Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:02:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 391
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 352
Total: 353

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: COVID-19 Vaccine  (Read 71731 times)

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
COVID-19 Vaccine
« on: February 24, 2021, 07:40:31 pm »
At 10:30.  The VA emailed me today at 11:30AM, I called the number they gave me, and I was all set up with both appointments within 10 minutes.

It will be the Pfizer vaccine. The second dose will be March 18th.

We have been trying what seems like forever, on various web sites with no luck at all.

I tried the Publix website at 7:00 this morning, by 7:47, Pinellas county was out of vaccine.

The Publix website is still available on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 7:00 am.

You go to there website, and it refreshes automatically every 60 seconds, and you hope that you get into the appointment que, to set up appt. We both have been doing this for several weeks with no luck, besides checking out Samsclub, Walmart , Winn Dixie, Walgreens and CVS. We only know one other person my age that has received the vaccine.

So that's what we've been doing on those days, but the bad weather slowed things down quite a bit.

Now we will try to get My Partner Ed, his vaccine.

Ray  8)

« Last Edit: February 24, 2021, 07:43:05 pm by J.R.E. »
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline J.R.E.

Re: COVID-19 Vaccine
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2021, 08:39:33 pm »

Now we will try to get My Partner Ed, his vaccine.

Ray  8)

OK, we're all set !! Ed received his EMAIL, a couple hours ago, and his two appointments are now set up.

He will get his first on Wednesday morning at 10:00am.( Pfizer).. His second one is scheduled for March 24th.

Meanwhile,.... No problems here with my first shot. The arm was just the slightest bit sore, but it only lasted a less than a day.

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2021, 01:43:38 pm »
Trying to attain a vaccine appt is a hot mess here too!  I feel so bad for the people who have no computer access.
It took me days before I was able to get mine and the appt was weeks out.  I got my first dose already and my second is mid March.

Good luck and stay well!

Snow
Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important

The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2021, 11:16:40 am »
we're going today to get our first shot!

South Carolina is planning to open up to 55+ (including adults with comorbidities) on Mar 8th and is allowing early signup. Although my hubby is only 54, having HIV is on the list, so I got us both registered today.....and right after that got to set up the appointments for this afternoon! I'm very excited!

My mom and her husband (both older than 75) have gotten both their shots, along with my 103 yr. old grandmother in her nursing home. My youngest brother and his wife got COVID (from their son, when they helped him move some new furniture) back in August and were quite ill for 3 weeks. Recently they volunteered at a Charlotte NC vaccine location and got their first shot. (they should just about be ready for shot 2 next week). All this is excellent as me, my mom, my sister-in-law, 2 brothers, 2 nephews, and 1 niece (a new nurse who has had her 2 shots) all have our birthdays from feb 21 to mar 23. At this rate, we'll be able to have our big March birthday bash sometime in early April!!! A little late and a little over a year from the last time we all were able to get together last March.

The only downside is my middle brother. He's got a late Feb birthday, but he's 54 so isn't eligible yet.  :'(  He's a little bit of a loner anyway so maybe he can just zoom in to our birthday bash.  ;D ;D
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2021, 04:45:00 pm »
we're going today to get our first shot!

South Carolina is planning to open up to 55+ (including adults with comorbidities) on Mar 8th and is allowing early signup. Although my hubby is only 54, having HIV is on the list, so I got us both registered today.....and right after that got to set up the appointments for this afternoon! I'm very excited!

That's great Mike !! It is such a relief to get that first shot ! Ed got his first shot at 9:40 this morning. It was quick and very well organized. I dont think it took more than 30 minutes.( This was the State doing it) They were giving them out in an old abandoned Winn Dixie .

From there, we went down to the VA, as I had a rehab Appointment scheduled for my right shoulder.

I had slight problems with my right rotator cuff, and the Dr, gave me a shot 3 weeks ago.

The good news is, I have no pain, and full mobility again in he right arm. After he gave me the shot, the pain went away.

I had the same issue in 1997, with the same rotator cuff, and the shot back then lasted, up until 3 months ago, when it started acting up again. Hopefully the steroid injection he gave me 3 weeks ago, will last another 24 years.

If it does, last that long,  that will take me to the ripe old age of 93.  :P

I have an MRI scheduled next Monday, just to recheck the area around my rotator cuff, My second Covid on the 18th, and an eye exam on the 22nd. March is a very busy month for me.

