Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:59:12 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773291
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 710
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 700
Total: 701

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Hi from Brixton London Uk  (Read 7577 times)

Offline Krsnapoz

Hi from Brixton London Uk
« on: September 05, 2007, 05:22:05 pm »
Hey all,

On the 23 July 2007 I when for the result of my blood test at St George Hospital, only to be told I the result as positive, shock but not suppress, wish I had brought a friend to have shoulder to cry on. It was only 4 years previously that I visited the hospital with a close friend whom on the day was told he was Hiv Poz he now pass away.  I remember carrying a pocket size Gita (the news age bible) and read to him a verse which read,

There was never a time when I or you were not, or when any of these monarchs assembled here were not. Neither shall a time ever arise when we shall not be. Ch2. v12

Just as we observe in this life the change of a youthful body to an old one, so yet another body is adopted at the time when this one must pass. Those who have understood the true nature of life are never bewildered by this. Ch2. v12.

So may be this path that I am now on might lead to me passing from this world, but I like many of you my faith in the High Self  outside and inside the body politics will continue, and  I have a spiritual background will help me to keep my head and heart above the water

I had a few Day's where I felt down about me being Poz, but I will not allow that to get in my way of focusing on the on perfection the meaning of life, at the moment I focusing on my diet, by visiting this sight I am learning  a lot on how I will manage  my life during these difficult times and I have move into a more subjective integration as to been positive.  I read an interested dialogue on Selenium an on the last day of August I made up my mind to take Selenium from the first of September, I now take 200mg a day, I due to visit the hospital 12 October  for test so I see what happen then.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Re: Hi from Brixton London Uk
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2007, 05:33:50 pm »
Krsna,

Welcome!

I'm sorry you had to join us, but I'm glad you piloted your chariot here all the same. Welcoming a new member is always a bittersweet thing.

Since you've indicated an interest in diet and supplement based approaches to dealing with HIV you might like to check out our Nutrition forum. Also our Research forum might interest you as well. You should be aware that selenium can be toxic in excessive doses and taken with good medical advice.

Fondly,

MtD
(Who has not read the Bhagavad Gita in years]

Offline penguin

• The Penguin Whisperer
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2007, 06:39:05 pm »
I am waving hello to you from SW6  :)

welcome to the forums!

kate

Offline xyahka

• Dance together!! aha!! aha!! I like it!!
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2007, 03:26:43 am »
Hey welcome to the forums, so glad you are optimistic and a believer, it really helps.

Send you a big hug, and keep on enjoying life!!.

Juan Carlos
13/03/07 1er diagnóstico /Peso: 79kg
19/04/07 CD4: 494 /CViral: ?? /Peso: 80kg
19/07/07 CD4: 659 /CViral: ?? /Peso: 79.5kg
06/03/08 CD4: 573 (después de meses muy deprimido) /CViral: ?? /Peso: 79kg
17/09/08 CD4: ?? /CViral: ?? /Peso: 84Kg
06/02/09 CD4: ?? /CViral: ?? /Peso: 85Kg /HCV: Neg /HBV: Neg.
07/03/09 CD4: ?? /CViral: ?? /Peso: 87Kg / Gym 3días/semana y Natación 2días/semana.
12/05/09 CD4: 470 /Cviral: ?? /Peso: 87Kg.
08/07/09 CD4: ? /CViral: ? /Peso: 77Kg.
09/12/09 CD4: 510 /CViral: ? /Peso: 78kg. No medicinas aún
10/01/10 CD4: ? /CViral: ? /Peso: 76Kg.
15/05/10 CD4: 320 /CViral: ? /Peso: 76Kg.
01/02/11 CD4: 291 /CViral: ? /Peso: 78kg.
05/05/11 CD4: 366 /CViral: ? /Peso: 78kg.
27/07/11 CD4: 255 /CViral: 138000 /Peso: 78kg.

Disfrutando y aceptando una nueva vida...

Offline Krsnapoz

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2007, 12:15:23 pm »
Krsna,

Welcome!

I'm sorry you had to join us, but I'm glad you piloted your chariot here all the same. Welcoming a new member is always a bittersweet thing.

