Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 11:18:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772781
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 328
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 243
Total: 244

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: I'm positive I'm happy to be here  (Read 9926 times)

Offline CallingAllAngels

I'm positive I'm happy to be here
« on: July 12, 2007, 07:51:21 pm »
Hey, ladies.

I'm really happy to be here. I posted an intro on the "I just tested poz" forum, although more accurately, I just tested poz for the HIV I've had for three and a half years or so. I want to say something specific to being in this situation, and being a woman: being a woman's got its challenges any day of the week. To be HIV+ and female is more challenging still... and for me, being in my very early 20s, and poz, was quite a shock. I'm happy I've found you here, though. There's nothing I'd like better than to get to know some of you (heck, all of you!) pretty well.

I'm constantly tired and thanks to a new job, also constantly busy, but I've found a few things help a LOT.... sleep, friends, family, faith, fun and cuddly cats, as well as good books and the odd cup of tea. I don't know about you, but the above really help me out when I'm stressed and needing some down time. (My VL needs some down time, too! Heh. Bad joke, eh.)

Anyways.... a warm hello to you ladies. Right now, I'm not terrified. I was when I found out I was HIV+, and that I'd had it for some time, and that my CD4 wasn't very good.... but now that I've gotten a chance to think, I've found that being open and being able to talk and being able to pray and laugh and question and everything are just great... and I hope I can do all the above here.

Be back later. =)

CallingAllAngels

Offline zachysmom

Re: I'm positive I'm happy to be here
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 10:00:56 pm »
Welcome Angels,
Glad to hear your in such great spirits. Having a good attitude is really helpful in long term acceptance/outcome  of the disease.
I'm really sorry to hear that your're so young, because it really difficult, I know been there, done that.
I just wanted to let you know that you are more than welcome, and I hope that we women are of some solice to you, as they have been for me.

Welcome again,
Nicole
From Russia with love,
Nicole

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 10:07:49 pm »
Hi Angels

Welcome to the forums.

I have always believed that a good attitude and knowlegde is the best medication.

I hope you stay around and take part in some of the other forums.."Living with" and "Off topic"....you will find that the guys here are a good bunch and are always willing to help with advise, so don't be shy in asking any questions you may have.

Look forward to hearing more from you.

Hugs
Jan
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline nunii

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2007, 10:21:45 pm »
Hi Angel;

Am so happy to have you on board, am happier still that you have found peace and are able to laugh, and pray.  I have found that laughter and prayer are  the best medicines and since finding out 8/2/04 I have been open and honest, with little to no rejection, those who have shunned me their lost, those who accept me my treasures.

I hope that this community is as helpful to you as it has been to me...

lots of hugs and prayers
nunii
every 60 secs of anger are 60 secs lost of happiness

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2007, 11:40:38 pm »
Hello CAA,

I had just turned 24 when I found out and its been 13 years.  I am new to the forums and I love these women so very much aready!  I am never lonely when I am here and I am getting more strength every day from these posts.  I am considering becoming more open about my status in order to weed out the truly bad people in my life, as they come along.  I am pretty much a loner now, dating some and NOT disclosing very often.  I don't really have any "best friends" anymore.  I have chosen to keep myself "safe" and I feel that I am letting life pass me by.  I am so thrilled that you are here reaching out, too!  These women here can really help lift your spirits, everyone has such a twisted sense of humor, and it can really help you to escape, laugh and get through any rough times! 

So......WELCOME!

Cindy   :D
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2007, 07:24:46 am »
Hello, CallingAllAngels. Welcome to the forums. There are really a bunch of fantastic people (male and female) and I hope you enjoy it here. I like having a women's forum but the rest are great ,too.   Cristy

Offline tsw923

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2007, 02:48:26 pm »
Welcome Angel!

Glad you found us and like everyone here, I'm always around if you want to 'talk'!  Keep that positive attitude!

Ty
Help find a cure for leukemia, lymphoma, and other blood-related cancers by sponsoring me as I walk a 1/2 marathon as a part of the Maryland chapter of Team in Training.  To find out more and to donate, please click on the following site:  http://www.active.com/donate/tntmd/tswtntmd

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2007, 09:14:41 pm »
CallingAllAngels,

Welcome to the forums, girlfriend! I also like the name too. I agree with the others, keeping a good attitude always helps. That and a sense of humor is what keeps me going. I'm glad you realize that being poz is not the end of the world but it is an adjustment. The ladies here are wonderful and so are the gentlemen. Check out the other forums here, you will see. I hope to see more posts from you in the future.
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2007, 10:20:05 pm »
Welcome, Angel.  I hope you post more on these forums. 
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline CallingAllAngels

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2007, 04:21:06 pm »
Wow, thanks for all the responses, ladies! I'll definitely be posting around the forums here. I can tell there are really friendly folks around these parts. Awesome! It can really help, finding community and people to toss ideas out to, and gab with.

I was at a wrestling show last night, and I was speaking to a female wrestler who donates 85% of her wrestling proceeds to our local AIDS charity. I have yet one more woman I can say I look up to, in the world. Yay. That made me happy. Just wanted to share that, for some reason... :)

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2007, 05:14:00 pm »
Now did you say wrestling? The Queen is a big wrestling fan. Is this female in the WWE or some off brand? Either way I think it's great that she donates her money like that. Women have come a long way in wrestling.Now they are not seen as just TnA. Some of my faves were Trish Stratus, Chyna, Sensational Sherry(who died just recently), and of course, The Fabulous Moolah. At the moment I can't say I really have a favorite but does like Micki James, Victoria, and Melina. These are women in the WWE...I am a bit disappointed with the TNA(total non-stop action) wrestling because the females on there is mainly for show, only 2 wrestles but not that often, which is Gail Kim and  Jacqueline Moore both who use to be on WWE. I think Vince McMahon got rid of Gail Kim because there really wasn't a female who could touch her because she is so good with submission moves. I could go on for hours....
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline CallingAllAngels

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2007, 01:06:16 pm »
Now did you say wrestling? The Queen is a big wrestling fan. Is this female in the WWE or some off brand? Either way I think it's great that she donates her money like that. Women have come a long way in wrestling.Now they are not seen as just TnA. Some of my faves were Trish Stratus, Chyna, Sensational Sherry(who died just recently), and of course, The Fabulous Moolah. At the moment I can't say I really have a favorite but does like Micki James, Victoria, and Melina. These are women in the WWE...I am a bit disappointed with the TNA(total non-stop action) wrestling because the females on there is mainly for show, only 2 wrestles but not that often, which is Gail Kim and  Jacqueline Moore both who use to be on WWE. I think Vince McMahon got rid of Gail Kim because there really wasn't a female who could touch her because she is so good with submission moves. I could go on for hours....

Actually, ironically enough, a lot of the wrestlers that were at the show, a few of the women included, are with TNA. I agree that most of the women are for show, unfortunately... and that bothers me. But not all of them are. Jaime D rocks, for instance. She's my favourite, she's got guts, and the one I was speaking with.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2007, 01:08:13 pm by CallingAllAngels »

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2007, 02:07:38 pm »
I am not familiar with any female on TNA called Jamie D.....Is she one of the females that actually wrestle?
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline CallingAllAngels

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2007, 03:03:55 pm »
Here ya go: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaime_Dauncey  That's probably why you haven't heard of her. She's not strictly with TNA, I guess. I'm really happy I got a picture with her the other night.... and it's funny because she's pointing at me, but it looks like she's poking my chest.  :D

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.