Hope everything is going well for you. ( You too Snow),....

This VA, was offering the covid vaccine to all ( Vets) who entered the main hospital, and who also did not have a previous appointment to get one. It's really beginning to roll out now.

Ray  8)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline fabio

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2021, 08:18:25 am »
Oh man,I'll be at the last people 😢. Did you have any weird side effects ? Or everything is mint?
Man,I cant wait to get it over with too so I can start clinicals.

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2021, 10:06:39 am »
Oh man,I'll be at the last people 😢. Did you have any weird side effects ? Or everything is mint?
Man,I cant wait to get it over with too so I can start clinicals.

No side effects!  Only a little bit of tenderness at the injection site, for a few hours.  Otherwise, all is well !

Hopefully you will get yours soon !!  Fingers crossed for you

Ray  8)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2021, 11:14:18 am »
It was quick and very well organized. I dont think it took more than 30 minutes.( This was the State doing it) They were giving them out in an old abandoned Winn Dixie .
took us about 30 mins (including the 15-min wait to see if you're going to spaz out to the vaccine. :) I had a nice chat with nurse who stuck me about my allergies to horses, aspirin and pineapple. I was the 2nd pineapple allergy she had talked to that day! The local hospital with the city (not my current city which is just a town but my former city about 20 miles away) took over an old discount store and was really working on stabbing lots of people. They are doing 20 patients every 15 mins because of all the stations they have set up.

the shot itself? Never felt it. the easiest jab I've ever gotten - and after 30ish yrs with treating HIV/AIDS, I've been jabbed a LOT!!! I lost count years ago after over 325 needle sticks (for meds, blood draws, all those jabs in the hospital) Today though my arm is sore as hell! :( Hubby has the same issue. However a friend that went earlier in the morning isn't having any issues. the jerk. LOL

I had the same issue in 1997, with the same rotator cuff, and the shot back then lasted, up until 3 months ago, when it started acting up again.
ugh. i don't want to jinx myself but I've had a rotator cuff issue too. A few years back it hurt like hell and my right arm was numb all the time. I did the MRI thing but knew 3 people who the surgery had helped and 3 people who felt they were worse off. 50/50? I'm so not a gambler so those odds sucked. I put off the surgery and, lo and behold, my shoulder quit hurting and my arm isn't numb. (don't jinx, don't jinx, don't jinx)

If it does, last that long,  that will take me to the ripe old age of 93.  :P
My Grandmother is about 5 months from turning 104, and I'm afraid I'm going to live that long too!?!

March is a very busy month for me.
March is always busy for us. It's birthday month! Starting on Feb 21 to Mar 23, my mom, a nephew, a niece, both my younger brothers, a sister-in-law, and 5 friends have birthdays. My birthday is coming up too this month on the 14th (3.14 aka PI day :) mmm pie). I'll be entering the last year of my 50s!! Fifty-nine is pretty damned good considering I was supposed to have died back on my 36th and 38th birthdays. hahaha screw you HIV. I'm living to 104! :D

Oh, and screw you too COVID. I've got a shot in my arm and always have a mask on when I'm out, and I hardly ever go out. LOL
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline fabio

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2021, 06:04:23 am »
No side effects!  Only a little bit of tenderness at the injection site, for a few hours.  Otherwise, all is well !

Hopefully you will get yours soon !!  Fingers crossed for you

Ray  8)

Glad everything went well,hopefully the entire country (and the world) gets done with this virus so you can get to normalcy faster.

Offline fabio

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2021, 05:25:34 am »
We are still on the 60-62 age group in Greece (my dad missed the age group,he is 56 haha) and it will probably take a lot of time till they reach the 25 group (me).

Offline Almost2late

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2021, 04:42:35 am »
Glad to see you guys in the south are getting those shots. Supposedly here in Oregon they'll start the people with underlying health conditions, between 45 to 65 at the end of the month, but the biggest complaint has been trying to sign up for the shots.. they run out of appointments quick and still to many people who have been eligible can't seem to get appointments.. it's sort of a cluster fuck. And guess what, they're not going to verify if you have any underlying conditions.. it's all on an honor system system, lol.

@fabio - so your underlying condition isn't prioritized in greece? I sure hope you don't have to long a wait.

