Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:57:26 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773300
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 707
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 681
Total: 681

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Trials and Tribulations of an Old Poz Queen  (Read 540644 times)

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
Re: Trials and Tribulations of an Old Poz Queen
« Reply #600 on: August 19, 2008, 09:53:31 pm »
JW died today. .. He just stopped breathing....

Sorry to hear that Ronnie, but, for what it's worth, you know he's in a much better place now  :(
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline rondrond

• 22 years HIV+ yet a yard could be the death of me
« Reply #601 on: August 19, 2008, 11:57:25 pm »
This is hard.  Not only have I lost friends to HIV/AIDS, I am now experiencing, aging, and probably the worst part of aging, losing people.

JW and Mom worked for Lockheed. He was a pilot. He refueled jets in midair. He was also a cowboy, and had some horses and land.

Mom took an early retirement to look after J.W.. he was diagnosed with cancer and they started having fun and traveling. Mom is pretty good at Vegas and Shreveport always coming out with more than she came in with. But then she was a Senior Cost Analyst for Lockheed traveling to places I can't even pronounce over in Europe trying to get a 'part' for a good price.

I don't have a cowboy hat. Though my parents had a horse ranch in Springtown. JW named it 'Passing Wind" ....now before you get all romantical an such envisioning a Texas prairie with gentle winds blowing tumbleweeds....forget it..

.......he stated that he named it for Mom, as every time she bent over....she 'passed wind'.... ::)

I am a City Boy. Every now and then my mom would try to talk me into going out and helping J.W. (yup, that's his name) with barb wire that had come down. ALL I was interested in was 'riding' the horses, not cleaning up after them.

He kept telling my mother that he was going to make a man of me and teach me how to stand on my own two feet. I admit that I was pretty much a mamas boy. My father was killed when I was 4 and I was the first born only son and had a tasty silver spoon in my mouth for awhile.

I've had two step fathers. JW was my second stepfather and thanks to him,  I lost my spoon and everyone pampering 'that poor boy who lost his daddy' ..It's hard not having a daddy. My mother did not remarry until I was @12. I think.

I don't remember much of my life from 4-@12ish. If we're talking and someone brings up something I can remember a little ,but not on my own. Mom said I gave her HELL because I did not believe my daddy was dead and would keep running off looking for him. She finally had to give me these little pink tranquilizers which probably account for my memory loss. She had to hide his pictures because every time I saw his picture I would have a fit and want to go find him. I did not grow up fast because I was pampered for years.

J.W. knew what to do though. It took a few years, but we have come to terms and I am fond of him. He has been good to my mother for which I am grateful. He turned her from a City girl into a country girl.

Duchess was the first horse J.W. gave her and she had a colt,  MayDay. Mayday got his name from JW. They were in the pasture and she was grazing and he was exploring...at one point she went one way for a patch of greener grass and he didn't notice right away..suddenly "momma, momma, where are you?"...

... and his ears were pricked up and his tail was straight up and those long gangly legs were fighting each other as he skidded around looking for her..J.W. there and then named him May Day...*mayday...maayydaayy.. missing mother.

.Springtown is not far from Fort Worth and they would commute back and forth usually spending weekends on the ranch, taking hay to feed the horses and to feed fish in the stock pond...I discovered that cowboys don't have battered pickups because they are bad drivers but because horses will come up and start rubbing on them, will take a bite out of them*INCREDIBLE but true...

One day, Mom and JW were out feeding the horses and the stock pond and they noticed MayDay standing on a ridge without Duchess...on the other side of the ridge was a ravine/gully and Duchess was down in it dead....poor MayDay wouldn't budge until they covered her body J.W. took care of it.... as all I could do was cry...

..well, he was a good man, and was good to my Mom....I am grateful she had him in her life. They made the most of their time together.....

« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 12:12:46 am by rondrond »
"I'm not done yet"....Glen Campbell

"I may not be exactly where I want to be, but I sure as Hell am not where I was"
Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

04jul07/DVT-right leg/Bi Lateral PE's     
16oct08/DVT-left leg
Aug09 Diagnosed: COPD

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline Robert

« Reply #602 on: August 20, 2008, 01:25:56 am »
ronnie.

my deepest condolences to you and your mother.  JW sounds like a true cowboy who knew the worth of character, the pleasure of working and the dignity of caring.

god bless.

robert

Offline bear60

« Reply #603 on: August 20, 2008, 09:19:45 am »
Oh Ron I'm sorry to hear that JW passed away. I wish that you and your Mom find Peace.   The memories of JW sound like they will carry you a long way.
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #604 on: August 20, 2008, 02:00:48 pm »
Ronnie,

My sympathies to you and your family.   May he rest in peace..

hugs,

Alan   :'(
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline rondrond

« Reply #605 on: August 21, 2008, 12:47:12 pm »
Than you all, here and through PM's, for you words of encouragement.

Mom and JW never got this far in their 'future plans'.....

She was still undecided on where to bury, and how...casket or cremation.....

As organized as she usually is in regards to all aspects of life, preparing for death has been a touchy subject.

...I remember once, when she was still married to 1st step father Bill, that he had a Funeral Director, or whoever does the selling for plots and caskets come to the house one day with these brochures and when she entered the room and realized just who he was...

...Mom had a fit and ran him out of the house....we have never brought up the subject again....except...

...now, I think I will have to take that 'leap of faith' and ask her just what does she want done when it's her time....

Katie and I have both stated that we want to be cremated...NO open casket for me...

*no one can do my hair right, but me*

JW had a daughter and a son from his first marriage. His first wife died of cancer. They should be arriving in town by now, or tomorrow.

Maybe they will have input that Mom is waiting for....

So, day 1 has been uneventful...

one life stops...others go on...
I am having moments. I feel like I have taken refuge in a Snowglobe and everything is whirling, then settling.

There will be a Memorial tomorrow, Friday, at 1pm. Robert and Dewane will be there, can't get hold of Daniel. (he will be pissed..family events, rituals, traditions, have become VERY important to him lately..)

The decision went to Cremation. Mom bought an Urn. I haven't seen it yet.

I have this HUGE pimple growing on the side of my nose. I've mashed it and got TONS of gunk....am debating on whether to risk bouts of diaherrea by taking some of those leftover antibiotics to try and clear it up....

...I find myself sitting on the front porch a lot lately...watching the rain, the birds, lizards, cats....

,,,letting my snowglobe settle before it gets shaken up again..