Since you've indicated an interest in diet and supplement based approaches to dealing with HIV you might like to check out our Nutrition forum. Also our Research forum might interest you as well. You should be aware that selenium can be toxic in excessive doses and taken with good medical advice.

Fondly,

MtD
(Who has not read the Bhagavad Gita in years]
[/quote

Thanks for response like the bittersweet analysis, on one hand through the process of sex  we are given opportunity to taste the sweetness of life and not through the process  of  sex, the process of death has now come to introduce it self,  As you in the Gita, Krsna speak very nicely about Birth and death, but now I like many a person here, I am sure we are aware that death might just be a little bit closer that we previously though, but one thing is very clean and possible it the final challenge which is on our side.

As Krsna say’s in Gita
If one’s consciousness is filled with remembrance of me at the last of one’s life within the  body then one sure to reach Me. Have no doubt of this. Ch 8 5v

Knowing that is most helpful and a great weapon again the fearful sleeping negative thought that sometime come along been POZ.

I am a bit disappointed to fine out that until my blood level reach 300 the medical authority will not be willing to help me, that for me is madness, I great full for the posting on the subject selenium, it is very helpful information, I an new to my Doctor Surgery in 3 year I have only seen him 6 times, so I not likely to tell that I am taking Selenium just now, I already see the reaction as to what happen when I told then about take wheatgrass juice as part of my diet, but I have some else in the medical fieldl whom will monitor my progress.

It’s great to hear that you read the Gita, I now fine those words about the eternal nature self most potent in this hour.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2007, 01:05:07 pm by Krsnapoz »

Offline Krsnapoz

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2007, 07:26:12 am »
I am waving hello to you from SW6  :)

welcome to the forums!

kate

Thanks for you welcoming message.

Offline Krsnapoz

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2007, 01:55:27 pm »
Hey welcome to the forums, so glad you are optimistic and a believer, it really helps.

Send you a big hug, and keep on enjoying life!!.

Juan Carlos

Harebol Juan,

Thank for your hug, I felt it, I was once call the eternal optimistic and I now in a position of been Poz, like you and many of the I must come to believe in the  dynamic spirit energy the true self,  is  10  times more brighter than the Sun, I need to remember that when I go into the Dr room next for my blood test result and when I come out his room I am more  20 times brighter what ever the result of my test may be up or down.

Offline Krsnapoz

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2007, 05:56:58 pm »

Tomorrow I will wake up knowing that I have 10 day to go to my next blood test and right now I am fearing the needles, my second fear will be to hear two week later that my blood count has drop.
Between my next visit and now  I looking to create a healing space some where in my home or in the garden when I can go and think about my HIV STATUS and get to know that part of my new found existence.

Once upon a time when I work in mental health I use visit Glastonbury to sit by a tree there an simple empty myself from all the client group case problem  recharge myself to my heart content,  I need a to redevelop a resource shelter and I like the look of this Portamids Pyramid
The Portamid is designed as a meditation pyramid. It is available in 6', 7', 8', 9' and 10 feet size.
People who have used the Portamid experienced:
•   A strong detoxification of the entire body
•   Great relaxation and piece of mind
•   Higher energy and vitality
•   Deeper meditation

That what I want as my space.

Offline komnaes

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2007, 10:11:41 pm »
Hi from Hongkong

I also recently found out. I think your idea of finding a "shelter" to recharge is a great one, whether it's inside a pyramid or just a corner in your garden.

Some years ago I used to go hiking alone a lot, almost weekly; I would stray from the mapped trail and I remember finding some really quiet spots where I would sit for up to an hour just trying to empty my mind and breathing in the "earth energy". Now that you've reminded me of this way to recharge I think I should definitely try doing it again soon.

I read many messages here and I like one about how it would take at least a year to not to worry so much about the ups and downs of chart. I haven't even had my first set of stats and I know I will go panicky again if they are not as good as I want. But I know I have to handle the news one way or another.

Good luck with your results.