Anyways, I got my mask and sanitizer so I'm not to worried about that bug.. I really just want to get it so I could fly without worries.

I did recently get the shingles vaccine and it did hit me with a sore arm and a couple of days of fatigue. I guess that means it's working. Stay safe everyone.

Offline fabio

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2021, 09:10:24 am »
Glad to see you guys in the south are getting those shots. Supposedly here in Oregon they'll start the people with underlying health conditions, between 45 to 65 at the end of the month, but the biggest complaint has been trying to sign up for the shots.. they run out of appointments quick and still to many people who have been eligible can't seem to get appointments.. it's sort of a cluster fuck. And guess what, they're not going to verify if you have any underlying conditions.. it's all on an honor system system, lol.

@fabio - so your underlying condition isn't prioritized in greece? I sure hope you don't have to long a wait.

Anyways, I got my mask and sanitizer so I'm not to worried about that bug.. I really just want to get it so I could fly without worries.

I did recently get the shingles vaccine and it did hit me with a sore arm and a couple of days of fatigue. I guess that means it's working. Stay safe everyone.

They dont really consider hiv positive people in the "sensitive groups" but it's still alright because I do live in an island so it wont be a big issue with getting infected ,since we have zero cases now.

Hopefully I do get it done quickly.

I remember having shingles,it was quite awful. It's a good thing you did the  vaccine.

Offline Almost2late

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2021, 01:26:09 pm »
They dont really consider hiv positive people in the "sensitive groups" but it's still alright because I do live in an island so it wont be a big issue with getting infected ,since we have zero cases now.

Hopefully I do get it done quickly.

I remember having shingles,it was quite awful. It's a good thing you did the  vaccine.

Guess with zero cases you're good to go. Oregon does have cases but I think we have the 3rd lowest covid deaths per capita in the US and pretty low cases compared to other states.. I think it's due to our governor's strict covid regulations.

I never had shingles and from what you say it doesn't sound like any fun.. I'm due for a booster in a couple of months.
I was also offered the flu vaccine but decided to pass since flu season was virtually non existent during covid.. aren't mask awesome 😷

Offline fabio

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2021, 01:38:52 pm »
That's true,the flu was nothing this year. I do have to do my follow up check ups this month or the next,but I'll have to do a lot of paperwork and make sure there is a ferry boat to come back (otherwise I'll be stuck there and hotels aren't open). Its really crappy that nothing is open in Greece,but understandable.
I will also ask about the vaccine and when it's a good time to do it,although I doubt they will know. I do hope I haven't messed up,but I dont think theres any news about hiv positive people doing the vaccine now.

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2021, 07:52:38 pm »
I never had shingles and from what you say it doesn't sound like any fun.. I'm due for a booster in a couple of months.
shingles are/can be very icky. And I didn't even have them as bad as my husband. Like mine, his outbreak of shingles was a long time ago. While mine only covered one hip (wearing pants was mostly unbearable for weeks), his outbreak ran up  the side of his face and very nearly affected his eye. (I have known one person who had shingles in their eye!)

aren't mask awesome 😷
I hope we mask up every flu/cold season. Not even getting the sniffles this Winter was wonderful. The sniffles I'm getting now are from some early pre-Spring pollen.
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline metekrop

• Is time running fast for you.
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2021, 09:06:24 pm »
Hello there,

I am 52 and schedule to take covid19 vaccination. However, I worried that this vaccination is going to make me sick as I know few people who terribly sick after taking this vacation. So, is there anyone who takes the vaccination who can share his experience of the vaccine?

Greatly appreciate.
Diag.on 12/8, 2000, CD 440 VL 44K, No Meds
12/08 - 2/09 CD< 50 & VL >500k hosp'z.
St. Atripla - 7/09 CD 179, VL 197k
10/09 CD 300 VL U
3/10 468 U
8/10 460 U
12/10 492 U
3/11 636 U
8/11 530 U
1/12  616 U
7/12 640 U
12/12 669 U
5/13 711 U
11/13 663 U
4/14  797 U
10/14 810 U
4/15 671 U
10/15 694 U
3/16 768 U
8/16 459 U
2/22 780 U
8/31 940 U
2/26 809 U
8/18 882 U
3/28 718 U
8/15 778 U
2/25 920 70
8/11 793 U
2/22 690 U
6/8 834 U

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2021, 09:12:24 pm »
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline metekrop