...and the phone just rang and it's Mom....needing to ensure she has names spelled correctly for the obituary...

"I may not be exactly where I want to be, but I sure as Hell am not where I was"
Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline denb45

« Reply #606 on: August 21, 2008, 01:04:27 pm »
Than you all, here and through PM's, for you words of encouragement.

Ronnie just remember THIS: when one door of life closes for someone who has passed-on, another door is opened, and I mean that is a very positive way  :)
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline rondrond

« Reply #607 on: August 22, 2008, 02:17:58 am »
Now I know what Mom was mulling over...

JW is a War Veteran. My Grandfather(Daddy) was a War Veteran. If it's the same, at Daddy's funeral they had a flag over the casket.

There were other Veterans there and Taps was played at the end of the service as the flag was folded and given to Uncle Sonny....I assume in this case Mom will get the flag.

We have been going through 'stuff' at the house as there will be a display...his uniform, picture, etc...

Mom has been very calm and organized...It turns out that JW already had a plot next to his first wife (who died of cancer)...Mom and JW have been married for...about... 35 years?? ...

The Funeral Director advised Mom that they could bury an Urn under the headstone leaving plenty of room in the plot for a casket, or other urns....

..i.e.....she now has a place to be buried, she advised me...I just now need to know if in casket or urn.....

I have invaded one of my three closets...and found 3 shirts that I can still fit in....pants are another story... :-\

I..can...just...get...the...button...almost....to ...the...oh forget it...

I'm going to have to run to WalMart between now and 10am to buy a pair of black pants....

My Tux and sports jackets all have holes in them...dang it... >:(  moths...maybe some burning seeds... ::) The clothes in this particular closet have just hung there for at least 8 years....

I can just wear the shirt (one is white with a 'design' down the front that when buttoned, looks like a black tie, the other shirt is black with a 'white tie'...from International Male) and black pants, or buy a sport jacket...I will just know, when I'm at Walmart and see what they have...

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline bear60

« Reply #608 on: August 22, 2008, 01:02:31 pm »
Ron.....quote you......"My Tux and sports jackets all have holes in them...dang it...   moths...maybe some burning seeds...  The clothes in this particular closet have just hung there for at least 8 years...."
Yup.  The year before my Mom died we had a scare and I thought for sure she was a goner....so I opened my closet and had exactly the same experience as you. Nothing fit, it was all over 8 years old anyway, so I asked Kurt to give me a new suit for Christmas that year, which he so kindly did.  I hung the new suit up ....all prepared for the memorial service and etc.  Well, a year went by and in the meantime a friend died then another and another.  That suit saw its duty before my Mom died...and I was prepared when she did.
Hope you find some clothes that fit you well.

Offline rondrond

« Reply #609 on: August 22, 2008, 10:59:26 pm »
I found black pants at WalMart. I was in the dressing room for what seemed an eternity. I HATE dressing rooms and I always break a sweat in them. The attendant was very nice and kept asking if I was "ok?" as I was developing a lovely shade of red in the face and neck.and hugging and puffing. ::)

Dewayne got off work and we did our thing for the camera...

After the service, I was getting in the truck and POPPED the middle button off my shirt....it just made it...I was lucky, as I bought it when I was 20lbs lighter.. ::)

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline rondrond

« Reply #610 on: August 22, 2008, 11:34:44 pm »
Jw....

We were entering the building and this strange woman was poking in me in my arm....I looked at her and stopped short...it was my Aunt Sue with BLOND hair, she's a brunette, and she looked just like Mother....

Another woman said, hello Ronnie and it was my Aunt Tresa..again, I did not recognize her...I did recognize their husbands and then my little sister Terry arrived eith her husband and two children.

Robert and Paulette, who, it was the first time Mom had met Paulette.

The Flag ceremony from the Air Corps was moving, and Terry was siting in front of me and I saw she had started. blubbering, as I, and I was going to give her a tissue. There were tissue boxes in all the benches.

The Flag Ceremony is done in pure silence and as I started to pull the tissue, I could hear the rasping of tissue scraping on box and it continued as the tissues were stuck together and I suddenly felt like a clown in the circus with the never ending stream of handkerchiefs....

Finally, it stopped after I got a handful and I was too late as her husband had already given her his handkerchief....

Mom had decided to let JW's son, Edwin,  have the flag, so after they folded it, they presented it to him. He accepted the flag and turned to Mom who was seated behind him for everyone to know acknowledge that she had surrendered the flag to him...and then one of the Air Corps played 'Taps' on a bugle from the back of the room:
(this is not from our funeral, but it is almost exactly as it was:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ku1LxxRaRLI&feature=related

The piano player played JW's favorite song, Alley cat...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lIxJTV0ZSo

..and there were some appropriate Hymns....and it ended with...the Air Force song...'Wild Blue Yonder'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvzN75lWlTs

« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 12:55:06 am by rondrond »

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #611 on: August 23, 2008, 10:18:03 am »
That was really nice of your mom.

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #612 on: August 23, 2008, 12:19:33 pm »
Hey Ronnie,

My condolences on the loss of your step dad.

You've really been through it lately.

Hang in there.

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #613 on: August 23, 2008, 02:31:16 pm »
My goodness, I just got caught up here. 
I was so sorry to hear about your Aunt and your step-father passing.
I hope you have been feeling better.
Snow
Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important

The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #614 on: August 25, 2008, 11:37:18 am »
Rondrond-
I was thinking of you this weekend.  I was out tag-saleing and saw a dragon in a snow globe. I hope you and your Mom, Katie and the rest of the family are doing OK.

Snow

Offline rondrond

« Reply #615 on: August 26, 2008, 01:29:39 am »
Rondrond-
I was thinking of you this weekend.  I was out tag-saleing and saw a dragon in a snow globe. I hope you and your Mom, Katie and the rest of the family are doing OK.

Snow

Hi Snow,

I have been out of pocket for the past week. After the funeral, there were suddenly all of these flowers to deal with. Mom's house looks like a florist. We have been moving the larger flowers to vases and throwing out those that are dying, and giving away.....

Going through stacks of paperwork....social security, retirement, insurance....stuff....

JW's clothes.....the house is FULL of stuff she has been trying to get rid of...

Opening the garage door ...one step in...one step back...and shut the door completely overwhelmed by the warehouse it has become...Mom and JW collected quite a bit of stuff in the past 30 years.....

then there are several storage units.. :o stuff from after my father died, from the nightmare of my first stepfather....memories just stuffed into storage and forgotten....but, can't just throw out as there is some good memories intermingled in the bad memories....

