Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:23:26 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773300
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 730
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 666
Total: 667

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Trials and Tribulations of an Old Poz Queen  (Read 540656 times)

Offline rondrond

• 22 years HIV+ yet a yard could be the death of me
Re: Trials and Tribulations of an Old Poz Queen
« Reply #750 on: November 18, 2008, 03:07:45 am »
Saw Dr D today. she confirmed that my INR tests showed that I have been in therapeutic range 2.0-3.0 even at the time that I threw the new blood clot. She also stated that HIV was a contributing factor to blood clots, and it should be taken into consideration, especially being HIV 16 years.

I am to take the GEMFIBROZIL/600mgs/2X. and then come in on Friday to have my INR checked as it shows to be a potentiate for coumadin and I don't want to bleed to death. We sill make adjustments to my dosage depending on how it affects my INR.

I have a rash on my shoulder, back and across my chest. (good thing I have no need to remove my clothes in company  :-\) She prescribed an antibacterial soap, which I am only to use three days a week as it will dry out the skin. Also some kind of tube that I can 'dab' on spots on my face. (I feel like I am going through puberty again with my complexion)

Returning home, I tackled the closet again, and went through boxes of paperwork from 1997-2000. I sure did do a lot, and looking at past IRS Returns, made a lot.

More memories. Especially in the box that I used when:..."Ronnie, you are being laid off, please clean out your desk".....I have tape dispensers, staplers, calculators, pens out the wazoo,

I found a 'toy' metal plane with Continental Airlines on it's side....(it used to sit on my computer)...my name plate, birthday cards for being the "Best Boss"......a credit card that they used to deposit bonuses....(I wonder if there is anything left in it's balance?).....

...and I'm back....I bent over to reach a box of pictures, and....

had to change my pants  >:(    again  :-\

"I'm not done yet"....Glen Campbell

"I may not be exactly where I want to be, but I sure as Hell am not where I was"
Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

04jul07/DVT-right leg/Bi Lateral PE's     
16oct08/DVT-left leg
Aug09 Diagnosed: COPD

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline rondrond

« Reply #751 on: November 23, 2008, 01:49:24 am »
I have finished clearing the kitchen table. What a walk down memory lane.

I have finally started on the basement. I cleared the doorway and into half of the front room. I made paths into the other two rooms. I cannot believe it. Where did all this stuff come from?

I came up and glared at Katie. "What??"

I got on her for letting the boys store all this stuff down there and now they never want to see it again.

Granted, there is some down there not related to the boys, but the majority is. Daniel will be here on Wednesday. He is working some construction site in Oklahoma. If he doesn't disappear, I will be using some of his muscle.

I cleaned and decorated the dining room for Thanksgiving and have put the tree up, it's not decorated yet as I have to clear some mystery piles from the room the decorations are stored in. And, of course, it's now getting cold and who wants to work down in a cold, dusty basement?

I bought some of this clear acrylic caulking stuff for my bedroom windows. This is going to be interesting as I have never caulked before.

Mom and Katie are amazed at my lack of 'handy man' knowledge, but I just retort..."Hey, I've always lived in an apartment or condo where when things go wrong you pick up the phone and call 'main-ten-ance'....

My face is breaking out horribly and I wonder if this stuff the doc gave me is working, or if they are so bad that they would look worse without this tube of stuff that has a ball on the end of it (like those old ban roll on deodorant bottles) and smells just like rubbing alcohol.

It must be the stress of the Holidays and upcoming court date Dec2.

I found a small utility cart in the basement that I hauled up to my bedroom and I plan on using it to put my CPAP machine on. Katie has a new CPAP machine, so I am going to use her old one, I just have to find a mask and then get the machine 'set' ? to the correct setting for me, and then I will be ready for that adventure....and Katie states that she has another mask, so now just need the setting of the machine. Well, that worked itself out without any effort on my part... :-\

I have been taking that new triglyceride pill for a week now. I have been in a fog all week and had severe diaherrea...I was pooping my pants at least twice a day....I had to sit on a folded towel so I wouldn't soil the furniture....

I must be adjusted now as I now can make it to the toilet w/o soiling myself and the fog seems to have lifted. My energy level comes and goes. I awake and get going like the energizer bunny. It doesn't last. My batteries must be old and can't hold the charge.

After about 2 hours, I have had it and have to lie down. If I don't, and push through the tiredness to complete a task, it takes two days of bed rest to recover.

If I take it easy, and do a little here, and a little there, I can eventually get something done, but don't need to sleep for two days afterwards.

I have graduated in my cardio from 3 lb hand weights to 5 lb. At least, I think, one of them is close to 5lb as they are very old and made of hard plastic with some kind of pellets in them and one was dropped once and has a teenytiny crack and whatever it is filled with will come out a drop at a time....usually on my face...

*****Hey, Secret Santa.....ronnie needs some of those 5lb hand weights that are made of this metal with no fillers....******

I am getting some shape to my biceps, half sit ups, and I need something to do for my pecs so they 'square up' and don't look like 'titties'    :D I can do 8 pushups (sissy style) and 8 leg lifts, which doc says not to overdo this exercising as too much can break a clot loose...so I am just to do the hand weights....no free weights....

All in all, my body is looking better and my clothes fit better. I'll never be body beautiful again, but I can be body nice....just in time for the Holidays. :D
« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 01:52:23 am by rondrond »

"I may not be exactly where I want to be, but I sure as Hell am not where I was"
Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline bear60

« Reply #752 on: November 24, 2008, 08:22:04 am »
Let me take this opportunity to wish both you and Katie a very Happy Thanksgiving. I have enjoyed your words and cried along with you this year and I guess I am glad to have made it to this point.  The year is almost over!
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline rondrond

« Reply #753 on: November 26, 2008, 01:15:32 am »
Let me take this opportunity to wish both you and Katie a very Happy Thanksgiving. I have enjoyed your words and cried along with you this year and I guess I am glad to have made it to this point.  The year is almost over!

Thank you Joel, and the same for you and Kurt.

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline rondrond

« Reply #754 on: November 26, 2008, 01:45:56 am »
Katie had an appointment this morning to have her INR checked. I got her up and she got ready while I rolled the trash bins to the curb.

...then I sat down in the recliner... it was @ 9am.

I awoke @ 4pm......MITS was at the curb delivering Katie. ?? ....

Apparently, while loading onto MITS her control...lost control and she ran over her foot and crushed her leg.....MITS driver called an ambulance.

Two ambulances and a fire truck showed up. Katie refused to get in the ambulance and MITS had to take her to the hospital.

I was asleep in the recliner through the whole episode ...right outside the front window I was snoring in front of.

Katie knew I was asleep and that there was nothing I could do as there is no ramp on my truck for the electric chair and she knew that I would make her take the ambulance, which, she did not want to do as she would not have her chair when she was dismissed.

She was in a lot of pain. they took XrayS and and an MRI and the MRI not only showed a fracture running along the side of ther leg, it showed a previous fracture.....

Katie has hurt herself before and her fear of hospitals has been a major problem as she knows that I will throw her in the truck if I have to....

It has been a very quiet dinner and evening.

I am too mad to be mad.....sort of like the angry feelings have canceled the angry actions (shouting, yelling, etc..) So I have been just ..non-comiital....