• Is time running fast for you.
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2021, 02:19:58 pm »
Thank you Jim for the information you provided me with.  It is helpful and uplifting and will be going and take the vaccine.  Thank you, brother.
Diag.on 12/8, 2000, CD 440 VL 44K, No Meds
12/08 - 2/09 CD< 50 & VL >500k hosp'z.
St. Atripla - 7/09 CD 179, VL 197k
10/09 CD 300 VL U
3/10 468 U
8/10 460 U
12/10 492 U
3/11 636 U
8/11 530 U
1/12  616 U
7/12 640 U
12/12 669 U
5/13 711 U
11/13 663 U
4/14  797 U
10/14 810 U
4/15 671 U
10/15 694 U
3/16 768 U
8/16 459 U
2/22 780 U
8/31 940 U
2/26 809 U
8/18 882 U
3/28 718 U
8/15 778 U
2/25 920 70
8/11 793 U
2/22 690 U
6/8 834 U

Offline OneTampa

• "Butterflies are free."
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2021, 02:43:01 pm »
Getting my COVID Vaccination in 2 weeks.

Hope all goes well with no issues.

Best,

OT

:)
"He is my oldest child. The shy and retiring one over there with the Haitian headdress serving pescaíto frito."

Offline OneTampa

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2021, 02:46:20 pm »
Getting my COVID Vaccination in two weeks.

Looking for all to go well.

Will report back.

Best.

OT

"He is my oldest child. The shy and retiring one over there with the Haitian headdress serving pescaíto frito."

Offline Grasshopper

« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2021, 04:42:21 pm »

as I know few people who terribly sick after taking this vacation. 

Hello,

those people you are referring to, are they also hiv+ ?

Online Tonny2

« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2021, 10:24:06 pm »

ojo.        Hi everyone!...I got my first shot, coronavirus vaccination, from moderna, so far no problems, just I little sore on the injection site...very organized and quick procedure, second shot on April 8...I will let you know how it goes...hugs

Offline fabio

« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2021, 02:36:00 am »
So,I did call the secretary on my ID ward and they said that I will do the vaccine normally (with my age group and all) so I will most probably wait long...

Offline Pirata

« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2021, 01:49:52 pm »
I had my first dose two weeks ago, I got the one from Pfizer and I didn’t have any secondary reactions, my arm was sore a little but after 2 days was fine. Getting my second dose next Friday the 19th

Offline pozzitive

• LOVE heals everything!
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2021, 03:59:10 pm »
A very irrational fear took over me today when I was able to sign up for my vaccine tomorrow.
I thought I was going to feel relieved and happy but all of a sudden all the can-go-wrong scenarios are playing in my head.

Ugh.

I guess I just want to hear how everyone else felt and maybe some support.

I know this is sort of childish and ridiculous.

POZ since 2000 • On Genvoya

"I can be changed by what happens to me. but I refuse to be reduced by it.”

Online Tonny2

« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2021, 04:49:55 pm »

ojo.          Hi, I got my moderna vaccine last Thursday, first shot, I just felt my arm sore, like when I got the flu shot, it lasted just one day...you are going to be fine, relax... please let us know how it goes and what vaccinations you’re going to get... good luck

Offline gafry53

« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2021, 10:04:40 am »
If you had the covid-19 vaccine please let us know if you had any reactions or problems. We are already taking drugs to control our HIV now more to control possible covid-19. Give us your feed back if it effected your HIV or if you had a bad reaction.

Offline Grasshopper

« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2021, 01:54:46 pm »

ojo.          Hi, I got my moderna vaccine last Thursday, first shot, I just felt my arm sore, like when I got the flu shot, it lasted just one day...you are going to be fine, relax... please let us know how it goes and what vaccinations you’re going to get... good luck

Here in Europe a few countries (also the Netherlands and Belgium) has suspended vaccination with Astra Zeneca's vaccine Moderna, due to some severe side effects. I guess it's temporarily until it's figured out who's at risk for complications.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-56404542

"Covid-19: France, Germany and Italy suspend AstraZeneca vaccine

Germany, France and Italy have halted rollouts of the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine, after a series of incidents in Europe involving blood clots.
They join several smaller European nations who have halted vaccinations as a precaution while checks are made."

