Main Forums > Living With HIV

Restless Leg Syndrome RSL

(1/2) > >>

Loa111:
Does anyone on here experience Restless Leg Syndrome RSL?

RSL has been bothering me the last few years since DX, just in my left leg and it comes on at nighttime usually a couple of hours before bedtime. I'm continually kicking out & shaking my leg in bed before I get to sleep. It is not painful, it's just a weird uncomfortable sensation.

I do not know if me having an advanced DX a few years ago caused it or not, damage from being sick with advanced hiv? I did mention it to the ID Doc before, they ran blood tests for diabetes & a few other tests which came back clear.  Or it could be genetic, as I remember my grandmother used to be jumping around years ago complaining of strange feelings in her leg.

Either way it is annoying & I'd love to get rid of it! 

Jim Allen:
Not a clue, but I hope it can be resolved, as it obviously is bothering you.

--- Quote ---I do not know if me having an advanced DX a few years ago caused it or not, damage from being sick with advanced hiv?
--- End quote ---

Yeah, HIV itself can cause issues like neuropathy etc. It could be HIV or an infection you picked up when sick did some damage; I can't say.

Keep us posted, it will be interesting to hear if you find a solution to the problem.

J.R.E.:
Hi,

Read this article from the Cleveland Clinic, and see if there are questions you can get out of it, to talk to your Doctor about. I think this is an informative article on RLS.

https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases/9497-restless-legs-syndrome#:~:text=People%20of%20any%20age%2C%20including,United%20States%20population%20has%20RLS.

Ray

J.R.E.:

And yes, you are right.  It could be genetic.

Loa111:
Thanks folks. That's a good article on RSL.

I do try natural methods to ease it, like walking/gym at night, and I must get back on the magnesium supplements, I ready too that calicated magnesium can help one sleep.

It's an incredibly annoying issue. My wife gets annoyed with me as she is trying to sleep, I am shaking & moving my leg around to try ease it. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version