Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 30, 2024, 02:18:49 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772965
  • Total Topics: 66312
  • Online Today: 178
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 135
Total: 135

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Accepting your status  (Read 4286 times)

Offline Almost2late

Accepting your status
« on: January 25, 2021, 03:14:00 am »
I recently ran into this YouTube video about accepting your status and I think it really has helped me deal with some of my own issues.

Now I've known my status for close to 7 years, and another 13 years without knowing, 20 total poz years.

I've struggled a lot and I've made some progress too, coming to terms with the virus but still haven't been able to get my self esteem back to what it was prior to my diagnosis.

Listening to this young woman has made me understand my own fears and how important it is to feel comfortable and confident about myself, HIV and all. I'm still working on it.

Anyways, this may help the newly diagnosed as well as the not so new with relationships.

Diana Koss : https://youtu.be/C9spExrLtfc

Offline CR2016

Re: Accepting your status
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2021, 11:23:26 am »
Thanks Almost2late; many others poz may probably learn how to accept easier when watching this video. We (not only me) feel proud about how others POZ get a good actitude facing living wit HIV.
Never stop smiling  ;)

Offline Tonny2

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2021, 08:21:53 am »

ojo.        Hi almist2late, thanks for sharing the video...hugs

Offline initforlife

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2021, 11:28:04 pm »
 :-* :-* :-*  Hi almost been awhile. Glad to see you are still around!
sometimes it is best to say nothing at all. then to offend

Offline Almost2late

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2021, 02:38:54 am »
Thanks Almost2late; many others poz may probably learn how to accept easier when watching this video. We (not only me) feel proud about how others POZ get a good actitude facing living wit HIV.
Never stop smiling  ;)

She does have a positive effect doesn't she. Maybe it is the smile. Thanks CR2016, we could all use encouragement.

ALWAYS A PLEASURE TONNY, YOU'VE ALWAYS INSPIRED GOOD VIBES HERE.. HUGS🤗

Ditto sweet Init ♥️, good to see you around too  :-*  :-*  :-*

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.