Online Tonny2

« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2021, 08:14:16 pm »

ojo.          Hi!!!
@Grasshopper. Moderna is a vaccine from the USA, AstraZeneca is from England, they are two different vaccine vaccines. I got my first shot last Thursday no problems, only a sore arm...hugs my friend

Offline venom_X

« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2021, 12:45:34 am »
Just want to share some personal experience with the SARS-CoV2 vaccine.

I got my first dose early last month, the Moderna one. In my life, I took many vaccines and never had any serious reaction. The worst reaction I had with any vaccines in the past was with the Gardasil 4, I got a big red sore arm for about 2 weeks after the 3rd dose. All other vaccines I barely noticed a thing.

Now with the Moderna, I got a sore arm for about 2 days after the injection and then it went away. On exactly the 8th day, the skin just right below where the needle went in starts to itch and a few hours later, a big red bump developed about 1 inch below where the needle went in, it is warm to touch and extremely itchy but not painful. A day later (9th day after injection), it enlarges to about 5 inches in diameter with the center bump being hard and warm to touch. It was the worst on the 3rd day (10th day after injection) and it really feels like cellulitis but I'm sure this time it's not a bacteria infection. Then it started to calm down and completely resolved in a week (14 days post injection).

I'm still debating whether I should go for the 2nd dose, as it's already over a month past the 1st dose.

I've been reading on this, a recent publication on NEJM talked about this phenomenon but I found most patients that had this reaction are female (I'm a guy). The biopsy suggests T cell infiltration to the injection site and the authors hypothesize it's the Type IV hypersensitivity due to overly active T cells, could be type of auto-immune/hyper immune scenario. I never had allergy or auto-immune issues prior to the HIV infection, not sure if this is somehow related to the HIV infection.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc2102131

Anyone here have similar reactions? And did you take the 2nd dose?
Infected Mid June, 2019
Acute syndrome late June, started Biktarvy
3 weeks post infection (1 week on ART): VL: 330k, CD4 400 (33%), CD8 460, CD4/CD8 ratio: 0.9
5 weeks pi: VL: 300, CD4: 500 (30%), CD8: 690, ratio: 0.7
8 weeks: VL: 30,  CD4: 590 (28%), CD8: 920, ratio: 0.6
12 weeks: VL <30, CD4: 750 (37%), CD8: 700, ratio 1.1
20 weeks: VL<30, CD4 550 (dropped from 750 from 2 months ago, 38%), CD8 450, Ratio 1.2, elevated liver enzymes
8 months: UD, CD4 720 (40%)
12 months: UD
2021 May UD CD4 970 (43%) CD4/8 ratio: 1.3
2021 Nov UD CD4 630 (39%) CD4/8 ratio: 0.9

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2021, 06:09:02 pm »

I'm still debating whether I should go for the 2nd dose, as it's already over a month past the 1st dose.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc2102131

Hi,

Sorry to hear about the issues that you were having with the first dose of Moderna. I really believe, you need to talk with your primary care doctor and see what He/she says about this. I don't believe there is much lee-way with the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine. If too much rime goes between your first and second dose, it may just render the first dose useless.

You REALLY need to look into this further, and quickly Take care ...

I wish I could give you more advice, I now know quite a few people that have had Pfizer, moderna, and the  J and J, and no one has reported  issues, with any of the three vaccines.

Ray
« Last Edit: March 16, 2021, 06:14:14 pm by J.R.E. »

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2021, 08:34:29 pm »
I received my second vaccination, yesterday morning at 10:30. Happy to report all is well. No arm pain at all.

I also just read that "Trump’s Mar-a-Lago is partially closed because of COVID"

https://www.local10.com/news/local/2021/03/19/trumps-mar-a-lago-partially-closed-because-of-covid-outbreak-reports-say//

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Pirata

« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2021, 02:48:34 pm »
I had my second dose yesterday. I didn’t have any side effects the first time or the second time, just a little tenderness in the injection spot. I got Pfizer. Here in North Carolina  they have done a great job.

PozChilean

« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2021, 12:29:23 am »
I had my second Pfizer shot in early March. I couldn't be more greatful.

Offline gafry53

« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2021, 08:56:11 am »
Has anyone got the vaccine who is undetectable and did you have any reactions and what kind ?? I am undetectable  taking Atripla and waiting to see what this experiment vaccine does to your immune system before taking any vaccine.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2021, 09:04:32 am »
Not sure what you mean with experiment

Anyhow, plenty of people have had the vaccine including forum members.
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline gafry53

« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2021, 09:09:22 am »
I know your working for the drug companies.
So your answer is taken with a grain of salt.

