Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:47:09 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772963
  • Total Topics: 66312
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 224
Total: 224

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Short question: Needle injury with a pinboardpin  (Read 13344 times)

Offline Fabian2006

Short question: Needle injury with a pinboardpin
« on: July 09, 2006, 05:00:39 am »
Hello everyone  :) ,

good to see, that things here are still going on. I really like the new forums and still appreciate your great work!

Once again, I got a little question and a concern that worries me a little bit. Of course I am able to use the search engine, but I didnt find anything that fits my situation properly. Any other cases dealing with small cuts around the nail bed, not with a real deep wound.

Situation:

Exactly 2 days before my vacation, I got involved into a car accident.  :'( I got a deep cut, that blooded heavily, on my left ring finger.
The cut was sewed with two stiches.

From now on, I did everything to make this wound heal quickly.

Seven days after this accident, I met a cute irish Girl :-) We kissed for a while after heading for her place. There we continued kissing. She dont wanted real sexual intercourse but I fingered her with my left forefinger and middle finger for about 30 minutes. I dont know if my ring finger was also inside. The stitches were still in my finger. I had a plaster over the wound, which covered my injury.

Back in my room, I looked carefully at my finger. There was no visible blood to soo. The plaster was all white. The next day, I got a little nervous and put my injured finger in a glass of pure 40% vodka. I felt nothing. So I guess, the wound was already closed, right? I also was swimming in the ocean and the saltwater didnt cause pain on my wound.

What makes me really dizzy is, that Iīm suffering painfull swollen lymph nodes, sore throat and slimy sputum. This started a few days later. Off course I know that this is too early for any sign of hiv infection, but it made me crazy somehow. Off course this could be caused by 7 days of excesively drinking, smoking very many cigarettes and didnt really got much sleep.

My questions  ??? :

1. Are 7 days enough for the wound, to get closed so far that hiv-transmission cannot habppen anymore?
2. How would you asses my risk in generell?
3. How is the HIV-prevalence in Ireland, is it a risky zone? I didnīt know anything about that.
4. Could vaginal fluids which somehow made it under the plaster cause an infection?

Thank you all

Fabian

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: Curios for Opinion - Fingering with a deep 7-days-old-deep-cut
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2006, 07:03:49 am »
Fabian,

Fingering is not a risk for hiv infection. Even if your  cut was fresh and uncovered, I would not be concerned about hiv infection through fingering. You can rest easy as you did not have a risk.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Fabian2006

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2006, 08:41:10 am »
Hi Ann,

thank you so much. I allready thougt something like this, but needed the reassurance. Good to hear, that I wasnt at any risk for HIV.

By the, I dont know if you remember me. We had some interesting konversations in the old forum. You gave me some precius advice to care for an friend with hiv. I followed everey advice you gave me. IN the meantime he is doing a lot better, but not perfect. Heīs got some kind of dementia. I hope thats the right term. He always forgets something and cant remember things from the past. But he got a lot of friends. Im confindent, we get throug this. Once again, thanks!t

P.S. Greetings especialy to Beto (How is it going?) , Darfiber, JKNTLI, Andy, Matty, Rapid and everyone I forget.
Keep up that hopespending work!

Best wishes

Fabain

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2006, 09:12:10 am »
I do remember you Fabian.

If your friend is doing better, it's not likely to be dementia he is suffering from - dementia is very serious. It sounds like he suffers from something I do, which I and many others call "brainfog". It is unclear whether or not it is the virus itself that causes this, or stress and depression or even the meds, or all of the above. I think it has a lot to do with the virus myself (because I'm not on meds, I'm not depressed and aside from occasionally in this forum, I'm not stressed...), but there doesn't seem to be a definitive answer. I get around it the best I can by writing everything down and I use the Tasks function in MS Office quite a bit. Maybe you can suggest this to your friend. Post-it notes are my best friend and maybe you can buy a pack of them for your mate.

One subject that is firmly etched on my mind is transmission risks for hiv. I could recite them in my sleep - and sometimes I do. ;)

Keep using those condoms for intercourse Fabian, and you'll be fine where hiv is concerned. I remember you having problems with them breaking on you, so if you haven't already, be sure to read through the condom and lube links in my signature line. Correctly used condoms rarely break.

