Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:55:29 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773206
  • Total Topics: 66337
  • Online Today: 572
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 516
Total: 518

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: UPDATE: Disturbing incident last night...  (Read 4400 times)

Offline Christine

UPDATE: Disturbing incident last night...
« on: November 11, 2006, 04:24:11 pm »
Hi Everyone,
Update on the weird things happening. I called the research study nurse, and told her about the hallucinations and the phone calls I did not remember making. She said the only known neurological issue known so far with the study drug are seizures which have only presented in rats. (Sorry Jaser..)

She does know about the Ambien issues which have been showing up lately in other people taking the drug (sleep driving/ sleep eating). The study nurse is going to call the doctor. I have an appointment on Wednesday.

She asked if I wanted to stop the study drug. I told her, no, not at this point.

I also called the psychiatrist, left a message with his nurse, and am awaiting his call. The psychiatrist just called back. He thinks the hallucinations could be normal. I can't remember what he called it, but he said they can happen while someone is falling asleep. Your half asleep, half awake, and start to see things.

The phones calls- not normal. Could be the ambien, could be the study drug, could be a combo of both. Could be the study drug, along with one of the other drugs is increasing the amount of Ambien in my body. I love the "I don't for sure" answers.

I did ask if while under the Ambien amnesia, would one do things they would not normally do while conscience...hurt someone, hurt myself. He said no. Documented cases show that people do things they normally do, they just don't remember it.

I am to stop the Ambien, which I already did, and call him on Wednesday with an update.

So, that is where it stands so far. I did not sleep real well last night, but I don't have anything to do today other than some wash, so I can rest.

Thanks for letting me share. I will let you know how the study appointment goes on Wednesday.

Christine

Hello Everyone,

I went to bed last night around 9:30pm, and I took an Ambien since I have not been sleeping well lately. I woke up feeling pretty good, feeling like I slept really well, then I remembered a strange thing...I remembered my best friend telling me to go to sleep now...

It felt a little more real than a dream, and I checked my phone's outgoing phone calls from last night. I called her...around 10:30pm.

I have no recollection of talking to her with the exception of her telling me to go to sleep. She said we were on the phone for about 45 minutes talking about life...nothing to important, just the usual girl talk.

Then I called my Mom this morning...She said I called her last night too, around 10:15pm. I talked to her for a little, asked her if she can go with me to my doctor's appointments this week. I have absolutely NO recollection of this...nothing, complete blank. I feel bad, since it scared her when the phone rang. Late night phone calls are ususally not the best news.

It is sort of freaking me out. I am not going to take Ambien again until I talk to the doctor. I started the study drug three weeks ago, so perhaps there is some weird thing going on between the Ambien and the study drug.

I know there have been reports of sleep driving while on Ambien. The dogs would wake up my husband if I got up and moved around, so I am not to worried about that. Although, it does sort of worry me that I am going to be sleep-calling people. God only knows what will come out of my mouth.

Just one more thing to worry about.

Christine
« Last Edit: November 13, 2006, 01:12:53 pm by Christine »
Poz since '93. Currently on Procrit, Azithromax, Pentamidine, Valcyte, Levothyroxine, Zoloft, Epzicom, Prezista, Viread, Norvir, and GS-9137 study drug. As needed: Trazodone, Atavan, Diflucan, Zofran, Hydrocodone, Octreotide

5/30/07 t-cells 9; vl 275,000

Offline Iggy

Re: Disturbing incident last night...
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2006, 04:28:45 pm »

« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 07:54:41 pm by Iggy »

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2006, 04:37:04 pm »
   Wow I bet you had just felt like you stepped out of the twighlight zone or something.    I'll admit I can't give a single bit of advice on the pills.  I would be so worried as to what  I would say because my subliminal mind is a real treacherous motherf'er..  

You can use this to your advantage though, example below:

HUSBAND:  "Christine you said you were going to run all my errands for me today.  What happend?"

CHRISTINE:  " I said that?  Oh it must have been after I took the Ambien!"

See Christine.. I just turned a negative into a positive!!   HOOO RA for Thomas..lol.

Thomas
(Whos advice should never be followed, just heard)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2006, 04:38:35 pm by skeebo1969 »
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline Christine

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2006, 05:08:52 pm »
Hmmmm...maybe I can work this to my advantage! ;)

I am going to talk to the doctor on Monday. I'll keep you updated.

Christine
Poz since '93. Currently on Procrit, Azithromax, Pentamidine, Valcyte, Levothyroxine, Zoloft, Epzicom, Prezista, Viread, Norvir, and GS-9137 study drug. As needed: Trazodone, Atavan, Diflucan, Zofran, Hydrocodone, Octreotide

Offline Eldon

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2006, 07:01:24 pm »
Hello Christine,

Indeed you have experienced some strange occurrences that you do not recall. Your intuition is correct when you should hold off on taking the Ambien. Talk with your Doctor before proceeding with any other doses.

Also, you may want to start a personal journal to keep track of the daily events occurring in your life. After a week, you can go back and review what you have written and see if there are any certain patters that have developed.

Make the BEST of each Day!

Offline kentb

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2006, 07:22:22 pm »
Christine, my doctor just took me off of Ambien (yesterday) and replace it with Trazadone.  The problem,  I was getting up and eating 2-3 times in the middle of the night.  And only sweets will do, candy bars, cookies, ice cream, doughnuts.  I work out and jog very regularly but if not for that I would have packed on the weight.  Sometimes I have to look in the trash the next morning to see what/how much I ate during the night.  Good luck, if your doc. recommends Trazadone as a replacement the first morning you will wake up feeling a heavy fog and I think I got run over by a truck feeling... but this passes it is only the first  night.

Kent

Offline tryingforhope

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2006, 08:00:03 pm »
Christine-
I too had negative reactions to Ambien. Put it this way, I went shopping at Walmart in the middle of the night, came home, put the groceries away and went back to bed. My fiance woke in the morning to find me completely dressed and the car still running in the complex parking lot. Luckily I did not harm myself or someone else as I have no recall of that journey. My friend at Walmart had the manager show me on tape and you would have thought I was awake! Definitely right decision to hold off on it!

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2006, 08:11:19 pm »
I wish Ambien would have worked for me like that.

Offline Jeffreyj

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2006, 10:52:19 pm »
Wow, you must be freaked out. That is definitely a weird thing, not to remember 2 phone calls...and one for 45 minutes!
I am so glad you shared this story. I can't wait to see what your DR says. I always have trouble sleeping. I was going to ask my Dr what he thought about Ambien. I think I'm having serious second thoughts.
Thanks for sharing this....and please keep us posted!
Mean time, be well.
Positive since 1985

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2006, 12:16:02 am »
Wow, that is some crazy Sh*t!!! And here I was trying to get my doc to prescribe me some Ambien. He did on the past but it was for only 7 days. But after reading these post, I think I will let it go..... :-[
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline Christine

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2006, 11:14:27 am »
Just to let everyone know, I did not take an Ambien last night, and I slept okay and without making an freaky phone calls. I'll let you know what the doctor says.

Thanks to everyone for their experiences. Those are some scary things. I read about the sleep eating and sleep driving, it is really disturbing.

Christine

Offline david25luvit

• Member since March 2005
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2006, 03:30:58 pm »
That is scary..........Yikes No Ambien for me! :o
In Memory of
Raymond David McRae III
Nov. 25, 1972- Oct. 15, 2004
I miss him terribly..........

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2006, 08:21:49 pm »
Christine...  I just filled my Ambien Px!!  Yippie!

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.