Offline gafry53

« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2021, 09:14:52 am »
So called NEWS don't tell you over 1500 died and 30,000 plus had side effects form the vaccine. They also don't tell you that Doctors are not sure of the long term effect it has on your immune system? I am waiting a long time to take this for a virus that had a 99% survival rate. This Country is full of people afraid because they are not informed and don't want to be.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2021, 09:17:06 am »

Ugh, please stop posting bullshit.  Had enough of your nonsense, consider yourself warned.
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2021, 09:22:17 am »
Has anyone got the vaccine who is undetectable and did you have any reactions and what kind ?? I am undetectable  taking Atripla and waiting to see what this experiment vaccine does to your immune system before taking any vaccine.

if you read through this thread is full of people who are UD and have little to no reactions to the vaccine.

It's not that much of an "experimental" vaccine
mRNA vaccines are a new type of vaccine to protect against infectious diseases. To trigger an immune response, many vaccines put a weakened or inactivated germ into our bodies. Not mRNA vaccines. Instead, they teach our cells how to make a protein—or even just a piece of a protein—that triggers an immune response inside our bodies. That immune response, which produces antibodies, is what protects us from getting infected if the real virus enters our bodies.

Researchers have been studying and working with mRNA vaccines for decades. Interest has grown in these vaccines because they can be developed in a laboratory using readily available materials. This means the process can be standardized and scaled up, making vaccine development faster than traditional methods of making vaccines.

mRNA vaccines have been studied before for flu, Zika, rabies, and cytomegalovirus (CMV). As soon as the necessary information about the virus that causes COVID-19 was available, scientists began designing the mRNA instructions for cells to build the unique spike protein into an mRNA vaccine.

Future mRNA vaccine technology may allow for one vaccine to provide protection for multiple diseases, thus decreasing the number of shots needed for protection against common vaccine-preventable diseases.

Beyond vaccines, cancer research has used mRNA to trigger the immune system to target specific cancer cells."
https://https://www.thebodypro.com/article/mrna-vaccine-covid-19-hiv
www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/different-vaccines/mrna.html

You might not want to be to dismissive of mrna vaccines as they might end up curing HIV
https://www.thebodypro.com/article/mrna-vaccine-covid-19-hiv

as to worrying about this vaccine, I would suggest that instead you consider changing from Atripla to something more effective with less side effects. That drug is no longer prescribed as a front line medication because other much better (more effective, less side effects) meds have been on the market for a decade of more.

your answer was a little rude and dismissive although Jim's answer said nothing tainted by the drug companies. MRNA meds aren't really experimental and plenty of people, including forum members (like me!) have had this vaccine.
leatherman (aka Michael)

PozChilean

« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2021, 10:22:19 am »
If you're an antivaxxer there's not much any of us can say to change your mind.

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2021, 12:53:06 pm »
So called NEWS don't tell you over 1500 died and 30,000 plus had side effects form the vaccine. They also don't tell you that Doctors are not sure of the long term effect it has on your immune system? I am waiting a long time to take this for a virus that had a 99% survival rate.
your math skills are atrocious.

You can't look at the quantity because every year there are more people on earth and more of everything happening. The population is larger every year. Usually more people vote every time. More diseases are happening to all those larger populations. Etc. So to understand the impact of something you have to consider the percentage. For example, aspirin kills 9000 people a year! Sounds terrible doesn't it?! but out of billions of doses per year to an ever increasing patient base that 9k doesn't even equate to 1% of the population.

So far over 100 million doses have been given out in America alone and the percentage of death is only 0.0018%
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/safety/adverse-events.html

Also that 99% survival rate you are touting, that's only good for people who don't have additional comorbidities, who are younger than 50, who aren't black or latinx, etc. For some people the survival rate ain't that good, and we all should have a bit of empathy for those of us who aren't as lucky.

This Country is full of people afraid because they are not informed and don't want to be.
and that's a completely misinformed viewpoint about those other "people". Not understanding or not agreeing with the safety precautions of others doesn't make them un-informed.
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline Almost2late

« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2021, 02:51:13 pm »
I'm due for my shot very soon, but like I've said before.. even after a full vaccination I will continue to mask up where feasible like public transportation.