And don't worry about fingering!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Fabian2006

Another demon thatīs haunting my mind
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2006, 01:00:12 pm »
Hello everyone, especially Ann!

ANN, Greetings form your favorite naughty highjacker. I hope you are doing fine  :-*

Let me say that you were totally right, with what you say about my friend. I saw him on the weekend. I am glad to bring you the good, that he is doing a lot better as before. In 8 weeks he will be able to return to work. Especially the brain fog thing is very interessting. I keep you updated if you want. But know, like allways, to something different.

As I allready know, I was not at risk for HIV in my personal situation. But as you all know I suffering a sore throat. This started aprox. 2-4 days after deep kissing, licking her breasts, mutual masturbation and fingering.

Some of you may remeber, that I caught tripper/gono a year ago. With antibiotics, its completely cured with antibiotcs.  Even my doc was unable the identify the origin were I got it from. Know I fear, that I maybe catched syphilis. I got slight pain during swalloing, my lymphnode on the left neck is stronlgy swollen. I also got a red bump (I hope its the right word) inside my throat. I dont feeling sick, only a bit tired, no fever. Hopefully its just a simple inflammation of the throat.

My questions:

1. Considering the fact the gilrl has syphilis, does it increase the risk of hiv-transmission, assumed the girl is +? I heared something about a thing called virus-shed  :-[
2. Am I still at no risk fo HIV or HEP C?
3. When is the right time to take a test for syphilis?
4. Is it common for syph to start 4-5 days after exposure?

I really fear the confrontation with the doc.  :'( What do you think of all this? I hope someone can explain it to me. I will be gratefull for everey post.

With the best wishes

Fabian

P.S. edited due to to many misspellings  :-\ I still want my award for the badest written english in this forum  ;D *ggg*

« Last Edit: July 18, 2006, 01:11:13 pm by Fabian2006 »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2006, 07:15:42 am »
Fabian,

1. Do you know for a fact that this woman has syphilis? And no, even if she does and even if she is also hiv positive, none of the activities put you at risk of hiv infection. You only would have been at increased risk if she had an active syphilis sore in her vagina or anus and you had unprotected intercourse with her. The activities you engaged in did not put you at risk of hiv infection whether or not she also had syphilis.

2. You were not at risk for hiv or hcv.

3. Syphilis shares a three month window period with hiv. It also shares the fact that if a person is indeed infected, they will test positive long before the three month period is over. The three month window is for a conclusive negative result.

4. No. Syphilis symptoms usually take anywhere between two and twelve WEEKS to show. Please have a read through the inSPOT webpages for further STI information.

If you're having problems with your throat, the ONLY way to know what's going on is to see a doctor.

I'm glad to hear your friend is feeling better.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Fabian2006

Just a short Question ībout Kissing
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2007, 01:31:20 pm »
Hi there,

here is my really short question, I hope one of you can help me out with reliable information. Iīm quite sure I catched Herpes yesterday. I visited the sauna/steambath in my gym. Its not the cleanest place around, but its cheap. I suspect this place to be to source of my gono years ago, but thats past. Tomorow I am going to a Art Fair with a very nice person. Now Iīm a bit worried about tomorow. Iīve read, that blood to blood contact can be risky.

What I want you to ask is the following:

I got little red spots that bleeding on my lips. Very little wounds (like small cuts) that bleed a bit. You can see the tissue slightly turn red sometimes.

a) is there any risk of getting something (STD or HIV)b ecause of the little open wounds?
b) Is it risky for the other person to kiss me?

Thanx a lot
Fabian
« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 02:24:02 pm by Fabian2006 »

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: Just a short Question ībout Kissing
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2007, 03:06:34 pm »
Kissing is not a risk for HIV transmission.

I'm not clear as to why you're concerned about transmitting HIV.

This is an HIV-specific website so I can't comment much about herpes except that it can be transmitted easily by contact skin to skin during an outbreak.

You haven't described any incident(s) which lead me to imagine how you think you might have been exposed to either. Neither is contracted airborne.

