Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:14:43 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773305
  • Total Topics: 66349
  • Online Today: 662
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 593
Total: 594

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Trials and Tribulations of an Old Poz Queen  (Read 540773 times)

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
Re: Trials and Tribulations of an Old Poz Queen
« Reply #550 on: August 06, 2008, 03:17:35 pm »
Wow , that's some wheel chair . If it had a bucket , a pooper scooper and a barbecue grill included I just might go for that myself .

I'd go camping in that thing, looks like there is room for at least 2 in the back to sleep  ;D
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline rondrond

• 22 years HIV+ yet a yard could be the death of me
« Reply #551 on: August 08, 2008, 01:07:29 am »
Well, JW has not been moved back to Kindred Rehabilitation. His Doctors state that he has had another stroke. A small one. ???

He can't swallow his food or any liquid so he is on intravenous feeding. He body is still not producing blood so he is being given blood infusions. Mom states that he perked up after the first infusion today. His pain medicine prevents him from speaking coherently. After the first blood infusion today he was able to talk a little. He mostly talked about needing more pain medicine.. :-\

If he continues to not be able to swallow, there has been talk of a feeding tube in his stomach. He and Mom have had some discussions when he has been lucid, and she is pretty sure that he will not agree to a feeding tube, that he will pretty much consider that as the end....

I think that she has resigned herself that he is not going to be coming home....

I had a Dr appointment today. As I was signing in, there was no one at the reception window. Then some strange girl came up and looked up my name and stated that I was not scheduled today. O.O

I did NOT believe her as I had looked at the appointment card several times since yesterday through this morning not wanting a repeat of my unscheduled visit to Viola Pitts Center...and she is "blah blah blahing .....you can wait to see if the next appointment doesn't come in or come in tomorrow"....o.0

If I showed her my appointment card, they could take me right away....ya know...ugh...that card was sitting on the desk right by the phone....I had not brought it, and I got...irritated...so I got snippity and snipped at her that I would go home and get the card, to get my chart out and ready as I would be back and I DID have an appointment today....

So, I got my card and 'SHOWED HER' ...and was taken in right away....ridiculous  And the regular girl comes out and asks whats wrong, and I say."YOU forgot to put me in the computer"..and I kept getting apologies all over the place, except from the one person I wanted one from....
that strange girl.....

So, I STILL weigh 262, haven't gained and haven't lost.... >:(  Blood pressure was 145/84. Dr D has now added another pill..Lisinopril 10mg  Another pill and I'm exercising and eating right....I might as well have stayed on my old diet...

Then, we got on my list...
Ears are still ringing....not able to determine cause or how to stop it...

PN.....my toes on both feet are still numb and the bottom of my feet feel like they are bruised. Doing my Sit and be Fit, there is an exercise where you put a small squishy ball under your foot roll from heel to toe...

I couldn't do it for the pain it caused...from a small SQUISHY ball...

my fingers, hand and arms sometimes feel that I have stuck my finger in an electric socket....so Dr D has upped my Gabapentin to 600mgs twice a day

RASHES...showed her the red lines on my belly, and the spots behind my knees and know I have a new pill...Doxepin 10mg/once a day at bedtime.
now, this is where I get real confused as the bottle label states that it is for itching....the insert from the pharmacy states that is is to treat mental/mood problems..o.o  and that if you take it at bedtime, it will reduce daytime sleepiness....wtf

We did discuss my sleep habits and I told her that Katie has to wake me up in the evening to take my meds and that she stated that I snored and stopped breathing.....so...

Dr D is working up a referral for me to take a sleep study test for sleep apnea.... ??? things are getting crazy....I want to return to normalcy, not the past, but some form of normalcy,  and I might wind up playing Darth Vader at night...I'm feeling like JW...I don't think I want to participate.... :-\

"I'm not done yet"....Glen Campbell

"I may not be exactly where I want to be, but I sure as Hell am not where I was"
Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

04jul07/DVT-right leg/Bi Lateral PE's     
16oct08/DVT-left leg
Aug09 Diagnosed: COPD

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline rondrond

« Reply #552 on: August 08, 2008, 09:41:10 am »
I was standing there, in front of all of these bottles of pills that I have put in a certain order so that I can try and remember what's what, and I'm holding this new hard yellow little pill called Doxepin and all I could think of was...

...the disparity in the bottle label and the pharmacy insert and my brain screamed at me to stop and NOT take it...

I was absolutely TERRIFIED...Katie was stating that I needed it....Katie is on all kinds of anti depressants and all I could think of was what she acted like when she didn't have them..(medicaid can play some cruel games on you sometimes) ...a completely, irrational, total BITCH FROM HELL..who couldn't function at home or  in the outside world until she got her anti depressants...

...either running that wheelchair around in circles or staying in bed under covers, wailing and crying, crying crying...as though making up for all the tears she can't cry when on this thing she is on that is so good that it won't let you cry...

I was standing there, in front of all of these bottles of pills that I have put in a certain order so that I can remember what's what, and I'm holding this new hard yellow little pill called Doxepin and all I could think of was...

...the disparity in the bottle label and the pharmacy insert and my brain screamed at me to stop and NOT take it...

..and I was paralyzed and couldn't move....I put the pill back in the bottle...

was surfing the web, and decided to look it up and according to Wikopedia, Doxepin is a bad ass anti depressant and lists a lot of things that I am feeling...but do not remember me and Dr D specifically talking about as needing to be addressed through medication....

Then 'WIK' stated that when used in a cream, was for itching.....???....did the pharmacy maybe misunderstand her and gave me a pill instead of the cream?.....even though I am sort of experiencing the symptoms for both the pill and the cream?.......

My LORD....I have never been so confused...I feel sick like I might have started down a road that I would not be able to ever get off...just like my decision to first take meth....and

...I'm now waiting for the Doctors office to open so I can call and get some clarification here....is this a multipurpose wonder pill?.....

I'm also worried about taking the Lisinopril....when I first started on the Atenolol....I asked if this was going to be a lifetime thing, and was told that when my blood pressure was under control that it could be discontinued....

Now here's another pill....I feel like all my years of being clean and avoiding drugs were in vain...

maybe I do need this Doxepin pill.....and cream...

the clock is just dragging....

"I may not be exactly where I want to be, but I sure as Hell am not where I was"
Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline denb45

« Reply #553 on: August 08, 2008, 10:58:29 am »
I was standing there, in front of all of these bottles of pills that I have put in a certain order so that I can try and remember what's what, and I'm holding this new hard yellow little pill called Doxepin and all I could think of was...

I was absolutely TERRIFIED...Katie was stating that I needed it....Katie is on all kinds of anti depressants and all I could think of was what she acted like when she didn't have them..(medicaid can play some cruel games on you sometimes) ...a completely, irrational, total BITCH FROM HELL..who couldn't function at home or  in the outside world until she got her anti depressants...

...either running that wheelchair around in circles or staying in bed under covers, wailing and crying, crying crying...as though making up for all the tears she can't cry when on this thing she is on that is so good that it won't let you cry...