Furniture from when Mother died and then when Daddy died...

We just looked at each other not knowing where to begin...finally decided to take care of the money situation first...

just what she has and will have...found paperwork on the ranch.....I though they had sold it...well they were going to, then had a foreman watching it, who decided that he wanted to buy it....

where's the horses?...on the ranch...then ...the foreman did buy it lock,  stock and barrel...

..so, I don't have to worry about feeding any horses...

need to get death certificates for everyone ....might as well put it in the printer and push 'print a ton'....

..so now we're waiting to hear from these people and get their responses and doing research on death benefits of a widow as though she has been a widow before, that was 51 years ago and things might just be a little different this time...

...and these FLOWERS are everywhere...I brought some home...

..they were a lot larger with the gladiolas in them..I pulled them out today and put in a vase...

Because it rained for three days, I had to mow the front and back yard. I have discovered that there are several plants that I do not now the name of...but everything is blooming...

Liriope Big Bluie (monkey grass), orange spider lilies, lantana...these purple flowers I don't know what they're called, the crepe myrtle, ...these wandering jew looking ground creepers that have these intensely blue flowers that you can see clear across the yard..trumpeter vines with blooms so red that I can see them from my bedroom window...

Irises are growing and getting ready for their second blooming, as are the Star Gazer Lilies, and my red amaryllis has come up, but it has never bloomed...maybe this year...and I have 3 red spider lilies....

After mowing the back yard, I was hot and red and though I am not red anymore, I still feel hot.....

..Katie has been sick. She awoke @3am with a burning fever and then got body shaking chills...I gave her Tyenol and her fever went down...
in the morning she was hot again, Mom came over and brought a thermometer...Temp 102....more Tylenol....fever went down...she stayed in bed all day Saturday....

...got up Sunday and appeared ok...played Pogo for a couple of hours and after dinner went to bed..She went all day Monday with no complaints until after dinner when she got chilled to the bone, started aching, edema in legs and feet were so severe that she swore they were going to pop...took a water pill.....

...I have been giving tylenol and placing a wet towel around her neck...anything to help her get out of bed if only to use the toilet....anything to not be that third arm...

...it's working as she has made it to the toilet every day...

I go to the doctor tomorrow, and I will have the same list of body aches, but the bumps in my scalp have gone...and the rash is gone...I guess the Doxepin worked...

September will be a busy 'go to doctor' month....two dental appointments for deep scaling/cleaning, sleep study, colonoscopy, EKG...bi-weekly blood draws for INR...

Today was the first day of school for the Fort Worth school district...Labor Day Weekend (no plans). :(
Halloween (no plans)  :(

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline bear60

« Reply #616 on: August 26, 2008, 08:08:49 am »
Hi Ron
The flowers are so pretty. A reminder of how fleeting beauty and life can be.
Hey, I wouldnt worry about Haloween yet! lol Not having plans sounds like  a good thing to me. Kurt and I dont make plans either.

Joel

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #617 on: August 26, 2008, 12:55:12 pm »
I haven't even thought about Halloween. Hell its not even September yet. LOL
I don't recall ever doing anything for Labor day aside from sitting on my rear.

I love Halloween though. Playing dress up is fun.

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #618 on: August 26, 2008, 01:01:14 pm »
Beautiful flowers!
Your step-Dad was well loved!
I hope Katie is feeling better.
I don't have any plans either except to take the kids trick or treating. Probably with a Batman, a Princess, and maybe a Naruto and Pokeman in tow. 

Offline rondrond

« Reply #619 on: August 27, 2008, 01:50:09 am »
It's weird to think of Halloween in September, but I have to be prepared. We don't give candy out to neighbor kids anymore, just shut the gate and leave the lights off.

I have found that the Community centers have Excellent Halloween carnivals that are much better and safer. Even made money st the River Oaks Community Center where a bank sponosored one of the booths which was a stock pond full of pellets..stuff...and in the bottom they had put silver dollars...

I could only yell, "dive, dive," everytime they came up empty handed.....

However, it is one of the times that Katie gets to see her grandchildren....and I learned my lesson well, with  McKayla standing there with hand on hip and tapping her foot.....and us with no candy in the house....well, that was a big NONO...

I'm trained real well now, as every time I see something in the store, I buy it and we have a special KIDS box for emergency gifts....

I went to see Dr D today. I gained another 3 pounds  >:(  I was so distressed that eating RIGHT has made me blossom....I was doing better before I talked to the nutritionist...counting calories....someone my size and age should be intaking @1500 calories. To lose wight, deduct 200 calories. My calorie intake is 1200.

I had my journal/chart, with the foods I eat, and their caloric value. and I still gained weight. But the kicker is....my belt still fastens on the third notch. My waist is not getting any larger....so where is it?

She did mention that my edema could be a contributing factor...water....I'm sick of it

So I weigh 266   BP was 134/86    thanks to my double whammy...atenolol and lisinopril

INR 3.0  perfect

She did find two spots on my scalp behind my ear so I am to continue the Doxepin.

..and my next visit 26sept08 I will have labs done to see how my CD4/VL are doing....

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline Robert

« Reply #620 on: August 28, 2008, 06:54:27 pm »

but for now I’ll continue to get a kick out of someone finding me sexy again!

Hi Emma ~~  WOW...that's a great feeling, isn't it?

Congratulations ~~~.  All I can say is take it and run with it.  What a great way to end the summer.  Come next week, it's September and my favorite season commences and you'll be back in school, teaching those kids a thing or two.  Feeling sexy and all, I have a notion that those kids are going to sit up and listen.  They are so lucky.

robert

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #621 on: August 28, 2008, 07:41:48 pm »
I scrolled and scrolled and scrolled and I still didn't see that.    :-\

Offline rondrond

« Reply #622 on: August 29, 2008, 02:12:12 am »
Rondrond-

Snow

ooooh..a Dragon Snowglobe....hmm...

It never hurts to have a wishlist out there for the person who draws your name.. ;)

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline rondrond

« Reply #623 on: August 29, 2008, 02:30:41 am »
hmmm. *squish* ...*squash*....we have been squished together. It also seems that a few posts intended for another thread made their way over here.

Well, Katie has been sick....fever, chills, and her leg is grossly swollen and red..