Hugs, Shaun
« Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 10:13:36 pm by komnaes »
Aug 07 Diagnosed
Oct 07 CD4=446(19%) Feb 08 CD4=421(19%)
Jun 08 CD4=325(22%) Jul 08 CD4=301(18%)
Sep 08 CD4=257/VL=75,000 Oct 08 CD4=347(16%)
Dec 08 CD4=270(16%)
Jan 09 CD4=246(13%)/VL=10,000
Feb 09 CD4=233(15%)/VL=13,000
Started meds Sustiva/Epzicom
May 09 CD4=333(24%)/VL=650
Aug 09 CD4=346(24%)/VL=UD
Nov 09 CD4=437(26%)/VL=UD
Feb 10 CD4=471(31%)/VL=UD
June 10 CD4=517 (28%)/VL=UD
Sept 10 CD4=687 (31%)/VL=UD
Jan 11 CD4=557 (30%)/VL=UD
April 11 CD4=569 (32%)/VL=UD
Switched to Epizcom, Reyataz and Norvir
(Interrupted for 2 months with only Epizcom & Reyataz)
July 11 CD=520 (28%)/VL=UD
Oct 11 CD=771 (31%)/VL=UD(<30)
April 12 CD=609 (28%)/VL=UD(<20)
Aug 12 CD=657 (29%)/VL=UD(<20)
Dec 12 CD=532 (31%)/VL=UD(<20)
May 13 CD=567 (31%)/VL=UD(<20)
Jan 14 CD=521 (21%)/VL=UD(<50)

Offline Krsnapoz

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2007, 05:38:40 pm »
Hi from Hongkong

I also recently found out. I think your idea of finding a "shelter" to recharge is a great one, whether it's inside a pyramid or just a corner in your garden.

Some years ago I used to go hiking alone a lot, almost weekly; I would stray from the mapped trail and I remember finding some really quiet spots where I would sit for up to an hour just trying to empty my mind and breathing in the "earth energy". Now that you've reminded me of this way to recharge I think I should definitely try doing it again soon.

I read many messages here and I like one about how it would take at least a year to not to worry so much about the ups and downs of chart. I haven't even had my first set of stats and I know I will go panicky again if they are not as good as I want. But I know I have to handle the news one way or another.

Good luck with your results.

Hugs, Shaun

Hi Shaun
Thanks for your message, Yes your right the need for a quit spot will be quite necessary, where by one can come to  and cry, scream or just embrace one self in this difficult times. I agree with you about emptying the mind and taking long deep breath and relax.

In my healing pyramid, I want to take three books with me, some thing by Louise Hay, I like all of her book and tapes, but the book that I will take with me on this new journey is her book call LOVE YOUR BODY.

Contracting HIV has brought me close to think about death more so than any other time in this life, yes there are some good medication that might help prolong my life and might not, I have friends whom have been HIV POZ for years and I also had friends whom have pass from this world due to developing what call aids,
I am going to look in to topics around Near Death Experience and that has been sitting on my bookshelve for some time now waiting for me to read it is a book by Philip Kapleau call THE WHEEL OF LIFE AND DEATH that will help me face  upto the ultimate fear factor which is in the event that I develop aids, death and reborn will be next, and Michael Carter LIVING WITH HIV a very practical and straight forward book for me to digest at this stage.

Well 14 October 07 I will have my second visit to see my consultant to hear about my last blood test result, the stock market goes up today and tomorrow it goes down, I understand from been on this site that part of the reality of being HIV POZ my blood count can go up and down, if I hear that my blood count has gone down I be distress for a few days and I have pick myself up and carry on, if its goes up then I feel what I doing to assist my body in its healing process is working. Either way I will have live through the unwinding journey of been HIV POZ.

Few years ago I use to care for a dear friend whom contacted HIV (he has now pass from this world) and I use to accompany him to the very clinic I am visiting now then I was just his support, I had know idea as to what he meant my Viral load and CD4 count its was medical stuff and I had no heart for that kind of information, but what I new was when we left the clinic it was my duty to take my friend out for a me meal, long walk in the park and talk thing through and in the evening time go to club to help him relax and read to him some of the nice words of Krishna in the Gita.  So I will have to double up and support myself after my visit's to the consultant, the first time I met with him the after effect of meeting him took me a week before I could leave my home, I was so taken back by all this new found knowledge about my blood level and work of the virus in my body, I still feel its mad that until my blood count reach 200 I be unable to take medication.  I will need to develop that retreat space to cope with new found challenge which being HIV POZ bring. Amen

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.