I was standing there, in front of all of these bottles of pills that I have put in a certain order so that I can remember what's what, and I'm holding this new hard yellow little pill called Doxepin and all I could think of was...

..and I was paralyzed and couldn't move....I put the pill back in the bottle...

was surfing the web, and decided to look it up and according to Wikopedia, Doxepin is a bad ass anti depressant and lists a lot of things that I am feeling...but do not remember me and Dr D specifically talking about as needing to be addressed through medication....

Then 'WIK' stated that when used in a cream, was for itching.....???....did the pharmacy maybe misunderstand her and gave me a pill instead of the cream?.....even though I am sort of experiencing the symptoms for both the pill and the cream?.......

My LORD....I have never been so confused...I feel sick like I might have started down a road that I would not be able to ever get off...just like my decision to first take meth....and

...I'm now waiting for the Doctors office to open so I can call and get some clarification here....is this a multipurpose wonder pill?.....

I'm also worried about taking the Lisinopril....when I first started on the Atenolol....I asked if this was going to be a lifetime thing, and was told that when my blood pressure was under control that it could be discontinued....

Now here's another pill....I feel like all my years of being clean and avoiding drugs were in vain...

maybe I do need this Doxepin pill.....and cream...

the clock is just dragging....

I don't like ANY KIND of anti-depressants, I use to take PROZAC about 10 yrs. ago, found out, that I wasn't depressed at all, when i took the prozac, I felt like I wanted to jump of a freeway-crossing, and just end it all, it didn't feel right to me, so, i went back to my old doctor back then, I told him, so, he took me OFF the Prozac, and said: " if it makes you feel like that" ( killing yourself) then prozac isn't for you? he wanted to put me on some other anti-depressants, but I DECLINED, and since then, I will not touch ANY anti-depressants EVER! not even if my life dependded on it ??? anti-depressants aren't for everyone one, they most certainly weren't for me............. ??? about the only real thing that helps me from feeling depressed, is ,I work-out everyday (7 days a week) I bike 10 miles, and weight train, I have been doing this for the last 5 yrs. and I feel GREAT, infact I feel like I've done something BAD, whan I don't workout everyday, now, I do understand, that you cannot do that, and that everyone isn't made that way, (due to being in pain or whatever) so, I guess I'm just lucky that way ;D, but, if you can get passed the pain, (and most of us passed the age of 50 know what I'm taking about) you should at least try to work-out everyday, anything is better than NOTHING at all, and, it sure couldn't hurt any........... ;D
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 11:10:39 am by denb45 »
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline rondrond

« Reply #554 on: August 08, 2008, 11:48:03 am »
Prozac is what Katie is on and she is fine as long as she has it. Sometimes, circumstances have happened in the past when she ran out and it was like 'in the mail' .....Lord help ME....she was intolerable....

When I read:

I Doxepin is in a class of drugs called tricyclic antidepressants. It works by affecting chemicals in the brain that may become unbalanced and cause depression.

Doxepin is used to relieve symptoms of depression and anxiety such as feelings of sadness, worthlessness, or guilt, as well as loss of interest in daily activities, changes in appetite, tiredness, sleeping too much, insomnia, and thoughts of death or suicide. 

I sort of freaked out. The only thing I could relate to were the sleeping too much and insomnia....maybe a loss of interest in daily activities...as for the rest, I do not have those thought....

I don't remember discussing taking anti depressants in our discussion and am still waiting for Doctor to call me back..The answering service did take my message,....

..it does state that it is used for itching...but when used in a cream....I'm hoping that the pharmacy misunderstood.....

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #555 on: August 08, 2008, 01:00:52 pm »
Hi Ronnie
I don't blame you for wanting to wait and find out . The last thing most of us need is an unnecessary pill added to the pile we already have to take .

I also agree with denb45 , antidepressants aren't for every body . I know people that they have helped tremendously , others like me not so much .

I went through a time of horrible depression that lasted years and tried most every antidepressant out there . They made me sick or more manic than if left untreated .
My Doctor put me on trazadone to help me sleep after detoxing from prescription pain killers and told me that it was mostly used these days to help people sleep better and rarely as an antidepressant . After one week on trazadone I have not been depressed since .

I'm not sure if my depression just ran its course or if trazadone did the trick but I now feel like my old self again , I had lost all hope of ever feeling better before this .

As for my pain that was a part of my life for many years , its manageable now . I'm one of the lucky ones that was able to work out 5 times a week and get through the pain to a better place . I still battle fatigue and some days need an afternoon nap .       
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 02:31:26 pm by jg1962 »
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline denb45

« Reply #556 on: August 08, 2008, 01:55:02 pm »
Hi Ronnie
I don't blame you for wanting to wait and find out . The last thing most of us need is an unnecessary pill added to the pile we already have to take .

I also agree with denb45 , antidepressants aren't for every body . I know people that they have helped tremendously , others like me not so much .

I went through a time of horrible depression that lasted years and tried most every antidepressant out there . They made me sick or more manic than if left untreated .
My Doctor put me on trazadone to help me sleep after detoxing from prescription pain killers and told me that it was mostly used these days to help people sleep better and rarely as an antidepressant . After one week on trazadone I have not been depressed since .

I'm not sure if my depression just ran its course or if trazadone did the trick but I now feel lie my old self again , I had lost all hope of ever feeling better before this .

As for my pain that was a part of my life for many years , its manageable now . I'm one of the lucky ones that was able to work out 5 times a week and get through the pain to a better place . I still battle fatigue and some days need an afternoon nap .       

Yep, me too, I still battle fatigue, some pain and, diarrhea, some days need an afternoon nap, but that's all part of having AIDS and being disabled
and there isn't anything I can really do to change any of that  ;D so, I'm in a very good place w/ all of this...............

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #557 on: August 08, 2008, 09:24:50 pm »
Gosh you spend an evening at Parklands ER and the next day sleeping off the morphine they gave you and you miss so much.

Sorry to hear about JW.

I just wanted to tell you guys your posts made me giggle. The chicken breast kitty, feeding the dog certs, dogs rolling on dead things.

Loved the wheelchairs. Its been several years since we have looked at them. My boyfriend and I have been caretakers for a few older fellas. One who has passed now had Parkinsons. The one he currently manages is paralysed.
He is just a mean rotten old guy LOL I saved the links in my favorites in case he ever wants to get out of bed for more than 30 minutes and maybe he would buy himself some transportation. You never know.

Offline rondrond

« Reply #558 on: August 09, 2008, 06:36:24 am »
Gosh you spend an evening at Parklands ER and the next day sleeping off the morphine they gave you and you miss so much.

Sorry to hear about JW.

I just wanted to tell you guys your posts made me giggle. The chicken breast kitty, feeding the dog certs, dogs rolling on dead things.

Loved the wheelchairs. Its been several years since we have looked at them. My boyfriend and I have been caretakers for a few older fellas. One who has passed now had Parkinsons. The one he currently manages is paralysed.
He is just a mean rotten old guy LOL I saved the links in my favorites in case he ever wants to get out of bed for more than 30 minutes and maybe he would buy himself some transportation. You never know.

Young Lady....what were you doing in ER at Parkland?   ..and on morphine, to boot?....