We both have shared the joy of having DVT's only hers is GROSSLY swollen where mine is grossly swollen... ::)

All my advice which consisted of these words "call your doctor"....repeated over and over fell on deaf ears. I finally called Mom....

....apprised her of the situation....asked her to please talk some sense to her daughter....and handed Katie the phone...

.."who's this?" .."I didn't hear the phone ring".....

"It's Mom...I called her"....

so, Katie went to the doctor today.. ::)

MITS picked her up at 245pm and she returned at 5pm with a diagnosis of Cellulitis....k.....

"I have an infection in my leg...and was given antibiotics" .."k...but how did you get it?"...

"Is it contagious?"......had to google and did NOT like what I read....and still don't know much more than before I googled...

Wik states that cellulitis itself is not contagious, but the bacteria that causes it can be passed from one person to another???....well, that sounds contagious to me...

I was not happy to read of the risks to one with HIV....err...me...

could not find anything regarding a pregnant woman as her aide Jessie , is pregnant....

still don't have a satisfactory explanation of just where did the bacteria come from and how to nuke it...I need to know where to nuke...

we already have GERM X bottles throughout the house and wipes and there just should not be any bacteria living here...

I'm going to have to call Dr D tomorrow and see if she can calm my mind.....give me some straight answers as the internet has let me down...

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #624 on: August 29, 2008, 10:13:28 am »
Rondrond-
Sorry to hear about Katie's legs and infection.  Can you call your ID doc and see if you need to worry?  My first ID doc, I could call and ask anything and they were very helpful, the one I have here is not so nice :-\

If I ever see another one, I will definately pick it up for you.   ;D  I didn't want you to think you had a wierdo in Mass stalking you, but you had spoken about dragons and snowglobes?  :)  Since you already think I'm strange, can I ask if you have slept in your bedroom yet? ;D

How is your Mom doing with JW's passing?

Snow

Offline rondrond

« Reply #625 on: August 29, 2008, 11:08:09 am »
Rondrond-
Sorry to hear about Katie's legs and infection.  Can you call your ID doc and see if you need to worry?  My first ID doc, I could call and ask anything and they were very helpful, the one I have here is not so nice :-\

If I ever see another one, I will definately pick it up for you.   ;D  I didn't want you to think you had a wierdo in Mass stalking you, but you had spoken about dragons and snowglobes?  :)  Since you already think I'm strange, can I ask if you have slept in your bedroom yet? ;D

How is your Mom doing with JW's passing?

Snow

Hi Snow,
talked to Dr and she gave me a Rx for antibiotics as a prophylactic measure. It's skin to skin, not air borne, so just follow the signs over the sink...

Wash your hands...

No, I haven't slept in my bed yet. Still doing the couch. ..idk...what with everyone dying all of a sudden...the words...'passed peacefully in their sleep' ...i,e,..they were in bed...bed=death..they were up and fine during the day..then went to bed.....weird...I know...wiill probably have to have therapy.....

Mom is doing great. I guess after years of watching someone suffer, it's a releif to know that they aren't suffering anymore.

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #628 on: August 30, 2008, 02:52:23 pm »
This one caught my eye.

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #629 on: August 30, 2008, 04:46:26 pm »
Oh Win, that is a good one.  My aunt and uncle just bought a property a year or two ago, that actually has on the deed that no peacocks are allowed.  We have been buying them peacocks since we found that out.

Rondrond- Glad your doc put you on meds.  I can totally understand the bed situation.  It is all where you are comfortable and get the best rest.
Snow

Offline rondrond

« Reply #630 on: August 31, 2008, 01:24:10 am »
I like the Royal Sultan..sans pants...just tunic.. ::)

Would have to pull out some of Granny's costume jewelry...gotta sparkle

by bedtime, Katie's leg did some more swelling. She is in pain. She is on pain medication. It's only been two days since taking antibiotic...website stated that it could take up to 3 weeks to cure...

If it stays swollen and continues to hurt will probably have to spend a Holiday Sunday at the ER....

If we could take the electric chair, it would be just WONderful...

Mom has two planks'ramps that they used to put riding mowers in a trailer to mow at the ranch.....

..might work...but the tailgate on my truck is higher than a trailer...

Since taking the antibiotics I've pooped my britches twice... >:(

I need a banana in my ear....

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline rondrond

« Reply #631 on: September 01, 2008, 01:05:24 am »
Katie has a hospital bed and I made sure that she had the bottom elevated all night. When she awoke, the swelling in her leg had gone down considerably. ...no ER..... :D

Received a letter from Binder & Binder wanting me to call regarding details of my case. Could be nothing but data collecting;/updating or ...do I dare think it?...

....a Court Date before a judge?...nah...probably just too much to hope for...

Of course it's a 3 day weekend and I won't be able to call until Tuesday...sigh...

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #632 on: September 01, 2008, 09:25:49 am »
UGH! Don't you hate that?  You finally get something you have been waiting for forever and you have to wait.  I hope it is a court date.

Glad to hear the swelling went down in Katie's leg.

Have a nice Labor Day!

Offline rondrond

« Reply #633 on: September 03, 2008, 04:28:26 am »
UGH! Don't you hate that?  You finally get something you have been waiting for forever and you have to wait.  I hope it is a court date.

Glad to hear the swelling went down in Katie's leg.

Have a nice Labor Day!

Well, it was just an update on doctor visits....NO court date is in the near future...

I received a phone call from Sleep Link today. They will be doing the Sleep Study my Dr ordered last month.

She will send me directions in the mail. It will be in Hurst, which is a little drive, but probably not any farther than driving to the hospital.....just going in the opposite direction.

I don't know what to expect. Hoping it will be like a weekend getaway at a cheap Motel. So far, I just know that it will start at 9pm on Sept 9th, and I will be released at 5am.

Should prove interesting as I have my first Dental deep planing/cleaning scheduled at 1140am on that same day, and my EKG at 1pm on the day I'm released.

I hope I get a good nights sleep for them, as currently that Doxepin knocks me out for 12 hours, and then if I sit down, it's lights out for another 4 hours..will be glad when these bumps stop appearing in my hairline so I can stop the Doxepin.

But after waiting 5 months for appointments.....I guess I'll be shooting back shots of Espresso....

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline bear60

« Reply #634 on: September 03, 2008, 08:32:16 am »
I will be interested to hear how the sleep study goes.....as I have sleep "issues" as well. Good luck.

