Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:23:26 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772947
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 484
Total: 485

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Am I being Paranoid?  (Read 6847 times)

Offline livelife

Am I being Paranoid?
« on: March 06, 2007, 06:43:13 pm »
Hello everyone I had a lap dance yesterday.  When the girl was on top of me I was thrusting my thumb in her but always with her thong on.  I had my pants unbuttoned but never did I have my underwear off.   I never ejaculated.   After the dance I went to the bathroom to pee when I was taking off my pants I noticed that I had fluid on my thumb and finger.  Like an idiot I put my thumb on my urethera to check if it was pre cum. and then was not sure so I took a leak and never thought of it until after.  I am wondering is this a risk for exposure?  Sounds like a dumb question but just wondering.

Offline livelife

Re: Was I put at Risk?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2007, 06:49:04 pm »
I forgot to mention I am worried that it was the vaginal secretions on my thumb and not pre-cum.

Thank you

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2007, 06:56:14 pm »
You didn't have a risk. You have nothing to worry about.

Offline livelife

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2007, 07:05:58 pm »
You didn't have a risk. You have nothing to worry about.

Thanks Rapid for the rapid response.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2007, 07:45:53 pm »
Whether you had your thumb in her or not and whether you ejaculated or not are totally irrelevant in terms of any HIV risk to you. As Rod has said, this was not in anyway a risky incident.

However, what is risky in the 26th year of the pandemic is for you to be unknowing about what is risky and what isn't. You can correct that lapse by reading our lesson about Transmission. There's a link to it in the welcome thread which opens this section. Please read it and get with what's there. That way you can enjoy your sexuality, protect your health and spare yourself the kind of unncessary worrying which brought you here.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2007, 08:05:45 pm »
livelife, keep all your thoughts and concerns in your own thread. Do not post in other people's threads.

Offline livelife

Am I being Paranoid?
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2007, 12:32:39 am »
Three years ago I had protected Vaginal Intercourse with a stripper.  The condom did not break.  After intercourse I pulled out zipped up my pants and took off the condom in the bathroom.  Last year I tood an Oral Orasure test which came back negative however I touched my tounge with the pallet which the PI of the orasure test says its a no no.  I called orasure and they told me the same thing  I am nervous because a girl at the club told me yesterday that the girl I had sex with no longer works there or in the profession because she tested HIV positive.  My question is should I restest?  Or should I put this behind me?

Offline RapidRod

Re: Am I being Paranoid?
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2007, 04:57:04 am »
Please keep all your concerns and thoughts here. Orginal Thread

Offline livelife

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2007, 07:10:33 am »
Hi guys.  Three years ago I went to a strip club and and had protected sex with a female stripper.  I used a condom and from what I can tell it stayed in tact.  I went to the club this week and a girl told me she no longer works there because she tested HIV positive.  I did take an oral oraquick test a year ago, but I feel I did it wrong because I swabbed my tounge and cheek which is a no no. The test came back negative.  Customer Service at orasure told me the test was done wrong and I should have retested.  Should I forget about this?  Or should I retest?  Sorry about not posting on original thread Rod I am trying to learn how to use this site.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2007, 07:21:01 am »
life,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

You have already tested hiv negative over this situation - and no surprise there, since condoms have been proven to prevent hiv infection. Keep using them correctly and consistently and you will continue to avoid hiv infection.

Have a read through all three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use them with confidence.

You ARE hiv negative.

Ann

PS - sorry about the time lag between me merging your thread and posting my response. I was called away from the computer in the middle of it all.

Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline livelife

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2007, 07:23:39 am »
Thanks Ann I was a little Nervous about the comment that the Oraquick Customer Serivice Rep told me that I did the test incorrect.  But I figure those test have controls and if a sample wasnt taken properly it would have come back blank.

Offline livelife

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2007, 09:51:19 am »
Do you guys think that if I tested negative the test got a sample?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2007, 10:48:41 am »
Life,

If the rapid test could be invalidated that easily, it wouldn't be in use. Period.

What you seem to be forgetting is the fact that you were not at risk in the first place. Condoms have been proven to prevent hiv transmission.

You ARE hiv negative. If you cannot bring yourself to believe us, go test again and collect another negative result.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline livelife

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2007, 11:04:39 am »
Ann you are right I am negative.  No need to continue to beat a dead horse.  Thank you for all your help.   Andy, RapidRod and Ann you are all very special people.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2007, 11:30:33 am »
Glad to help.

Make sure you read those condom links - and use them. You'll remain hiv negative if you do that for yourself.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline livelife

« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2007, 07:32:49 pm »
Hi Ann,Rapid,and Andy I was approached by the principal of my school this evening at mass to teach sex education starting tomorrow.  I may be firebombing you guys with lots of questions, I teach at an all boy catholic highschool and I told the Priest I would do it if he agreed to let me teach it properly.  Yes, NO GLOVE NO LOVE.  I have read the lessons and prefer your sight over the body so be on the lookout.

Warm Regards,

Livelife.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.