Please clarify if I am missing something here. 
Andy Velez

Offline Fabian2006

Re: Just a short Question ībout Kissing
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2007, 05:08:42 pm »
Hello Andy,

thank you very much for your response. You dont miss anything. One more, thank you!

Of course I know that this is a HIV-related site. This was not my first visit and post. Your advices -  from all of you - have been allways very helpfull to me.

Due to an incident - that I allready described here - I am very sensitve to this topic. I only wanted a reassurance. You asked me why I am concerned about HIV-transmisson. In some articles I read that two people with open sores have a risk of contracting hiv during kissing. Even thoug they describe it as theoreticall, they say it can be happen. I didnt belive in this statement really. So I turned to the best site on the web for this topic to clear this up. My question is answered.

I wish you a nice evening
all the best to you
and keep up that hopespending work!

your
Fabian

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2007, 05:15:45 pm »
Fabian, I hadn't noticed that you had a previous thread. I've merged it with your latest one. Please keep all of your entries in this same thread.

I'm glad you found our exchange to be helpful.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline Fabian2006

2 short questions ībout blowjobs and injuries
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2008, 10:32:47 am »
Hello everyone,

the first words going out to the admins. I hope I am doing the right thing, posting this questions in my old thread. It is quite confuseable, that the title refers to my old questions.

Itīs been a while since I last visited this brilliant and hopespending forum, but I never forgot you. I hope everybody is doing well. Iīve learned a lot here and cant say how much I appreciate your work. I just got two short questions, that you are might be able to answer.

Situation:

I met an old friend of mine at a party. We already had sexual encounters before. I know that she is sexualactive very much and often changes her partners. After kissing in the club, we went outside. There she gave me a pretty hard handjob. I fingered her. After that she gave me blowjob. Too bad that the handjob was so rough that it has caused little injuries on my penis. One, to be precise :-) I noticed a tiny open wound that bleeds very slightly, allmost not noticeable.

My questions

1. Is there any posibility that I could infect with HIV?  Of course I read the lessons section, but it didnt say anything about littel cuts or injuries on penis, during a blowjob. My little fear is, that this little wound could offer a entrance to the virus. On the other hand, I know that saliva is not infectius. And just for the theory, does it change something, if she had littel open bleeding sores in her mouth? (Small amount of blood-to-blood contact)

2. My second questions refers to the statement, that HIV is transmitted inside the human body only. After In fingered her vagina, which was quite wet, I touched my penis. I really canīt remember were. Most of the time, she kept it in her hands :-) Is it possible, that vaginal fluids on my hand could lead to an infection after I touched my penis and the little open wound?

It would be great, if soemone could ease me mind. Wish you all the best

Fabian

P.S. Many greetins to Ann, your condomtipps are good as gold. I really needed this earlier ;-)

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2008, 11:08:12 am »
Again no risk. Seek professional mental help for your sexual issues.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2008, 11:24:17 am »
Fabian, if you were really reading and listening †ø what has been said to you before, you'd know that nothing you did put you at risk in this latest incident.

Sexually the risks are via unprotected vaginal and anal intercourse. The rest of behaviors are pretty much only risky theoretically. In the real world of HIV transmission døesn't happen through masturbation of any sort, getting a blowjob no matter how rough or through cunnilingus.

Andy Velez

Offline Fabian2006

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2008, 12:12:27 pm »
Hi Andy, hi Rod,

once again thanks for your precious and valueable assesment. You both should know, that I will consider your tip, seeking mental health. Even thoug, I think my case is not that hard compared to other wwīs in this forum. I guess, I am somehow traumatized because of the different events that took place in my past. Does my writting and my questions really sound that wierd to you? If yes, I apologize. Do you think mental help can make me able to better deal with my fears? Last one, am I allowed to continue aksing questions in this forum, or would you recommend dont asking anything again and dont visit this forum again?

All the best
Fabian

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2008, 04:53:18 am »
Fabian,

You've been coming here for years now - you were a member of the old forums. (oh yes, I remember you!) It is in light of this that we urge you to seek counseling. You should have learned by now what does and what does not constitute a risk for hiv infection and the fact that you still question every little hand or blow job you get tells us that you have some deeper issues with sexual activity.