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #635 on: September 03, 2008, 02:05:38 pm »
Good Luck with all the appointments!  If I even had one shot of expresso, I would be wired for sound for days.

Offline rondrond

« Reply #636 on: September 05, 2008, 03:41:29 am »
I will be interested to hear how the sleep study goes.....as I have sleep "issues" as well. Good luck.

I don't know why, but this makes me nervous. I enjoy traveling and staying in hotels, but my dreams of a 'holiday'' atmosphere melted when I got this letter from Sleep Link today...

I associated with #3 the most...

Now I have to 'pack' for an eight hour nap...maybe I'll go to sleep while there...I usually don't go to sleep until 3am...awake at 9am...sleep again until 1pm....eat lunch and sleep again until 4pm...

According to Katie, it's a deep sleep and I don't wake up for nothing, even the phone ringing...

which, Katie had to take a message as I was sound asleep when the Dental Clinic called today and moved my appointment to the 8th instead of the 9th.

I had another outbreak of bumps on the back of my neck right in the hairline...large and painful, but they cleared up almost overnight...

I don't know if I will ever be off this Doxepin...

Lost 3 pounds...then when I weighed this afternoon, lost 10 pounds...the dang thing must be broken...or...I just don't see it,...still on the third hole of my belt...

Katie's edema has gone down a little, and the redness. There is a bump on her calf...we suspect another DVT...so back to the doctor she must go...

At least we can still bend her leg, but it still is warm to the touch, has a slight fever...

My DVT calf stays swollen all the time, (it looks like an upside down champagne bottle)...and is always warm, so I don't know....

I spent two hours of my 'awake' time, clearing vines off the fence between me and neighbor and rescuing a white blooming crepe myrtle from a sea of vines....

unfortunately, it is growing on neighbors side of the fence, but I am hoping of taking a cutting a trying to grow one for the front yard.

I have a crepe myrtle in the front corner that is pink, and it has bloomed profusely.  The front yard is pink from the wind and falling blossoms...

We're down to carnations, mums and ferns....I have them in a vase, and now..what do you do with those white baskets with the arched handle?....Katie goes.."oh, how pretty, for a vase"..I go..."girl..this just screams...FUNERAL"....

So it's in the garage...I took a lot of the ferns and stuck them in a planter....maybe they'll grow, maybe not...I'm weird...and sometimes lucky....sometimes I cam get a stick to sprout..idk.. surprise myself...

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline rondrond

« Reply #637 on: September 06, 2008, 02:42:52 am »
Mary, Mary,
Quite contrary,
How does your garden grow?...

Well, after a 13 hour sleep, in my 'awake' mode, I still satisfy my 'cardio' for the Dr and I have slowly been clearing a WALL of vines off a section of the fence...

HOORAY for those cordless clippers..they kinda slice through those vines. They had grown up into those trees.

these are my lisiopre Big Blue monkey grass...

and then the lantana

in some places they call lantana a weed, but I love it...it loves drought and takes no care at all and blooms all summer long.

Across the front yard along the fence are these plants that have just bloomed, and I have NO idea what they are called....

so lantana in one corner and the across the front mystery plants and then in the other corner is the crepe myrtle

It is very tall and has to fight for space with a pecan tree, oak tree, and a mulberry tree.....

the pecans are dropping and I have started a bucket for them, making my rounds...I have a pecan tree in the front yard, at the back door is a pecan tree growing on the fence line...so I only take the pecans that fall on my side....

The duplex has a pecan tree of all pecan trees, I have never seen such a huge tree, and since that don't mow their grass, I don't even think that they know there is a pecan tree back there...some of the branches hang over my yard so I get more pecans there...

And Mr Turtle is still in the back yard...but this turtle shell seems lighter than the turtle from 3 months ago...so I don't know if it is the same turtle...

These Mystery Plants have started showing up all over the place and I have NO idea what they are....maybe they'll bloom, or maybe, this is it....

they are in the flower beds....idk....when my dog was still alive she pretty much didn't allow too much to grow as she would patrol the fence line...so these are new to me....

I am lost..I don't know what to do....I broke my weedeater.... :(

the wire got caught on a piece of fence or something and it must have wrapped around and pulled the cover off..destroying the cover in the process..

Hopefully, Walmart will have a replacement....if not, there is the BIG MANS weedeater in the corner...it runs on an oil/gas mixture which frightens me....

mine is a cordless....wannabe weedeater....maybe I'll give the BIG one a try....I wonder if that gas/oil mixture comes pre mixed?....

I
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 02:50:54 am by rondrond »

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline bear60

« Reply #638 on: September 06, 2008, 09:46:53 am »
Ron
Summer flowers are beautiful. Good pictures too. I have fond memories of mixing oil into gasoline for the lawn mower.  Its been a long time tho, since here in Philadelphia I have a postage stamp backyard and have everything in pots pretty much.  I do have an OLD OLD brick sidewalk by my house and if I didnt pull grass and weeds it would look like a lawn......lol. 
With the approaching hurricane, I am considering bringing the plants in pots into the basement as I remember one other wind storm that left my backyard a mass of broken pottery.

Offline rondrond

« Reply #639 on: September 09, 2008, 02:34:36 am »
I went to the dentist today for 1 of 2  deep cleanings. I was terrified. The last time I was here, I lost a tooth... :D

The technician was a Chatty Cathy and talking up a storm. I could barely understand her as she had on enough protective headgear to protect her from ....me.. :-\

She was very friendly and right away remarked that I MUST have been born or grown up in the panhandle and drank well water.

I 'fessed up' that yup, I was a native Texan born and raised and born in Borger. She stopped what she was doing and stated that she too, had been born in Borger.

Of course, it was the same Hospitals as there is probably only one hospital there, and her father worked for Phillips 66 as had my father.

Ya know...life is so strange sometimes. This is the SECOND person I have met in the last 3 years who was born in Borger. The first was Tom, who not only was born in Borger, but on the same day as me, same hospital.....

..his father also worked for Phillips 66..it was a very strange beginning for our relationship that did not last long as he was very ill and died within 6 months.... :(

Well, after all that, she got busy in my mouth...she swabbed a topical solution over my gums for numbing which must have been some advanced scientific discovery...

...usually they are injecting with these long needles....well the swabbing did a very good job as I really did not feel any pain.....except for two spots....

I have two cavities... >:(  55 and now cavities develop....she remarked that I had good strong teeth, as most people born in mid Texas who drank well water....which was a problem...