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline rondrond

« Reply #559 on: August 09, 2008, 06:53:28 am »
So,....Katie woke me up to take my 6pm meds. This will be the first day to take two Gabapentin. I took one this morning. now this evening.

...then Katie woke me up at 7pm stating that our shows were starting...

..Katie woke me up at 8pm.....we haven't eaten...

Decided to go with the benefit of Doxepin of reducing daytime sleepiness as the Gabapentin is kicking my butt....

So, I forced myself to stay up and hurriedly watered my patch of grass....

Showered and cooked dinner. While cooking dinner, I noticed that I was feeling...dizzy.

Then I felt like I had taken some bad meth. High, but no initial rush and  no burst of energy....

Every pain in my body intensified....focused..."I'm right here, take a marker and..."X"  marks the spot....

After eating, I couldn't see the computer screen, then, I could focus the letters, but couldn't read, because I couldn't stay focused...then my eyes wanted to close...real bad....I started nodding out...Katie woke me up....

..system shut down...
Katie woke me up

"meltdown"...
Katie woke me up

Katie woke me up

'..."STOP that, leave me alone..." ."you're falling out of that chair and you stopped breathing"....

Katie woke me up

gave up and hit the couch......

woke up at 5am.  I don't feel high anymore, but kind of sleepy/groggy...

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #560 on: August 09, 2008, 11:43:48 am »
Young Lady....what were you doing in ER at Parkland?   ..and on morphine, to boot?....

Essentially waisting my time. Aside from getting the CT I had scheduled later in the month out of the way they really didn't help me.

Getting the CT done was worth it I suppose.

Good grief, I just read the Gabapentin story. Dont fall out on us mr.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 11:45:53 am by Winiroo »

Offline rondrond

« Reply #561 on: August 10, 2008, 02:19:28 am »
Well, I took my 6am meds and went to the grocery store. I have been awake all day....well, until 4pm. I had to lie down and elevate my leg. WalMart wore me out. I thought I would be there early enough to miss the crowds....hah....

,,bought a new mouse for the computer as Katie was complaining about the old one...(It's hardly a year old) She must have worn it our playing Pogo....
There was only one that did not require batteries....

..though I did check the wireless ones out, in the end, all I could think of was those batteries and the luck we have of them going dead at the most inopportune moments....

This one also does tricks, such as magnifies,...oohhh...aaahhh..and will show every window I have open at the same time..(window in a window. 8)

Then we watched some recorded TV that I had fallen asleep on last night....took my 6pm meds...without the Doxepin....I will take that when I'm ready to go to sleep. Can't wait to see if I have the same reaction I did last night.....all I know is that I did stay awake until 4pm..

The increased dosage of Gabapentin has stopped the bruised feeling in the bottom of my feet, but my toes remain numb....

Katie woke me up at 630pm to take my meds...and though I wanted to go back to sleep, instead I went outside and watered my patch of grass....
The front yard is looking pretty green now and the Irises are starting to get ready for their second blooming....

I think that after they have bloomed. I will transplant the Dutch Irises to the front yard and move some Stargazer Lilies to the back....the Lantana is blooming and I am going to plant cuttings of Lantana in the urns on the front porch....

The Lantana in the front yard is orange and yellow...in the back yard is multi colored....and not growing as everything got whacked by the electric company. But, I'm hopeful that it will grow back...

« Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 02:23:23 am by rondrond »

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline rondrond

« Reply #562 on: August 10, 2008, 02:26:13 am »
Essentially waisting my time. Aside from getting the CT I had scheduled later in the month out of the way they really didn't help me.

Getting the CT done was worth it I suppose.

Good grief, I just read the Gabapentin story. Dont fall out on us mr.

Wait a minute...A CT does not require morphine....

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline denb45

« Reply #563 on: August 10, 2008, 11:42:41 am »
Wait a minute...A CT does not require morphine....

Next month I'm having a colonoscopy, and I have to STARVE for about 12 to 14 hrs. and drink this GOD AWFUL WHITE STUFF called GOLYTELY,   I hope they give me some good DRUGS.....perhaps some MORPHINE  ;D......OH YEAH! I'm gonna ask for as much as they can give me.Tee Hee!
anyone here ever had one before (where they put this camera up your ass)...my ID Doctor said that I'm gonna be 52, and that if I've never had one I should, it will most likey be the LAST one I'll ever have, so my Doctor tells me  ???
« Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 11:46:43 am by denb45 »

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #564 on: August 10, 2008, 12:34:43 pm »

I have had it done a couple of times , Its not that bad because they sedate you .
The last time I had one I was detoxing from methadone , so I begged them not to give me any pain medicine or sedate me .

They told me that it would be to painfull to insert the camera . I asked to see the camera and then told them that I thought I could handle it . They looked at me as if I were insane asked me to sign a form , the next thing I knew I was waking up and it was all done .

HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline rondrond

« Reply #565 on: August 10, 2008, 12:34:50 pm »
Next month I'm having a colonoscopy, and I have to STARVE for about 12 to 14 hrs. and drink this GOD AWFUL WHITE STUFF called GOLYTELY,   I hope they give me some good DRUGS.....perhaps some MORPHINE  ;D......OH YEAH! I'm gonna ask for as much as they can give me.Tee Hee!
anyone here ever had one before (where they put this camera up your ass)...my ID Doctor said that I'm gonna be 52, and that if I've never had one I should, it will most likey be the LAST one I'll ever have, so my Doctor tells me  ???

I've never had a camera go up there....I probably wouldn't need anything for any 'pain'. ::)

Might bring some flowers and a box of chocolates and ask for a kiss first... ::)

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline rondrond

« Reply #566 on: August 10, 2008, 12:36:27 pm »
anyone here ever had one before (where they put this camera up your ass)...

I have had it done a couple of times , Its not that bad because they sedate you .
The last time I had one I was detoxing from methadone , so I begged them not to give me any pain medicine or sedate me .

They told me that it would be to painfull to insert the camera . I asked to see the camera and then told them that I thought I could handle it . They looked at me as if I were insane asked me to sign a form , the next thing I knew I was waking up and it was all done .

"and then I told them that I thought I could handle it"  ;D ;D

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #567 on: August 10, 2008, 12:38:25 pm »
I've never had a camera go up there....I probably wouldn't need anything for any 'pain'. ::)

Might bring some flowers and a box of chocolates and ask for a kiss first... ::)

You would probably just ask the cute doctor to ignore the roses and read the card .  :D
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline denb45

« Reply #568 on: August 10, 2008, 12:43:07 pm »

Oh Ronnie...........you're my kinda MAN  ;D......love the chocolates and the kiss...........how sweet of you  :P

Offline denb45

« Reply #569 on: August 10, 2008, 12:43:57 pm »
You would probably just ask the cute doctor to ignore the roses and read the card .  :D

LOL!  ;D

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #570 on: August 10, 2008, 12:46:47 pm »
Hey denb45 , They can sometimes write a prescription for  a pill to take instead of drinking that solution , to me that's the worst part drinking that awful stuff .