You don't have to live your life in the shadow of these anxieties. Sexuality is a normal part of a healthy life. A good counselor/therapist can help you to change your thought patterns and enjoy your life. Do it.

And by the way, you didn't have a risk in any of the latest activities you bring to us.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Fabian2006

My good bye post & one last question
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2008, 04:50:11 am »
Dear Ann, Andy and Rod,

in fact thereīs nothing left to say.
I will go for counseling and mental help in this issue. I do not know exactly were to go, but I try to find someone who is able to help me.

Am I allowed to ask one more question before I leave and return no further than my mental problems are solved?

One thing ībout sex during menstruation.

Unfortunately I had sex with a girl during menstruation. After changing positions, I noticed that there was blood all over the condom. We immediately stopped intercourse. I went to the bathroom, put the condom away and washed my penis. From this forum I know that there was know no risk because of the condom use. What bothers me a bit - and to that part I found nothing in this forum  :-[ - that I performed a short episode of oral sex on her. Very short, we are talking about 2-4 minutes and no very deep licking. I even didn't noticed blood during licking, only a bit of clear fluid. I only noticed blood on the condom. Some Websites say, that during menstruation even unvisible ammounts in vaginal secrets could cause an hiv-infection. Is cunnilingus during the menstruation a risk and do I need to worry over the incident?

It would be very great, if you could answer this last question for me. I promise I will never return, since I am in a better mental condition.

Moreover its so great how patient you were to me. Even If I came up over and over again with questions. I can understand that it must be very frustrating, dealing with someone like me :-( Sorry, sorry, sorry for that. I dont want to make you angry  :'(

No its time to say good bye, maybe I come back in a couple of years and report you my experiences with the therapy, maybe not. We will see.

All the best for you
canīt thank you enough
you are the best
Fabian

« Last Edit: March 22, 2008, 05:05:07 am by Fabian2006 »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2008, 07:04:03 am »
Fabian,

You didn't notice or taste blood when you went down on this woman because there probably wasn't any. The act of penetrative intercourse can bring a woman on when she's due and it sounds to me like this is what happened in your case.

Hiv transmission doesn't stand a chance of happening via female genitals to mouth - there are just too many obstacles on the oral route.

The first obstacle is the mouth itself. The mouth is a veritable fortress, standing against all sorts of pathogens we come into contact with every minute of our lives. It's a very hostile environment and saliva has been shown to contain over a dozen different proteins and enzymes that damage hiv.

Hiv is a very fragile virus - literally. Its outer surface doesn't take kindly to changes in its preferred environment; slight changes in temperature, moisture content and pH levels all damage the outer surface. Importantly, it needs this outer surface to be intact before it can latch onto a few, very specific cell types and infect. 

Which leads to the second obstacle. Hiv can only latch onto certain types of cells, cells which are not found in abundance in the mouth.

These two points hold true even when there are small amounts of menstrual blood present.

The third obstacle to transmission this way is having hiv present in the first place. The female secretion where hiv has been shown to be present is the cervicovaginal fluid. This fluid is actually a thick mucus that covers and protects the cervix. 

The fluid a woman produces when sexually excited comes from the Bartholin's glands, located on either side of the vaginal opening. I have yet to discover one shred of evidence (and believe me, I've looked) that shows this lubricating fluid to have any more hiv present than other bodily secretions such as saliva, sweat or tears. Saliva, sweat and tears are NOT infectious fluids.

So there you have it. Once the results of the serodiscordant studies started rolling in, what we know about hiv transmission on the cellular level was validated. The only people who were getting infected were those who had unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse. Period. One of the three studies went on for ten years and involved hundreds of couples. That's a lot of nookie. And you can bet the women in these studies were on, or just about to start or fiinish, their periods many times during the studies.

And by the way, condoms still prevent hiv infection, even when menstrual blood is present. Keep using them!

Ann
« Last Edit: March 22, 2008, 07:06:30 am by Ann »

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Fabian2006

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2008, 09:16:57 pm »
Hello Ann,

sorry for posting. This definitely is my final post (I really hope so)
Thank you for your full description. Think you are right, the blood first apperead when we starteted intercourse.
You know that I am not a native speaker. Just want to make clear, that understood this right.

