Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 10, 2024, 02:23:22 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773100
  • Total Topics: 66327
  • Online Today: 351
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 298
Total: 298

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: URINOTHERAPY  (Read 4932 times)

Offline COSIMO

URINOTHERAPY
« on: August 28, 2007, 04:54:24 pm »
HELLO,

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF YOU HEARD ABOUT URINOTHERAPY AND THE BENEFITS FOR HIV? IS IT OK TO DO THIS THERAPY IF YOU ARE TAKING TRIZIVIR? SORRY ABOUT MY ENGLISH AND THANK YOU.

Dan J.

Re: URINOTHERAPY
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2007, 05:27:33 pm »
Posting in all capital letters is considered shouting. &  I doubt you will find many forum members here who take much stock in this type of alternative medicine. Maybe if you shared more information about why you are considering such a treatment & a little back ground on exactly what Urinotherapy is. I looked it up on Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urine_therapy. Just from reading the first paragraph I would have to say no, this would be of no benefit to HIV treatment.

Offline Cerrid

• only as good as your last haircut
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2007, 05:57:44 pm »
I like to play and pee with my buddy, but only for recreational purposes, not for therapeutic ones. No problems so far (provided we're out of the asparagus season).
"Boredom is always counterrevolutionary. Always." (Guy Debord)

Offline Merlin

• As My WILL, So MOTE It Be !
Re: Urine Therapy (UT)
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2007, 10:43:56 pm »
Cosmo:

UT is an unconventional alternative treatment. One basic rule in UT is that u cannot use allopathic medications and practise UT as it would be toxic. It advocates a preferable vegetarian diet regiment leading to the course and no smoking and alcohol is recommended too. What comes out is from what went in, so if u consume a less than healthy diet, the treatment will not be ideal.

Although there are no concrete clinical studies done to support or refute its efficacy, this practice is very common in mostly older Asia. If u google it, u can find many resources written about his ancient method of alternative healing, prevalent in India, China and Japan. It is still practised today as an alternative process.

I have practised UT for 2 years now, though not diligently and I have no issues with it. I'm not on medications yet. It proved an effective enema tool for me when I almost went under the knife to remove a fistula that bugged me for 4 years. After trying UT enemas for 2-3 weeks, the swelling diminished alot for the first time. I was truly astonished but glad. I'm not sure if it was a coincidence or remedy but like I said, I have no issues with this practice. To each his own. I cannot claim my big drop in VL was due to this cos I was on alot supplements as well, so I just keep at what is helping me stay healthy.

Hope this info helps.

Peace and Blessed Be! :)

Michael

I'll leave Hatred to those not strong enough to Love.

+++

Believe & The Power Of The Mind Transforms.
Make It Happen...

+++

I blame them for nothing.
I forgive them for everything.

---->> Mary J. Blige on dysfuctional parents

Offline COSIMO

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2007, 01:31:53 pm »
THANK YOU DAN J, THANK YOU CERRID

Offline COSIMO

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2007, 01:33:15 pm »
HEY MERLIN,

ITīS NICE TO KNOW THERE IS SOMEONE WITH A BRAIN OUTSIDE THERE. YOUR INFORMATION WAS VERY USEFUL.

Offline Merlin

• As My WILL, So MOTE It Be !
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2007, 01:51:13 pm »
U r most welcome Cosimo. There are a few good books on UT. Type "Urine Therapy" on the search at Amazon and a list of great books will appear. If u do decide to get any books (other subject titles), checkout using the Aidsmed link. They have a tie up with Amazon where some proceeds are donated to Aidsmed for every purchase done thru Aidsmed mode.

Good Luck and stay well.

Blessed Be!
I'll leave Hatred to those not strong enough to Love.

+++

Believe & The Power Of The Mind Transforms.
Make It Happen...

+++

I blame them for nothing.
I forgive them for everything.

---->> Mary J. Blige on dysfuctional parents

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.