I have carried about 25 boxes of Christmas decorations from the basement and worked up a good sweat. They are stacked in the garage and will start decorating the house after Thanksgiving.

I wasn't going to do the 'whole enchilada' but we got a phone call and 5 year old McKayla was talking with this tense, excited voice and about to burst and couldn't wait for Christmas...

...and she knows and remembers everything...the nutcrackers and snow globes, music boxes,  and all the ornaments that the boys made when they were little and ....so...

.... with her voice in my head, there I was getting out everything...Christmas is for children.....but, children show adults how to keep Christmas alive ..just after I had made up my mind not to participate....

So, here's to McKayla, Destin, Aiden and the unborn girl in Chera's womb...due in March.....

weird...Daniel and Dewayne...twins...yet Dewayne fathered two girls and Daniel fathered two boys...

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
« Reply #755 on: November 26, 2008, 10:39:02 am »

Apparently, while loading onto MITS her control...lost control and she ran over her foot and crushed her leg.....MITS driver called an ambulance.

Two ambulances and a fire truck showed up. Katie refused to get in the ambulance and MITS had to take her to the hospital.

You and Katie may want to speak to a lawyer about MIT's negligents causing injuries to her leg? I'm sure you can net a huge-chunk-of-money.........for pain & suffering and injuries...something the both of you can use, I'm sure  ???
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #756 on: November 26, 2008, 01:45:16 pm »
Sorry to hear about your sister , hope she feels better soon .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline rondrond

« Reply #757 on: November 28, 2008, 09:31:46 am »
We made it through Thanksgiving alright. I had made the declaration that I was not cooking for an army this year. Put vegetables in the crock pot and stuck a chicken on top for 4 hours. It was falling off the bone, just delicious. Made Chicken and Rice.

Then, Robert surprised us by coming over with food from their Turkey Feast so will have Turkey today.

Daniel stayed in Oklahoma. He doesn't have a car and is at the mercy of Fort Worth bound travelers...to and fro.

There is a rumor in the wind that Mom might be buying a new, smaller vehicle after the 1st. She is driving a Yukon, and then there is JW's Ford 250. Just a rumor, but she might give me either one and trade in the other. If so, then I will give Daniel my Ford Ranger.

If Dec 2nd doesn't come and go pretty soon, I will probably explode. I am so ready to start my life from whatever direction this day brings.

It's cold and raining today. I was going to put up the outside lights. now, I'm going to snuggle in the recliner under a blanket. Watched TV, Hallmark Channel all day yesterday and cried my eyes out. Everything I watch here lately. there is something in every story line that makes me cry.

Good thing I was baking cookies and had to keep getting up and running to the oven.

I will not be shopping today. I have already done my shopping online. Enjoy your day today.

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #758 on: November 29, 2008, 10:31:50 pm »
Sorry to hear about Katie.

The chicken sounded good, glad you had a nice Thanksgiving.

Good Luck on the 2nd!
Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important

The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.

Offline rondrond

« Reply #759 on: December 03, 2008, 06:40:27 am »
I had my 'day in court' and I don't feel any better now than before as the Judge apparently has to ruminate and hopefully seek advice from others. He will mail the decision in 30-60 days.

Mom and I arrived early, as requested. But we sat waiting as the case before me came in late. This put the judge in a bad mood. Then she shouted at the judge. This put him in an even more bad mood.

Then it was my turn. My attorney had already warned me not to shout at the judge. ....as if....

I have been having a problem lately with my speech. I stop in mid sentence and don't continue. I have been bugging the Doc about it now and then as in my world, as I know it, Blood clots follow the blood flow from the leg, abdomen, heart, lungs and brain.

I have never had anything kind of test done to see if mine stopped at the lungs. They say I don't exhibit any signs of a stroke. (It must be an expensive test is all I can think)

I get out of breath easily, and then start having speech difficulties when in a stressful situation. Sitting there in front of an angry judge, I was stressed.

I answered his questions truthfully and fully (you know I have diaherrea of the mouth) and after 20 minutes it was over. 1 year and 5 months of waiting, over in 20 minutes.

Mom and I met with my attorney in a small office and peppered him with...."Well?"

He stated that it was probably 50/50. The reason he gave was that I had made two contradictory statements.

1) re:Sleep He asked how my sleeping was. I stated that I didn't sleep. then. I stated that I slept in short naps. Then I stated that I slept all the time. (CONTRADICTION)

What I had been trying to say was that I waas in a fog all the time. I would wake up and not know what time it was, what day it was, or where I was. That I did not know If I was asleep, as I had usually passed out, that I couldn't sleep when I wanted to...just lay there, but I couldn't get those words out as I started stuttering, and couldn't speak.

2) re: Depression/Anxiety Dr B has been my doctor for 30 years. I stopped going to him last year when I had no insurance and no income. He did send in a report. In his report, he stated that I had depression and anxiety. I did not know this. When the judge asked if I was being treate for depression, I stated that I had never discussed depression with a doctor. (CONTRADICTION) Even though I was telling the truth, as I had stopped seeing Dr B before we could have that discussion, you are apparently not allowed to clarify once the judge moves on.

Attorney states that all doctor reports and the Vocational/Rehabilitation expert all reported that they considered me disabled and not able to work. HOWEVER, the judge, being in his mood, might not take my credibility seriously and ignore those reports.

Then again, he states that he is not the judge, that he doesn't know what he is thinking and that he can only make a guess from previous experiences with said judge.

POSSIBLY, I might be denied and have to appeal. In the meantime, I am supposed to address this depression and anxiety with my current doc as he states that 'mental' is a good thing, and can always be added to my file, if needed.

Attorney states that he agrees with Dr B on the anxiety as he had been impressed by my demeanor when we met and had talked, and had been shocked when I couldn't even finish a sentence. In his, non-medical opinion, that is a sign of depression/anxiety.

I, of course, don't think there is a thing wrong with me. I should be expected to have a level of depression that I think that I have been handling pretty well.

sigh....another one bites the dust...
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 06:48:57 am by rondrond »

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline denb45

« Reply #760 on: December 03, 2008, 10:53:16 am »
Attorney states that all doctor reports and the Vocational/Rehabilitation expert all reported that they considered me disabled and not able to work. HOWEVER, the judge, being in his mood, might not take my credibility seriously and ignore those reports.

if this is a documented fact, then I wouldn't worry too much about the outcome, I think you already know
what that is  ;D facts are facts, and the mood of this so called judge, really makes NO difference in what the outcome will be  ;D
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 10:57:15 am by denb45 »
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline TucsonPaolo

• How Paolo lives with HIV
« Reply #761 on: December 03, 2008, 11:00:31 am »
Queen, there is a lot of really good advice here from a lot of good people.  Until last week, when I was fired for standing up for an HIV positive client, I was a poz guy working in the system as a counselor.  Many times my clients would arrive scared and angry because of a bill they had gotten.  The last one was for 750.00 and he had no income at all while filing for SSI.  I looked over the bill and did something I've done before and worked.  I had him write across the bill in large red letters, "I cannot afford to pay this bill."  Then he sent it in and in a week he got a call saying the charge for his colon scan was dismissed.  He called me so excited instead of worry and anxiety both could have cause him a relapse.  If the client had gotten an new bill, I would have written a letter letting the provider know his current situation and requesting that they drop the charge.   You can't get blood from a turnip.  Having a good case manager or counselor is key, having one that is assertive is a blessing.
Paolo
Some die that the may have hope, some because they have none.
Paolo Presa

Offline rondrond

« Reply #762 on: December 04, 2008, 10:38:58 am »

if this is a documented fact, then I wouldn't worry too much about the outcome, I think you already know
what that is  ;D facts are facts, and the mood of this so called judge, really makes NO difference in what the outcome will be  ;D

Thanks for the encouragement Dennis.

