people, gay people, Christians, Buddhists, Jews, Muslims, Atheists, beauty queens or bloggers. I mean all of us; the human race.

Ann

edited because I also sometimes split my infinitives, amongst other things.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 03:39:14 pm by Ann »

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline poz4afewyears

« Reply #68 on: April 22, 2009, 03:51:17 pm »
The problem is, is that the definition of "bigot" is becoming so broad. The definition of "homophobia" is too. The dictionary defines homophobia as "an extreme and irrational aversion to homosexuality and homosexual people". I don't think that most people around today who are called "homophobes" are actually that.
I am gay and I am not the least bit offended by Miss California's comment. It's not like she was out in the street holding up signs saying that all fags are going to Hell or anything. People are allowed to disagree with homosexuality, and most people do. That is their right. Just like it is my right to disagree with their disagreement. I imagine most people here would support the idea of "thought police" or "thought crimes", but we haven't quite reached that point just yet.
This reminds me of the "tolerance" people show my boyfriend, who is black, when he tells them he didn't vote for Barack Obama. Like Peter Staley, they assume that he must be self loathing and that he must hate his race, which he doesn't. So much for "tolerance" and "diversity", huh?

Oh wait. Oh my Gosh. Is Barack Obama a bigot? I am pretty sure he said word for word that he didn't support same sex marriage. And I didn't see the liberals crying foul then. Quite the contrary, Barack Obama has obtained a sort of "Messiah" status among the libs. Why was Barack Obama not labeled a "bigot" when he said he didn't support same sex marriage? Yet, if George Bush had said that same thing, and he did, the libs would tear him a new asshole. "Tolerance" and "diversity" huh? It amazes me the things people will overlook when it is someone they support. Guess what? I didn't vote for the "bigot". What does it make you if you voted for Obama and he doesn't support same sex marriage? A bigot? Self loathing?

Offline poz4afewyears

« Reply #69 on: April 22, 2009, 03:52:56 pm »
Yes it is fascinating how if one asks questions and you don't like their replies they become racists and bigots. Like us being gay makes us "SPECIAL" and everyone has to agree with us because we are always right and politically correct.

RapidRod,

Do you remember when Barack Obama stated that he didn't support same sex marriage? Was he labeled a "bigot"?

Offline poz4afewyears

« Reply #70 on: April 22, 2009, 03:58:36 pm »
A direct quote from Obama during an MTV interview "marriage is between a man and a woman".

This is the Messiah of the democrats? A bigot?  :o How self loathing can you be to have voted for Obama? He's a bigot. Wa-wa-wa. OMG. I insulted the messiah.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #71 on: April 22, 2009, 03:59:39 pm »
Well, yeah, if their reply is a racist or bigoted opinion, then it only goes to follow that they are a racist and/or a bigot! Rocket science it ain't!
Ann,  So you are saying that Miss California's  opinions were bigoted and racist, because that is how SHE believes? I'm Gay and I did not take her opinion as bigoted or racist. I know what you posted is YOUR opinion Ann of which I don't agree which I guess makes me bigoted and racist because I didn't find her opinions to be bigoted or racist. Sorry.

Offline David_CA

« Reply #72 on: April 22, 2009, 04:01:41 pm »
The problem is, is that the definition of "bigot" is becoming so broad. The definition of "homophobia" is too. The dictionary defines homophobia as "an extreme and irrational aversion to homosexuality and homosexual people". I don't think that most people around today who are called "homophobes" are actually that.
I am gay and I am not the least bit offended by Miss California's comment. It's not like she was out in the street holding up signs saying that all fags are going to Hell or anything. People are allowed to disagree with homosexuality, and most people do. That is their right. Just like it is my right to disagree with their disagreement. I imagine most people here would support the idea of "thought police" or "thought crimes", but we haven't quite reached that point just yet.
This reminds me of the "tolerance" people show my boyfriend, who is black, when he tells them he didn't vote for Barack Obama. Like Peter Staley, they assume that he must be self loathing and that he must hate his race, which he doesn't. So much for "tolerance" and "diversity", huh?