Never hurts to ask  
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline denb45

« Reply #571 on: August 10, 2008, 12:59:58 pm »
Hey denb45 , They can sometimes write a prescription for  a pill to take instead of drinking that solution , to me that's the worst part drinking that awful stuff .

Never hurts to ask 

Too late, I already have the liquid solution, but, I won't have to do this untill Sept 23 @ 5:30 AM..after it's done, I might sleep the rest of the day, after I PIG-OUT on FOOD  ;D

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #572 on: August 10, 2008, 01:05:29 pm »
The morphine was for my abdominal pain I always have. The CT showed a tiny cyst on my liver which they aren't concerned about and that I have a Bochdalek hernia a congenital defect of my diaphragm that allows the contents of my abdomen to slip into my chest cavity. I had to look that info up for myself. Parkland didn't say anything about it when I was discharged from the ER I found out last Friday when I went in for my regular clinic appointment and my nurse practitioner which BTW I don't trust with my health what so ever stated what the CT found when I mentioned getting it done. I asked her for a copy of the report but of course they cant possibly give me a copy so I made her write the name of the hernia down telling her I was going to look it up on my own. She didn't out right say it but when I asked for more pain medication she mildly suggested that the pain was in my head because they cant find anything wrong with me to explain the pain.
Well looking up the Hernia online it list the symptoms as chest pain, difficulty breathing, abdominal pain, intestinal obstruction and symptoms similar to gastro reflux disorder.
Ding ding ding. There are all my freaking symptoms. Parkland is full of idiots I swear.
I printed the page out and plan on showing them next time I go in. In the mean time I am taking meds to kill the H pylori infection I have.

Boy, that was a mouthful.

Oh I get to have a colonoscopy sometimes soon too. I cant remember what it is but there is some over the counter pill that you can take instead of drinking all that golightly <sp>
I'll try to remember what it is and get back with ya.

modified because I'm on pain pills and my spelling sucked.   ;D
« Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 01:08:12 pm by Winiroo »

Offline rondrond

« Reply #573 on: August 10, 2008, 01:14:41 pm »
I took the Doxepin before lying down, so if I had any effects from taking it, they were not noted as I was ASLEEP.

Awoke at 5am and did not feel groggy or anything. My toes are still numb... :-\ I guess that is going to be a given for now on...

And now, I come to a room that I can no longer look at through those rose colored glasses.....the kithcen.

I have ignored this room as I am at a loss as to what to do. It receives the majority of the wheelchairs.. 'caresses' and 'special 'touches'

I cook, Katie has to wash the dishes....fairs, fair.....

believe me...this is not as peaceful as it looks...

she is whining, and crying and carrying on....

As you can see, that wheelchair is making the kitchen it's own...I have been unable to keep up with damage control in this room...I am now waiting to see just what the new chair will do before I get busy in here...

I want to paint the cabinets black...the counter tile is white...I have been unable to find a sotve at a junk yard that has the same door as this stove, as the wheelchair broke the glass front...

years ago.....

Now we had to really get down to business in this walking again program. In my minds eye I saw her walking, getting a small job, meeting a nice man and getting married and living happily ever after.

That was 10 years ago...and none it has happened. When the nerves connected,  then she had to have her wrist rebuilt. After recovering from that she had to have a knee replacement.. We had been doing the Body Electric and she had been given a prescription for water therapy, which she LOVED, because it took an act of congress to get her in the shower. * it is a small bathroom* Had to put up those bars everywhere and I made her use the toilet during the day instead of a bed pan...use those muscles girl...she lost another 100 lbs. and for a Christmas present for everyone stood up and walked to the bathroom WITHOUT A WALKER....

I was sooo tired and ready for her new life I had dreamed up for her and then...she got Hepatitis from the pool water....and it couldn't be Hepatitis but it had to be a double whammy of Hepatitis A and C together...she lost all her strength and was on some chemo therapy, Inferon?, and it took a year before they said it was gone, and another 6 months before she had any kind of strength....this is when the Bariatric bar over her bed came and the visiting nurses came as ronnie was working 15 hours a day 7 days a week with his own vending business*this was obviously before my DVT.PE..

and then her most cherished possession came ...THE ELECTRIC WHEELCHAIR...ronnie did not like the electric chair...all ronnie saw was with this chair she would never walk again,,,it did not involve muscles or physical activity, just sitting and pushing lever...horrid chair had 4 gears,,,you could take it outside on the road, put it in fourth gear and away you'd go...

except Katie never went outside. She stayed inside. with blinds shut. *I kept asking her if she was a bat* Only time she left house was to go to Doctor appt on  MITS bus which would only take her if she was in electric chair. She gained weight again and then was diagnosed with hyper-lipodemia ...which meant that her body turned everything she ate into fat...it could be a cracker and it would turn to fat...

she had a BAG of pills for everything from high blood pressure, to water pills for the edema in her feet and legs, back pain. knee pain...as she would say...it's me body, me whole body....ronnie hated all those pills, hated the electric wheelchair....it would take off at the slightest touch, it destroyed the wall in the hall making deep gouges from one end to the next....ronnie bought a 50 lb bucket of spackling trying to fix the holes and gouges...then she couldn't maneuver through the doorways and knocked all plaster down to the supporing studs....ronnie bought sheet metal to put on all corners as she would scrape and cut her legs and toes on nails and roughened wood..*small fortune on bandaids and neosporin, again not covered by medicaid*.

.after she tore her door off the hinges trying to turn into her bedroom we widened the doorway and bought new, big door but she manged to knock it down too so now there is no door...got a hospital bed that goes UUPP and DOOOWWNN....with a beriatric bar over it and then came oxygen machine with tank and backup tank and its mask and water filter..*requires distilled water not paid for by medicaid*

Knocked out a wall and combined two bedrooms into one so she could even get THAT ELECTRIC CHAIR in the bedroom and then it had to be able to turn and get around the hospital bed and the oxygen equipment (so now have a 2 bedroom home....it's really all the rage now* 

put in ceiling fans that had a remote so she could turn on lights and the fans...moved out all non-essential furniture as all tables had already been run over and destroyed....had to design arrangement of furniture so she could turn THAT ELECTRIC CHAIR around without destroying anything else...*.need to sell house and move to a warehouse with no walls.*...ha, ha, ha,,thats funny...

then she was plugging in coffee maker parked in front of oven..you're supposed to turn THAT ELECTRIC CHAIR off when you're parked so it won't take off if you hit that joy stick by accident..took her a year before she finally started to remember that one...but she leaned over and hit the joy stick with her 'titty' and rammed into the front of the oven...I was in the living room and BAMM....crrSSSSHHHHH...Katie screaming..AAAAHHHHH. *and to note that Katie has a set of lungs which can produce a very ear splitting scream* it was such a loud explosion that I was immobilized and nearly widdled mysef,

...shook it off and ran to the kitchen although I started to slow down the closer I got....the kitchen floor was black?...I could see the chair ..and Katie with her hands over her face just sitting there, not moving...my leg started to turn to jelly,,,what was it? what had happened...why aren't you moving...all these thoughts were racing through my mind and then I saw the front of the oven....it was a self cleaning oven with a black double glass front...*I now know that they are made of safety glass* Katie was covered in bits of black glass as was the floor ,,,,

ronnie had to talk to her for at least 5 minutes before she would take her hands down...she was ok..it had not got in her eyes and had not cut her....we both started crying and laughing at the same time..