*more from the cheering section, please* :D

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline rondrond

« Reply #763 on: December 04, 2008, 11:22:52 am »
Queen, there is a lot of really good advice here from a lot of good people.  Until last week, when I was fired for standing up for an HIV positive client, I was a poz guy working in the system as a counselor.  Many times my clients would arrive scared and angry because of a bill they had gotten.  The last one was for 750.00 and he had no income at all while filing for SSI.  I looked over the bill and did something I've done before and worked.  I had him write across the bill in large red letters, "I cannot afford to pay this bill."  Then he sent it in and in a week he got a call saying the charge for his colon scan was dismissed.  He called me so excited instead of worry and anxiety both could have cause him a relapse.  If the client had gotten an new bill, I would have written a letter letting the provider know his current situation and requesting that they drop the charge.   You can't get blood from a turnip.  Having a good case manager or counselor is key, having one that is assertive is a blessing.
Paolo

Paolo,
Thank you. I'm sorry you lost your job.
I have the support of Dr B and Dr D. They've got my back and my caseworker, Paula ...she is better than a sister. I feel like a chick and she is the mother hen sometimes.

I will admit that I was kind of knocked for a loop about this depression/anxiety issue. I have already made an appointment with Dr D to discuss it. It is really a gray area for me, and not something I am looking forward to. I mean, how do they know? Is there a scan done that displays a flashing alert....**depressed*****anxious*** lock the door and don't let him out***

ronnie

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #764 on: December 05, 2008, 08:09:51 pm »
Rondrond,
I will be cheering for you too. I really hope that the judges mood has no bearing on your case.  They really should take in account how nervous people are to stand in front of them.  Thankfully, I didn't have to go in front of a judge for my disability but for child custody and it is very nerve-wracking.  I really hope things go in your favor and you get good news for the new year, along with a nice fat retro check! As far as the depression/anxiety goes, I am not sure how they figure that out especially if it is someone you just met?
Good Luck with everything!
Snow
Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important

The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.

Offline rondrond

« Reply #765 on: December 06, 2008, 09:36:53 am »
Thank you Snow....I will just have to find out more when I see Dr D on Wednesday.

It is Friday. 4am. I am awake. So, I decide it's time and put some tea on. Celestial Seasonings, Black Tea. (I like their spice Teas also) Opened the garage and face the wall of boxes. I start hauling them into the dining room as I am looking for the ball ornaments. ( I always put them on first). I get started and sip tea and after about an hour, my back and legs are starting their familiar chorus of ....ouch, ouch ouch....ouch ouch ouch......ouch ouch....ouchouchouch(sung to jingle bells.. canine version.. ) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFTXK1QDoYY

It took me 10 hours of standing, bending, reaching, sitting in computer chair with wheels rolling from side to side (chair wheels don't know roll very well on carpet...but it beat standing) and numerous breaks. ... but the tree is done....

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/2135/193797863787757778gp6.jpg

http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/2820/193797864384045732mx4.jpg

Phone call from Bubba, in Oklahoma. Daniel is in the hospital. The driver of the work van he was in, fell asleep behind the wheel. Came to, freaked, lost control, and rolled the van. They are all in the hospital.

Daniel is being  'bubba' and states that his injuries are 'nothing' but a few scratches and bruises....

.plus, maybe a fractured hip...@@...

After decorating the tree, I sat in the recliner and laid it out flat to stretch my aching back. Everytime I moved..ouch..

So then, Katie's voice comes filtering in through my pains and she is calling for help. She was trapped between the toilet and her chair. Moved the chair back and she went all the way to the floor. This is not a good thing, as I can't get her off the floor by myself and Robert and Dewayne are at work.

Call Robert and Dewayne anyay, and they can be here in about, maybe 2-4 hours. There are all these grab bars all over the wall and I am convinced that Katie can grab and pull herself up while I maneuver the chair to her backside. She won;t even try..."no, it's not happening"

Then Katie remembers she has 'Life Alert' (I've fallen and I can't get up) So she pushes the button. The machine makes a loud, continous noise and finally winds down. Eventually, a voice comes on....'Ms S do you need help?"

So Katie explains her situation and they say....nothing??....Katie is like "Hello?  Hello?"

Push the button again. Another long, loud interlude. Eventually, a voice comes on and states that help is on the way.

I open the living room blinds and play lookout and evntually the Fire Truck goes by. They overhsot our address by two houses, parked in the middle of the street and a line of platoon...err....firemen, carrying bags of medical equipment for various emergencies march down the road back to our house where...

I am standing on the porch,...along with every neighbor in sight.....and there are five of them and then comes a lot of 'headology' as everyone has ideas...me, the five men and Katie.... on how to get this overwieght woman off the floor.

Katie is a director/manager. She loves to give orders and wasn't listening to any one but herself. She was really being a Debbie Downer, discarding any and all ideas to get her off the floor..favorite phrase of the day.."no, it's not happening"

I have a furniture dolly in the garage, that we used once. Had her roll one way, put one end under her and the roll the other way and then she was siting on this furniture dolly (it's flat, carpeted, on wheels and looks like a sled)....then you pick up each end and hoist her up to the bed.

Unfortunately, it was not mentioned that said dolly with occupant should be up against the bed, and not halfway across the room....up she went and down she went as they figured that one out.

So, Katie gets on the bed, laying back and grabbing the trapeze bar to pull herself onto the bed. Here's where I go into....why couldn't you have done that over there with the grab bars?...you have the upper strength....

...and that was our first time to use Life Alert. ..now we know...and a great big Thank You, for the  Fort Worth Fire Department.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 09:38:25 am by rondrond »

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline AndyArrow

« Reply #766 on: December 10, 2008, 03:25:44 am »
I'm sorry to hear that Katie is being ... well Katie, but I wanted to tell you the tree looks great.  Remember we must suffer for beauty!

AA  :D
It is not the arrival that matters.  It is the journey along the way. -- Michel Montaigne

Offline rondrond

« Reply #767 on: December 12, 2008, 11:53:30 am »
I'm sorry to hear that Katie is being ... well Katie, but I wanted to tell you the tree looks great.  Remember we must suffer for beauty!

AA  :D

Thank you Andy. It wore me out. I couldn't get out of the recliner for two days and finally broke down and took a pain pill as my back and legs refused to function for awhile there.

Yes, I remember...the sacrifices we make for beauty.

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline rondrond

« Reply #768 on: December 12, 2008, 12:27:28 pm »

I sort of lost myself for awhile there after my 'Day in Court' I was really not knowing what to do after hearing about Dr B's diagnosis of depression and anxiety. I could hardly wait for wednesday when I would discuss it with Dr D.