Oh wait. Oh my Gosh. Is Barack Obama a bigot? I am pretty sure he said word for word that he didn't support same sex marriage. And I didn't see the liberals crying foul then. Quite the contrary, Barack Obama has obtained a sort of "Messiah" status among the libs. Why was Barack Obama not labeled a "bigot" when he said he didn't support same sex marriage? Yet, if George Bush had said that same thing, and he did, the libs would tear him a new asshole. "Tolerance" and "diversity" huh? It amazes me the things people will overlook when it is someone they support. Guess what? I didn't vote for the "bigot". What does it make you if you voted for Obama and he doesn't support same sex marriage? A bigot? Self loathing?

From www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/issues/issues.samesexmarriage.html
Barack Obama
Opposes same-sex marriage, but also opposes a constitutional ban. Says he would repeal the Defense of Marriage Act and voted against the Federal Marriage Amendment. As stated on the Obama campaign Web site, he supports full civil unions that "give same-sex couples equal legal rights and privileges as married couples, including the right to assist their loved ones in times of emergency as well as equal health insurance, employment benefits, and property and adoption rights."
Obama sounds like he's proposing same sex marriage with a different name.

From www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/02/24/elec04.prez.bush.marriage/index.html
Bush calls for ban on same-sex marriages
 Democrats: President using amendment issue for re-election bid
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- President Bush endorsed a constitutional amendment Tuesday that would restrict marriage to two people of the opposite sex but leave open the possibility that states could allow civil unions.

"The union of a man and a woman is the most enduring human institution, honored and encouraged in all cultures and by every religious faith," Bush said.

"Marriage cannot be severed from its cultural, religious and natural roots without weakening the good influence of society."
there's more; I only posted part of it. 

Black Friday 03-03-2006
08-21-08 CD4 725 @34.5%
11-11-08 CD4 672 @39.5%
02-11-09 CD4 773 @36.8%
05-11-09 CD4 615 @36.2%
08-19-09 CD4 770 @38.5%
11-19-09 CD4 944 @33.7%
02-17-10 CD4 678 @39.9%  
06-03-10 CD4 768 @34.9%
09-21-10 CD4 685 @40.3%
01-10-11 CD4 908 @36.3%

Offline poz4afewyears

« Reply #73 on: April 22, 2009, 04:03:23 pm »
RapidRod,

These people have double standards. Miss California says that she doesn't agree with same sex marriage and she is a bigot whore and gets ripped a new asshole. Barack Obama says the exact same thing when asked his opinion and he gets elected President.

Democrats typically do shit like that. They say one thing and do another.

Offline David_CA

« Reply #74 on: April 22, 2009, 04:05:36 pm »
Ann,  So you are saying that Miss California's  opinions were bigoted and racist, because that is how SHE believes? I'm Gay and I did not take her opinion as bigoted or racist. I know what you posted is YOUR opinion Ann of which I don't agree which I guess makes me bigoted and racist because I didn't find her opinions to be bigoted or racist. Sorry.

I hate to get involved in this, but just because one US citizen of African descent doesn't get offended at the 'N' word doesn't make the White Supremist who calls him that any less of a bigot.
Black Friday 03-03-2006
08-21-08 CD4 725 @34.5%
11-11-08 CD4 672 @39.5%
02-11-09 CD4 773 @36.8%
05-11-09 CD4 615 @36.2%
08-19-09 CD4 770 @38.5%
11-19-09 CD4 944 @33.7%
02-17-10 CD4 678 @39.9%  
06-03-10 CD4 768 @34.9%
09-21-10 CD4 685 @40.3%
01-10-11 CD4 908 @36.3%

Offline poz4afewyears

« Reply #75 on: April 22, 2009, 04:06:02 pm »
From www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/issues/issues.samesexmarriage.htmlObama sounds like he's proposing same sex marriage with a different name.

