Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:42:18 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772954
  • Total Topics: 66311
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 465
Total: 466

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: My experience so far!  (Read 4000 times)

Offline heri24

My experience so far!
« on: December 03, 2012, 12:55:38 pm »
I've poz since long time ago, well that's what my Dr. thinks. On july of this year I was hospitalized with pneumonia, and the Dr. gives me the great news that I'm hiv+ with cd4: 25 and viral load: 7,000,000. That was the most horrible news that I have received in my life. I thought that my whole life was destroyed, I thought it was my end. I started my meds: truvada, prezista and norvir, with no hope. One day I realized that the hiv is like other conditions such as: diabetes, high pressure, you have to take meds to stay alive. So I was filled with strength, courage, positivsm and confidence. That was on july: cd4 25 v.l. 7,000,000, in my last test it was in october my cd4: 225 and v.l. 800. I know is hard but we can do it, it's not the end. Now I have a healthy life eating healthy doing workout, so I have to be greatful 'cause thank to the hiv my life changed in a positive way.

Hope my experience serves as an inspiration for people that think 'this is the end of the world' We can do it,you can do it!! believe in yourself!

Online leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
Re: My experience so far!
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 01:19:22 pm »
welcome to the forums! :D

did you know that 1/3 of the people diagnosed with HIV find out the way you did - in a hospital, sick with AIDS? I'm always glad to hear another great story of how meds help bring someone back from being grievously ill.

You might want to read through some of the LESSONS sections here to learn more since you're still sorta new to all this.

hang in there as things will continue to get better for you - both physically and mentally. ;)
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline darryaz

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2012, 01:31:54 pm »
did you know that 1/3 of the people diagnosed with HIV find out the way you did - in a hospital, sick with AIDS?

I actually didn't know that.  What a horrible statistic.

Offline heri24

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2012, 02:20:40 pm »
Thank you leatherman! It's sad that only 1/3 find out the way........

Offline wolfter

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2012, 03:24:42 pm »
Welcome to the forums.  I bounced back from single digit CD4's with a VL of 6.7 million.  And I have maintained my fabulousness. ;D

You should be UD within short order.  Just don't get flustered if you see a slow climb in CD4's.  It took quite a while for me and my % still remains at the low 20% mark.

Take care and best wishes.

Wolfie
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline mitch777

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2012, 03:37:20 pm »
welcome heri,
keep up the great attitude!
 :)
33 years hiv+ with a curtsy.

Offline heri24

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2012, 04:13:44 pm »
thx u wolfter!!!
thx u mitch!!!
 ;D

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2012, 05:18:16 pm »
That was on july: cd4 25 v.l. 7,000,000, in my last test it was in october my cd4: 225 and v.l. 800..... believe in yourself!

Hiya, welcome here. Those are beautiful stats, don't you think.  Believe in yourself and let medicine do its job and things work out finally.  Great post.
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline heri24

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2012, 12:28:41 am »
That's right!!! Thank you mecch!!!

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.