While waiting, we finally heard that Daniel is ok from the accident. He was in the back of the van and when it rolled he said he just held on as all the windows were breaking and his life flashed before his eyes as the van just seemed to keep rolling forever.

Then after a phone call from the hospital in Oklahoma, I found out other things. The van was not a company work van so not covered by insurance. The hospital expects him to pay for his treatment there. It cannot be paid for by the driver of the van as he was an illegal alien and had just bought the van from a friend....

no insurance, no green card = no driver...he has already left town before immigration took him...

great.... >:(

We are grateful that he is alive and no serious damage. We will just have to handle this hospital bill.....my plan of action is that I will never answer the phone when caller ID shos that hospitals name. :D

Then Katie's control fell off the chair and had to be taped back on....I had to dig through the garage to find the tape.....her new chair has been ordered...it has been months...where is it? >:(

Then there was the Fire Dept incident and I have been having hot flashes and my head has been feeling like it is going to explode. I have been VERY irritable and...

gave Katie a good chewing out the other day and not really quite sure what for...

I have apologized and we are good...

Finally Dr D......she doesn't think that I am depressed but does think that I have a lot of stress going on and that after I get the verdict from this judge that I will settle down...

If not, there is the option to see a psychiatrist or psychologist or ...I never know whos who....I really don't trust them and am afraid of being put on another pill....Katie takes prozac and I have lived/experienced her not having it...(sometimes medicaid likes to play games)

So, I have put up the outside lights. Need to wrap some presents. We have sent out the Christmas cards. Little sis Terry, wonders why. But it is the only time we seem to communicate with some people, like my paternal uncles who live in Ilinois, and Abillene....

I let them know how we have done for the year and they reciprocate.....we always are grateful and glad to be remembered....

Lost Aunt Jeannie and JW. but Chera is pregnant..due in March. Get to catch up on my nephews and nieces lives and we always share stories of Mother and Daddy and our life at the trailer park. Though they have both passed on, they are with us in spirit at every gathering.

We get to look at pictures and remark at how so and so looks just like so and so....we are family, we belong, we are loved....
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 12:31:54 pm by rondrond »

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline AndyArrow

« Reply #769 on: December 13, 2008, 04:18:05 am »
My tree is up (Silver with a spot light that changes color) & I just mailed the cards today. 

The post office was out of Christmas stamps!   >:( 

What?!  I could come back tomorrow and they should have more in ... like that was gonna happen. 

So I asked what other stamps they had and the first one she said was Bette Davis!

Say no more!  So my Christmas cards go out with Miss Davis ... how apre peau!

Next year maybe I'll use the Judy Garland stamp! 

Happy Homo Holidays to all!

It is not the arrival that matters.  It is the journey along the way. -- Michel Montaigne

Offline rondrond

« Reply #770 on: December 13, 2008, 01:26:12 pm »
Mother and Daddy had a Silver tree with the spotlight colored wheel. Mother loved trees too much to have one cut down.

....and the Christmas Tree got real bright, then real dim and there go the lights.

Now, these are all brand new LED lights that I bought last year. There is just NO WAY. If I hold the plug the lights come back on. If I let go, they go out. Sometimes, they will come on and stay on until I leave the room. upon re-entry, they are out.

I am going to go with ...I need a new fuse, which comes with every box of lights. I have quite a collection of spare bulbs and fuses I have collected over the past 20 years as I have never used them before. Usually, if I have any problems with lights, I kick them to the curb. But, the TREE is already decorated ....now,

.....where did I put all of those spare bulbs and fuses?

Memories are made of this:

I bought a box of Ginger Snaps and a recipe caught my eye on the side of the box.

LEMON-GINGER REFRIGERATOR ROLL

makes 12 servings 1 slice each

1 cup cold fat free milk
1 pkg (4-serving size) JELL-O Kemon flavor Instant pudding % pie filling
1 1/2 cups thawed Cool Whip Lite Whipped Topping
30 Nabisco Ginger Snaps

POUR milk into medium bowl. Add dry pudding mix. Beat with wire whisk 2 minutes or until well blended. Bently stir in whipped topping.

SPREAD about 1 1/2 tsp of the pudding mixture onto each cookie. Begin stacking cookies together, standing on edge on serving platter to make a log. Frost with remaining pudding mixture.

REFRIGERATE at least 8 hours or overnight. Cut diagonally into 12 slices to serve. Store leftover dessert in refigerator.

It will take about 8 hours before serving to allow the cookies to soften to the desired cake-like texture.

http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/7881/193802724697214184xu0.jpg

So....I'm typing this and suddenly....

I heard the blender going and..??

Katie was whipping up the jell-o I had placed on the counter when I took down the box of Ginger Snaps to type the recipe.

She thought I that I had wanted her to make it.

So....there we were with pudding all over the counter, floor, appliances....

Then we had to mix in the whip cream....then I explained that we were supposed to take a tsp and swipe each cookie. ....

by now...my back and kegs were ...ready to quit....Kati'es back and everything else was hurting...so..she improvised... took hold of each cookie and dipped into the mixture. ...it coated both sides...it worked for me...

I got out a platter (in retrospect....should have got out a small rectangular baking dish with high sides so it would have looked like the ROLL it was 'titled' to be in the instructions...but...we were improvising under the influence of pain)... explained that we were now to stack the cookies...so we did...

There was a LOT of mixture...she had used both boxes instead of one...so we halved and put the rest in fridge in a butter tub...

poured the mixture over the top...

and voila..

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/6990/193802765076260790qo1.jpg

I didn't have the heart to tell her that it was supposed to be for the Family Christmas on the 21st....

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #771 on: December 13, 2008, 02:12:19 pm »
One of my Christmas traditions is to mail  3 Christmas cards to the 3 people who insist on mailing me one . I bitch all the way to the mail box and back .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline rondrond

« Reply #772 on: December 13, 2008, 10:12:36 pm »
One of my Christmas traditions is to mail  3 Christmas cards to the 3 people who insist on mailing me one . I bitch all the way to the mail box and back .

Jeff  :-*

Thanks for reminding me that I don't have your address....I've got your card. :D

...and..boo=ya

After several sources advised to pull the prongs on the tree lights plug out, I did....It didn't work. I spread them further apart..it didn't work....then, just because...

I pinched them together and the tree lights came on, stayed on.....their on right now and it's been hours...the Tree Light crisis has been solved....

...just in time for..

the Mail box.....the mailman delivered the mail by coming to the door...stated that the mail box was ..unsteady....

It is on a metal pole, which has a metal plate. The box has a piece of wood under it that it is screwed to and them the box is screwed onto the metal plate up underneath through the wood. Well, the wood has rotted and the box is coming off....

So, to the garage I went and after searching, I found an old bookcase that is broken....and I have been using it for projects, just like for the mailbox. So I took a pencil and outlined the box and started sawing with a handsaw....and sawed, and sawed....I was sweating.....I was hurting....I was whimpering and crying and carrying on...and the saw stuck in the middle, like it always does....

...so I started sawing from the other side until it stuck, and then karate kicked it and broke it into pieces   >:(

Got another piece of wood and started over again. Finally got it right and got my trusty electric screwdirver and screwed in 16 screws.....into virgin- hard- wood.....boy was I tired....

