Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:56:16 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37612
  • Latest: testABC
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772944
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 273
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 166
Total: 166

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: July 5th attempt at moving on  (Read 18718 times)

Offline Life

• Member 2005
July 5th attempt at moving on
« on: July 24, 2011, 03:31:59 am »
On July 5th I found myself out in a field  behind my home on the river with my buck knife.  I walked through town yesterday and saw all the families enjoying  the fourth and here I am wishing I could be experiencing something not even remotely close to what these people have so freely.  I can tell you all the reasons for my actions but I think many who have contimplated and not succeded know the answers.   Looking for a way out?  Being alone, missing William,  seeing parents age, stress on the job, feeling trapped...  I am not frightened of it is the scariest thing.   No notes good bye no reasons left.  

As the paramedics showed up, county sherifs and next door neighbors came to my aid, I felt I had made a mistake and how can the world be that terrible (I make it that).   It is not anything but me.   But while I was out there, I was a peace... I felt calm and somewhat open to silent meditation with God.   I think Will was there to.  I dont know the conversation I had,  but it was enough for me to stop the process.

As I was being talked to by the paramedics and told them my story, my status at that late night I grew a bit more and found something I was not expecting.   Love of a complete stranger and support.

I went to the ER and my old case worker who helped me through the loss of Will was there as she was on call that evening.   I was released and the sheriff drove me over to my sponsors house and then I slept.  I was taken off duty from work and had 10 days of psychiatrist evaluations, counciling, AA meetings.  My family and friends found out and I know they fear for me and wish the best for me and to hellp me find the answers that I am trying to find.

I made a horrible mistake, but yet, it felt right at the time....   I need something that of which I do not know the answers to yet even with all the counciling...   I will continue to fake it till I make it.   I dont condone what I tried to do, I am just saying, at the time, it felt right...

I will continue to reach out and get the help I need  and try to find the message that was whispered to me out in that field that night..

I am still here

Eric
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 07:49:58 am by Life »

Offline OneTampa

• "Butterflies are free."
Re: July 5th attempt at moving on
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2011, 05:22:21 pm »
Eric,

Your screen name is "Life".  I extend to you wishes for comfort and hope that you life will get better.

Take care of yourself.
"He is my oldest child. The shy and retiring one over there with the Haitian headdress serving pescaíto frito."

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2011, 07:11:42 pm »
oh gosh, Eric! I'm certainly glad things didn't work out the way they might have, and that you have what sounds like some good support.

I'm glad you're still here.

:-* mikie

ps I sent you a pm so keep your eyes our for it. ;)
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2011, 08:49:29 pm »
Dear Eric

Please keep sending the email's whenever you need to vent or talk,  also I like to hear about how your days are going, as I said in my last email I think you have the strength to see this through, you just need time to find it.

Keep posting here whenever you feel you need help to get through any bad days that may come your way, the guys here will be more than happy to help you get through...and you know you can email me anytime you want to.

{{{Hugs}}}

Aroha
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2011, 08:56:22 pm »
Eric, What a story,  I just wanted to say I am glad you are here.

I'm also glad for this.."I will continue to reach out and get the help I need  and try to find the message that was whispered to me out in that field that night."

Hugs
Will
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2011, 09:20:26 pm »
Hi Eric , just as Will and the others said I'm glad you are here . I'm also happy that you discovered how much people care that's around you . Take care .   
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2011, 09:39:14 pm »
I have been told that if I put it out there, it has no power over me...   I was reading a bit about the man who had his leg amputated below the knee.  Oh yes, he will walk again with his wooden leg, but the pain and nerve endings still are there and hurt remains and probably will to some degree for the rest of his life.  I have learned to deal with the loss of Will but as Mikie told me, not to have him to be able to share and vent and hug, it has become a bit more of a challenge.   Thank you all for your messages of support and love.  I know the saying "long term solution to a short term problem" but I have apparently been having some issues for awhile that festered in my own mind that night and I must not be that vulnerable.   I have been told I am to sensitive and need to get over the loss.   Or redfine your values.   I am stubborn I guess.   I will not rest uintil I can put these buttons in my mind "out of service" and not even a viable option when things get hard.  Life is hard for all of us and I know that...  I am not going to duck out of this.   But I might through a punch or two :)

Thank you... I am sorry if I offended anyone, but putting things on paper helps me..

Love

Eric
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 09:42:24 pm by Life »

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2011, 07:24:22 am »
Eric, I can relate to the desperateness felt at times by what seem scruel emotions coming up.  I'm glad you're getting the help you need.  Please hang in there!

Betty
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Robert

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2011, 03:25:19 pm »
eric.

