Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:50:27 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772955
  • Total Topics: 66311
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 466
Total: 470

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Why would my POZ BF bottom for a POZ top?  (Read 9671 times)

Offline CuriousGeorge

Why would my POZ BF bottom for a POZ top?
« on: October 19, 2013, 06:50:00 am »
My POZ BF of 16 months who says he is a top (he has only bottomed for me a few times) has been chatting with other tops about them fucking him BB.

I am HIV- and a top and I never put pressure on him to bottom for me.

I'm not here to judge him for cheating.  I would understand it if he wanted to cheat on me with a bottom...but to seek out other tops is totally confusing to me.  I have topped him a few times BB so he has had that experience with me.

I have bottomed for him a few times lately and told him I enjoyed that and want to do it more.

My guess is he wants the experience of bottoming raw but is afraid of me contracting HIV.

His previous partner of 7 years was a total bottom.  His partner cheated on him and that's how they contracted HIV.
IDK

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: Why would my POZ BF bottom for a POZ top?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2013, 07:13:06 am »
George,

I've moved your thread from the Living With forum to the Someone I Care About forum. As you are not hiv positive yourself, you are not permitted to post in forums meant for hiv positive people only.

Have you asked your partner why he wants to go outside your relationship for BB sex? Open and honest communication is a must in order for a relationship to be successful. All anyone can do here is guess about your situation. Why not go directly to the source and ask him instead of strangers?

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline CuriousGeorge

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2013, 08:29:01 am »
I guess I should have asked him early on when I met him and saw an email about this.
We were still seeing other people.
A year later I find out he is still considering this.
For some reason I believe he is only talking about it and has never acted on it.
But I'm afraid to confront him as he will wonder how I found this out.

Thanks for your advise tho.
I believe you are correct.

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2013, 01:29:28 pm »
But I'm afraid to confront him as he will wonder how I found this out.

How did you find out?  Honey have you been spying, snooping? If so, stop -- very bad energy there. 

Ann is right - just start talking about sex, sex roles, sex history, etc. Do it with love and curiousity to discover the sexual desires, experiences, and blocks of each other.   More information is more intimacy.  Even if the result might be surprising.  Sexuality is shifting, mysterious, gorgeous and painful..   These words like top and bottom are fine but rather limited...  I mean I guess there are 100% tops and 100% bottoms forever the whole lifespan, but my 2 cents is, that's rare....

“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Habersham

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2013, 02:41:43 pm »
I think your partner enjoys chatting through email about this. Who knows? Maybe he Skypes about it or people Kik him. Are you going to read his texts and listen in on his telephone calls?

People who eavesdrop rarely hear well of themselves
Because I Can

Offline newt

• the one and original newt
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2013, 07:12:20 pm »
Perhaps because he wants to take it raw no strings, and, oddlky, uncertainty of HIV status = no strings? Which means he cares about you, even if the expression is odd. << reason #1...

Why don't you ask?

- matt
"The object is to be a well patient, not a good patient"

Offline CuriousGeorge

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2013, 05:13:20 pm »
I guess I'm hurt that he wants to bottom for someone else and not me.
If he were a bottom I'd figure I can't satisfy him enough but for a top to go out and bottom for someone else instead of me confuses the hell out of me.
Guess I'll never know.
When I talk about sex he changes the subject
Guess he doesn't want me to know
Thanks for all your opinions tho.

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2013, 05:50:43 pm »
Don't let him change the topic. It's your right to have some discussion about it.
If he will never talk about it, what's the next step? What can you be ok with?
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.