The mailbox looks great....never looked better....

I am moaning and groaning...I hurt...took a shower, made dinner and am drinking my Black Tea, gazing at the lit tree, and watching TV and I feel ok as long as I stay sitting.

Standing up and moving is a different story altogether.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 10:14:14 pm by rondrond »

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline AndyArrow

« Reply #773 on: December 15, 2008, 03:55:18 am »
16 screws.....into virgin- hard- wood.....boy was I tired

I don't know why ... I just had to keep reading that sentence over and over again!    :) ;) :D ;D

Offline rondrond

« Reply #774 on: December 15, 2008, 10:55:38 am »
16 screws.....into virgin- hard- wood.....boy was I tired

I don't know why ... I just had to keep reading that sentence over and over again!    :) ;) :D ;D

;) ::) :P

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline rondrond

« Reply #775 on: December 15, 2008, 10:59:47 am »

We were all snuggled up, toasty and warm...

When  I heard a sound from the kitchen....investigated, and found...

he was talking quietly to himself...."just a tiny, little, taste"....nibble, nibble...

at least he left some!

I am going to fill the crockpot with chili, beans, chicken meatballs for the 21st.

Is Terry going to make Christmas Lasagna?  Mom, Christmas Pasty?

I've also got crackers and peanut butter. Popcorn in a tin..the three flavor variety....caramel, cheese, butter..

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #776 on: December 15, 2008, 05:49:22 pm »

;D ;D ;D I love it! I'm exactly the same, only there's four on my list. ;D ;D ;D

Guess I'm not the only scrooge in the village after all! ;)
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #777 on: December 16, 2008, 05:40:34 pm »
;D ;D ;D I love it! I'm exactly the same, only there's four on my list. ;D ;D ;D

Guess I'm not the only scrooge in the village after all! ;)

Thats me ... in a crusty nut shell .  ;)
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline rondrond

« Reply #778 on: December 18, 2008, 12:44:15 pm »
Scrooge and Crusty...

Come on in here and sit down. We'll have dinner together anyway.  :D

I got my latest lab results. (posted in sig) I'm doing pretty good....numbers wise, on paper...

Unfortunately, there are other numbers in there, that I don't usually look at....like...lymph node on left side of neck is swollen....noticeably, like across the room. Dr D homed in on it right away....

Creatnine level. Apparently, it has crept to an unacceptable level. We drew blood again, just to make sure, but will probably have a talk about changing my meds to save my kidneys.

of, course, I am clueless and have started to do small info gathering searches as my nephew has arrived and we are having Family Christmas on Sunday. Will be meeting with her on Monday to verify the results of this blood draw....bugger

I talked to my paternal Uncle, who I haven't talked to very much through the years. ( My father died when I was 4 and when Mom remarried, we just sort of drifted our own ways). He has just gout out of the hospital with....he has BLOOD CLOTS in his lungs...apparently, this is going to be a genetic thing....
as my other Uncle got a blood clot in his leg and died overnight 10 years ago....

I know it's silly,

but,

at this moment,

I am feeling that this might be my last Christmas....

and then...it's the same way I felt in '93 when told to get my affairs in order.....

« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 12:51:49 pm by rondrond »

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline denb45

« Reply #779 on: December 18, 2008, 01:00:18 pm »

at this moment,

I am feeling that this might be my last Christmas....

and then...it's the same way I felt in '93 when told to get my affairs in order.....

You better not........besides I haven't even met you yet, and I think you'll have a lot of Christmas times left in your life..........so, Cheer-up ronnie and Merry Chirstmas to you and your Family  ;D

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #780 on: December 19, 2008, 08:30:55 am »
Hey Ron
I think all of us here have probably felt this way before but we are still here to talk about it today .

Living with HIV sometimes makes us think this way . I try not to let living with HIV get in the way of living . Sometimes its hard .   :-*
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline rondrond

« Reply #781 on: December 20, 2008, 01:36:19 am »
You better not........besides I haven't even met you yet, and I think you'll have a lot of Christmas times left in your life..........so, Cheer-up ronnie and Merry Chirstmas to you and your Family  ;D

I'm trying.

Hey Ron
I think all of us here have probably felt this way before but we are still here to talk about it today .

Living with HIV sometimes makes us think this way . I try not to let living with HIV get in the way of living . Sometimes its hard .   :-*

I'm hanging in here.

Katie's wheelchair caught a cabinet door and ripped it off the bottom hinge. I re-hung the cabinet door. It just needs to be repainted. I have paint in the garage.

This is what is eating my lunch and dinner:

Somebody...

..left the refrigerator door ajar...water all over the floor from the meltdown of the ice bin... and now, the freezer isn't freezing. The fridge side is at least starting to cool down. ...maybe it froze up and I need to just turn it off overnight and write off all the food.  :-\ 

Right now, I have all the controls turned down to their coldest and have crossed my fingers as the warranty extension for the the fridge is sitting here in front of me.

I was waiting to hear from the judge so I would know if I had any money to spend or not.

While showering, I knocked a shampoo bottle off the shelf and it fell into the shower curtain, tearing a hole in it....I just happen to have another curtain.  8)

I've been doing very well at not getting mad and saying things I really mean.  :D

« Last Edit: December 20, 2008, 01:40:44 am by rondrond »

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline rondrond

« Reply #782 on: December 20, 2008, 12:14:41 pm »
I miss Christmas office parties. I would always be involved in a group and we would bring Pot Luck. We had a pretty eclectic group.  There are some people out there who can make some strange things that I would never have eaten if left to my own devices.

Mom has worn many hats since she took her early retirement to fill her time. One thing she took up was cooking. Every year, everyone would get a Meat Pasty, pumpkin nut roll, and a stolen. We got to where we would be looking for the shiny aluminum rolled packages, coming our way. For the past three years, as JW's health declined, she stopped cooking.

This Year, my niece, Jennifer, is rebelling and being 'a wild thing' and lil sis Terry is worried about her daughter, as JenJen is refusing to work and her man, Dan, and her are subsequently fighting over....money. We just roll our eyes, we've all been there and she won't listen, will just have to live through the experience.

So, Mom has been calling on her granddaughter, who has all this 'free time' to help her around the house. (and if I know Mom, she's giving her money under the table, because Mom is always walking by and sticking something in available pockets)

BUT, this year, we are going to have Pasty, Stolen and Pumpkin Nut Rolls as Jennifer has made them, using Mom's recipes. Mom states that she is more worn out from giving directions than from the actual cooking  :D

I pulled out the warranty on the fridge and finally interpreted it. It's expired, hence the notice I got in the mail, apparently Nov26th...it just seems like last week. I was going to extend it for a wonderful discount, but was waiting for the judges decision on my SSDI.. Now, because I hesitated, I have to pay the piper at three times what I would have paid if renewed on Nov 26th.