I can't even imagine the anguish your going through.  It just must be so dark and so dense and so deep that not even what I consider to be the most beautiful spot on God's green earth can ease your burden. After a rough winter with the heavy snow fall and the spring runoff, I just can't help but think that everything is as it should be.  The columbine in bloom, the Bells looming over the green valley, the Fryingpan winding its way down the valley, the water teeming at its banks, the fish jumping, the birds humming.  The beauty you see and the buzz you hear is Will saying that everything will be all right.  Your'e right.  Life is hard.  So ford that river.  Climb that mountain.  Traverse that wall.  Catch that fish.  You've done these things before and you know how hard they are to do but you keep going back, don't you?  Getting over Will's death  isn't going to be easy either but it's something you know you can do, just like those mountains you climb.  And it's something you'll need to do again and again everyday when you see that the beauty around you is just a reminder of all the good that Will brought into your life.  And you want to be a part of that.

robert

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2011, 10:40:31 am »
Robert, thanks for reminding me....   Seems hard to beleive I live in the suicide capital of Colorado.  More per capita that anywhere else in Colorado..  I have set alot of things in motion for the good of my sanity and whatever becomes of my actions on these matters, I am willing to live with the consequences of these actions even though It might make my life difficult for sometime.   I will never go out for a walk with a sharp object and I will never go out without my cell phone no matter what.   I continue to check in with my case workers and telling them what I am doing to resolve the anxiety, the fears I have and have shaken up my schedule to do this.   I love where I live, I just get lonely.   My biggest triger is lonelyness, so I call a friend and we talk and that usually fixes my attitude towards people, places things and boses.  

It would be nice to hook up again with some of my gay friends of which I have very few where I live.  Denver I had a good connection including a gay church.  I miss that... I still miss Will and I imagine that just is part of this life...  Regrets and resentments have no business between my ears and I am now working even harder on them as they seem to still be alll around me when I am alone..   Not good for me.

Thanks again for the post.   I will hit the bells soon and get my gear on and go up to that 14er and remember times before I met Will and the connection I get when I go there..

Love

Eric
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 10:42:24 am by Life »

Offline Buckmark

• Would you like to tie me up with your ties, Ty?
    • Henry's Home Page
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2011, 11:19:54 am »
Eric,

I am so glad you are actively focused on taking steps to address your depression, and other issues which led you to attempt to take your life.  It's not easy, but it's something you have to do every day -- and it will get better.  Loneliness can be a very big trigger, so I am glad you are reaching out to people, including us here on the forums.  I'm glad you're here.

Hugs,

Henry
"Life in Lubbock, Texas, taught me two things:
     One is that God loves you and you're going to burn in hell.
     The other is that sex is the most awful, filthy thing on earth and you should save it for someone you love."
- Butch Hancock, Musician, The Flatlanders

Offline wolfter

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2011, 12:24:48 pm »
Eric, hope you're continuing to do well.  Dealing with all those issues totally alone can cause those thoughts/actions to seem like the only way to deal with it.  Unfortunately, I think many of us understand too completely what you were dealing with.  I'm glad you had the strength to take another look at your options.  The loss of a life partner (IMO) is harder in the gay community.  We don't have the external support that we require and that sometimes leads to desperate means.  I'm not sure how long ago you lost you Will, but it does eventually get better.  Doesn't completely go away, but does get easier to deal with those situations.

Take care and continue to work on it all.

Greg.
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2011, 03:53:13 pm »
Henry and Greg.....

Thank you so much.... This week I went down to see my Mom and Dad in Denver.  Dad just went through a 5 hour surgery on replaceing a artery from his heart to his legs at 79 years old.   Being and old doctor he knew all to well what was in store and I could tell he was frightened.  So,  I was there for him and I dont know about some gay guys but the connections with their parents seems to be quite diffrerent.   While Dad was in ICU step down he was not eating and very depressed (runs in the family).   I got to put a smile on his face and helped get started back to eating.   Tell you what my problems are small considering and I continue to look at the blessings of this life.   I slip back like I am on a slippery slope, but I keep trying to stay at altitude.   My other trigger was work and I put alot out on the table about my concerns without going into any great detail of my attempt and things began to look up there to.   Biggest thing for me is to be able to handle them as they come and not over react or not reach out or just feel sorry for myself...  Not easy sometimes.   I thnk William would and is happy that I made it (with his help and wisdom) which I learned while he was alive....  Thanks again for being concerned and loving guys.   This is my connection to the community be it gay or hiv..

