Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 01:07:52 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37639
  • Latest: Glassxj
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773168
  • Total Topics: 66331
  • Online Today: 230
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 168
Total: 168

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Body Fat Question (& theory)  (Read 6934 times)

Offline TheRoof

Body Fat Question (& theory)
« on: August 25, 2012, 12:57:58 am »
It has long been said that the human body does not get rid of fat cells. (They simply shrink when you lose weight.)  So when you gain body fat and then lose it. You gain fat cells, but they never disappear.  Those fat cells  are with you for the rest of your life. (Unless you get liposuction to physically remove them. They say that is the only way) 
They say people who lose the weight have an extremely difficult time maintaing their new skinny weight. Than people who were always skinny.
http://medicinesimplyput.com/fat-cells-never-go-away/

I have some fat like everyone else.  but it is concentrated in the worst area anyone wants (Man or woman) the belly fat, lower back fat area. - That area is the worst place to store fat  because it causes diabetes latter on. Which is why I want to maintain my diet (Which is very clean).  When I lose weight. I never lose fat from that area. (Ever)  (But I can lose fat everywhere else. Like hip area. shoulders. ) but never lower stomach or lower back fat . ( I am 160 pounds at a 6'1 frame. )

My question is/theory is... Fat (Adiptose tissue) is extra energy.  If fat is supposed to be broken down into energy ... adiptose tissue INTO glucose and used by the body. Why does the fat cell # not change if glycogenesis occurs? (They say muscle is the first thing to be used? Here is the assumption. If you stuck to a mostly protein diet. No carbs & took all of the vitamins.)  Why does the fat % stay the same.

I asked my doctor this question. He could not answer this. Anyone who is familiar with the medical field specifically this. Can you possibly help me with this?

http://www.elmhurst.edu/~chm/vchembook/604glycogenesis.html

Offline weasel

Re: Body Fat Question (& theory)
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 09:42:38 pm »

I have been on a  new food plan .

Most of my belly is gone  :)

So is the fat on my face :(

That is all ,
                                                              Weasel
" Live and let Live "

Offline jcelvis

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2012, 10:32:29 pm »
Pennington Labs in baton rouge, la is a medical lab that does weight loss studies and well being studies. You can contact someone there and they may assist you in your answer

http://www.pbrc.edu/news/

Also, place where you put on fat first are generally where you lose fat last. It's not a first in - first out process. You may store fat primarily in the lower stomach, but you may take fat from your face off first. Plus there is yellow fat and brown fat. Yellow fat is easier to metabolize than brown fat.
Change the way you view the world, and the world around you changes.

Offline elf

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2012, 12:43:12 pm »
it's easy to lose belly fat (jog every day...at least 10 miles)...
the face fat is difficult to lose  :-[
I would like to lose some face fat because I'm sick of my babyface look  :(

Offline elf

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2012, 12:56:16 pm »
  If fat is supposed to be broken down into energy ... adiptose tissue INTO glucose and used by the body.

Nope, less than 1% of adipose tissue is made (back) into glucose.

The body gets the energy from the fat tissue through the process of beta-oxidation.

When people starve, the body uses ketone bodies acetoacetate and β-hydroxybutyrate for energy.

It's how the ketogenic diet works.

And paradoxically, you can lose more weight /fat tissue if you're on a ketogenic diet, than on any other diet, because you ''train'' your enzymes to burn the fat more efficiently.

Ketogenic diet does not necessarily mean: an unhealthy diet, if you eat mostly fatty fish, almonds, walnuts, olives, olive oil, you can get healthy fat sources and great energy sources for a ketogenic diet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ketosis

A cyclic ketogenic diet worked best for me:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyclic_ketogenic_diet

Everyone's different, but in my case, low carb, low fat diet made me gain more pounds/fat...The cyclic ketogenic diet works/worked the best for me, and I lost 40 pounds in a year (I didn't work out, but I went jogging, every day, for 10 miles)...
I ate not more than 100g of carbs (and used beans as my main carb source)...
Normally, people say you shouldn't eat more than 60g of carbs on a ketogenic diet, but the normal ketogenic diet does not include jogging/running; 60g of carbs
was just too low for me to go jogging every day. ;) It was slow and almost painful.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 01:08:00 pm by elf »

Offline keat85

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2012, 01:33:04 pm »
It has long been said that one's human system does not get rid of fat tissues. So when you obtain human extra fat and then reduce it. You obtain fat tissues, but they never vanish.  Those fat tissues  are with you for the rest of your life.   
They say individuals who excess body weight have an extremely hard time maintaing their new thin bodyweight. Than individuals who were always thin.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.