Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:18:40 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773292
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 794
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 609
Total: 609

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Thanks to those supportive people out there  (Read 4387 times)

Offline Sebastian1969

Thanks to those supportive people out there
« on: December 10, 2009, 08:34:00 pm »
First of all a special thanks to the people on here that are supportive and for shring their stories and giving encouragement.  The past couple months have been a whirlwind of emotions and worries since my boyfriend has gone on meds, but two months later the doctor skipped the VL load test since it went from 190,000 to 880 the first month, and just did the cd sount and it is now at 211--double what it was when he started Atripla, I think that is great and may have been higher if he weren't fighting a nasty cold.  No signs of any complications and the sores on his lip--I can't remember what the doctor called them are completely gone and so if the fugal infection he originally went in for.

Reality really hit when he when on meds.  Even though we have known for years (me the seven we have been together-this time around- and him for the past 14-15 years), being put on meds really brought all the feelings to the surface again.  I have and will continue to learn all I can, and am very compassionate when it comes to the feelings of others.  Although I do not have HIV, I feel so much of what he feels and we fight this thing together and treating it has become part of our lives without defining who either one of us are.  I am very lucky to have found someone so caring, loving, compassionate.  I have never let the fact that he is positive effect the way I see him, it only makes the feelings I have for him stronger and I see what a strong person I have by my side.

I am feeling a little mushy today, but love does conquer all and love is what it will take to find a cure and and an end to HIV.  Until that end comes, it is inspiring to see so many people come together on this website and share their feelings and thoughts.  I have to say that it has changed my preception on how people view HIV, and has shown me that we (my and my boyfriend) are not alone in our journey.  Thanks again to all the special people out their.

Offline g_ale

Re: Thanks to those supportive people out there
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2009, 05:45:55 pm »
Thanks also to you Sebastian.
I'm new here and i'm learning a lot about living with HIV since my brother was diagnosed positive last autumn. It's hard but you can feel so relieved when you can share your thoughts and fears with other  people and realize that they are going through the same path and that you're not alone so is not your boyfriend.
I wish you both all the best! Everything is gonna be all right!!

Offline Carly

Re: Thanks to those supportive people out there
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2009, 12:01:23 pm »
First of all a special thanks to the people on here that are supportive and for shring their stories and giving encouragement. 

And I just wanted to say: Ditto! :)  And you yourself have been very supportive too, Sebestian.  You don't know how much it meant to read your comforting words on here when I first posted.  So, thanks.  And thanks to everyone else too.  I'm honestly very grateful that forums like this exist.  It lets us all know that we are not alone.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.