...we have problems under the teeth that go unnoticed until it's too late to do anything but pull perfectly healthy teeth... ???

She consoled me by stating that IF I adhered to PROPER brushing and flossing AND coming to the dentist on a regular schedule..(NOT every 8 years  ::)) that she would help me not have to lose my teeth....

.....yes mam...

So she scraped and scraped and chatted away, but I only could understand small bits ....kinda like a radio that's not tuned to the station........

I have a dead tooth in the front that got smashed YEARS and years..and some more years ago....like when I was 16..

...West, Texas....in between Fort Worth and Waco....blink about 6 times and you pass it....but they have a swimming pool....HUGe and GRAND and BIG...and in the middle is a TOP that is anchored to the bottom...

You struggle to get to a ring around the top and you hang on and it spins.....if you lose your grip....off you go....

well, my step brother,  Bill Jr., decided to stand on top of the top and as it spun, stepping over and between the arms of those hanging on....

....misstepped and feel on top of a head...MINE....slamming my face into the surface...my two front teeth....well, it killed one of them....

....blink, blink...

oh yeah, well between that dead tooth and the next there is a space...she was scraping and chatting and I heard the words..root canal......chat,.chat.chat....???...??

I had the suction hose in my mouth...and had a grip on her arm...and then removing the hose....

..."what was that about root canal?"....so now I have two cavities and a root canal to look forward to...but...we're saving my teeth.... >:(

....a passing thought passes through...something about..".if it ain't broke, don't fix it"...and I must of had a sick look on my face as the receptionist took time from peering at the computer screen scanning for a date for my NEXT appointment and she says...

"it will be worse if you don't have it done.....believe me".. :D :D

Then the Tech comes up with a mirror and an armload of dental things...floss, fluoride in a bottle..cinnamon flavored...a toothbrush....(she told me to get an electric one...soon)., ..I looked at the mirror and she said "oh...that's for now..take a look"...

...and I suddenly felt ...'.loved'....looking at my WHITE, healthy looking teeth and gums.... ;D

So, I have to go back tomorrow morning for phase two.....more scraping, but not too much...she stated that she had gotten a LOT of it today...and then those cavities/root canal OCT 15th.

On the way home, I stopped at Ace Hardware, trying to find a replacement cap for my weed eater...they didn't have it....

...to The Lawn and Garden spot in River Oaks....the don't carry parts for Black & Decker...was referred to the Black/Decker specialty shop on I-20 and Beach which is on the other side of town....

...so instead I went home and will go there tomorrow...

...went to sleep...woke up at 6pm and it was RAINING....which pleased the punch out of Katie....(she pays the water bill)...stating"oh, it' been raining, so you won't need to water the yard"..

I opened the door anyway stating...."it might not have rained enough".... :D

« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 02:36:34 am by rondrond »

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline bear60

« Reply #640 on: September 09, 2008, 08:53:38 am »
Dont you just love it when they give you all that "free" stuff at the end of a dental appointment.

Offline rondrond

« Reply #641 on: September 11, 2008, 03:58:04 am »
My second trip to the dentist. More scraping. Turns out that I don't need a Root Canal. Apparently, while in an inverted reclined position in the dental chair, all the blood rushed to my head and upon standing...I was a little confused...

She was stating what could happen if I don't follow the program of 'Good Hygiene'....

I also don't have 2 cavities, but two spots on one tooth, so will only need one filling...

Excellent....

Got home and passed out on the couch. Then I had my Sleep study at 845pm. I shaved and showered and packed a bag with two books and a pillow and some wash cloths and extra underwear.....in case  anything 'untowards' should occur.... ::) Last week I've only had to change underwear twice a day....

It was getting dark and I had gogled mapsco and found it 'somewhere' behind Northeast Mall in Hurst. I used to travel this road on the way to the airport when I worked for AA, so had a general idea of where to go...

I was nervous about driving at night also as my eyesight hasn't been up to par lately and I haven't done any night driving in months....but there was NO PROBLEM...I can still drive day and night... :D

There was a moment there with those tiny little numbers on street signs, turned to the side so you can't see them unless you're right in front of them.... ???

but I finally pulled over in a strip mall and got an address and deducted that I was only 5 blocks away....

There was only one car in the parking lot, and I was a little concerned for the safety of my truck..

The attendant was in the back somewhere and I had opened the door that did not have these wind chimes on them, so I batted them to let her know I was there...

Had to fill out a questionnaire ....EIGHT pages of the thing...some 'yes', 'no', ...some of the ,' never', 'sometimes', 'frequently',' always'...a lot did not pertain to me, so I just said "NO'...some I just downright guessed on....

My biggest problem was in determining if my sleep problems are from, HIV, depression, DVT, pain, meds....or all of the above....which most of the questions were geared, it seemed to finding outside influences...

she showed me my room....y'all, I just went with the flow.....in for a dime, in for a dollar...the furniture was CHEAP...looked like it had been purchased from Thrift Town, or the occasional bargain you find at the curb....

It seemed clean enough....the attendant was friendly....I needed this test to satisfy doctor and hopefully future life events....such as Disability Determination....(the more medical the better)...

So,, I got over that it wasn't the Waikiki Grand in Hawaii, and let her hook me up to these probes....lots of wires....some kind of sticky gel...

...right in the middle of my forehead above my eyes...on each side of my eyes, chest, on each leg....then she started poking around in my hair....so...yes...about three globs of goo and probes on top of my head and on the back, and on the sides...I wasn't happy about it....but there I was...

...plugged all this in to a box, did a system check and I laid back and opened my book...with only a table lamp..(some piece of wood that looked like Jeannie's bottle and a burlap shade...very dark...

..gave up on the book after one paragraph, emptied my mind by envisioning the wind and surf on the beach at Waikiki, and passed out.

Awoke to a dark room, ....she had snuck in and turned off the lamp....and lay there watching dark swirls in the dark....no TV, no radio, no light....no computer...no clock....

so I spent the night, between wakefulness and passing out...

finally 430 am. I was scheduled for 9pm to 5am. She opened the door and seeing I was awake, asked if I needed anything..."yes. the bathroom"..so she unhooked me....

hooked back up, waited for the final thirty minutes..and then, lights up, and removed the probes.

...I asked."well, how did I do?..did I snore?"....and she said.."oh yeah, and that she would probably see me again as I had had several 'events'...an event being defined as I had stopped breathing.....