it took me a week of vacumning and sweeping before I would trust myself to go barefoot across the floor..*and I have to cross kitchen to get from bedroom to bathroom* most inconvenient trying to remember to put on shoes when you've just been awakened by a screaming bladder.*

and then one day the electric chair stopped....it wouldn't  move...it had broken down and needed SERVICEMAN to come fix it. Had to get manual chair from garage....Katie HATES manual chair...she has to use her arms and legs to move...ronnie is happy to see her using arms and legs...but no...she moans, grunts, cries, WAILS...for three days as to fix  THE ELECTRIC CHAIR the SERVICEMAN must have permission from Medicaid...who has request on a desk..under a stack of papers...must call social worker and BUG her about the request being sent and approved as ronnie has to listen to Katie moan, grunt, cry and WAIL all day and night....

finally chair is fixed but then we have a NEW problem...the exertion of moving manual chair has ruptured Katie's shoulder (rotor cuff? something...ronnie is dizzy...Katie is not cooperating with ronnies best laid plans for her..the harder ronnie pushes her to be healthy the more UNhealthy she becomes...she gets a UTI...(urinary tract infection) she gets pneumonia...ronnie is a failure....he cannot fix Katie....this is going to be permament...we are going to grow old together like two old witches...ronnie gets idea and joins HEX to become a better witch/wizard maybe he can become a healer and use magic because thats what its going to take to fix Katie....hopefully, before we go to the basement...Katie weighs about 400lbs...THAT ELECTRIC CHAIR probably weighs 500 lbs....this is a wood floor over a basement...the house is 65 years old...we'll make that another story...

**blink, blink**  well, that was a trip down memory lane...now I have to decide whether to just take the cabinet doors off, or fix and repaint...it would look ;odd; not to have the doors down there, most houses I have seen without the doors, it was the top cabinet doors that were removed...

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline rondrond

« Reply #574 on: August 10, 2008, 01:23:50 pm »
The morphine was for my abdominal pain I always have. The CT showed a tiny cyst on my liver which they aren't concerned about and that I have a Bochdalek hernia a congenital defect of my diaphragm that allows the contents of my abdomen to slip into my chest cavity. I had to look that info up for myself. Parkland didn't say anything about it when I was discharged from the ER I found out last Friday when I went in for my regular clinic appointment and my nurse practitioner which BTW I don't trust with my health what so ever stated what the CT found when I mentioned getting it done. I asked her for a copy of the report but of course they cant possibly give me a copy so I made her write the name of the hernia down telling her I was going to look it up on my own. She didn't out right say it but when I asked for more pain medication she mildly suggested that the pain was in my head because they cant find anything wrong with me to explain the pain.
Well looking up the Hernia online it list the symptoms as chest pain, difficulty breathing, abdominal pain, intestinal obstruction and symptoms similar to gastro reflux disorder.
Ding ding ding. There are all my freaking symptoms. Parkland is full of idiots I swear.
I printed the page out and plan on showing them next time I go in. In the mean time I am taking meds to kill the H pylori infection I have.

Boy, that was a mouthful.

Oh I get to have a colonoscopy sometimes soon too. I cant remember what it is but there is some over the counter pill that you can take instead of drinking all that golightly <sp>
I'll try to remember what it is and get back with ya.

modified because I'm on pain pills and my spelling sucked.   ;D

Oh, lord...your story sounds just like my little sister, who kept having pain in her abdomen and doctors and nurses and her work and fellow employees kept telling her that it was in her head and to get a grip. Finally, after years of suffering,  this doctor, it only takes one, found a cyst on her ovary....

Though the pain was finally alleved, it affected her mental state to where she could not tolerate her work or being 'left alone' in a room with certain of her fellow employees as she could only remember them taunting her about her imaginary ghost pain...

It also affected her marriage as her husband, who at first was supportive, after several years of hearing from doctors that nothing was there, he too joined in the chorus...

I sorry that  you are having to take on the world....at tleast you still have a good mind that you can defend yourself...
« Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 01:26:47 pm by rondrond »

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #575 on: August 10, 2008, 01:28:31 pm »
Sorry you are having such a tough time Winiroo , Doctors rarely give pain meds unless you are in the Hospital these days . My doctor buddy tells me horror stories about what kind of scrutiny he goes through with his patents on pain meds .

When I needed them he offed any thing I needed , after my ID doc explained that he was fearfull that if he kept writing pain meds he was going to get into trouble he got me into pain management the next day . These guys can write for anthing because they are " Pain specialist "

I gained respect for him when my Doc admitted the truth of why he was reluctant to controll my pain . Others just tried to make me feel as you described , that it was all in my head.    
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #576 on: August 10, 2008, 02:01:14 pm »
I told the nurse practictioner "I understand that many of the patients that come to this clinic have drug addictions and try to get pain meds from you, but if you will check my record you will clearly see that is not the case with me."

I got hydrocodone from her but they never give nearly enough and I always have to be pushy to get it.

I've gotten to be one tough cookie when dealing with the county hospital. If tears dont work I will rip them a new one. LOL   ;D

Offline rondrond

« Reply #577 on: August 14, 2008, 08:59:18 am »
I told the nurse practictioner "I understand that many of the patients that come to this clinic have drug addictions and try to get pain meds from you, but if you will check my record you will clearly see that is not the case with me."

I got hydrocodone from her but they never give nearly enough and I always have to be pushy to get it.

I've gotten to be one tough cookie when dealing with the county hospital. If tears dont work I will rip them a new one. LOL   ;D

I need you to gp with me to some of my appointments... :D

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline rondrond

« Reply #578 on: August 14, 2008, 09:17:27 am »
It has been six days since I started the Doxepin. I haven't experienced any of the side effects from the first night, maybe because I'm ASLEEP.... >:(   I thought that the insert stated that it was to reduce daytime sleepiness...

...that ain't happening. I function, but I am swimming in 'heavy air'. I don't really want to get up when Katie wakes me up to take my meds. I have to sit there for awhile and then FORCE myself to get up.

The bumps on my scalp have calmed themselves and aren't weeping and oozing. There's no itching and now they are flaking off...no more 'cooties'.. :D

I feel like I'm a high performance engine that needs SUPER unleaded and am trying to run on just unleaded..I'm not getting the right octane...something isn't connecting right...

My lower back pain is so intense that at times I swear I'm passing a kidney stone....I've passed three in the past three years....but am not having any other symptoms of a kidney stone....

It hurts to sit up, to walk...the only thing that doesn't hurt is lying down.

I've been having weird dreams of my ex and I wake up and swear I still hear his voice and breath in my ears... ???

I dreamt I was working  and pulled up to one of my accounts and then another truck cut me off and I realized I no longer had that account...then I realized that I was no longer working...and I woke up thinking that I had to go there....

I see Dr G on friday.