No risk for me, no testing needed, right?

Thanks
Fabian

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2008, 09:27:25 pm »
That's right: no risk, no testing required.
Andy Velez

Offline Fabian2006

Therapy started, syphilis diagnosed
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2008, 11:26:25 am »
Shame on me!

Very bad news force me to return...

First of all. I am in therapy currently. I found someone who is a specialist in things like this. The Counselor is a very kind man and shows a lot of understanding for my personal situation. He even gets to the source of my real problems.  And guess what, he told me to stay away from the internet, especially from google in combi with the key word HIV and from sites like this. Don't get me wrong, please. You know how gratefull I am, that such a site is in the web and how I appreciate your hopespending work. He just mentionend, that too much involvement only fuel my fears. Off course I know this is only the beginning of a long way for me to go. I actually planend to follow his advise. Things are going nice so far.

Unfortunately a very sad thing has happenend  :'(  After my four encounters:

- unprotected blow job with a little razor cut on the penis and a rough handjob
  - protected vaginal intercourse, condom stayed intact
  - protected vaginal intercourse during menstruation, stopped immediately when I noticed and washed my penis
  - active oral on a women during menstruation, only very slight and interupted immediately when I noticed

I noticed several pimples on my penis. They come an go from time to time. But the one I got at the moment is different. He is much bigger and pus-filled. Moreover a clear fluid comes from it. I know what you will say now and your are right. I just returned from the doc. He supposes, like I do, a syphilis. He took a blood sample and want it to be checked for syphilis as well as chlamydia (which is not bad, because I never tested for those diseases) He prescribed me betaisadona salve.

He thinks my test result will be positive and I should start a antibiotic therapy next week, when the results are in. Off course like every ww I am scared to death. I cried the hole night, haven't had food for 3 days. I really got no one to turn to, to speak about these problems. So please forgive entering this forum again.

The doc highly recommends testing after 13 weeks because of my risky behaviour. I allways thought I was not at risk. He said that oral-intercourse still bears a risk. I thought the risk is only theoretical. He explicitly don't rule out the possibility of an HIV-Infection. In addition he stated, that syph often occures together with an HIV-Infection. I just calmed myself down because of the information given by ann, andy and rod.

1. Would you still say I am at no risk and donīt need to test, event though I catched syphilis?
               (Maybe the syphilis-infection increases the viralload of the girl)

2. Does the Infection with Syphlis have any influence of the window period on a HIV-Test     
           3. The doc said, no french kissing to avoid infection of others (even my abscess is on the penis) is that right?
               (Clarification: I mean girls that I kissed in the passed, as well in the (maybe) far future

Fabian  :'(
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 01:18:11 pm by Fabian2006 »

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2008, 11:33:10 am »
1. I still don't see the HIV risk here from what you describe.

2. I don't think that the syphilis result will skew your HIV antibody results.

3.  I don't see how you're in much of a mental frame to be wanting to french kiss anybody anyway right now.  I am not entirely sure about this last part, so I ask that you wait until Ann or another of the experts responds for this.  This is not an area for me to "shoot from the hip" on and tell you something I am not confident about.

/edit:  My hunch (and it is just a hunch) is that the doctor is correct regarding the kissing and possible syphilis transmission.  I believe sometimes syphilis lesions can present in the mouth instead of on the penis.  That is what I was told by my health professional.  If this is incorrect, I'd like to know that as well.  AGAIN:  Hold for additional response because this last part is just my best educated GUESS, and guess work is not what we are about here.  Bear in mind that until all this is confirmed by test results, it could be another ailment altogether.  In any case, I think it wise to put a hold on the french kissing and everything else, for that matter.  Take care of you first./
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 11:41:36 am by thunter34 »
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2008, 01:25:00 pm »
Sort out your symptom concerns on your penis and elsewhere with your doctor. I still don't see yours as an HIV situation. "Theoretical" means something "could happen." But in the real world of HIV nothing you have presented suggests a genuine risk to me, including going down on a woman during menstruation. You're saliva has over 14 inhibitory elements which are very effective in prevention transmission.