.and those blobs in my hair were ...solidified. like chewing gum, if you've ever gone to sleep with gum in your mouth and woke up to the mystery of the missing gum....and then a trendsetting 'chunky' haircut from cutting it out of your hair.....

had to complete a survey of my 'experience'....and went home....

..passed out until Jessie showed up at 9am and ..ugh....this after sleeping all night...amazing that I still craved sleep...

back to sleep until 11am and then I hit the shower to wash that goo out of my hair for...

my appointment at JPS for my EKG at 1pm.....I've never had one before, and it was 'fun'....I got to see my heart and this flap and it was in black and white...so all I saw was this image with a flap, so I had to ask "is it empty?...I don't see any blood in there"...

..."oh, yeah. there's blood'"....I couldn't get anything out of her as to the condition of my heart or what was going on with the old ticker....and I was being very charming....

So, I got home and called my case worker, Paula, who was so glad I did as I am apparently some kind of guinea pig for these services I've been getting as there had been a change in systems and stuff, and they didn't know if JPS would take a referral from them for these procedures,  and now they know....so they can start sending others....

now, I get to wait for my next appointment with Dr D to get my 3 month labs on the 26th..

« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 04:14:38 am by rondrond »

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline bear60

« Reply #642 on: September 11, 2008, 08:53:22 am »
hmmmmmmmmmmm  "events"  huh.... ok. You were not aware you were having "events"?  Its pretty standard fare with sleep apnea...my Dad had "events" while he slept.  I have "events." And...a friend who has "events" is now on some oxygen thingy that makes him breath while sleeping.
I hope you get it sorted out,.

Offline rondrond

« Reply #643 on: September 14, 2008, 04:52:11 am »
hmmmmmmmmmmm  "events"  huh.... ok. You were not aware you were having "events"?  Its pretty standard fare with sleep apnea...my Dad had "events" while he slept.  I have "events." And...a friend who has "events" is now on some oxygen thingy that makes him breath while sleeping.
I hope you get it sorted out,.

This is a new development that just started last month. I started having dreams that I was under water and trying to get to the surface....and waking up just as I broke the surface...gasping for air...

I just thoughtI was having bad dreams....

Then Katie brought up that I would stop breathing.....

She has the same problem and has been on oxygen for 3 years. It's only when she is sleeping.
'I don't know what's going to come of it as JPS, though they did the test, won't supply the mask or oxygen.

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline rondrond

« Reply #644 on: September 14, 2008, 05:27:21 am »
This has been a strange week, working itself into a strange month and it all revolves around 'loss'...

My Aunt, Step-Father, and I have a friend who lives in Ohio whose brother passed away this afternoon. He had cancer and we have been in close communication for the past week, resolving issues.

Of course, Life insisted on stepping in....the roofers showed up, not to fix the roof, but to place a tarp over the affected area because of the expected rain this weekend...and...they'll be back...

Mom has been busy cleaning house and one thing I'm 'inheriting',  Zero Turn lawn mower, has to somehow fit into my garage....which means that I have to do some special cleaning/organizing....

McKayla has her 5th birthday coming up...I got a catalog that has these bean bags for kids..there's a pink one with ponies on it...she has really gotten interested in a pony since Robert bought those horses and keeps insisting that she wants a pony...

*good luck with that , mom & dad*..aaahhh..the joys of children that aren't yours.... :D

McKayla has also become a cheerleader for the PeeWee Little leagues... ???...boy, I don't remember cheerleaders until high school....

...and through all this, this thought keeps passing through as I trudge to the bedroom to take my handful of pills, stomp on a numb leg and feet as I cook our Heart Smart meals,... why?...

ok,,,I am taking meds and getting health..ier....for what?
what am I fighting for? i reach this goal of undetectable and then what?

as leatherman brought up in another post..how am I going to fill my hours of wakefulness?

no answer....

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline rondrond

« Reply #645 on: September 20, 2008, 01:08:44 am »
What a week that was...

I've been 'dealing' with Mom. Who is this woman? She has injured her knee somehow and somewhen and refuses to address it..

I get my little sister Terry involved by buzzing in Katie's ear, who buzzes in Terry's ear who then calls me....we have a rather strange system of communicating as little sister has only just started accepting me as I am....

However, being the 'baby' she has certain rights. This means that she can broach subjects with Mom and get an answer. Katie, has hers, I have mine, and then we have to meet and put it all together.

So, I am helping Mom around the house. She is pulling out all of JW's clothes and they are coming my way. So I am trying on jackets and shirts as she is going through this 'letting go' and remembering and
grieving in her own way.

Robert and I caravan one day because he has these marvelous metal folding thingies called a ramp...works wonderfully at getting the riding lawn mowers in our respective trucks. He is a mechanic for Pit Boys and states they cost (or he can get them) for $150.00.

So he is getting the Cub Cadet and I am getting the Zero Turn. leaving a push mower. I also get a weed eater that is on two wheels and has a shield and the wire in front....and I start coming down from the initial Christmas Rush and..

...what are you going to use around the house?  Response:... She has hired a yard service and ain't doing yard work anymore. ....OK....but I notice that though the grass is mowed, it is not edged and the hedges could use some work and there are some crepe myrtles on either side of the bay window that have grown up into the eaves....

*make a mental note to self to come over and trim*.....Mom has been hobbling for some time now.
like last year when I first got injured....and I have never heard of a doctors visit for Mom...everything was for JW...

So I enter the 'none of your business' realm and gently ask if she has seen a doctor about her knee?..."oh yeah...she has an appointment next week.

Knowing I will never get a straight answer...I tell Katie, who calls Terry, who call me and I tell her how bad she is limping.

So, my little sister Terry pulls out her big stick and approaches the bee hive ( Mom) and calls and gives it a knock and cringes....after the bees settle, finds out that Mom does not like the doctors that JW went to and doesn't have a doctor.

So, Terry gets a list and Mom has another tiny fit...so Terry goes ahead and selects one and makes an appointment..next week.

A notice from the Marina about the boat and something about docking fees not paid....GREAT.....so we forgot about the boat...Mom states that she might as well sell it...JW's son, ED.  has expressed that he will come and clean it up and take it to Marble Falls (where he lives) and sell it for her.

Jw had a Ford 150. It is sitting in the driveway and one of the front tires is getting low. I don't think it has been driven since they sold the ranch.