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline bear60

« Reply #579 on: August 14, 2008, 10:02:49 am »
Hi Ron
Boy oh boy....this does not sound like fun.  I do hope your doctor can help straighten things out.

Kurt and I are going to be out of town until Sunday.  So I guess I have to wait till then to hear the next episode of  TRIALS and TRIBULATIONS.
Hope its good news.

Joel
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline rondrond

« Reply #580 on: August 15, 2008, 11:56:10 pm »
Hi Ron
Boy oh boy....this does not sound like fun.  I do hope your doctor can help straighten things out.

Kurt and I are going to be out of town until Sunday.  So I guess I have to wait till then to hear the next episode of  TRIALS and TRIBULATIONS.
Hope its good news.

Joel

Y'all just got back from a trip. Did you even unpack your bags?  :D

Have a safe trip.

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline rondrond

« Reply #581 on: August 16, 2008, 12:59:19 am »
It's Friday....I thought it was Thursday.....then, someone on TV in some commercial ..maybe the weather...and their stating it's Friday....

I have to crank it up a notch as I have an appointment today with Dr G. and I did not shower last night as I thought it was Thursday. I have to shower the night before as I can't seem to stop seating after a shower for like an hour, under a fan. So...

...here I am taking a shower and being in my shorts with Jessie in the house...and the phone kept ringing and the doorbell rang...and I answer it,
 half shaved and feeling ..naked...and it's the guy to check the data on Katie's new oxygen machine.....

Finally get my hair dry enough to do something with it and go in my bedroom and there is a white spot on my carpet??....

look up and if it isn't one thing, it's another....the roof is leaking in my bedroom..... >:(

How??....Katie keeps saying that the last time a tornado came through she felt the house move and something fell on the roof...idk...I don't see nothing from my perspective , which is from the ground looking up as I can't get on the roof...

I discovered this fact of life during the last big tornado:

You would think that with attic space and a basement that is almost as big as the house that I would have no need to use the garage for storage...WRONGO..

In my 'old age' with a bum leg, I find that the attic might just as well not be there as I cannot climb up there, using one hand,  while trying to hold onto a box in the other and not letting it drop or fall....so much for the attic. Then, the basement entrance is outside, around the back of the house.

To get there, I have to traverse downhill, on a path that has been terraced, so it isn't a straight shot down..and on the other side of the house, there is a 'backdoor' in the garage that goes to the back, but when you open the door it has not been terraced and is a straight shot down..*there must be a hole in the space continuum related to gravity and it's pulling effect, and it's coordinates are around my house, as just standing in that doorway, you can feel gravity pulling at you, as if saying...come here...come here*...

I have heard this call of gravity and believes. One summer we had had a few tornadoes pass close by..*the Trinity River is almost just across the street from us, and tornadoes will follow a river bed, being the road of least resistance*

..and there is a a HUGE tree on the side of the house behind the garage, that I have yet to identify the species, but it is HUGE and the branches USED to go over the roof and then 'OVER the roof' growing across to the other side of the house...

the shade was wonderful in the summertime, but this particular year when the wind blew...the branches started to drop...Katie and I  are in the living room watching TV as the winds from a passing tornado go by......THWUMP....and the house shakes and the windows rattle...what was that?....

I go outside after the storm has passed and look at the roof and see nothing, but I do notice that the skyline doesn't look right..attribute it to the storm and walk around to the back....sweet Lincoln's beard.... the 80 foot cottonwood in the farthest back corner of the yard is now 60 feet, a smaller oak tree is on the ground, and then going to the middle of the back yard and looking at the house I realize why the skyline looks different..

...there is not a branch one going across the roof, they are ON the roof or have slid and are now hanging from the roof, and then there are those that made it to the ground. We call Mom and apprise her of the situation and I bravely offer to go on the roof and knock the remaining branches off the roof.

Mom brings this big, tall aluminum ladder that she uses on her extra large pecan tree in her back yard. Though we don't have a two story house, it LOOKS like a two story house because of the hill and I guess you could call it split level looking...anyway, the back door to the kitchen is 'up there'...with a concrete porch with steep steps going down both ways, only now you can only go down one way as a deck has been added to the other side wrapping around the corner and going to my bedroom windows, which are high enough from the ground as to be considered a two story.

I am on this deck with this ladder and a push broom. Once I reach the edge of the roof, I throw the broom onto the roof and start to clamber onto the roof. I really don't like heights, but sometimes you gotta do, what you gotta do, and I get over the edge and turn over and ..

...my fingers, hands, feet, grow suction cups and I try to cling to these rough tiles as all I can see in the distance is downtown Fort Worth and the back yard and the EDGE of the roof and GRAVITY calling to me...come herecomehere,

..and I can't move, forward or backward or anywhere as my brain is screaming at me with a full red alert....one wrong move and you could be over the EDGE...these tiles feel rough, but look and feel slippery, one wrong misstep, and down you'll go..and...WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?...GET DOWN FROM HERE.RIGHT NOW...

..and I can't  move and in quiet desperation,  I cautiously look around and I see the antenna cord hanging from the antennae...we don't use it anymore as we now have cable, and my healthy instinct for survival kicks in and convinces one hand to let go of the tile and I reach for the antennae cord and get it and pull it to me.

I then convince my other hand to let go and I am going to HAVE to sit up, and I do so, very slowly, feeling gravity pulling at me. I can actually feel the force of GRAVITIES energy like you're on the edge of a waterfall and everything is going in one direction, forward, over, and down....

...and I tie this antennae around my waist. I feel better about it now and I think, well, maybe I can at least TRY to do this after all, and I can see this huge branch and the force of gravity surely must be calling to it too, so all I should have to do is give it a 'fatal' push with this broom, but NOoo..

...it is solid on the roof and won't budge....too bad, so sad,.. I tried..no sense in staying here any longer, so I can't take it anymore and I very slowly, and cautiously work my legs over the edge and sit there with my feet on the ladder steps looking out at the 'view' with this antennae around my waist and contemplating what could be my last moments on earth..

...and then I see the deck is only like six, maybe eight feet away....it isn't like ALL the way to the ground, which I am so high up there I can barely see the ground...well, it is high up there...I mean, I am way up in the sky...I could be seriously hurt, and then I convince myself to go on over the EDGE and am now holding onto the ladder facing outward as I won't release my hold to attempt to turn around and every step is like, I could slip off any moment and I can't move, and I can see the deck below me,

*I could really jump*, I have jumped farther than this before...but I can't move, and I'm like..oh,come on...and I'm ready, and my mind and body are willing, and I can't move??...

Then I realize that the antennae has run it's limit and is still around my waist and I have to let go and very slowly and cautiously release one hand from it's grip on the ladder, and very slowly release the antennae cord, and immediately grasp the ladder again with the freed hand, and take the last two steps down....well, I could have missed the deck if I had gone too fast..and I sink to the deck and promise myself...never again...