From www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/02/24/elec04.prez.bush.marriage/index.html there's more; I only posted part of it. 

Oh okay, see, I knew you guys would try to spin Obama's comment. He didn't mean he opposes same sex marriage when he said he opposes same sex marriage. He meant something else. So he lied? The same thing democrats hate Bush for, for lying, and they support Obama lying. Great. Glad we got that squared away.

Offline poz4afewyears

« Reply #76 on: April 22, 2009, 04:07:23 pm »
I hate to get involved in this, but just because one US citizen of African descent doesn't get offended at the 'N' word doesn't make the White Supremist who calls him that any less of a bigot.

She didn't use a slur. She didn't say "I don't think faggots should be able to marry". Or maybe I missed that. Is this more of that double speak stuff where a person says one thing, but you have to get out your special dictionary to see what they really meant when they said what they said.

Offline David_CA

« Reply #77 on: April 22, 2009, 04:07:55 pm »
RapidRod,

These people have double standards. Miss California says that she doesn't agree with same sex marriage and she is a bigot whore and gets ripped a new asshole. Barack Obama says the exact same thing when asked his opinion and he gets elected President.

Democrats typically do shit like that. They say one thing and do another.

No, it's the conservatives (Republicans) who don't have the good sense to realize that their discriminatory onions are their opinions and not truths.
Black Friday 03-03-2006
08-21-08 CD4 725 @34.5%
11-11-08 CD4 672 @39.5%
02-11-09 CD4 773 @36.8%
05-11-09 CD4 615 @36.2%
08-19-09 CD4 770 @38.5%
11-19-09 CD4 944 @33.7%
02-17-10 CD4 678 @39.9%  
06-03-10 CD4 768 @34.9%
09-21-10 CD4 685 @40.3%
01-10-11 CD4 908 @36.3%

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #78 on: April 22, 2009, 04:09:00 pm »
Someone likes red herrings and false equivalencies here.  They either think we're dumb, or perhaps, and more likely, they're a bit psychotic.

Offline poz4afewyears

« Reply #79 on: April 22, 2009, 04:11:33 pm »
No, it's the conservatives (Republicans) who don't have the good sense to realize that their discriminatory onions are their opinions and not truths.

Okay, so just so we are on the same page. If a Republican says they don't support same sex marriage it is wrong. If a democrats says it then it is okay, because they really meant something else when they said it they just didn't feel like saying what they really wanted to say? Do I have that right?

Offline David_CA

« Reply #80 on: April 22, 2009, 04:12:36 pm »
Someone likes red herrings and false equivalencies here.  They either think we're dumb, or perhaps, and more likely, they're a bit psychotic.

You mean one of these:

[attachment deleted by admin]
Black Friday 03-03-2006
08-21-08 CD4 725 @34.5%
11-11-08 CD4 672 @39.5%
02-11-09 CD4 773 @36.8%
05-11-09 CD4 615 @36.2%
08-19-09 CD4 770 @38.5%
11-19-09 CD4 944 @33.7%
02-17-10 CD4 678 @39.9%  
06-03-10 CD4 768 @34.9%
09-21-10 CD4 685 @40.3%
01-10-11 CD4 908 @36.3%

Offline poz4afewyears

« Reply #81 on: April 22, 2009, 04:15:25 pm »
Nobody is changing the subject. I am making a comparison. Miss California said she didn't support same sex marriage, Barack Obama said he didn't support same sex marriage. One is a bigot, one is not. One gets torn apart, the other gets elected President.

Offline David_CA

« Reply #82 on: April 22, 2009, 04:17:01 pm »
Okay, so just so we are on the same page. If a Republican says they don't support same sex marriage it is wrong. If a democrats says it then it is okay, because they really meant something else when they said it they just didn't feel like saying what they really wanted to say? Do I have that right?