Variations of the virus are spreading due to some very stubborn people refusing to follow the advice of our scientific experts, and they don't know if the current vaccine is effective against the new strains.

You mean the same drug companies that have kept you from dying of AIDS? C'mon dude, you're being ridiculous.. I don't think HIV drug companies need to plant someone to pretend they're poz to sell their drugs.. they pretty much sell themselves.

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2021, 03:38:32 pm »
If you're an antivaxxer there's not much any of us can say to change your mind.

We spoke the other day to one of our neighbors.  She's 73, she also told me, that she refuses to take the covid vaccine, just like she refuses to take the annual flu vaccine. Her husband  has already had his first one.

She has worked at cutting hair in nursing homes, so she hasn't been employed, for over a year. I mentioned to her, that she may never get back into the nursing home, without showing her card from the CDC, that she has received the doses necessary. she just shrugged me off.

She also said when it's her time to go" God will call her home."

My response to her was, " well, you can just stop taking those 12 other medications that are keeping you alive, and God can call you sooner" .  I don't think she understood my point. !  ::)

Ray

72 YEARS YOUNG

Online Tonny2

« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2021, 09:11:09 pm »

ojo.      Vvv v.   Hello everybody... I think I read someone saying that he/she is not taking the vaccine because doctors don’t know what the long time effects are, we are taking art and we don’t know what’s going to happen in the future, but, we know what happens in the present if we don’t take antiretroviral meds, DEATH, so, I will worry in the future if my pp gets bigger because having gotten the Covid vaccine... just a thought, but the way, I got my first MODERNA shot next one, April 8th...hugs

Offline OneTampa

« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2021, 09:34:40 am »
I received my second vaccination, yesterday morning at 10:30. Happy to report all is well. No arm pain at all.

I also just read that "Trump’s Mar-a-Lago is partially closed because of COVID"

https://www.local10.com/news/local/2021/03/19/trumps-mar-a-lago-partially-closed-because-of-covid-outbreak-reports-say//

Wonderful for you!  I go in for my appointment today.  Will report back how it goes. 

Best,

OT

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2021, 11:20:03 am »
Wonderful for you!  I go in for my appointment today.  Will report back how it goes. 

Best,

OT

Good luck to you !!

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline OneTampa

« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2021, 04:55:55 pm »
Good luck to you !!

Got my 1st COVID Vaccine shot yesterday.

No injection site issue.

Did later at night have a slight headache and felt tired.  It all went away after an hour or so.

Feel great now.

A curious event though.  The Nurse gave me a Card to show that I had the Vaccine. The 2nd dose will be entered onto the Card after it happens.  Was told to carry the card with me and also keep near passport.  Hope this initiative does not turn into a bad misuse process.

Best to Everyone,

OT

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2021, 06:48:21 pm »
Got my 1st COVID Vaccine shot yesterday.

A curious event though.  The Nurse gave me a Card to show that I had the Vaccine. The 2nd dose will be entered onto the Card after it happens.  Was told to carry the card with me and also keep near passport.  Hope this initiative does not turn into a bad misuse process.

Best to Everyone,

OT

Yes,  don't loose the card, although, if do, you should be able to get a replacement. That card is a record with the CDC, that the vaccine was given.

The nurse at the VA, told me to take a picture of it with my phone.  I did, and then sen it to my email, in a folder marked CDC vaccination.

And when you get your second dose, they will fill it out and give it back to you. There may come a time, if it already hasn't happened, that if you fly, you may need to present that card.

Also, there are two other places on that card for more vaccines. I am thinking that maybe somewhere down the road, it may be determined to get another Pfizer vaccine, booster.

Glad it all went well for you !!----Ray

PS,... My partner gets his second one ( Pfizer) tomorrow morning at 9:45

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2021, 07:05:22 pm »
I personally don't believe that this will be a misuse of information. Lets hope not.

My full name is on the card, Date of birth, along with the last 4 numbers of my social security  Some Patients may have a patient identification number, instead of last 4 SS.

It also list 2 different numbers for the separate doses,EN****, and EN*** ,.. which are most likely a batch, or lot #'s numbers of the vaccine.

Ray  8)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2021, 07:14:24 pm by J.R.E. »

72 YEARS YOUNG

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.