Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 10:32:29 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37635
  • Latest: Ranoye
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773156
  • Total Topics: 66328
  • Online Today: 248
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 167
Total: 168

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: If im the first ill write a book !!! :-P  (Read 5915 times)

Offline jojodiablo

If im the first ill write a book !!! :-P
« on: March 12, 2008, 08:08:38 pm »
Hey all,

A few of you may know me from our private converstaions, but this question is to the entire community. A few weeks ago me and my Poz partner doing the dirty so to speak, and well he put out my eye......litterly..... I have yet to get tested as i am not sure of the risk lvl. ( plus it has not hit the 13 week mark) of getting it in your eye....  anyone care to educate. ( and yes i will wear protecive eyeware from now on i guess)

Offline md

Re: If im the first ill write a book !!! :-P
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 10:19:16 pm »
Hmm - I see that you originally posted this in the "Am I Infected Forum" but Andy Velez moved it here  - not sure why since you seem to be asking about the possibility that you might have been infected, but anyway I will l try to address your concerns.

First you really should take a few minutes to read the Lessons section of this web site and, in particular, the section on how HIV is transmitted.

If I understand your question correctly, when you say that your partner "put out your eye" you mean that you got some of his semen in your eye - it really stings doesn't it  :)  - not that he did physical damage to your eyeball resulting in the loss of your eye.  Assuming that is all that happened then you are at no risk for infection.

Provided that you and your partner always use condoms for intercourse there is no reason why you can't have a full sex life without putting you at any risk of infection.

Now please go and read those lessons.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 10:31:01 pm by md »

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2008, 10:29:26 pm »
Actually MD, JoJo originally placed her question in AMI and it was moved here because her partner is HIV positive. Her question properly belongs in this forum.

MtD

Offline md

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2008, 10:36:13 pm »
Yes, I just noticed that and modified my reply accordingly.

I am a little puzzled, however, at why the post belongs here since in this case the poster appears to be asking about their own status.

After all pretty much everyone who posts in the "Am I Infected Forum" at least imagines that their partner was HIV+ ...

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2008, 10:50:05 pm »
AIDSmeds has long provided support for people affected by the virus as well as infected with it. Hence the existence of this forum. As JoJo's partner is HIV positive, she should post here.

It has long been the custom that such members can post there concerns about HIV transmission with their positive partner in the relative privacy of the poz-only forums away from the prying eyes and inappropriate comments of the WWs.

Also AMI is subject to different rules than the poz-only forums.

MtD

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.