Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:13:54 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 441
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 388
Total: 388

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Massage with a cut on the hand  (Read 19725 times)

Offline worriedsam

Massage with a cut on the hand
« on: May 02, 2007, 02:54:06 pm »
Hey People out here,
Firstly, I must congratulate everyone for the great support you provide to a lot of distressed people. That takes courage and strength.
I have been worried/concerned/anxious for the past month or so about 2 incidents I have had. I need clarification on these.
1) I had a tantra session with a professional tantra teacher where we in the bath tub together naked. She rubbed my penis (using soap as a lubricant), but, I dint recall touching her genitalia. She has a degree in Public Health and told me that soap is a disinfectant and she did not touch me anywhere else. I ejaculated and she wiped off with a towel. Now, if I was in the tub with her naked, is there a chance for the virus from her vaginal fluids make it to some minuscule cut on my body and infect me? She did not have any cuts (that I could see in her hand) and is her touching and stroking my genitals safe?
2) I had another tantra session with a different teacher and she did not get into the tub with me and just poured water on me with salts. She then gave me a massage and asked me also to give her back a rub. Again, I did not see any obvious cuts on her and dint remember myself having any cuts on myself except for maybe some dry skin (due to the weather). She then stroked my genitals using gloves and oil. Was I safe from both the experiences?
I have been anxious about this. I dint really recall getting sick (except for feeling occasional pain under arms and in the groin) and some neck pain (for a month now).
The incidents were 8 and 5 weeks ago.
Please advice me.
Thanks,
Sam

Offline worriedsam

Re: concerned...please clarify
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2007, 03:28:44 pm »
please respond even if this sounds ridiculous...
I need someone who understands the risks to respond...
please

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2007, 03:43:21 pm »
You masturbated.  There is no risk in doing that alone or with someone else doing it for you.

Read the lessons on transmission in the Welcome Thread, so you know how this disease actually works.

Nothing you did put you at a risk for HIV.  No way no how.
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline worriedsam

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2007, 03:47:24 pm »
Thanks for helping me put my mind at ease. I am constantly looking for symptoms and driving myself crazy.
If you did think otherwise from what I experienced, please let me know, but, I feel better already.

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2007, 03:49:57 pm »
No problem Glad we can help.

You really did NOT have any type of risk what so ever.
RIDE!!!

Offline worriedsam

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2007, 03:59:10 pm »
I tell myself that it is not possible for me to be infected with the exposure I had but, maybe its the guilt (I am married) of the in-discretion or just anxiousness I am not sure, I have been driving myself crazy.
I get very depressed thinking of this and to be honest, it is shameful of me to do that considering there are people who are infected who are leading such positive lives. But, when the mind plays tricks or guilt sets in, makes it worse.
I hope this will be a big learn for me...its just worth putting myself through such horror. Be safe...always

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2007, 04:23:10 pm »
Well yes, be safer always is the way to go.

As you've already been told, there was absolutely no risk whatsoever for HIV transmission during that incident, even IF the woman was HIV+.

Guilt is a whole separate matter. That does nothing good for anyone concerned, so the best think you can do is to take a good deep breath, accept that you're a dawg like the rest of us, let it go and get on with your life. Really.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline worriedsam

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2007, 05:42:43 pm »
Thanks Andy for seconding the confident good words 'No Risk Whatsoever'...
I do not want to think of 'If's' and 'What If's' as that will drive me crazier.
In fact, I spoke to the 2 women and they seemed surprised that I was concerned...but, I did not ask their status...

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2007, 06:38:19 pm »
Well, you are actually responsible for your own health. They would have been within their rights to tell you to sod off when asked about their status.

Fortunately in this case you weren't at risk. Their responses are uhmm reassuring, but remember always to be safer in what you do. Then the HIV status of the person you are with is of interest but even if positive you're protected.
Andy Velez

Offline hypobass

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2007, 06:51:17 pm »
Isn't it funny how strong the mind is?  We take life and our circumstances for granted so much that we don't even realize how one or two little incidents can take the life we have worked so hard for away.  Please be FAITHFUL to your wife.  No reason putting her at risk for your foolish mistakes.  I'm sure that you've learned from this experience, and appreciate what you have a little more now.  By the way, you have the smooth moves with these Tantra teachers, or do are the quite friendly to all of their students??