You're almost right.  Read a bit more though:
Opposes same-sex marriage, but also opposes a constitutional ban. Says he would repeal the Defense of Marriage Act and voted against the Federal Marriage Amendment. As stated on the Obama campaign Web site, he supports full civil unions that "give same-sex couples equal legal rights and privileges as married couples, including the right to assist their loved ones in times of emergency as well as equal health insurance, employment benefits, and property and adoption rights."
He opposes same-sex marriage (his opinion) but opposes forcing his opinion on us (his actions).  I don't know how this is really relevant to what the first loser (to Miss NC, I might add  ;)) has said.
Black Friday 03-03-2006
08-21-08 CD4 725 @34.5%
11-11-08 CD4 672 @39.5%
02-11-09 CD4 773 @36.8%
05-11-09 CD4 615 @36.2%
08-19-09 CD4 770 @38.5%
11-19-09 CD4 944 @33.7%
02-17-10 CD4 678 @39.9%  
06-03-10 CD4 768 @34.9%
09-21-10 CD4 685 @40.3%
01-10-11 CD4 908 @36.3%

Offline poz4afewyears

« Reply #83 on: April 22, 2009, 04:19:54 pm »
So? He still opposes same sex marriage? I don't care if he would try to make an amendment to the constitution or not. He still opposes same sex marriage.

It is relevant, like I said, because this woman is being torn a new asshole for her opinion, which is the same opinion as that of Barack Obama and which you just admitted is his opinion, yet when Barack Obama say it it is totally okay. When did Miss California say that she supports legislation banning same sex marriage?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 04:22:21 pm by poz4afewyears »

Offline poz4afewyears

« Reply #84 on: April 22, 2009, 04:21:09 pm »
He opposes same-sex marriage (his opinion)

I just wanted to quote this part incase it gets edited later on.

She said her opinion, she is a bigot. Obama says his opinion, he is a new messiah.

Offline ademas

« Reply #85 on: April 22, 2009, 04:22:12 pm »
Are we really comparing political expediency in Presidential politics to Ms. California's ridiculous answer in a beauty pageant?

Please...Mary...

Offline poz4afewyears

« Reply #86 on: April 22, 2009, 04:24:36 pm »
My only question was why is it okay for Obama to not support same sex marriage, yet it is not okay for this woman to? From what I gather, Barack Obama didn't really mean he opposes same sex marriage when he said word for word that he opposes same sex marriage. He meant something totally different. Why the double standard?

This doesn't suprise me though, democrats are known for saying one thing and meaning another.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #87 on: April 22, 2009, 04:28:21 pm »

This doesn't suprise me though, democrats are known for saying one thing and meaning another.

You mean like saying to the nation "We don't torture" while breaking the law and doing so 183 times in one month?

k

but this is irrelevant to the discussion, hence the red herring

Offline David_CA

« Reply #88 on: April 22, 2009, 04:30:42 pm »
My only question was why is it okay for Obama to not support same sex marriage, yet it is not okay for this woman to? From what I gather, Barack Obama didn't really mean he opposes same sex marriage when he said word for word that he opposes same sex marriage. He meant something totally different. Why the double standard?
You take one line from Obama and expect that anybody really thinks that's all he means when the rest of his wording is right there for you to read?  Personally, I think that the same-sex marriage route wasn't the best one.  I still think that pushing for the same rights (that married couples have) under a different name (union) and then going after the word (marriage) later would have been the right way to go.  It may not be too late, as Obama says he wants us to have the same rights but with a different name.  That's not a double standard; that's simply a way to reach the goal.

(edited for punctuation)
Black Friday 03-03-2006
08-21-08 CD4 725 @34.5%
11-11-08 CD4 672 @39.5%
02-11-09 CD4 773 @36.8%
05-11-09 CD4 615 @36.2%
08-19-09 CD4 770 @38.5%
11-19-09 CD4 944 @33.7%
02-17-10 CD4 678 @39.9%  
06-03-10 CD4 768 @34.9%
09-21-10 CD4 685 @40.3%
01-10-11 CD4 908 @36.3%

Offline poz4afewyears

« Reply #89 on: April 22, 2009, 04:31:22 pm »
So it is irrelevant to point out that the man most of you voted for said the exact same thing this woman did? I don't see how that is irrelevant.