It is still cheaper than paying for the service call, labor, parts. Now, they will be out on Monday, between 12-5pm. They will call first and must answer the phone, or they will not come. I've already informed Katie that I have to see Dr D on Monday at 2pm......so answer all phone calls.

as Salem the cat says on Sabrina, the teenage witch,..."DOoo- IT, DOooo- IT,

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline rondrond

« Reply #783 on: December 23, 2008, 03:27:41 am »
Appointment with Dr D today. Result of lab shows another increase in my creatinine level. She red flagged me at 1.31 last week, and today the test showed 1.34. (Should be between 0.7-1.3)

We are in discussion and Truvada is named the culprit for the elevated levels. She wants me to switch to Epzicom. We are waiting on the resistance test I gave up two more vials of blood for today as Epzicom is related to Epivir. Back in '93  I began  AZT and then Norivr, and then found my cocktail. Crixivan, Epivir and Zerit which I was on for 7 years thus the test to check for resistance.

I fell like I am standing on a slippery slope and sliding downhil....

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline rondrond

« Reply #784 on: December 30, 2008, 02:03:07 pm »
Daaang. It's amazing how you can get settled in your ways. Daniel was to be here Christmas Day and supposed to go back on day after. That didn't happen.

His ride's truck broke down so he had to buy another vehicle. He bought an Isuzu. Then, he kept calling stating that they would go back to Oklahoma the next day, and then the next day... finally left on Sunday afternoon.

He did help out around the house by checking off a lot of Katie's TO-DO's on my list of TO-DO's for which I am grateful. I had kept putting them off and putting them off...meh...get to them tomorrow and then putting them off again.

I had to keep juggling the meals around as I had not planned on feeding three. My routines were constantly challenged. I found myself grabbing naps every chance I could get which was stressful to Daniel as  he was used to me running circles around him. So, he sees that I am tired and hurting, and it bothers him., but, what can you do?

I made Christmas magic for it's alotted time and then I gave in to all my aches and pains and could not fake it anymore. I feel like I have been beaten with a baseball bat from the inside out. He was supposed to be gone and now he gets to see me at my worst.

I am supposed to continue the Truvada until Jan 4,  when we meet again and review the resistance test results for Epzicom. I am so tired.

We went to get a love seat from Mom that she was getting rid of. It folds out to a bed. Daniel shares a company paid for apt with Bubba and his pregnant wife. Daniel comes home from work and goes straight to his room and plays with his XBox 360 and he has a small fridge. He is sleeping on the floor.

Also snagged an ottoman that he can at least sit on. Work is good. He has had a promotion and has been approached on working at their next site in Arizona by Las Vegas. What a difference that is. Right now he works in 8 degree weather, soon to be in a desert.

The tV he was watching in Katie's bedroom went out. He blames himself.He thinks he is a jinx because verytime he comes over, something breaks.

The fridge is working now. It is our friend again.  :D

So, finally, Bubba shows up on Sunday afternoon and this Isuzu is no way the sixe of the double cab truck...it is full and Daniel has to shove his stuff in emty slots. PLUS, they have acquired a dog.  :-\

So, I have spent the past three days ....asleep..as being awake hurts so much. When your kidneys aren't working right, it hurts? When I get this new pill, this pain is going away? right?

I was able to get up today and stay up at least for 4 hours. I have to maneuver between the love seat, and the ottoman, as....they wouldn't fit in the Isuzu. :-\

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline denb45

« Reply #785 on: December 30, 2008, 02:39:49 pm »
I hope the new Yr. 2009 brings you much better relief, sounds like your Xams wasn't very enjoyable....... but, anywho HAPPY NEW YEAR Ronnie...things can only get better, they sure can't get any worse  ;D at least, I hope they don't ......just try to start 2009 FRESH, and things will be ok  ;)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 02:42:26 pm by denb45 »

Offline rondrond

« Reply #786 on: January 10, 2009, 06:52:32 am »
Rip Van Winkle? Land of Dreams? Hey Mr. Sandman.....must have had a tear in his bag as I have done nothing but sleep, sleep, sleep.

My face broke out in these HUGE sores. They started out as small, hard bumps on the bridge of my nose, and down under my eyes and the one on the side of my face close to the ear under the bottom of the sideburn that was the size of an egg, that throbbed and , I swear, it quivered.

I had to take an antibiotic to stop the throbbing, and use PhisoHex antibacterial soap/bodywash, Dr D said to use it everywhere, anywhere....topped off with Mupirocin ointment....

One week later, the bridge of my nose dried and flaked off. Under my eye is dried up but still there, and the egg has disappeared leaving this dried, red area that is slowly flaking off. I can leave the house again.

Dr Appointment today. My resistance test came back negative so I will stop taking Truvada and change to Epzicom as soon as it comes in, about 2 days.

I have been reading about Epzicom in the Hiv Drugs section on the Aidsmeds homepage and really did not like what I was reading regarding side effects.
Especially the body fat issues and liver problems, which is why I'm supposed to be stopping the Truvada.

My BP was 111/60  which I considered to be like..real low, especially as High as it has been for the past year. She is not concerned about it.

I have also been experiencing a dull ache in my left knee when sitting. I cannot step up using my left leg without a sharp pain in that knee. I have to keep reminding myself to use the right leg first.

Still no word from the Disability Judge. He said 30-60 days. .. ugh...

And just because, life keep happening..

I was cooking dinner Monday night and went to get the toasted garlic bread and....it was still cold...the oven won't come on. The top burners work like champs. I think I have found where the pilot light is. Lift up the top and there is a knob in the right corner. My failing eyesight won't let me decipher any words or symbols on the thing and I have turned on the knob and put my electric match to the whole apparatus,  and any and all holes. Nothing happens.

The knob to the back burner won't turn, no matter how hard I try. Katie has hit the thing with her wheelchair and I've informed mom that I think the oven is a goner. Though, I could be wrong. She is already looking for a new one. Called and asks if I want electric or gas. I don't care. I don't remember seeing a plug back there for electricity, though she thinks there is. I just want all knobs on top away from the wheelchair.

If I could be reimbursed for all the damage that chair has done to this house...

It seems the New Year is going to really put me through a testing and trial period before I get a good new year, it seems.

I have stopped taking the Doxepin today to see if it makes a difference in my sleep pattern as it was supposed to make me sleep and apparently is doing too good a job.

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline AndyArrow

« Reply #787 on: January 10, 2009, 02:17:50 pm »
Sorry about the oven giving up ... doesn't sound like the new year is getting off on the right track.  I guess you could look at as getting a new oven for the new year? 

I've always liked gas much better than electric for cooking & baking.  If Katie is still bumping into the stove with her wheelchair maybe an open flame isn't the best way to go.  Ugh ... Good Luck!

AA

Offline rondrond

« Reply #788 on: January 14, 2009, 03:26:54 am »
Sorry about the oven giving up ... doesn't sound like the new year is getting off on the right track.  I guess you could look at as getting a new oven for the new year? 

I've always liked gas much better than electric for cooking & baking.  If Katie is still bumping into the stove with her wheelchair maybe an open flame isn't the best way to go.  Ugh ... Good Luck!

AA

Hi Andy,

Yes, it seems that we will have just about rebuilt the kitchen before it's over with. Mom has it in her head that we need a counter stove top, and then a built in oven in the cabinets next to the current oven. Sounds good to me. We have even found some examples of a handicapped kitchen.

They are really amazing. Instead of a reacher to get to the shelves, she can have the whole cabinet come down on these hinges . We need to have the current bottom cabinets recessed more so that she can pull up to the counter without knocking off all the cabinet doors.