Go ahead and test at 13 weeks if you must for your peace of mind. And collect what I expect will be a negative result.
Andy Velez

Offline Fabian2006

Short question: Needle injury with a pinboardpin
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2009, 11:29:42 am »
Hi there,

I just want a short riskassesment on the following situation. Today I hurt my finger with a pin from a pinnboard at the auditorium during posting some picutres. I pricked myself with the needlepin very deeply. It started bleeding immediately. I just grabbed a tissue and thats it.

After that I examined the needle of the pin. There was no visible blood or dirt on it. What makes me a bit nervous is the fact that I dindt know wohl else had this pin in hand before me. In this auditorium many many people go in and out. Maybe the pin lays there for years. I dont know.

What I know for sure is, that no one touched the pin before me for 35 minutes.

Is there any chance that contracted hiv if someone with hiv stabbed himself before me?
Could there anything dangerous (e.g. HIV) get into my body?

A short reply would be great.

Thanx in advance and great x-mas holliday 2 all of you.

Fabian

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
Re: Short question: Needle injury with a pinboardpin
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2009, 11:38:47 am »
Fabian,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread. It doesn't matter how long it has been since you last posted in your thread or if the subject matter is different.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

You have not had a risk for hiv infection. Hiv is a fragile, difficult to transmit virus that is primarily transmitted INSIDE the human body, as in unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse. Hiv cannot be transmitted from objects in the environment, including pins. Once hiv finds itself outside the body, small changes in temperature, and pH and moisture levels all quickly damage the virus and render it unable to infect.

You've been coming to this forum for YEARS now - since pre-2006 when we had a different forum. It's high time you learned this stuff. Perhaps it's time you sought out some professional therapy for what is obviously hiv paranoia. We cannot help you with that here.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. IT REALLY IS THAT SIMPLE!!!!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Fabian2006

kissing & vaginal fluids
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2011, 08:04:42 am »
Hey everyone,

just a few quick questions. A short answer to that is enough.

Do put me the following actvities at risk for an HIV-Infection?

1. Oral blow job without a condom for a few minutes
      2. Rough sexual vaginal intercourse for about an hour

and 3: we both thougt, the condom has broke, lucky us it did not.
     It was only a lot of her vaginal fluids. So we put on another and
     continued. After that she gave me blowjob,
     there was a lot of her vaginal fluid on the rubber.

Afterwards we kissed. Considered the fact, that I penetrated her vagina quite deeply,
is there a way, that the hiv-virus could get from her condom blow job into her mouth and then into mine an infect me?

The good news at last, both condoms were 100% intact and unbroken.

- Any risks there?
- Do I need to test?

An answer would be great
Fabi
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 08:14:59 am by Fabian2006 »

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Re: kissing & vaginal fluids
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2011, 08:21:18 am »
Hey everyone,

just a few quick questions. A short answer to that is enough.

Do put me the following actvities at risk for an HIV-Infection?

1. Oral blow job without a condom for a few minutes
      2. Rough sexual vaginal intercourse for about an hour

and 3: we both thougt, the condom has broke, lucky us it did not.
     It was only a lot of her vaginal fluids. So we put on another and
     continued. After that she gave me blowjob,
     there was a lot of her vaginal fluid on the rubber.

Afterwards we kissed. Considered the fact, that I penetrated her vagina quite deeply,
is there a way, that the hiv-virus could get from her condom blow job into her mouth and then into mine an infect me?

The good news at last, both condoms were 100% intact and unbroken.

- Any risks there?
- Do I need to test?

An answer would be great
Fabi

Well you've provided your own answer, haven't you?

Receiving a blow job, protected or not, is not a risk for HIV infection.

Protected vaginal sex is not a risk for HIV transmission.

You do not need to be tested for HIV.

MtD

Offline Fabian2006

Re: Short question: Needle injury with a pinboardpin
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2011, 01:02:53 pm »
THANKS!!!!

I was only worried because of the vaginal fluids that came into my mouth.

If you Matty consider this as no risk, then I am relieved.
Great to hear that my activities werent risky.

No more answers to this topic needed.
Case closed.

Once again thanks for your patience.
Fabi

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.