Offline worriedsam

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2007, 07:49:45 pm »
yes Andy...
i now realize that how close I have been to making a mess of things...and how lucky (I hope as you hav reassured) I have been...
well, the teachers are very well-versed and very nice...one needs to be careful of one's health and take precautions...

Offline worriedsam

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2007, 09:58:43 pm »
I maybe trying to bring a mute topic back to the fore, but, how does tranmission occur or not...?
I am no doc, but, truly understanding this is important...

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2007, 10:54:08 pm »
Please go to the "Welcome" thread and click the link on transmission.

Offline worriedsam

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2007, 11:31:20 am »
I was telling my friend about my post here and the clarification that I got from experts here...
he then said...check your lymph nodes near the groin and under arm and neck and see if they are swelling...he said, people dont know even if they have caught hiv...
I probably ended up pressing my groin area and it is paining a little and i can feel things when i press...now, that he has made me worried again, i started looking and found Dr.H in medhelp.org say that hiv does not cause the lymph nodes in the groin to swell and even if it does, one will be able to feel easily...
maybe, too much for a non-doc like me...
i have been looking for pictures of swollen lymph nodes on the internet...

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2007, 11:43:37 am »
Leave your nodes alone.  You did NOT have a risk.

Even if the ladies WERE hiv+ you DID NOT HAVE A RISK.
RIDE!!!

Offline worriedsam

« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2007, 01:59:25 pm »
Thanks AC,
You are such a gem...

Offline worriedsam

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2007, 03:42:55 pm »
How do people who moniter HIV know how it came by? Not everyone's experience can be absolutely accurate and people might lie...just how do people know how an individual got infected?
I am curious and would be glad to see some good responses...

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2007, 04:37:49 pm »
Without getting overly technical...

Because SCIENCE has PROVEN the ways that HIV is transmitted.

Which is why none of the advice we give is based off of what people SAY.  Only what science has proven over 25 years.
RIDE!!!

Offline worriedsam

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2007, 05:46:35 pm »
ok...
I suppose, for HIV virus to mutate, it needs a hospitable environment...and the urethra, vagina and the anus provide it with it and the tonsils to an extent...
thats why even an exposed cut elsewhere will not be a good place for a potential risk as the virus will need to travel far without getting potentially wiped out before it finds its first home...
That in a way provides science to conclude and asses individual transmission rate. Is that true/rubbish?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2007, 05:59:08 pm »
Take the tonsils off your list and add sharing work and/or needles and you be correct.

Offline worriedsam

« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2007, 06:06:25 pm »
ofcourse, since sharing work/needles puts the virus infected blood directly into the host's blood stream (back door entry).
And freshly used needles/syringes with live blood contain virus still active and not inactivated (as when it gets exposed to environment)...

Very scary to be honest!!!

Offline worriedsam

« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2007, 03:12:21 pm »
Reading some of the posts in this section is absolutely scary...
never thought about things until I started reading some posts...
whats a rash and how does it look like? I have something similar on my arms...but, it has been 7 and 10 weeks since my incident...
how stupid can I get?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2007, 06:41:26 pm »
Sam,

As you DID NOT HAVE A RISK, whatever is going on with your arms has nothing to do with hiv. If your arms worry you, see your doctor.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline worriedsam

« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2007, 11:22:39 am »
Hello Everyone,
I am going for my HIV + STD test today (part of immigration and insurance requirements). Considering the experience I had in March (I know I have received confirmation from you guys), will everything turn out well for me today?
I have visited this site and read things periodically and one thing that makes me feel better is reading good assurances from you folk.
So, please let me know.
P.S: I am scared yet feel I will come trumps...

