Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 12:38:56 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773552
  • Total Topics: 66383
  • Online Today: 390
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 296
Total: 296

Author Topic: Test Results  (Read 5655 times)

Offline John2017

• Standard
Test Results
« on: December 29, 2016, 03:11:33 am »
Hey guys,
I posted earlier in the am i infected. Anxiety was making me go crazy. I went and got tested at 6 weeks minus 1 day. They took my blood and then I got the result later. The test was ECLIA and it was negative.

I did some research and ECLIA is a 4th Gen test, I believe... It tests for both antibody and antigen. I read that Dr. HHH (Handsfield) and Dr. Hook and other doctors say that it is essentially a conclusive result at the time I took it.

What are your thoughts please... Jim? Patrick? Anyone?
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 03:33:22 am by John2017 »

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
Re: Test Results
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2016, 05:19:10 am »
John - of course its conclusive as you had no risk to acquire HIV to start with just irrational fear and great misunderstandings on the transmission of HIV.

Move on already, and don't post about this again and/or outside your original thread again as it will lead to a ban.

As educational piece if you ever in the future do have a risks than it is simple.

Although fourth generation tests shorten the time from exposure to seroconversion a repeat test at 3 months is still recommended to definitively exclude HIV infection.

4th generation tests are simply a 3rd generation antibody test and an antigen test, so 6 weeks is high confidence result hence we recommend it however 3 months is ultimately considered conclusive.

To explain an HIV antibody response can be detected as early as two weeks even in some people however 99.9% of people will test positive by 13 weeks or 3 months except for those with underling medical conditions such as receiving cancer treatment. 

Again you had no reason to run out and test to start with as you simply had no risk. Move on,

Jim

https://poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/hiv-testing
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 06:01:05 am by JimDublin »
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.