I'm leaving it to Mom and Katie to hash out. I'm more interested in cutting down this mulberry tree in front that has sprung up and is crowding out the pecan tree. I'd rather have pecans than mulberries as the birds eat them and then poop. Their mulberry poop stains parked cars and the driveway and the roof....

I got a call on Monday from DrD to STOP taking my Warfarin immediately, as my blood draw done the previous Friday came back at 5.0. Target range is 1.0-3.0. I knew something was wrong as I was feeling very lethargic and the left side of my neck and left shoulder were experiencing sharp pain. So, no warfarin for two days and then another lab on Wednesday to see where I'm at.

We had been sort of expecting something already as when I started the Gemfibrosil for my triglycerides warned of being a potentate for warfarin.

I have been so tired. And my neck and shoulder won't stop hurting. I also am waiting for Epzicom to arrive at the pharmacy whereupon I shall stop taking Truvada due to elevated creatnine levels.

Katie's aide, Myra.  I am sooo grateful for her. She has been absolutely wonderful for Katie. The past couple of aides were good, but they focused on only cleaning the house. Myra does the house, but she is also a companion to Katie and I will hear them in her bedroom talking and giggling.

Katie is now clean, as Myra assists her with her toiletries and such. Today, they were in the living room next to the chair I was 'convalescing' in and I had bought these Ped-Eggs for the feet as both of us have developed rough patches on our heels and on the sides of our feet and on the pads. Which just amazes me as we don't wear shoes anymore, just sandals, and I don't really walk that much, and Katie not at all.

Dr D states that it's due to the poor circulation. Anyway, these Ped-Eggs are great. My feet 'feel smooth. Katie's do too, as Myra was on the floor at her feet.....and she talks in this quiet voice, and she was being so gentle with 'Miss Katie".....I started to cry.

Had to turn my face to the window. I was suddenly so glad. I realized that one of my greatest concerns, was not really a concern anymore. It came to me that  Katie would be ok and taken care of, if anything 'happened' to me. Myra was working on Katie's feet which none of the other aides would even touch, and talking in her gentle voice, gently chiding Katie for all her 'boo-boo's' from cutting her  toes on the edge of a cabinet, or coming through a doorway, stating that she didn't know what she was going to do with her as she had to keep 'patching' Katie up every day.

I had to turn my face to the window again and wipe away tears. She has really been a blessing. I am really grateful for Myra.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 03:31:37 am by rondrond »

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline rondrond

« Reply #789 on: January 16, 2009, 11:37:31 pm »

Received my confirmation letter from the State, approving Epzicom/Viramune.

Saw DrD today. She faxed the order to the pharmacy to change Truvada for Epzicom. Since it will take about five days for it to get to the pharmacy I was given a week's supply so that I could start it immediately.

My INR was at 1.0 from 5.0  Target is 3.0 So,  in the past week I have gone from 10mgs, to  Zero (stop taking), to 5mgs. I had to confess that I was actually feeling better each day that has passed from not taking the 'rat poison'(warfarin) and was hoping that somehow I would not have to start taking it again.  :-\

I have lost five more pounds. Since the oven went out, I have been using the heck out of my Express Grill. Those little cooking wells must be the perfect portion control for losing weight  :D  Though I mostly have put us on a bean and vegetable soup diet.

Another factor is that I have increased my hand weights routine to 8lbs.

Another year, and I had to renew the Vehicle Registration on my truck. I swear I just scraped that sticker off not too long ago, yet, time has just passed and here I am doing it again.

I don't know what pill the Dr gave Katie, but she had been in a really 'festive' mood lately. The man who reads the meter on her oxygen machine came by and Myra was here while he was checking the machine. Katie sensed 'sparks' and while escorting him to the door, she asked him if he was married. He said "No" and she sand that Myra wasn't either.

I just looked at her from my convalescing lounge chair and heard Myra from the bedroom calling out, "I heard that Miss Katie".....

Katie asked him if he wanted Myra's number, and when said yes, Katie told him to wait at the door, and went and got the number....he texted Myra ten minutes later....they had a movie date tonight....

Myra keeps asking me, "How do you control her?" and I just shrug my shoulders. I will leave it up to Katie to tell her that she is no virgin and knows when a man is interested. That she has not always been in a wheelchair. Even in a wheelchair, at one time she had three boyfriends...That her bra size is 56F... HEL-LO.....

On Dec 2, Disability Judge said:  will send SSDI determination in 30-60 days. Today, it has been 46 days, and still, no word. It is just driving me crazy.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 11:50:42 pm by rondrond »

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline denb45

« Reply #790 on: January 17, 2009, 01:11:39 am »
Your sister kaite is a real hoot  ;D, I'm glad she's got Myra to help her out, .........don't worry these thing take time ( the SSDI) it took me ( back in 98) two trys, I had to do it again, and the second time was the chram, I'm not saying this will happen to you, and ours is for something compeletly diffrerent, I was lucky, my job paid into State Disability for the last 11 yrs. at work, so, I lived off the MAX I could get (383 a week at that time) it wasn't my regular pay ,but it was better than nothing at all, and that lasted for about 18 months, and just when it was about to run-out.....I get my SSDI Award letter, and the one form my Teamsters Pension Plan, and the timming of that was just right, I don't know what I would have done  :o

Offline rondrond

« Reply #791 on: January 18, 2009, 11:47:11 am »
Your sister kaite is a real hoot  ;D, I'm glad she's got Myra to help her out, .........don't worry these thing take time ( the SSDI) it took me ( back in 98) two trys, I had to do it again, and the second time was the chram, I'm not saying this will happen to you, and ours is for something compeletly diffrerent, I was lucky, my job paid into State Disability for the last 11 yrs. at work, so, I lived off the MAX I could get (383 a week at that time) it wasn't my regular pay ,but it was better than nothing at all, and that lasted for about 18 months, and just when it was about to run-out.....I get my SSDI Award letter, and the one form my Teamsters Pension Plan, and the timming of that was just right, I don't know what I would have done  :o

Dennis,
Yes, she is a hoot. In my mind's eye, if you two were put in the same room, there would be a party. :D

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline rondrond

« Reply #792 on: January 18, 2009, 11:57:47 am »
Epzicom. 

Yesterday morning I took my first pretty Epzcom pill. Other than drying my tongue out on contact, I did not notice any difference in how I felt from the Truvada......until..

This morning, within 10 minutes of taking, I started getting a headache. The feeling intensified, and I had a headache and started feeling dizzy. HAd to sti down and grab the edge of a table and sat holding my head in my hand.

I must confess, I have read several threads of those who experienced having a hangover feeling after meds and though I read it, I did not register it, having not experienced it myself.

I have now expreienced a hangover from taking meds. I thought I was going to throw up and that I had lost all control of my world. It lsted about 45 minutes.

When I could let go of the table, I started feeling a chill and sat, shivering with goosebumps for another 10 minutes.

And that was my Day2 on Epzicom. Please tell me this is not an every day occurrence and that this is just my body adjusting to a new drug.

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline rondrond

« Reply #793 on: January 23, 2009, 02:33:38 am »
My body has been breaking down and rebuilding with the new material (Epzicom) being presented to it. I no longer have headaches or hangovers. Remembering how I used to give Darcelll (My dog) a pill, I wrapped it in a piece of cheese making a small cheese ball that i popped to the back of my throat and swallow so I don't have to experience it sucking the moisture from my tongue.