Love

Eric

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2011, 10:27:13 am »

ONWARD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVBsjFqVQXE[center}

Contained in everything I do
There's a love, I feel for you
Proclaimed in everything I write
You're the light
Burning, brightly
Onward through the night
Onward through the night
Onward through the night of my life

Displayed in all the things I see
There's a love you show to me
Portrayed in all the things you say
You're the day
Leading the way
Onward through the night
Onward through the night

Onward through the night
Onward through the night

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2011, 09:22:51 am »
As surely as there are hard times and there will be more of them, there are also going to times when the sun comes out and you'll think I am so glad to be here for this.

You just get the whole deal, Eric.

Personally, I work at keeping it simple. Just being present for this day, this moment. Right now I am listening to the Dawes, a group that opened for Alisson Krauss and Union Station here the earlier this evening. Knocked me out with sweet rock singing. And Union Station and AK, what great fiddling. I'm glad I was here for them.

We're just each doing the best we can. Good that you're around and giving out with the thoughts and ways of expressing which you express in your own particular way.

Keep on truckin', buddy.
Andy Velez

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2011, 03:22:57 pm »
Hi Andy,

Excellent words to live by..  As most of my buddies in the program pound into my head.   

I think my biggest problem is being on my own or by myself.  I don't like that so much so I keep busy and try and not go to those places as much as I would normally....

Last couple of weeks have been a vast improvement for me..

Hugs,

Eric

Offline Theyer

• Current ambition. Walk the Dog .
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2011, 06:43:15 am »
Dear Eric,
I hope things are settling for you and the loss and loniness you can feel is not so raw all the time,I am sure many off us can relate to your recent experiances even if like me they do not have the ability to  clearly express that part off there life.Your ability to do so is helpfull to me as you faced the feelings,and shared them which reduces the loniness I have about areas off my life.
Thanks and take good care off yourself
t
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline geo1263

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2011, 11:29:11 pm »
Eric Thank you for your story and take care Sorry  :( and I understand.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 11:33:21 pm by geo1263 »

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2011, 04:17:07 pm »
Thank you for your posts...   Its rather iluminating the time I have spent between then and now and how things evolve (me) and change for the better....  Not by my own doing but by the help from others...

I have some things to look forward to and I am even thinking about trying to go out and date again...  Or, least figure out how to have a puppy again...   

Here is song that makes me feel good...  It sorta expresses me better than me trying to write it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-P2awWTLmGU

Love

Eric

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2011, 05:06:08 pm »
Or, least figure out how to have a puppy again
while not a cure for whatever ails you, having a puppy rivels laughter in being the best medicine. ;) ;D
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2011, 03:08:25 pm »
Mike... I have had two exceptional weeks....   The Aspens are gold and that chill of winter to come is in the air...  I have made some committments to myself that I can hold myself responsible for and not others to make me happy.   Its fun to put stuff back on the calender and look forward to them.   I am swinging by our shelter every couple of days and taking dogs out for walks...   It all feels much better..   Where was I two months ago, just blows me away when I think about it...  So I dont...

Mikey,

Have a great weekend..

Hugs

Eric

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2011, 03:26:55 pm »
It takes a while, Eric, from baby steps at first, through steps backwards, to moving ahead again with an occasional leap forward, to get back into the groove of life after losing a love. (We're not going to talk about the rare stumble that'll still happen from time to time, because there's just nothing you can do about that but cry a bit more and be surprised that grief can still be potent when so many yrs and so much good life has gone by.)

I'm really glad to hear that you're having some good times again. It's hard to move forward; but I knew that you had the strength to do it. ;) Ah ha! Now I see! Walking those dogs is what has given you the puppy-fever so much. LOL Only the barest of leaf-changing going on here, and we're still having highs in the upper 70 to low 80s, so I don't want to hear about the chill. LOL Our nights are getting chilly though and I still have to get into the now cold pool water one last time to uncap the drain, so I'm waiting for a good sunny, really warm day (probably the last one coming later this week) before I finally say goodbye to Summer.

Take care and enjoy the Fall!
hugs Mikie  :-*
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline Theyer

• Current ambition. Walk the Dog .
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2011, 03:08:00 am »
Those local Dog shelters are dangerous places Eric , before you know it you will be looking for a new house or Kennel ,I am banned from entering any..

Enjoy the winter and as I stair into the tea leafs at the bottom off my old china cup I see torn trainers and pools off puppy pee in the morning.

Take care
t
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2011, 06:46:43 pm »

Bring up any memories??   

Hugs

Eric

ps...   I know this to be Williams second anniversary of his death on the 22nd of October.   This song is pretty appropriate about getting on with life..  William still miss you but I did create an account in Match.com...   (I will burn in hell for it)..   :) 

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.