Offline poz4afewyears

« Reply #90 on: April 22, 2009, 04:32:58 pm »
You take one line from Obama and expect that anybody really thinks that's all he means when the rest of his wording is right there for you to read?  Personally, I think that the same-sex marriage route wasn't the best one.  I still think that pushing for the same rights (that married couples have) under a different name (union) and then going after the word (marriage) later would have been the right way to go.  It may not be too late, as Obama says he wants us to have the same rights but with a different name.  That's not a double standard; that's simply a way to reach the goal.

(edited for punctuation)

That's called speaking in code. I don't speak in code. If you say you don't support same sex marriage I assume you don't support same sex marriage. I don't assume you mean something else.

I didn't vote for Barack Obama because he doesn't support same sex marriage, which I do. If he does support same sex marriage he should have said so instead of speaking in code.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #91 on: April 22, 2009, 04:33:51 pm »
If you ask me, this all has to do a bit with another thread on this board and Peter Staley's reply.  Just sayin'

Offline ademas

« Reply #92 on: April 22, 2009, 04:36:02 pm »
Are we going to work our way around to Hitler soon?  Please?

Offline poz4afewyears

« Reply #93 on: April 22, 2009, 04:40:33 pm »
I don't see how it would go to that.

I was pointing out that liberals are tearing this woman apart for her comment, yet the exact same person they voted for as president said the exact same thing and he was not called a bigot.

If Miss California is a bigot for saying that she doesn't agree with same sex marriage. Then so is every other person who says they don't support it. Not just conservatives. I did not hear a peep from the libs when Obama made that comment. Not one peep.

Offline dixieman

« Reply #94 on: April 22, 2009, 04:47:22 pm »
poz4afewyears... oh yes people will pcik, and pick every little detail of your comments if their not exactly the same as theirs... it's overwhelming at times but, do like I do... post your thoughts, read theirs and listen to their point of view and go from there. Some peopl on the message board enjoy being argumentive... because theres only one opinion... but, in America we all have a say whether someone agrees and or not!
Rapidrod I agree with you 100% on this one...

Offline Tim Horn

« Reply #95 on: April 22, 2009, 04:47:32 pm »
Actually, Poz, "liberals" have had plenty to say about Obama's reluctance to support same-sex marriage, along with other decisions that don't jive with his campaign rhetoric -- the "liberal" outcry at his selection of Rick Warren to deliver the inaugural invocation is another case in point. I think you're being a little disingenuous with this analogy.

Tim Horn

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #96 on: April 22, 2009, 04:48:43 pm »
That because liberals are Nazis.  (happy, ademas?)

Offline poz4afewyears

« Reply #97 on: April 22, 2009, 04:51:14 pm »
Tim Horn,

I really don't follow politics to that much of a degree. I go to a Unitarian Universalist church, and I am SURROUNDED by the most kneejerk liberals I have ever seen. And not one of them said a single thing about Obama not supporting same sex marriage, the did, however, comment on his choice of Rick Warren.
But there was no where near as much controversy about his comment as there was about this woman's. He is a representative of this country to the entire world. This woman is a bimbo.
So kow I have a President who does not support my right to marry someone of the same gender. He may not be supportive of banning it or making an amendment against it,  but he still doesn't support it.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 04:53:52 pm by poz4afewyears »

Offline poz4afewyears

« Reply #98 on: April 22, 2009, 04:54:10 pm »
That because liberals are Nazis.  (happy, ademas?)

Red herring?

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #99 on: April 22, 2009, 04:58:30 pm »
Well, I have to say that pozafew has done an excellent, and predictably duplicitous, job at moving the discussion away from his fascinating and oh-so-revealing "stereotypical" homosexuals. It sends a bad message to people" comment from just five hours ago.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.