So Mom calls the insurance man, who comes out to get an estimate of damages, and he is older than me and he puts a ladder against the roof in the front yard, and he has on these hiking boots and he hikes up the ladder with one hand, the other is holding a clipboard, and he is on the roof, standing upright and stomping around up there all over the place,

... and he gives the branch a kick and sends it on down, and I am amazed at his bravery, because I have been up there and KNOW how dangerous it is...and he clambers down the ladder and says, you need a new roof...and the insurance paid for it and isn't it lovely?...

and the next summer, we are watching TV and the wind is blowing and... THWUMP....and I just sit there and Katie is like,..what was that?...and I'm like...what?..I didn't hear nothing...maybe you should go check....no, it's nothing....how could it be?...the branches had all come down and the roofers cut and trimmed all the tree branches away from the house..

Katie insists..something fell on the roof....I say, then let GRAVITY take care of it, cause I made a promise not to go on the roof anymore, and you can't break a promise...who did you make this promise to?...myself...so get over it, I'm not going to even go look....

So as far as I'm concerned, there's a new roof up there and there shouldn't be any leaking....

But, I don'[t have time to deal with it right now as I have to get dressed for this appointment, because it's Friday....Off I go, and I am on time...The first thing everyone keeps saying is ..boy, you look tired...my head is buzzing from the Doxepin and I just look at them with a dopey smile...and tell them that I am on some bad drugs....foggy head, but NO energy...

Weight is a constant 263, and blood pressure is the lowest it's ever been ...114/74  thank you Lisinopril....

So, Dr G, who did not prescribe the Doxepin, tells me to stop taking it when I tell her that my itching scalp has stopped itching, and that my head is just buzzing and dizzy at times.

For the past two nights my legs have been having spasms making them jump like they want to cross, and I have to stretch them out, and they do it again...this goes on for about two hours and sitting, lying on back, lying on side....nothing stops it...

My lower back hurts so bad that it feels like I'm passing a kidney stone, but it doesn't progress to me sweating profusely, bent over in agony, moaning on the floor and making inane promises to every deity in history...

So, I have a referral for a Sleep Study, and my next appt for 14aug08. One week before, I am to have blood drawn and she is going to check my cholesterol, etc....

I will receive a referral for colonscopy???....wait a minute, where did that come in the picture? I immediately ask if I can just swallow a camera in a capsule...."No".....*pouts*

« Last Edit: August 16, 2008, 01:06:35 am by rondrond »

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline denb45

« Reply #582 on: August 16, 2008, 11:51:51 am »

Well good thing you had insurance, and they paid for a new roof, if the roof has a another leak, it should still be covered under some type of warranty (depending on how long ago it was repaired).............I don't know what the hell going on......both bob & I are icthing like DOGS
I know the Cats don't have fleas, cuz they never go outside? maybe it's all this humidity and rain were having, last night we had a Tornnado Warning here in ABQ.......oh well ,in a few months it will be cold again............Ronnie do you'all ever get much snow in Dallas FW area, we get a lot of snow between NOV and FEB.... ABQ is 7,300ft. above sea level, so, I guees that's why?...........glad you're doing better, hope you get even better, I'm sure you will  ;D.........I had a major tune-up done on my Ford Truck, it cost me $524 for the tune-up and another $400 for 4 new Tires, and Front Disc Breaks ,not to mention the 4,000 I had to pay when the Transmisson went out in Jan 08......guess I'll be keeping the Truck for a while after spending all that money THIS YR. ALONE,  and it only has 50,000 miles on it ( it's a 1998) guess snice I do own it, and don't have a Car Note to pay, it was worth it I suppose?...hows is your Ranger running, I sure hope it's OK............so much for a FORD, I guess...........FORD stands for:........ Found on the Road Dead......... >:(
« Last Edit: August 16, 2008, 12:20:21 pm by denb45 »

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #583 on: August 16, 2008, 04:26:52 pm »
Boy your a mess Ronnie. Hope it gets better.  ;D

The most snow I've seen here is 3 inches. Maybe 4 or 5 on cars.   :D
Snow here usually melts within the same day it falls.

Offline rondrond

« Reply #584 on: August 17, 2008, 12:01:39 am »
Too late, I already have the liquid solution, but, I won't have to do this untill Sept 23 @ 5:30 AM..after it's done, I might sleep the rest of the day, after I PIG-OUT on FOOD  ;D

oh lord.....you have power in your words.....you brought up this colonscopy thing and now I'm going to get one.  :-\

Katie says that that white gobbelygoo gave her extreme diaherrea....Whatever they gave her, she said she was up and awake during the whole procedure turning into a Chatty Cathy....

The Dr asked the nurse "just how much did you give her?" as she couldn't shut up... ::)

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline rondrond

« Reply #585 on: August 17, 2008, 12:12:18 am »
Boy your a mess Ronnie. Hope it gets better.  ;D

The most snow I've seen here is 3 inches. Maybe 4 or 5 on cars.   :D
Snow here usually melts within the same day it falls.

I am of the opinion that the majority of my problems are 'back' related and I need an MRI...it seems the more I push for one, the more they go off on these weird tangents....and studies....

...such as, I discussed my legs cramping and trying to scissor and now I'm getting a colonscopy.. :-\

I say that my lower back HURTS and I feel like I'm passing a kidney stone...and now I'm scheduled for a Sleep Study... :-\

I say that my hips hurt and my inner thigh/groin are numb and my feet hurt...and I am having labs done to check my cholesterol... :-\

,,,,,,,,, :-\......... ::).............. :-\

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline rondrond

« Reply #586 on: August 17, 2008, 12:32:12 am »
Well good thing you had insurance, and they paid for a new roof, if the roof has a another leak, it should still be covered under some type of warranty (depending on how long ago it was repaired).............I don't know what the hell going on......both bob & I are icthing like DOGS
I know the Cats don't have fleas, cuz they never go outside? maybe it's all this humidity and rain were having, last night we had a Tornnado Warning here in ABQ.......oh well ,in a few months it will be cold again............Ronnie do you'all ever get much snow in Dallas FW area, we get a lot of snow between NOV and FEB.... ABQ is 7,300ft. above sea level, so, I guees that's why?...........glad you're doing better, hope you get even better, I'm sure you will  ;D.........I had a major tune-up done on my Ford Truck, it cost me $524 for the tune-up and another $400 for 4 new Tires, and Front Disc Breaks ,not to mention the 4,000 I had to pay when the Transmisson went out in Jan 08......guess I'll be keeping the Truck for a while after spending all that money THIS YR. ALONE,  and it only has 50,000 miles on it ( it's a 1998) guess snice I do own it, and don't have a Car Note to pay, it was worth it I suppose?...hows is your Ranger running, I sure hope it's OK............so much for a FORD, I guess...........FORD stands for:........ Found on the Road Dead......... >:(

dang....that desert air must not be good for Fords.. :D

...mine is a 1997, and I have only bought a set of tires and oil changes. Mine is a 5 speed manual shift. Of course, it sat in the driveway for @5 years as I had my work truck that I had my butt planted in for 15 hours a day. Other than that, I turn the key and push the pedal and it runs like a champ. A/C will freeze your ass, even Katie will shut off her vents after awhile...aaannndd, it's paid for  :D