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2007, 01:44:50 pm »
You'll test negative.
RIDE!!!

Offline worriedsam

« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2007, 11:26:51 pm »
After the scare that I had 5 months ago, I ran into some more trouble recently.
I was with my swim coach practicing some deep dives and things turned a little crazy between us. During this process, she touched my penis and the also the top of it for a couple of seconds. We were inside the swimming pool during the whole process (I think it was chlorinated water). Am I at risk here? I did not touch her or kiss or anything like that...
Since the urethra is the most vulnerable part for transmission and since she touched it, am I at risk here?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2007, 12:11:17 am »
That's not a risk. Go to the "Welcome" follow the link to transmission and read it and educate yourself on how HIV is transmitted.

Offline worriedsam

« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2007, 12:28:42 am »
Thanks Rapid...
I should never have let her touch me...I make these errors in judgement. My 3rd in 5 months and makes me sick...
SInce, you feel I am not at risk, I should not look for symptoms or things like that.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2007, 05:07:36 am »
Sam,

Hiv is a fragile, difficult to transmit virus that is primarily transmitted INSIDE the human body, as in unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse. It is NOT transmitted via someone simply touching your penis.

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex with a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through all three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence. Use them correctly and consistently any time you have intercourse and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline worriedsam

« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2007, 08:20:05 pm »
Thanks Ann for helping me feel better...
I will keep in mind the fact that I should always use condoms for a sexual intercourse...
I now know that getting a massage is no risk. But, what if I had a scrape on my hand and the therapist used oil in her hands to massage that? Is that also a no risk...?
I am running into this crazy question because I got a massage done and after the massage realised that I have an old scrape on my hand from a fall a week or so ago...
I mean people have nicks that they dont see and if a massage is done with oil, is that a risk?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2007, 08:33:38 pm »
sam,

Casual contact of any sort is not a risk. Forget about all these little cuts and scrapes and whatnot. Hiv is much to fragile to be transmitted in any of the ways you're thinking of, no matter what spin you can dream up to put on it.

Make sure condoms are being used for intercourse and you won't become infected.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline worriedsam

« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2007, 10:46:36 pm »
so, massage is ok? with or without cuts and/or scrapes?
I have been too scared of this HIV...I had a scare 5 months back and I got myself tested a couple of months back and now, I am concerned about someone touching my penis and the consequences of a massage.
Thank God for aidsmeds...else, I would have turned crazy for sure...

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2007, 06:04:32 am »
Sam,

Massage is OK. So is getting a handjob. Hiv is absolutely NOT transmitted in these ways, no matter what details you add.

Just makes sure you use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse and you'll be fine where hiv is concerned. Don't forget to read through the condom and lube links in my signature line.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline worriedsam

« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2007, 07:09:06 pm »
Thanks Ann...
I don't think I should ask you about STD's...but, if you were to say something, are my scenarios STD free too...?
I did not have any genital touching during the massage but, my penis was touched during the swimming pool encounter.
I have had Syphlis and other STD's tested recently along with the HIV test...

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2007, 07:58:56 pm »
Sam,

No, you don't need to worry about STIs in this situation.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline worriedsam

« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2007, 11:12:51 pm »
Thanks Ann...you make me feel better everytime...
I have been mild burning at my penis tip...not sure if it is anything...no discharge or anything that I can notice...
I suppose I should take is a physiological thing rather than worry that I may have contracted an sti...moreso, since you have re-assured me.

Offline worriedsam

Massage with a cut on the hand
« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2007, 08:54:54 pm »
Guys
I have mailed before on this site and thats to you folk, I feel at peace...
but, today I have created one more scare in my mind.
I had a burn on my hand this morning and it has resulted in 2 open wounds on my right hand.
This evening, I went for a massage and explicitely told the massuer that I have a cut on my hand and that she should not massage my hand. I am not sure if she has not touched my hand inadvertantly. Is it safe?
and if I have a pimple on the body and if the massuer touches it with her hands, is that also safe?
Please tell me soon as it has only 1 hr since the incident happened...
Thanks so much guys
Really worried sam...

