Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 05:35:53 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37635
  • Latest: Ranoye
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773156
  • Total Topics: 66328
  • Online Today: 248
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 210
Total: 212

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Viral load climbing and our Clinic is closing for good.  (Read 4327 times)

Offline CandyO

Viral load climbing and our Clinic is closing for good.
« on: September 06, 2013, 09:53:59 am »
Latest GenoSure 2/27/13 Update.
Mutations are as follows

K103KN
P225H
V1181
T215F/Y

NRTI Resistant to

Stavudine(Zerit)
Zidovudine(Retrovir)He has been taking this since 2010

NNRTI Resistant to
Efavirenz(Sustiva)
Nevirapine(Viramune)

PI resistance
NONE
Today is day 6 of Truvada and Isentress(Isentress was started a year ago)
His viral load began to rise in labwork done in november.And in this lates lab work it had risen to 7950.
CD4's
I hope this combo helps him go undetectable and brings his appetite back.
He has went to the same clinic since 2004 and in all that time we had never met his doctor until I asked to visit with him.I told him of my concerns with the azt being in the mix and asked if there would be something else my husband could try.I asked him about Truvada since my husband also had Hep.B in the late 70's.

I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for being the strong and mighty warriors and friends that you are to me

The truvada added into his isentress brought his viral load down to undetectable in april for the first time in several years.Last weeks results viral load up to 1700 and cd4 dawn from 1000 to 890.He has many resistance issues and today we found out our clinic will be closing for good because of lack of funding.Anyone here have any drug comcos that maybe we can try I don't know how long it will take to get set up with who ever contracts with the state.Thank you everyone.We are in the Wichita falls Texas area.It is the early prevention clinic that is closing.

Offline buginme2

Re: Viral load climbing and our Clinic is closing for good.
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2013, 03:48:36 pm »
I think it's hard for someone to recommend a drug combo via the Internet without knowing you the whole person and the issues you have experienced.  The fact that your husband has been on AZT since 2010 (of which he has resistance to) and the fact that you have actually never even seen your doctor on person since 2004 tells me that your not receiving very good medical care. 

I had to google map your location and it looks like your not that far from Dallas.  Is it possible for you to drive to Dallas to get your care?  There are several members here from Dallas and I am sure someone can recommend a good HIV clinic that may take your insurance or state assistance that you have.  Good luck.
Don't be fancy, just get dancey

Offline CandyO

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2013, 11:55:02 am »
Thank you buginme2.No he has not recieved very good care at all.Remote area.No insurance so you know the story.I was told last spring by the clinic we attend that my husband had to be seen in this region because Dallas served a different region.Maybe now that will all change since the Wichita Falls clinic is closing.Case worked told me on the phone that they are trying to get a local Dr. to contract for the hiv care.Thank You so much.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2013, 04:08:27 am »
By caseworker, do you mean a case manager at an ASO?  It would seem the caseworker there would be able to figure out where to send your husband until a doctor can be contracted.  I am a case manager at an ASO and our clients can see a doctor anywhere in the state and still be covered by the insurance we assist people with getting on. 

What are your finances looking like?  Do you make too much money for state assistance/ADAP?  When you say "My husband has to be seen in this region," are you talking because of insurance? 

Try this link:

http://www.dshs.state.tx.us/hivstd/services/service.shtm

« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 04:13:23 am by BT65 »
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline CandyO

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2013, 11:34:59 am »
Thank You.It is the Wichita Falls Public Health Clinic that is on the link you posted that is closing due to funding issues.My husband is on state medicaid.He has no insurance and is not able to work.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2013, 04:49:14 am »
Thank You.It is the Wichita Falls Public Health Clinic that is on the link you posted that is closing due to funding issues.My husband is on state medicaid.He has no insurance and is not able to work.

With your husband being on Medicaid, it should cover him anywhere in the state.  Unless Texas Medicaid works differently than any other in the nation.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2013, 10:44:10 am »
although tougher sometimes, you should be able to get your own healthcare without even using an ASO. Simply go to the phonebook and find an infectious disease doc; then call and confirm that they accept the medicaid card.

ASOs can be pretty handy, and often have an HIV clinic associated with them, because years ago people fought to get special care for PLWH. However, you should be able to go to whatever doctors you want (who accept medicaid) and get whatever medical treatment you need - without an ASO.

The biggest problem arises though when someone lives in a more rural area. If there aren't many other HIV positive people in the area, there may not be great services. A person might have to consider driving a distance for their health care or even moving closer to the health care. That's just one of the downsides to having a diseases that less than 1% of the population is infected with and not living closer to the other infected people. LOL

It sounds like its time to take you own case management in hand. Hopefully you will be able to find another doctor fairly soon and fairly close to where you live ;)
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline CandyO

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2013, 12:21:38 pm »
Thank You both for all your help.I do appreciate it.This brings a lot of relief to my heart.I will do whatever it takes to keep my husband well and thriving.Bless you both,and thank you.

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2013, 12:34:01 pm »
you might want to check here (http://directory.poz.com/) to see if there are more doctors, clinics, ASO around your area ;)

best wishes to you both! Sometimes it's a struggle to get health care; but the struggle is worth it in the end. Staying alive and healthy is a good thing and worth any amount of trouble. ;)
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.