I keep getting sticky notes on the window..."Ranger Red, call me $$$-$$$$ when you're ready to sell"  I even get some notes from my rainbow' sticker  on the back window...."hey, noticed your rainbow..give me a call...000.0000 "     

,,,I've never responded to either note....I love my 'lil Red Truck.. :D

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline denb45

« Reply #587 on: August 17, 2008, 12:49:53 pm »
dang....that desert air must not be good for Fords.. :D

I keep getting sticky notes on the window..."Ranger Red, call me $$$-$$$$ when you're ready to sell"  I even get some notes from my rainbow' sticker  on the back window...."hey, noticed your rainbow..give me a call...000.0000 "     

,,,I've never responded to either note....I love my 'lil Red Truck.. :D
Humm................interesting? maybe you should call, and find out? you never know?  ;D..had an old guy ( musta been in his 70's) wanted to buy my Ford Ranger, for way above the low blue-book-value, and I said "this old thang" I looked at him like he was CRAZY, and told him NO  ;D after putting
all that money into it (way more than what it's actually worth) I'll keep it for a while, and wait untill 2012, that's when cars will get 34 to 40 MPG  ;D
« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 12:56:33 pm by denb45 »

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #588 on: August 17, 2008, 12:54:13 pm »
It must be butt month. I go in on the 20th for the consultation and kit for my colonoscopy.  ;)

Offline denb45

« Reply #589 on: August 17, 2008, 01:02:20 pm »
It must be butt month. I go in on the 20th for the consultation and kit for my colonoscopy.  ;)

If your over 50, then you should have that done, that's what my ID Doctor tells me, if they don't find anything up there, then you don't have to worry about Colo-Rectal-Cancer  ;D.............from what everyone had told me about a colonoscopy, I will be OUT, and will wake up when it's over' so, I can deal with that ( as long as I don't feel it) , I'll be fine  ;D........better get Bob to drive me back home tho, don't think I'll be able, I go on SEPT 23rd @ 6:30AM  ???

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #590 on: August 17, 2008, 03:51:56 pm »
I've been the designated driver for a couple of people after their colonoscopies. Its a good idea to have someone drive you home.

I'm not over 50 but I've had some intestinal issues. I have intestinal pain 24/7 so this is one of the things they are doing to try and figure out whats up with Wendy's guts hurting.  :)

After the CT scan I had I was diagnosed recently with a Bochdalek hernia. The pain I have could be from that but I dont mind them checking to make sure there isnt anything else going on down there.

Offline rondrond

« Reply #591 on: August 18, 2008, 12:29:36 am »

You get a Kit?...??....

I'm glad to hear that they put you under. I'm not to glad to hear that I will need someone to drive me home. That will be Mom and there is so much going on with JW. He now has a tube for feeding and still is not doing well.

Tomorrow, Monday 18th is Mom's birthday. I will have to track her down and intercept as she is either leaving for the hospital, at the hospital, or leaving for home.

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline rondrond

« Reply #592 on: August 18, 2008, 12:42:40 am »

Mom will be calling her insurance Rep on Monday. Time just seems to fly. It just seems like last year we got the new roof and it's been at least 8 years. I think roofs are supposed to be guaranteed for 10 years and that is just something that is stuck in my head//idk if it's a fact or not...

Heck, we might just be getting another new roof...depending on what this guy finds and decides....Katie also remembers when the electric Company was cutting all those vines and branches that she heard something hit the roof then too, but that would be a 'my word against your word thing"...

There was that tornado a couple of months ago, that upended all those trees.....

I just wonder if they will fix the inside ceiling too, or just the outside roof. When we got the last new roof, it was after a tornado and there was water damage to the ceiling in the kitchen above the back door.....they wouldn't repair it...

Do y'all have any bumps? or just itching? I was using Head and Shoulders for my head and using it as  a body wash. It helped with the itching.

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline rondrond

« Reply #593 on: August 18, 2008, 12:51:44 am »
I've been the designated driver for a couple of people after their colonoscopies. Its a good idea to have someone drive you home.

I'm not over 50 but I've had some intestinal issues. I have intestinal pain 24/7 so this is one of the things they are doing to try and figure out whats up with Wendy's guts hurting.  :)

After the CT scan I had I was diagnosed recently with a Bochdalek hernia. The pain I have could be from that but I dont mind them checking to make sure there isnt anything else going on down there.

Maybe I don't understand just what a colonscopy is. I thought it just checked for cancer. But, I guess if I was having back/hip/leg pain it could be from something wrong up there?

So, my doctor might be listening to me? and I'm just ignorant?  :-\

I had to Google Bochdalek Hernia and ..ugh....how are you functioning? IT sounds very painful. Are you going to have surgery?

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline rondrond

« Reply #594 on: August 18, 2008, 03:35:20 am »
Monday. August 18th....Mom will be 72. I love you Mom. Happy Birthday.

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i225.photobucket.com/remix/player.swf?videoURL=http%3A%2F%2Fvid225.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fdd244%2Frondron%2Fdd1081cc.pbr&amp;hostname=stream225.photobucket.com">
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 03:36:57 am by rondrond »

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline denb45

« Reply #595 on: August 18, 2008, 09:28:48 am »

Do y'all have any bumps? or just itching? I was using Head and Shoulders for my head and using it as  a body wash. It helped with the itching.

Nope, just itchy red bumps, with nothing inside of them, they seem to come and go  ???

Offline bear60

« Reply #596 on: August 18, 2008, 11:16:35 am »
Hi Ron.....
We are back from the camping trip.  It was a lot of work but well worth it.  THIS weekend was "MOTORCYCLE/LEATHER" weekend and the Philadelphia MC "Philadelphians" put on two big events..Friday and Saturday nights.  They took a pavilion and enclosed the whole thing in black plastic and basically turned it into a bar. Then they hosted two dress code "socials".  Two of our good friends are in the "Philadelphians" group so they stayed with us on our site.  We dont have any fancy trailer so we pitched our tents and prayed for a nice weekend.  It was pretty nice.  Only a little rain Thursday. The rest of the weekend was spectacular. But Kurt and I are exhausted.
Glad you are ok.
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #597 on: August 18, 2008, 02:56:22 pm »

I had to Google Bochdalek Hernia and ..ugh....how are you functioning? IT sounds very painful. Are you going to have surgery?

I had to Google it too. The nurse practitioner at Parkland mentioned it briefly right before she suggested that there was no reason for my abdominal pain and that it must be all in my head. LOL

Me being me I said wait hold up there. I have a what hernia? Can I have a copy of that report? No? Well write the name of that hernia down because I want to research it.
Apparently she did not bother looking up the information otherwise she would have never said the pain in my abdomen must be in my head.

I'm on a butt load of antibiotics right now to kill an h pylori infection in my guts when I am done with this I will go back to Parkland and let her know what I know and give them the print out showing that my complaints are the same as those related to the hernia.

A colonoscopy looks for anything irregular intestinally.

Offline rondrond

« Reply #598 on: August 19, 2008, 09:05:35 pm »
JW died today. .. He just stopped breathing....

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #599 on: August 19, 2008, 09:52:57 pm »
aaww Ronnie I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you are well.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.