Offline RapidRod

Re: Massage with a cut on the hand
« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2007, 09:00:45 pm »
You've been here before then you should know the posting guidelines. Please post in your original thread.

Offline worriedsam

« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2007, 09:36:51 pm »
Rapid,
I am sorry for this, but, I was told to post in a new message..

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2007, 10:04:56 pm »
I have merged your threads, please keep everything in this thread from now on..I don't know who told you to start a new one but I doubt it was anyone here.

This is not an HIV risk, you should know this already because you have been told, please take the time to read the Welcome Thread and follow the lessons on how HIV is and is not transmitted.

Jan
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline worriedsam

« Reply #40 on: December 26, 2007, 12:04:28 pm »
I got very paranoid as I had a deep cut on my hand and though I had mentioned to her not to massage or touch me there, I was not sure if she did touch in-advertantly and also with a pimple on my body, I really got panicked.
Thanks for the re-assurance Annie.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #41 on: December 26, 2007, 12:36:22 pm »
Once again this is a no risk situation for HIV transmission. If you simply re-read what's been said to you previously instead of just indulging in your fearful fantasies you would know that. You've been told that the real risk for HIV is unprotected vaginal or anal intercourse.

All of the other stuff is either no risk or only theoretically risky. Get with the program and start thinking instead of worrying.
Andy Velez

Offline worriedsam

« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2008, 08:30:09 pm »
Guys,
I am back with a new worry...
this evening, I had a massage with a woman who has/had lymphoma (she said she had it removed and was cancerous or maybe not). She stroked me to ejaculation and I have been worried since then if I need to get more than worried...
I did not do anything with her other than she stroke me to ejaculation.
It would be awesome if someone can please tell me if I need to be concerned...
Thanks,
Sam

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2008, 08:54:35 pm »
Sam,

Of course this wasn't a risk and you've been coming here long enough to know that by now. We're not here to hold your hand every time you get wanked off.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline worriedsam

« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2008, 09:03:00 pm »
ANn,
I understand that and I appreciate the fact that you respond back to me whenever I perceive myself in trouble.
So, is the fact that she has/had lymphoma not a worry?

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #45 on: November 20, 2008, 09:06:45 pm »
No. the fact that she has/had lymphoma is not a worry to you at all.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #46 on: November 20, 2008, 09:08:53 pm »
Sam,

Why on earth should it? Lymphoma does not equal hiv and you can't "catch" cancer from another person during a massage. Just like you cannot be infected with hiv during a massage.

Keep going on about this and you'll be timed out. I mean, really, use your head!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline worriedsam

« Reply #47 on: November 20, 2008, 09:54:46 pm »
Ann,
Please dont time me out...I apologise if I am being stupid and dumb...
I dont intend to hurt anyone here...
I was just worried and I trust you guys as much as anything out there.
Again, I apologise...
Sam

Offline worriedsam

Does vomit contain HIV?
« Reply #48 on: December 16, 2008, 12:33:09 pm »
Ann, Rapid, Jk, Andy and others,
I have a question to ask you folk...
A week ago, in flight, the guy behind my row suddenly threw up and in the process a fair amount fell on the guy next to me. I initially observed nothing had landed on me, but as I got up to head to the rest room, i placed my hand on one of the seats and i realised that his vomit had even landed there. I immediately went to the restroom and washed off. I asked the air hostess if it is alright, she said...you are fine.
It has been bothering me and considering that I am always worried, is this a valid worry for hiv/std?
Please tell me and please do not time me out...
Sam

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #49 on: December 16, 2008, 12:41:48 pm »
Sam,

GROW UP!!! You've been coming here for over a year and a half and yet you come back to ask - with a straight face, no doubt - if VOMIT is a risk for hiv or other STIs? Give it a rest. Why don't you just go live in a bubble somewhere.

Don't even bother coming back with one response. It's time out time if you do.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.