Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 12:42:17 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37649
  • Latest: MSB92
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773265
  • Total Topics: 66346
  • Online Today: 361
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 302
Total: 303

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Help posting pictures  (Read 1996 times)

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
Help posting pictures
« on: October 26, 2009, 11:09:49 am »
I need some help posting pictures in my posts and would appreciate it if someone could tell me the maximum size of a picture.  Also, any referrals to information on how to do it would be greatly appreciated.  I've read the help, but I'm still confused.

Thanks

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
Re: Help posting pictures
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2009, 11:36:08 am »
to insert a pix from the net into a post:
click the Insert Image icon, which is the second icon above the row of smileys
that will insert (img)(/img) into your post (but with brackets instead or parantheses)
put the url of the picture between those two tags
ie (img)http://forums.poz.com/Smileys/default/wink.gif(/img) using brackets not parantheses
shows up as

which is not how the URL insert is done. ::)
for that inbetween the (url)(/url) tags, put the words you would like to have visible and the actual url is put into the first tag
ie (url=http://reigningpages.com/leatherman)my personal blog(/url) using brackets not parantheses
shows as my personal blog

to just add a picture to your post from your hard drive, click Additional Options, just under the text box where you type in your post, click the browse button, and browse to where the picture is located on your hard drive

and now that I'm thinking about all this, it means that you cannot insert a pix from you hard drive into the middle of your post as you could with a pix from the net. Pix on your computer are attached to the end of your post, while pix on the net can be inserted anywhere.
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2009, 11:48:17 am »
oh, and i don't know about the sizes per se ;) but ....

I would imagine that the attached pix do have a limit as those would be uploaded and kept on the forums.poz.com server. However the inserted URL pix are stored elsewhere on the net and technically, it shouldn't matter about their size.

two caveats to all this
1) of course some people might still have dial-up, so pix size will be a factor to them.
2) plus the more pictures you insert on a page the more your viewers will have to download whether they have dialup or broadband.

So inserting 20 pictures from around the net won't put a hit on the forums server; but it is still going to take a while to load the page for anyone that views the thread ;)
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2009, 12:02:25 pm »
Hey Mikie,

Thanks for the primer on inserting pictures.  I knew it was not that hard, but I'm new to all the multi-media aspects of websites and without directions, all my pictures would probably end upside down.

edited to add: I have pictures in an email that I want to save, so I can post them.  What program do you recommend I use, to copy the pictures into, for cropping and saving?

edited to add: Photoshop works, so I'm good.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 12:30:05 pm by killfoile »

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2009, 12:40:19 pm »
edited to add: Photoshop works, so I'm good.
I was going to say that you probably already have software on your computer that'll handle clearing red-eye, cropping, resizing (which is always good since so many digital camers take such huge pix anymore. it's usually good to resize them by 50% or more before posting them or even sending them out in emails ;) ), etc. There are so many programs that do that stuff.  ::)  Back in the dawn of computer time, I started using Paint Shop Pro and have loved it ever since, though most of the world swears by photoshop.  :D same ideas, same tools, just a diiferent company getting the $$$. LOL

all my pictures would probably end upside down.
:D  ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]
leatherman (aka Michael)

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.