For the first three days I was suffering from a sore tongue and dry mouth. I actually went and looked in the mirror to make sure that I did not have thrush and thank goodness there was not coating of the tongue or any redness. Just a nice pretty pink tongue.

So after my cheese trick and now having several days for my body to adjust, I am not experiencing severe dry mouth , but my tongue still get sore for at least 6 hours.

I am having an extremely sharp pain in my left side, lower abdomen and lower back. Today, I gave in and took a pain pill. I don't know what I will do when I run out of them, as at this moment, life is good, no sharp pain, just a dull ache in the back.

I'm starting to eyeball my Retirement account and if I don't get an affirmative from this judge pretty soon, am going to have to take the penalties and cash it in.

Slightly stressed about IRS time coming up and not knowing what to do. I had no income. Do I file anyway or just drop off the edge of the world into oblivion becoming a non-entity? Will have to contact my accountant (Who took care of me when I had my own business....he could find deductions I never heard of) though I will have to insist on a free consult....please.

More stress that March 1st is rapidly approaching with another birthday(I'll be 56) and an anniversary, 16 years of living with HIV. I wish Dr Adams was still alive. He was the one who gave me my diagnosis along with well wishes, and condolences, advising me to file my last will and testament and get my affairs in order as back then, once diagnosed, one usually was dead three months after diagnosis.

I could start a line of dark humor cards...."err...remember me? I'm still alive"

Thursday.   I have not exercised in two days due to back pain. Today, after four Arthritis Strength Tylenol, the pain is under control. I refuse to pay for a visit to the emergency room. My next visit with DrG is Feb 13. My Colonoscopy is Feb 27 (the appointment was made back in November...incredible)

So, It has been five days since I started Epzicom/Viramune. I no longer have to grab the table from dizziness. I do feel like my gut is 'tight/tense?' It's not painful, just a slight discomfort. I'm more worried about my tongue. It feels like I scalded it llike when you drink hot coffee/chocolate. But looking in the mirror, it appears to be OK.

Also the sharp pain in my left side and lower back and across my lower abdomen. Currently, Tylenol is working at keeping the pain at bay...I was able to use 5lb hand weights today and finished my bicep curls before the sharp pains started and I had to stop. 

...just have to make it to my next appointment.

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline rondrond

« Reply #794 on: January 26, 2009, 01:25:51 pm »
Well. It couldn't last forever. ...sigh. Winter has finally looked upon the DFW Metroplex and said.."Hey, what are you doing there in shorts and thinking of planting flowers? Here, have an Arctic Blast.

So, it's cold. Might have freezing rain by tonight and for several days. I need to go to the grocery store as I have been so ...tired...(called fatigued, but not from any exertion on my part, just for being alive)

Mom has been calling and I haven't spoken to her for weeks as I have been asleep every time she calls. She needed a 'flavor'

I asked "Chocolate, strawberry or vanilla?"

she chose chocolate.

So. I went to visit her and help take down JW's 'Hunting Trophies' in the den...two deer head and a fish. Actually a deer and a stag as one had antlers. She has a vaulted ceiling and they were 'up there' and JW's son, ED wanted them. So. We got them down and boy were they nasty.

The stag was shedding and this fish was HUGE, I have no idea what it was and couldn't for the life of me figure out why anyone would want them. Mom was glad to be rid of them. OF course, now she has to paint, as they were hanging for at least 30 years and had left their mark. Yuck...yuck,yuck,yuck.

Back pain has diminished and my tongue appears to be returning to normal. My problem now is PN. I don't know if it is from the Epzicom, or cold weather that has rolled in, but my foot and toes have just been ridiculous. They are frozen, and I can't even put a blanket over them as the weight from the blanket maked them feel like they are breaking off.

Leg and foot spasms. Then from ice they turn to fire and burn.

Finally, LOST season premiere and I'm 'lost' again. Have already started my list of questions that may never be answered...

Looking for the pineapple on Psych for their sweepstakes and waited all day on the 26th for Publisher's Clearing House to knock on my door and save me. They must have got lost as they never showed. At least, I'm entering online for free, so I no longer pay for wasted stamps.

Guess I'll have to enter the real world and watch CNN and see what Obama's up to.

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #795 on: January 26, 2009, 04:05:51 pm »
Hey Ron,

The snow has just about all melted here - and they are predicting another storm.

I had about a foot of snow in the yard. The grass looks happy, so that's something.

The story about the trophy heads at your mom's reminds me of my home when I bought it. The owner had a bear skin hanging on the wall of the dining room.

UGH!

It was old. It was shedding. It was nasty.

Luckily, the former owner's grandson wanted it. They did leave behind the outline on the wall, where it had been hanging for who knows how long, and one claw.

Between that and the chocolate brown carpeting that had a life of its own, it was odoriferous.  I was glad to be rid of them both.

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #796 on: January 26, 2009, 10:34:29 pm »
You know, I was just looking at some new flowers growing in the backyard a couple of days ago thinking. Wow this is a nice winter.
Now its just cold and wet and foggy and yucky. I must have passed 4 car wrecks on the way home from the clinic today. Hopefully it will pass soon cause I hate cold weather.  ;D

Offline rondrond

« Reply #797 on: January 27, 2009, 11:44:35 am »
Hey Ron,

The snow has just about all melted here - and they are predicting another storm.

I had about a foot of snow in the yard. The grass looks happy, so that's something.

The story about the trophy heads at your mom's reminds me of my home when I bought it. The owner had a bear skin hanging on the wall of the dining room.

UGH!

It was old. It was shedding. It was nasty.

Luckily, the former owner's grandson wanted it. They did leave behind the outline on the wall, where it had been hanging for who knows how long, and one claw.

Between that and the chocolate brown carpeting that had a life of its own, it was odoriferous.  I was glad to be rid of them both.

HUGS,

Mark

All I can see is the outline of that claw.. :D  Though the root of the word was pretty obvious, you had me googling odoriferous.

How many coats of paint did it take?

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline rondrond

« Reply #798 on: January 27, 2009, 11:49:06 am »
You know, I was just looking at some new flowers growing in the backyard a couple of days ago thinking. Wow this is a nice winter.
Now its just cold and wet and foggy and yucky. I must have passed 4 car wrecks on the way home from the clinic today. Hopefully it will pass soon cause I hate cold weather.  ;D

Yeah, I have clumps of green grass and these yellow flowers weeds...

I think that where you are in Dallas got it worse than here in West Fort Worth. I could feel sleet on my face taking out the garbage bins this morning, but there wasn't really anything on the ground.

then I saw the news...daam   There are areas that have lost power. I'm grateful.

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #799 on: January 27, 2009, 08:07:20 pm »
I am a little north of the Hi 5. That mixmaster that always seems to be on the news. LOL
I have power thank goodness. <obviously because I am posting> LOL
It would really really suck if we lost power because we do not have gas. So all possible ways to heat the house is electricity.
I just got home from a quick run to the grocery store for very important icecream. It wasnt too bad but then again I only live a block from the store.  ;D

Hope you have a good evening!

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.