Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:03:49 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 391
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 360
Total: 361

Author Topic: Possible transmission risk?  (Read 7483 times)

Offline Kunini

Possible transmission risk?
« on: June 06, 2021, 08:45:06 am »
Hey guys
It’s my first post here, I’ve been worrying about something that I’d like to clarify and I couldn’t really find any info on this, hopefully this will be helpful.
I’ve been und since 2017 and my bf is neg. we’ve been doing unprotected sex for a while but this week something happened that has been on my mind. When we were having anal sex, he had a minor cut on his foreskin and bled a lot, and I also happen to bleed a little from the anus due to is not having sex for a while. This means that my blood was in direct contact with his sore. Even though I’m undetectable for 4 years, should we be worried that he can get poz from this situation? Thanks In advance guys

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
Re: Possible transmission risk?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2021, 08:59:54 am »
Hiya.

Nothing to be worried about in regards to passing on HIV.

I've moved your post to this section as it's a prevention topic and this is the section for those type of questions

As your a new member though can you please open an introduction thread in the "living with HIV" section to introduce yourself to the forum members. Thanks.

Let us know in the introduction thread how are you are otherwise doing, how the treatment is going etc.  It's standard for new members.

:)
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Kunini

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2021, 05:44:13 pm »
Hi Jim,

Thank you for your reply!

Let me start off by saying how much this forum has helped me back in 2017 when I found out about my status, thank u guys. A lot of the information online is a bit incomplete at times and here we can get to know a lot more (also sorry about my English, it’s my third language)

I understand and know that U=U is in regards to sexual transmission, however I wasn’t sure about the blood. Because In this situation his open cut was in direct contact with a sore that was also bleeding in my anus. How is it not something to worry about if undetectable people can still pass on HIV by blood through needles, for example?

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2021, 10:39:58 pm »
Injecting blood directly into the bloodstream through needles bypasses a number of barriers including the innate immune system. This isn't the situation with wounds, cuts etc.

Blood from or in contact with cuts, nicks and scrapes, ect can happen during sex, yet in 22 years of it being studies and recorded, no transmission of HIV with a suppressed viral load recorded. Besides, you are forgetting that minor cuts, wounds etc normally lack route.

Relax, put this thought behind you. As you are both sexually active remember to test at least yearly out of standard routine for STI's.

Best, Jim.
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.