The rumors on that situation are still going as I gently mentioned what she was going to do with it and I thought that she was going to take it and her Yukon and trade them in and get something smaller...they are both behemoths and cause me to faint at the gas pumps....

Then, Katie states that Mom told her that Ed was going to take it when he came and got the boat and clean out the wood shop in the garage...hmm....

So Terry is still trying to find out about is he 'taking' the truck or selling it for Mom also?"......

In the meantime, back at Springer Ave..I made it to the Lawn Mower shop on River Oaks Blvd...this manly man tok that Ryobi from me and gave it a twist and off it came in his manly hands..

Then he showed me how to thread it and they DO have the oil/gas mixed already in the can....for less that what a gallon of gas cost at the pump....(getting a conceived bargain always makes it a brighter day)

...I have been slowly cutting Trumpeter Vines from the fence and trees..if you have never experienced trumpeter vines. let me tell you a story from a gardening forum:

"Ya talk about invasive plants, the plant crept through my bedroom window one night, and wrapped its tendrils around my feet! I awoke when it began dragging me out the window. My sister called 911 and the cops expended 100 rounds of.45 caliber ammo just to subdue that sucker. Finally an EMT threw a chain around the back bumper of the ambulance and hooked onto one of the vines. When the chain tightened up it ripped the bumper off the truck, and the vine swallowed the whole thing, chain, bumper and license plate! Be careful where you plant that thing"

Either, I must have found the poison ivy as I have these whelps with blisters on my right forearm, wrist, knee, inner thigh and right side,,,OR,, I am experiencing my fourth bout of shingles brought on by...

MOM....she is not wanting to go the doctor. She is afraid that they might do knee surgery....which would place her at the tender mercy of her three children....MUA ha ha....

So, I have been rubbing on this cream from Dr D and the redness and itching has almost gone, the blisters have crusted...I am just sooo pretty....

..and miserable...and wishing this wasn't happening.

..and those mystery plants?...the consensus was that they are violets and for the first time in ten years, they have an opportunity to bloom.....there are these buds and I am hovering over them with my camera just waiting for the blessed event....

I called in a Rx refill on Tuesday and after today's mail run and still no meds....called. The girl got flustered and stated that I had tried to renew too early...((.>BULL TACOS<))...they were refilled on the 4th, today is the 19th and there are thirty and I take two a day....no too early about it...

Then she led me through a different garden gate explaining that the hurricane was causing delays on approvals from Austin...o>0  well, that sounded plausible...

so now I have to wait until Monday.....which I will officially be 'on empty' that day...so will have to not have it mailed but make a trip to town...(gotta stay 'compliant')

Katie got her 'supplies' today, and I took the boxes before they got broken down. JW had a LOT of underwear and socks and things that I thought I would take to the Samaritan House.

Well, I looked up Samaritan house and they have moved. Not only have they moved, but they are now called The Village of Samaritan House. An entire apartment complex, very nice. But, I don't know how to give donations to a complex. ..will have to call AOC.

I really wish I could stop itching and oozing. I could probably think clearer.

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline bear60

« Reply #646 on: September 21, 2008, 04:11:53 pm »
Ron
I tried several times yesterday to reply to your latest post and was timed out or some such thing. I was going to make a silly comment on trumpet vine by posting pictures and links to Little Shop of Horrors.....the movie and musical.  Nothing went thru...the picture was too big and when I tried posting just the link I was given a blank page after 5 minutes of waiting.
I hope your Mom takes the doctor route and gets her knee fixed.  Tell her it wont hurt anymore and she wil be able to walk normally.
Hope you had a nice weekend.
Joel

Offline rondrond

« Reply #647 on: September 28, 2008, 12:07:05 am »
Ron
I tried several times yesterday to reply to your latest post and was timed out or some such thing. I was going to make a silly comment on trumpet vine by posting pictures and links to Little Shop of Horrors.....the movie and musical.  Nothing went thru...the picture was too big and when I tried posting just the link I was given a blank page after 5 minutes of waiting.
I hope your Mom takes the doctor route and gets her knee fixed.  Tell her it wont hurt anymore and she wil be able to walk normally.
Hope you had a nice weekend.
Joel

Hi Joel,

Mom's new doctor is a woman, and she likes her and has a whole list of appointments for things she has neglected due to taking care of JW... ..the plight of a caretaker....they are so busy taking care of others, they forget to take care of themselves....

It appears that I not only have Poison Ivy but Poison Oak.

While the itching has toned down somewhat, I am.....swollen....

..my hands, and arms are ...plump.... and all these bumps and scratches and red circles....my inner thigh to my groin is the worst...

the blister have gone...yay

I developed a dry cough and they are suspect that I may have inhaled the damn stuff as when you mow and weed eat it throws it up in the air...fortunately, the hacking slowed down this morning and I haven't coughed all day...

..and I still don't know what it looks like...

I've pulled up thousands of photos online and none of them looks like anything in the back yard.....

I need a botanist to take me by the hand and point at it and say "There it is"....

There is also a problem with my Warfarin level in my body...it's not right...and I am being monitored like when I first started taking warfarin in the hospital...

...now I know why....

http://www.everydayhealth.com/publicsite/news/view.aspx?id=619684&cen=--ALL--&pd=09/24/2008&xid=nl_EverydayHealthHealthyAging_20080927

...Katie's visiting nurse is also coming by more frequently to check her levels which have not been in range either.

So, I've been lying down and reading....got two books under my belt...Terry Pratchett's (Soul Music and Night Watch)...I just love Terry Pratchett...thank goodness I saw a list of his books that I still haven't read...

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline denb45

« Reply #648 on: September 28, 2008, 09:32:24 am »
Hey Ronnie I'm glad your doing OK, and I do hope that you get to the bottom of your health problems   ;D
have you considered a Gardener, to come once a month to do the yard work, not a bad idea, if you can afford it (shouldn't be that expensive) who knows you may be able to find some young buck  ;D to come and do it for you, I'd ask around and see? If I lived in your lo-cal I'd come over and do it for FREE  :D
« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 09:41:17 am by denb45 »

Offline bear60

« Reply #649 on: September 28, 2008, 12:28:40 pm »
Hi Ron

Oh no! The dreaded poison ivey.  I live in fear of that stuff. It likes to grow along fences and will climb trees as I remember it.  Yes, indeed, find someone who can identify it and have them point it out! Doesnt have to be a botanist!
I'm glad your Mom is doing well.

Joel

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.