Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:06:44 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 391
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 348
Total: 349

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Requesting lab results  (Read 4651 times)

Offline Niceguy2013

Requesting lab results
« on: October 12, 2013, 09:28:37 pm »
Would my doctor have a problem providing me with a printed copy of my past year if lab results? I'd like to use the aidsmeds.com 'Graph My Results' tool too keep track of my progress.

http://www.aidsmeds.com/graphs/

I have a follow up appointment on Monday and was going to ask for it.

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
Re: Requesting lab results
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2013, 11:06:56 pm »
Hi,..

There shouldn't be any problem with asking for a copy of your lab results !  This is part of your medical file and you are entitled to it.

I never had any issues, with getting a copy of lab results, and any part of my medical history.

I would have a real problem with a doctor, that would refuse to give me a copy of my lab results.

Go ahead and ask for these results, each time they become available.

He may charge a small fee, for a years worth of results. ( but not always )

Also,  his office help, will most likely be the ones that will give you those copies, so if they are busy, you may not get them that same day..

Ray
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 11:12:14 pm by J.R.E. »
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline buginme2

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2013, 12:53:12 am »
Does your doctor/clinic/medical center have online access? 
Don't be fancy, just get dancey

Offline Niceguy2013

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2013, 08:21:59 am »
Thanks guys.

This will only be the 4th set of labs for me. I was diagnosed in December. Labs done at the end of Jan, March, June, and September. He has shown me the results on his laptop and they appear to be on a single page.

I will ask if I can get copies tomorrow. I think I'm smart enough to figure out what most of the numbers on it are... If I use google anyways.

I'm covered under Ryan White now so I don't think there will be a charge. I'll post again after tomorrow.

Offline Niceguy2013

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2013, 08:23:41 am »

Not that I'm aware of, but I'll ask.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2013, 08:27:50 am »
I don't know if its the same in all states but where I live if you are on medicaid they will not release your medical records directly to you . They will let you sign for them to be sent to another medical provider . I am not sure it that pertains to something as simple as labs though .

I asked a few years ago for my records and was denied because I was on medicaid .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline Niceguy2013

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2013, 09:13:02 am »
I'm not on Medicaid. I didn't have insurance at all when I was diagnosed and was referred to a doctor who could set me up with RW assistance. I was very lucky.

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2013, 11:07:48 am »

:)  That was going to be my next question. So make sure to ask your doctor this. If so, all you need to do is create a user name and password, and you will have all this info at your fingertips.

Let us know how you do tomorrow.

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Niceguy2013

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2013, 03:06:29 pm »
My doctor was great and printed out all my labs for me. He even said it was great that I was actively participating in my treatment.

My cd4 has gone from 210-300-508-635-555.
CD4 %  started at 23% and has climbed every pull to the latest of 35%.
VL still undetectable and liver and kidney function are great.

Thanks again for everyone's help.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 03:09:00 pm by Niceguy2013 »

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2013, 06:38:45 pm »
My doctor was great and printed out all my labs for me. He even said it was great that I was actively participating in my treatment.

Glad to hear that !!  8)

Ray  8)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.